NAR: Jake Heaps is gone

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
UtahStizzle

NAR: Jake Heaps is gone

Post by UtahStizzle » December 5th, 2011, 10:50 am

Reports are out he's officially transferring. Not sure where yet. And his demise all started this year against us... I wish BYU would have waited one more game to bring Riley in.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

ViAggie

Re: NAR: Jake Heaps is gone

Post by ViAggie » December 5th, 2011, 11:07 am

wait... why? Isn't RN a Senior this year? And then there is Lark kid who's only got what? Two years to play? Am I confused? Wont Heaps only have one year if he transfers to a 1A?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 5th, 2011, 11:11 am

ViAggie wrote:wait... why? Isn't RN a Senior this year? And then there is Lark kid who's only got what? Two years to play? Am I confused? Wont Heaps only have one year if he transfers to a 1A?
Riley got a medical RS for last year and has one more year left to play.

Wish they would have waited one more game to pull Heaps, or that they would have pulled him before the game. Is Heaps stays in that game, we win. If RIley starts, I think we win.

I can't wait to play the one true team next year. They only have so many miracles to spare.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 5th, 2011, 11:15 am

It's official. BYU announced that Heaps is no longer on the team and not going to the bowl game with them.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 5th, 2011, 11:19 am

So will Jake Hypes have another presser at Iggy's with his PR agent to announce this?

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » December 5th, 2011, 11:24 am

Utah's looking for a Qb...

Twitter: UtahStizzle

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » December 5th, 2011, 11:52 am

Interesting he is not even going to the bowl. Maybe he can come back to WA and challenge Mr Montana, who also played some this year and was a fail.

lexyd03
Been thanked: 0

Post by lexyd03 » December 5th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Heaps still has a red shirt too, so he will be able to use that if he transfers to a d1. I don't understand any of this. I think it is a poor decision (besides the fact that I would want to get the hell away from the y too) on both parts.

USU
Has thanked: 0

Jake Heaps

Post by USU » December 5th, 2011, 12:30 pm

He won't come here, will he?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: Jake Heaps

Post by BigBlueDart » December 5th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Why would he come here, and why would our coaches want him to?

USU

Post by USU » December 5th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Good points. I was kind of being sarcastic. Interesting he is leaving BYU, though.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 5th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Don't want him. We are in better hands with Kennedy, Keeton, and Manning. Use the scholy on a guy who is 6'6" 300+ and can floss with Jake Hypes.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » December 5th, 2011, 12:50 pm

GeoAg wrote:Don't want him. We are in better hands with Kennedy, Keeton, and Manning. Use the scholy on a guy who is 6'6" 300+ and can floss with Jake Hypes.
:lol: post of the day!
Last edited by GeorgiaAggie on December 5th, 2011, 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » December 5th, 2011, 12:57 pm

What if he came here, then with BYU leading late in the game, Heaps came in and won it for us on a last second heave into the end zone? How many heads would explode?

(Not that I want him in Logan, but it's fun to think about.)

aggiejump

Post by aggiejump » December 5th, 2011, 1:09 pm

I will miss calling him Dung Heaps.

(Should I apologize???)

Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9-21
...And Saint Attila raised the holy hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin...

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 5th, 2011, 1:15 pm

First of all yes, you are beyond human decency and need to write a public apology letter immediately.

Second, I am sure Hypes thinks he is too good for us, and we think (know) that our Quarterbacks are better than him.

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm

I think it is a good decision for Heaps. If he redshirts next year at BYU as a RS Jr in 2013 he has to compete with some pretty highly regarded QBs coming in for a coach that doesn't seem to like him that much. If he didn't RS next year, then he would be left with one year and he would not be a firm starter.

If he transfers, he can sit out the year and use his redshirt and get a fresh start and not have to play for Pres. Mendenhall.

I don't really think it matters much though because from what he has displayed so far, he isn't very good and he will likely be holding a clipboard wherever he goes.

lexyd03

Post by lexyd03 » December 5th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Intermeddler wrote:I think it is a good decision for Heaps. If he redshirts next year at BYU as a RS Jr in 2013 he has to compete with some pretty highly regarded QBs coming in for a coach that doesn't seem to like him that much. If he didn't RS next year, then he would be left with one year and he would not be a firm starter.

If he transfers, he can sit out the year and use his redshirt and get a fresh start and not have to play for Pres. Mendenhall.

I don't really think it matters much though because from what he has displayed so far, he isn't very good and he will likely be holding a clipboard wherever he goes.
I didn't realize him and Mendenhall didn't get along. I don't pay that much attention to the one true team. I figured everyone still worshipped him down there. If this is true then it probably is the right decision for him. I agree that he has been anything but impressive at this level.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » December 5th, 2011, 1:41 pm

He could see the writing on the wall. RN will be the starter until he graduates or get's hurt again. But I can see his point, after all of the hype, the guy probably can't wait to see provo in the rear view mirror. He was all hype and no presence. Just wish he would have stayed in for the whole game vs. USU.

Hope he finds greener pastures elsewhere.

hatescougars

Post by hatescougars » December 5th, 2011, 1:54 pm

What happens to all these 4 star recruits that Jakeoff brought with him?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 5th, 2011, 2:01 pm

3 words:
Hyped
Selfish
Pansy

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 5th, 2011, 2:52 pm

For those that keep saying they wish Heaps had stayed in when we played BYU, I'd argue that a bigger influence to that game than Riley Nelson was Brady getting thrown out for a bogus call. Brady is our best safety and would have at very least been involved in the hail mary play. McClenton was gassed by that point.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 5th, 2011, 3:02 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:For those that keep saying they wish Heaps had stayed in when we played BYU, I'd argue that a bigger influence to that game than Riley Nelson was Brady getting thrown out for a bogus call. Brady is our best safety and would have at very least been involved in the hail mary play. McClenton was gassed by that point.
I partially agree with you. I think that with we could have won with Brady still in or with Heaps still in. Heaps wasn't getting the job done at all. While it would have been nice to have Brady in still, he wasn't really needed. Once Riley came in though it would have been nice to have Brady in there.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 5th, 2011, 3:06 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:For those that keep saying they wish Heaps had stayed in when we played BYU, I'd argue that a bigger influence to that game than Riley Nelson was Brady getting thrown out for a bogus call. Brady is our best safety and would have at very least been involved in the hail mary play. McClenton was gassed by that point.
Of all the (I can't express myself without swearing) calls we endured this year. That was the (I can't express myself without swearing). I am still amazed at how pathetic that was.

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

troutputz
RIP

Heaps Gone at y B u.....

Post by troutputz » December 5th, 2011, 3:12 pm

EDIT: Merged from another thread:

Wah, Wah, Wah, most overrated QB to go to y B U since the Miller kid that transfered to Montana. the Miller kid did all right up there! Wonder where I am afraid to be tackled Heaps will be going?

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 5th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
Of all the (I can't express myself without swearing) calls we endured this year. That was the (I can't express myself without swearing). I am still amazed at how pathetic that was.
[youtube][/youtube]

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 5th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Washington State? Maybe he's got a Cougar thing. And with Mike Leach there, they're going to be throwing a lot.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » December 5th, 2011, 3:19 pm

I personally think it would appropriate if next year Riley gets injured and the y B u has to sramble to get someone in to back Rudy up!

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 5th, 2011, 4:17 pm

lexyd03 wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:I think it is a good decision for Heaps. If he redshirts next year at BYU as a RS Jr in 2013 he has to compete with some pretty highly regarded QBs coming in for a coach that doesn't seem to like him that much. If he didn't RS next year, then he would be left with one year and he would not be a firm starter.

I didn't realize him and Mendenhall didn't get along. I don't pay that much attention to the one true team. I figured everyone still worshipped him down there. If this is true then it probably is the right decision for him. I agree that he has been anything but impressive at this level.
I guess I should clarify. They may well like each other and respect one another, but Mendenhall seems to have a lot more affinity for Riley than Jake. From what I have been told, Riley works very hard, and Jake is a clock-puncher and Mendenhall would rather start Riley than Jake for that reason.

He had a perfect excuse to keep Heaps as the starter when Riley got hurt and didn't, so I guess Heaps could see the writing on the wall.

I agree with you though, one needs no other reason than to get away from BYU to justify transferring from that school.

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » December 5th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Intermeddler...who are some of the highly regard QB's coming to the zoobs?? I thought Heaps was THE man for the next four years. I'm asking not provoking..I really don't know who their guys are other than Lark, Benedict and Heaps...who do they have outside of them??

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » December 5th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Had a lot of driving around to do today so spent some time listening to 1280. I can tolerate, barely, Monson and Jake Scott,
though as I've said before, I have no idea why management keeps Jan Jorgensen and Kyle Gunther on the air. Worst
"sports" talk I've ever heard. But, I digress. Monson and Scott spent a lot of time speculating about why Heaps couldn't
seem to make it. I find it amusing that after all the derogatory comments made about Riley Nelson (Rudy) in this forum
since he left, that Jake Heaps, touted as the Second Coming of, oh, I dunno, Jim McMahon or Ty Detmer or, well, pick
one, gets beat out by Nelson.

goaggie28

Re: Heaps Gone at y B u.....

Post by goaggie28 » December 5th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Here the conversation:

Heaps: Hey Riley, I've got an opportunity to go to a PAC12 school. What should I do?
Nelson: We'll miss you, but I say go for it!
Heaps: But what about commitment, loyalty, honor?
Nelson: Look at me, ever since Bronco visited me Spain, I've decided that those attributes are trivial.
Heaps: Alright, sounds good to me.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 5th, 2011, 4:50 pm

72AgGrad wrote:I find it amusing that after all the derogatory comments made about Riley Nelson (Rudy) in this forum
since he left, that Jake Heaps, touted as the Second Coming of, oh, I dunno, Jim McMahon or Ty Detmer or, well, pick
one, gets beat out by Nelson.
Yes... I find it amusing that not only did he get beat out by Riley Nelson, but that he was ranked as one of THE WORST QB's in the nation before being demoted. I will admit that I haven't followed BYU at all since Nelson was hurt and Heaps came back, but I did hear that he won some games while Riley was away...

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 5th, 2011, 4:53 pm

breadysmith wrote:Intermeddler...who are some of the highly regard QB's coming to the zoobs?? I thought Heaps was THE man for the next four years. I'm asking not provoking..I really don't know who their guys are other than Lark, Benedict and Heaps...who do they have outside of them??
Most of them are waiting for Tanner Mangum. He was part of this year's Elite 11 on ESPN and I believe won MVP of that camp.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 5th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Aglicious wrote:
breadysmith wrote:Intermeddler...who are some of the highly regard QB's coming to the zoobs?? I thought Heaps was THE man for the next four years. I'm asking not provoking..I really don't know who their guys are other than Lark, Benedict and Heaps...who do they have outside of them??
Most of them are waiting for Tanner Mangum. He was part of this year's Elite 11 on ESPN and I believe won MVP of that camp.
Yeah there is Tanner Magnum and Taysom Hill who committed to Stanford but changed his mind on the mission (sound familiar) when Harbaugh left and is going to BYU. I think he is from Pocatello. He was a 3 Star 5.6 on rivals, which is a pretty solid ranking, but not spectacular.

Locked Previous topicNext topic