Chris Hill retiring

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
usufan1

Chris Hill retiring

Post by usufan1 » March 26th, 2018, 10:43 am

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46287901&nid=6 ... s-director

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LKGates

Re: Chris Hill retiring

Post by LKGates » March 26th, 2018, 12:23 pm

usufan1 wrote:
March 26th, 2018, 10:43 am
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46287901&nid=6 ... s-director

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I believe you mean DOCTOR Chris Hill.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 26th, 2018, 12:38 pm

This could lead to them scheduling us a bit more in Basketball and Football. No reason we can't have a H-H arrangement in hoops and play them every few years in football.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 26th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Please pick up Barnes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 26th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Good riddance! Coward.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 26th, 2018, 9:16 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:Please pick up Barnes!

Honestly, that really wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Agsman

Post by Agsman » March 27th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Madmartigan wrote:This could lead to them scheduling us a bit more in Basketball and Football. No reason we can't have a H-H arrangement in hoops and play them every few years in football.
Still have to get Larry on board. Which I highly doubt.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » March 27th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Who’s Chris Hill...? ;-)

Servo

Post by Servo » March 27th, 2018, 9:49 pm

This will give their basketball team extra motivation to beat Penn St and bring home the NIT trophy to send Hill out with a bang.

I'm not biased. I mock everybody.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 27th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Don’t say “bang”. That is a scary word.

ususports

Post by ususports » March 28th, 2018, 10:38 am

Servo wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 9:49 pm
This will give their basketball team extra motivation to beat Penn St and bring home the NIT trophy to send Hill out with a bang.
He doesn't even know his team is still playing. According to the KSL article, "Hill said he made the decision back in January but wanted to wait until the end of basketball season to not 'be a distraction.' He will remain as the university's athletics director for the next two months before formally retiring." His timing demonstrates the intelligence of a true "doctor."

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 28th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Good to hear. He should have been fired after the swimming scandal revealed he ignored abuse by one of his coaches.

Hopefully we can play them regularly again.

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » March 28th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:Good to hear. He should have been fired after the swimming scandal revealed he ignored abuse by one of his coaches.

We can play them regularly as long as the games are ALWAYS in Salt Lake. Larry is a douche bag and I don't see him ever coming to Logan unless we have home court advantage in an NIT game. Otherwise the furthest he will travel to play us is at the Vivint Smart Home Arena every three years as part of the Beehive Classic which is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » March 29th, 2018, 12:10 am

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 1:52 pm
Good to hear. He should have been fired after the swimming scandal revealed he ignored abuse by one of his coaches.

Well, he is a doctor, and as we saw from the Michigan State scandal, doctors tend to ignore those things.

UtesAggs>BYU

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » March 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm

thansen wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:Good to hear. He should have been fired after the swimming scandal revealed he ignored abuse by one of his coaches.

We can play them regularly as long as the games are ALWAYS in Salt Lake. Larry is a douche bag and I don't see him ever coming to Logan unless we have home court advantage in an NIT game. Otherwise the furthest he will travel to play us is at the Vivint Smart Home Arena every three years as part of the Beehive Classic which is a joke.

USU's 3 year average RPI is 159. Based on NCAA tournament selection criteria, this makes the game a Quad 3 road game for Utah. I have issues with who Utah plays at home in OOC, but playing in Logan gives absolutely ZERO benefit to making the NCAA tournament. I'm a proponent of Utah never playing BYU again. But, when Utah plays at BYU, it would be a Quad 1 game which the selection committee loves.

Hell, Weber St has a 3 year RPI average of of 154, which would make a game on the road with them better than playing in Logan. Maybe this new coach will turn the Aggies into San Diego St, Nevada or Boise. Until then, come beat Utah in Salt Lake

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm
thansen wrote:

USU's 3 year average RPI is 159. Based on NCAA tournament selection criteria, this makes the game a Quad 3 road game for Utah. I have issues with who Utah plays at home in OOC, but playing in Logan gives absolutely ZERO benefit to making the NCAA tournament. I'm a proponent of Utah never playing BYU again. But, when Utah plays at BYU, it would be a Quad 1 game which the selection committee loves.

Hell, Weber St has a 3 year RPI average of of 154, which would make a game on the road with them better than playing in Logan. Maybe this new coach will turn the Aggies into San Diego St, Nevada or Boise. Until then, come beat Utah in Salt Lake
Well fancy pants, you had a much worse 4-year run a few years ago yourself when we were still pretty good. We probably shouldn't have wasted the gas to drive down to SLC and tarnish OUR RPI.

Glad Chris Hill is gone so that maybe we can start playing again.

Guys like you are the reason I am starting to hate utah as much as the one true team.

I understand your argument in football where games are so limited (although the home and home with mighty Wyoming blows that theory up), but you have plenty of games in basketball.

I'm sick of you guys. You are the new zoobs.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 29th, 2018, 11:33 pm

thansen wrote:

Yeah I'm maybe optimistic that it is a Chris Hill problem, but Larry plays the same game. Glad they are willing to travel a couple of miles down the hill. baby steps I guess. :puke:

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 29th, 2018, 11:35 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

Even if USU or Utah is terrible, in-state rivalry games should be played. Utah had close to a decade of being pretty bad. Sometimes you are good, sometimes you are bad, but play the dang games!

UtesAggs>BYU

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » March 29th, 2018, 11:40 pm

GeoAg wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm
UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

You had a much worse 4-year run a few years ago yourself fancy pants when we were still pretty good. We probably shouldn't have wasted the gas to drive down to SLC and tarnish our RPI.

Guys like you are the reason I am starting to have utah as much as the one true team.

I understand your argument in football where games are so limited (although the home and home with mighty Wyoming blows that theory up), but you have plenty of games in basketball.

1. It won't change with Hill gone
2. Look at the schools willing to come to Logan. It's not just Utah that sees no value in that road game
3. You shouldn't have wasted the gas. But since the last time you played Utah in SLC, you lost to a 14-17 Utah team, your argument doesn't have much merit

UtesAggs>BYU

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » March 29th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:35 pm
UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

Even if USU or Utah is terrible, in-state rivalry games should be played. Utah had close to a decade of being pretty bad. Sometimes you are good, sometimes you are bad, but play the dang games!
You're right, we should play in-state rivalries. This past year Utah would have gotten more credit for playing (and beating) Utah Valley (RPI 83) on the road or neutral venue, than Utah St (RPI 152). In fact, it would have been much more valued by the committee (Quad 2 vs Quad 3).

Go find me any top 60 (3 year average) team that played a road game vs a Quad 3 team.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2018, 11:56 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:40 pm
GeoAg wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm
UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

You had a much worse 4-year run a few years ago yourself fancy pants when we were still pretty good. We probably shouldn't have wasted the gas to drive down to SLC and tarnish our RPI.

Guys like you are the reason I am starting to have utah as much as the one true team.

1. It won't change with Hill gone
2. Look at the schools willing to come to Logan. It's not just Utah that sees no value in that road game
3. You shouldn't have wasted the gas. But since the last time you played Utah in SLC, you lost to a 14-17 Utah team, your argument doesn't have much merit
1) Too bad. Welcome to zoobdom
2) When we were good and there was plenty of value teams didn't come either because they are afraid to lose. That is the same problem your wussy program has today
3) It has merit because playing you was a no-win situation. Win and you bet a crappy team. Lose on the road, which can always happen and it is an embarrassment. Does that argument sound familiar?

In a few days when the Zags join, we'll be in a better basketball conference anyway while Arizona recovers from cheating and you rebuild for another great NIT run, but we would still be willing to condescend and play you if you like.

Nobody likes you.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 30th, 2018, 12:15 am

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:49 pm
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:35 pm
UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

You're right, we should play in-state rivalries. This past year Utah would have gotten more credit for playing (and beating) Utah Valley (RPI 83) on the road or neutral venue, than Utah St (RPI 152). In fact, it would have been much more valued by the committee (Quad 2 vs Quad 3).

Go find me any top 60 (3 year average) team that played a road game vs a Quad 3 team.
Sure. I found two very close by. byu when they played utah in 2011-2012 and USU when they should have played utah in 2011-2012 before that pansy Crisco backed out.

3-year RPI Average that season:
USU: 63
byu: 24
utah: 183 :anonymous:

Run along princess.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 30th, 2018, 6:35 am

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
thansen wrote:

Your strategy worked so well for you this year. Congrats on getting the number 2 seed this year.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » March 30th, 2018, 10:23 am

quad 1 or quad 3 doesn't matter if you don't get into the tournament!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic