Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Ahbye

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Ahbye » February 23rd, 2019, 7:15 am

usublue20 wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 10:57 am
Sorry to hijack and maybe this isn't the proper place for this but I also had a run in at the game last night. Not with guest services but with the USU police, particularly one female officer. My older parents, who are USU grads and have rarely missed a game in 30+ years have gotten to a point where it is very difficult for them to walk into the games.

I dropoff/pickup them at the northeast corner of the Spectrum. We always wait until everybody clears out as to not cause problems. Last night I was parked just outside the barrier to the sidewalk waiting for my parents to walk out. There was one other car there as well. Nobody else around, cars or people. Had the female cop come up to my car and start getting on me telling me I can't drive on the sidewalk. Well I wasn't on the sidewalk and was in park so I wasn't going to. After berating me she did the same to the other car. We both then watched as two police SUVs pulled up onto the sidewalk and pick up several people, who were obviously family members of the the cops, who were young and able and perhaps only problem with getting around was being overweight. I guess they think they get special treatment because they wear a badge. After the two USU police vehicles left people in the other car commented on how strange it was. It's been very difficult at times for my mom to walk in to some of the games. If I couldn't drop them off they would not be able to attend. Made them start to wonder if all the hassle was worth even trying.

Not the first time I've had a run in with this particular officer. She pulled me over for not having a front license plate. Yes you are required to have on but it is a secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for such. Maybe just another police officer that thinks she has power over everyone else and if she doesn't like what your doing watch out.
USU doesn't have any female patrol cops. There is a female detective that works in the day and a female reserve that only does special events. The female reserve covered the west doors that night, all night and then went to do traffic with two minutes left in the game...on the other side of campus. The "obvious" and "overweight" family members you saw were the student dispatchers who dispatch for the game and a couple of security guards. The place you describe where you were parked is where the required ambulance gets in and out. That area has to stay clear, whether the ambulance is present or not, until the ops channel is closed, which isn't until those fat student dispatchers can get back to the office. That's probably why you were told not to wait there. There are places to drop off those who have a hard time getting around. That's on the west side where there are stairs and an elevator to assist them. Any more assumptions, presumptions, hyperbole, or insults, or have you made yourself look bad enough for one post? How 'bout this: There are numerous cameras on that area. Where were you really parked?
Last edited by Ahbye on February 23rd, 2019, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 23rd, 2019, 7:18 am

Ahbye wrote:
usublue20 wrote:
Sorry to hijack and maybe this isn't the proper place for this but I also had a run in at the game last night. Not with guest services but with the USU police, particularly one female officer. My older parents, who are USU grads and have rarely missed a game in 30+ years have gotten to a point where it is very difficult for them to walk into the games.

I dropoff/pickup them at the northeast corner of the Spectrum. We always wait until everybody clears out as to not cause problems. Last night I was parked just outside the barrier to the sidewalk waiting for my parents to walk out. There was one other car there as well. Nobody else around, cars or people. Had the female cop come up to my car and start getting on me telling me I can't drive on the sidewalk. Well I wasn't on the sidewalk and was in park so I wasn't going to. After berating me she did the same to the other car. We both then watched as two police SUVs pulled up onto the sidewalk and pick up several people, who were obviously family members of the the cops, who were young and able and perhaps only problem with getting around was being overweight. I guess they think they get special treatment because they wear a badge. After the two USU police vehicles left people in the other car commented on how strange it was. It's been very difficult at times for my mom to walk in to some of the games. If I couldn't drop them off they would not be able to attend. Made them start to wonder if all the hassle was worth even trying.

Not the first time I've had a run in with this particular officer. She pulled me over for not having a front license plate. Yes you are required to have on but it is a secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for such. Maybe just another police officer that thinks she has power over everyone else and if she doesn't like what your doing watch out.
USU doesn't have any female patrol cops. There is a female detective that works in the day and a female reserve that only does special events. The female reserve covered the west doors that night, all night and then went to do traffic with two minutes left in the game...on the other side of campus. The "obvious" and "overweight" family members you saw were the student dispatchers who dispatch for the game and a couple of security guards. The place you describe where you were parked is where the required ambulance gets in and out. That area has to stay clear, whether the ambulance is present or not, until the ops channel is closed, which isn't until those fat student dispatchers can get back to the office. That's probably why you were told not to wait there. There are places to drop off those who have a hard time getting around. That's on the west side where there are stairs and an elevator to assist them. Any more assumptions, presumptions, hyperbole, or insults, or have you made yourself look bad enough for one post? How 'bout this: There are numerous cameras on that area. Where were you really parked?
Hahaha, snowflakes.

Hail Aggies!

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » February 23rd, 2019, 7:19 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 7:18 am
Ahbye wrote:
usublue20 wrote:

Hahaha, snowflakes.
I thought I saw your lights on when I drove by a while ago. On a Saturday morning no less. Must be one of those successful people.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » February 23rd, 2019, 7:40 am

A) you a creeper.
B) yes i am winning

Hail Aggies!

cval

Post by cval » February 23rd, 2019, 7:57 am

There are numerous versions of most all stories of outrageous behavior by police and security staff. The one designed to make them look outrageous and unreasonable is pretty much always embellished to the point where its accuracy is in question.

I take all such stories with a grain of salt.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » February 23rd, 2019, 9:04 am

cval wrote:There are numerous versions of most all stories of outrageous behavior by police and security staff. The one designed to make them look outrageous and unreasonable is pretty much always embellished to the point where its accuracy is in question.

I take mine with sugar, and now I have diabetus.

Hail Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 23rd, 2019, 11:47 am

cval wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 7:57 am
There are numerous versions of most all stories of outrageous behavior by police and security staff. The one designed to make them look outrageous and unreasonable is pretty much always embellished to the point where its accuracy is in question.

There are always three sides to every story, each party's side, and the truth. It's not just with police or even security stories where there can be conflicting sides, but people can tell stories about experiences with teachers, church leaders, bishops, staff at various places, old bosses, with details blown out of proportion they want to include, and details spared they choose to spare. And it's not even just with people who have authority that stories can have different versions about. Like someone can tell stories about a friend's ex-boyfriend and blow out of proportion how bad the ex was while sparing details about their own friend. Or just stories about various incidents can have different versions on different sides, like with recruiting we have our versions of stories while other school's or athletes have their version.

Locked Previous topicNext topic