Jimmer? I wonder

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
AbsoluteAggie

Jimmer? I wonder

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:09 am

I cannot and will not ever call myself a Jazz fan. It is a long story and growing up in another state had a lot to do with it. But having lived here I have developed a respect for the franchise, but I am not here to talk about that. My question is if the Jazz do take a guard with the number #3 pick there is no way in HEL** (Wait BYU fans might be reading, don't want offend, all about PC) that the Jazz take Jimmer with the #12 pick right? I understand the whole argument that the front court is loaded, but can you really have enough "big" guys on your team? Just a thought

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Jimmer? I wonder

Post by ProvoAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:19 am

If the Jazz take a guard with the #3 pick then there is no way that they take Jimmer too. I just don't know if they'll end up taking a guard with that #3 pick. I really don't want to see Jimmer end up on the Jazz.

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:23 am

I can't see why anyone on the Jazz band wagon would. Can he be a great player....yeah down the road, kid has a good work ethic but he would be on the bench for a while, ticket sales would be great until people get bored of Jimmer passing out gatorade

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:31 am

I've met BYU fans that go both ways on the issue. There are some that say they would never follow the Jazz again if they don't draft Jimmer but there are also plenty that don't want to see him here. If he ends up with the Jazz, he will have a very high expectation. There are quite a few people that fit into being both BYU and Jazz fans and there are some of those that believe he will come out next year and be the greatest player the NBA has seen in many years. If he doesn't come out and lead the Jazz to the finals averaging 40 points a game then he will have failed to meet the expectations of a lot of people....a lot of very delusional people. It's BYU fans that realize that isn't possible that want to see him head off somewhere else where the expectations aren't there.

On a somewhat related note. I read an article this morning listing the top 10 NBA draft busts of all time...2 of them were players from BYU. Are we about to see #3?
http://hoopism.com/?p=2186

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:39 am

Nice addition. Could never stand ol Jafa

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 21st, 2011, 11:48 am

I think it would be dumb for the Jazz to take him. He's one of the few players in the NBA that the Jazz could probably have through free agency whenever they wanted him. Let him go somewhere else and develop away from the media frenzy and away from the world's most delusional fans and if he ends up being a good player, then offer him a contract in 4 years. Win, win.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » June 22nd, 2011, 8:09 am

If anyone needs someone to teach them how to jimmer I have a link for them.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

SuperiorBlueDiver
Has thanked: 0

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » June 22nd, 2011, 8:25 am

Enes Kanter = Raef LaFrentz (Denver took Raef with the 3 pick in 1998)
Jimmer will have a similar career as Andy Toolson

The Jazz are about to royally screw this draft up.

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 22nd, 2011, 10:53 am

OK SBD who screws it up more the Jazz? or the Timberwolves? because don't forget they are getting their 6 pts and 7 assists per game point guard, in a Spanish league! Rubio is as floppy as his hair, wouldn't be surprised to see them trade out of number 2 and then draft the next Darko, Minnesota has some messed up front office moves

N3lyak
Been thanked: 0

Post by N3lyak » June 22nd, 2011, 11:34 am

My guess is the Jazz go Kanter/Fredette. Kanter is the third best player in this draft, and they could use a center. The Jazz are stacked with power forwards, but they have no real centers. And that would then allow them to move Millsap for a veteran shooting guard.

They also want to take Jimmer, but they obviously don't want to with the third pick. If they could grab a big with that pick and then Jimmer at twelve I think they would be ecstatic. That would give them a good center and also a point guard and face of the franchise that they desperately need. I'm fine with Jimmer at twelve as long as they don't go with Knight at three. We don't need two new point guards.

Probably not the route I would take this draft, but I can't blame them. Its a two player draft and they are drafting third.

cval

Post by cval » June 22nd, 2011, 12:44 pm

Just a point of clarification, despite his size. Kanter and his agent see him as a PF not a C.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 22nd, 2011, 12:54 pm

cval wrote:Just a point of clarification, despite his size. Kanter and his agent see him as a PF not a C.
This is true. And Big Al see's himself as a true Center. So does Jazz management.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 22nd, 2011, 12:57 pm

SuperiorBlueDiver wrote:Jimmer will have a similar career as Andy Toolson
Toolson was horrible. I think Jimmer will fare better than him. The only thing I remember about Andy Toolson was that the Jazz signed him and the first shot he put up went off the SIDE of the backboard. What a joke he was.

I think Jimmer's career will fall somewhere between Adam Morrison (actually a pretty good comparison to Jimmer) and Mark Price (similar size, shooter, not great defense). If he ends up being more similar to Mark Price he would be a good pick at 12. Adam Morrison? Not so much...

SuperiorBlueDiver

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » June 22nd, 2011, 1:19 pm

Jimmer is a media creation. If Jimmer doesn't have the green light to shoot every time he touches the ball at BYU last year he would be a 2nd round draft pick or undrafted. I'm serious. I would like to see Jimmer do good somewhere. Just not for the Jazz. But I really doubt he has NBA game.

If Klay Thompson is available the Jazz have to take him over Jimmer.

Jimmer = Steve Alford
Klay Thompson = Reggie Miller

Indiana drafted Reggie and passed on hometown hero Steve Alford and got booed.
I hope the Jazz get booed tomorrow.

SuperiorBlueDiver

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » June 22nd, 2011, 1:21 pm

btw I used to live in Minnesota during the Garnett years so I've paid attention to the T-Wolves over the years. They will screw up the draft again. No question. They might be dumb enough to draft Kanter. I don't believe any expert that says Kanter is the 3rd best player in the draft.

The guy has Darko or Raef LaFrentz written all over him. And I get a sick feeling thinking about the Jazz drafting him.

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 22nd, 2011, 2:36 pm

On a bright note suicide rates in Happy Valley will go up when Jimmer is not selected by the Jazz :scotsman: :scotsman:

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 22nd, 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm joking or am I?????

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 22nd, 2011, 4:38 pm

I just want Jimmer to go to whatever team keeps him off the local media's 24 hr a day watch list. (I know, not possible) I can't tell you how aggravating it is to hear Tom Kirkland talking about Jimmer's tweets about missing a flight to New York and how Charmin leaves little flecks of paper in his butt crack.

USUinventedswagger

Post by USUinventedswagger » June 23rd, 2011, 10:38 am

Did you quit being a Jazz fan when they picked up lardass for season back in 06?

If you are going to hate the Jazz for having ybu players that would be the one to do it. Jimmer will be a productive NBA player if put in the right system. The Adam Morrison comparisons are idiotic. If you really think Jimmer will be out of the league in 5 years, you aren't an intelligent fan, just a hater. As a Jazz fan I want the best player that can help us get back to the Finals.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » June 23rd, 2011, 10:45 am

One of my friends posted this on Facebook yesterday:
"Jazz pick Jimmer and they have a season ticket holder. They skip jimmer and I will never watch a Jazz game again, unless it is to watch Jimmer school the Jazz."

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » June 23rd, 2011, 10:56 am

My best guess is that "Jimmered" refers to some sort of sexual act, which many would consider deviant, and includes goats, leather/latex, and some form of humiliation.

AbsoluteAggie

Post by AbsoluteAggie » June 23rd, 2011, 11:48 am

Wow Swagg thanks for the in depth look at my fandom. I have no idea who you are referring to as lardass. I have grown up a Nuggets fan but couldn't cheer for them until last year because I hate Melo. As for the Morrison comparisons I don't know how idiotic those really are if you look at prior Naismith award winners that list does tout the likes of Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant, which comparing Jimmer to Griffin or Durant would be idiotic, but then take a closer look at some of those names Tyler Hansbrough, J.J. Redick, Jameer Nelson, and T.J. Ford. To me Jimmer has Tim Tebow effect in this draft, great guy, has talent, but with the right work ethic, which he possess, could be an all star. But I don't think he will ever be a face of a franchise, as for the finals....well he might get you there but how about getting a guy that will help you win the finals. Low blow I know

GUS

Post by GUS » June 23rd, 2011, 1:38 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I just want Jimmer to go to whatever team keeps him off the local media's 24 hr a day watch list. (I know, not possible) I can't tell you how aggravating it is to hear Tom Kirkland talking about Jimmer's tweets about missing a flight to New York and how Charmin leaves little flecks of paper in his butt crack.
I'm with doofus on this. I am so sick and tired of hearing about Jimmer that I am beginning to wish that his NBA chance only lasts a few weeks into the season before he counseled to try his services in europe.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 23rd, 2011, 5:52 pm

If they pick Jimmer, i'll go from a Laker fan who doesn't mind the Jazz, and can root for the Jazz (So long as they aren't playing the Wizards, Lakers or Heat)... to someone who COMPLETELY LOATHS the Jazz... Picking Kanter was a good pick..lots of Wizard fans wanted him.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » June 26th, 2011, 9:57 am

ProvoAggie wrote:One of my friends posted this on Facebook yesterday:
"Jazz pick Jimmer and they have a season ticket holder. They skip jimmer and I will never watch a Jazz game again, unless it is to watch Jimmer school the Jazz."
Has the exodus to Sacramento begun yet?

Twitter: UtahStizzle

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 26th, 2011, 3:01 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:One of my friends posted this on Facebook yesterday:
Facepalm.

Locked Previous topicNext topic