Andy Katz: no rule against being in two conferences

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
dogie

Andy Katz: no rule against being in two conferences

Post by dogie » October 14th, 2011, 3:22 am

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball

Andy Katz says that there is no NCAA legislation that prevents a school from putting its football team in one conference (e.g., Big East) and its basketball team in another conference (e.g., WAC). Or, at least he cites Karl Benson as an authority on this topic. Still, I think that it is safe to say that this could be done. It's just that no one has really had the motivation to do this in the past.

This article also discusses Air Force's options. It also mentions USU's interest in replacing Air Force in the MWC.

kofdog

Re: Andy Katz: no rule against being in two conferences

Post by kofdog » October 14th, 2011, 8:15 am

Why do people randomly quote Benson when they talk about conference stuff lately? Last I checked he's the farthest thing from an expert on this and keeps getting screwed over.

Maybe he's just calling to offer thoughts to people, they don't solicist the remarks. He's driving to Vegas with his daughter, and he's like, oooh, I should call Andy Katz and tell him there isn't such a rule, maybe that way, Air Force would actually answer the phone when I call... duuuurrrrr

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 14th, 2011, 8:40 am

there seems to be some confusion over this "rule" because it's never been done before. But the last time this issue was brought up with TCU (I think) someone actually posted the language, which seemed vauge, and thus arguments insued. BUT I'm guessing that Mr. Penut has done his homework and has got clearance from the NCAA to make invitations to schools like Boise and AFA in the event that he can lure them... and I know people think he's stupid for trying, but I don't blame him.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » October 14th, 2011, 11:32 am

You should be fired from ESPN for citing Karl Benson as a source.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Locked Previous topicNext topic