Idaho Potato Bowl

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
89LaytonAg
Has thanked: 0

Idaho Potato Bowl

Post by 89LaytonAg » August 24th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Well from this article we know at least 1 thing, that the bowl will continue to exist and more than likely stay in Boise (for those who thought it might move to San Antonio). That is because of the new sponsor, who according to the article is paying 2.49 million for naming rights over the next six years. Unfortunately, they do not specify the conference affiliations for the game after this season, leaving open the possibility that it will follow Boise St. to the MWC. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/08/2 ... llion.html

ViAggie

Re: Idaho Potato Bowl

Post by ViAggie » August 24th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Well they can keep it. San Antonio bowl here we come. ALSO maybe a WAC bowl in Utah? One sponsored by a huge mineral company based in Australia? Game at RES? Revived Copper Bowl? Hmmmm....... :noidea:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

JasonJensen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Idaho Potato Bowl

Post by JasonJensen » August 24th, 2011, 1:50 pm

89LaytonAg wrote:Well from this article we know at least 1 thing, that the bowl will continue to exist and more than likely stay in Boise (for those who thought it might move to San Antonio). That is because of the new sponsor, who according to the article is paying 2.49 million for naming rights over the next six years. Unfortunately, they do not specify the conference affiliations for the game after this season, leaving open the possibility that it will follow Boise St. to the MWC. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/08/2 ... llion.html
That's probably right that it will go to the MWC. However, I wouldn't complain about a San Antonio Bowl in the middle of December. We wouldn't get a huge turnout due to distance, but I would make I wouldn't mind it. A True Aggie will find a way to get there.

Locked Previous topicNext topic