our players safety

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
superaggie
Has thanked: 0

our players safety

Post by superaggie » January 17th, 2011, 1:25 pm

We play NMS this week and I remember last year in the tournament game that their post players were not even going for the ball they were just slamming their fists into Tai Wesley's nose. Gilenwater should have been tossed from the game if the refs were doing their job. One of the reasons that their are refs in the game of basketball is for the safety of the players. Lets hope that the refs protect Tai's face this year. Otherwise I am afraid that there is going to be brawl on the floor.

Aggieboy
Been thanked: 0

Re: our players safety

Post by Aggieboy » January 17th, 2011, 1:45 pm

I totally agree. That was no accident.

Roll Ags!!!

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 17th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Moron thread of the year! Did you see the play? It was totally an accident. I would be more concerned about Tai's flying elbows. I guess the Blue Frank's will be out in force this week.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 17th, 2011, 2:46 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:Moron thread of the year! Did you see the play? It was totally an accident. I would be more concerned about Tai's flying elbows. I guess the Blue Frank's will be out in force this week.
I think you're getting them confused. TopRahman broke his nose first on a rebound...THAT one was an accident. The other time, where it was Lord Gillenwater (I think, it may have been McKines...) Tai had the rebound and Gillenwater was BEHIND him and took a swipe in the general direction of the ball (which was already in Tai's hands, BTW), but came around and forearmed Tai in his already broken nose. THAT was not an accident.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » January 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Anyone have video???

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » January 17th, 2011, 3:21 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:Moron thread of the year! Did you see the play? It was totally an accident. I would be more concerned about Tai's flying elbows. I guess the Blue Frank's will be out in force this week.
3 times in one game is an accident?

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » January 17th, 2011, 3:32 pm

And multiple breaks in the bone?

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 17th, 2011, 3:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that Tai will be more than ready for this game. Once is an accident, three my friend is deliberate.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » January 17th, 2011, 3:59 pm

i know one of the hits was NOT accidental..
play ball
Last edited by sammyhagar on January 18th, 2011, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abqaggie49

Post by abqaggie49 » January 17th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I didn't hear Tai complain...in fact, he played the entire game and manned up. Props to him. I truly hope your team isn't as soft as its fanbase (of whom I admire for the most part....best home atmosphere in the WAC). I'm hoping those that have posted above are the minority.

It was a game for all the marbles and physical play should've been expected. Don't confuse deliberately being physical with deliberately trying to hurt a player or players. I was ten feet from the Gillenwater play when it happened under the basket, and yeah, it was a hard foul on a layup attempt (missed call, BTW), but he was definitely going for the ball after being beat. Like already stated, Tai throws his own share of elbows and physical (moving) screens...but it's accepted as part of the game. So be it.

I shudder to think what USU fans would be saying if they played in the Big East. Should NMSU fans be afraid that Stew is not going to control himself and take down one of our "thuggish" players when he deems there's been some kind of disrespect displayed? Should we fear for their safety, too?

Silly thread. NMSU/USU is the best rivalry this conference has to offer in hoops. Why taint it with silly accusations...or maybe that's what makes these games so much fun...."thugs" vs. "the system."

Anyway...looking forward to March.

abqaggie49

Post by abqaggie49 » January 17th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Excellent forum structure, btw. Very functional and clean. Nice work. But I still hate you guys this week... ;)

coachallison

Post by coachallison » January 17th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Utah State fans can't really call NMSU a bunch of thugs anymore. You can't call kids from Canada, France, and Africa a bunch of thugs. Most of our roster isn't from the United States. The only players on the team from the U.S are Gordo Castillo, Troy Gillenwater, Hamidu Rahman, and B.J West any none of these kids have ever been arrested.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » January 17th, 2011, 4:42 pm

coachallison wrote:Utah State fans can't really call NMSU a bunch of thugs anymore. You can't call kids from Canada, France, and Africa a bunch of thugs. Most of our roster isn't from the United States. The only players on the team from the U.S are Gordo Castillo, Troy Gillenwater, Hamidu Rahman, and B.J West any none of these kids have ever been arrested.
You are right, they are international thugs. :thumbsup:

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 17th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Please don't start with the self righteous bull$hit that is really old news. This is turning into a great rivalry without the mindless unfounded accusations. How many times has Tai thrown elbows or been accused of dirty play? Big man go at it underneath. I have watched enough Utah State games to know big men go at it underneath. It's a man's game. So grow a pair, quick (I can't express myself without swearing) about dirty play and all the other crap that has no basis. If your worried about safety I would be more worried about Stew having a heart attack or Wild Bill slipping and falling on his fat a$$ rather than Tai Wesley getting hurt during a basketball game.

By the way...Congrats on a great year so far. I think you will beat us in Logan but I'm looking forward to our big men jumping Tai when he goes through the tunnel in the Pan Am and stabbing him before the game. :crazy:
Last edited by dancingNMSUaggie on January 17th, 2011, 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » January 17th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Hey, Dancin' aggie, great post, love the sarcasm! I've been saying for some time now that I think NMSU is the
biggest threat to USU this year. Hope you are right that we beat you this week, but I'm not looking forward to the
return match in LC. The Raggies seem to be coming together and are going to be a dangerous team the rest of the
year. I've also been saying ad nauseum that I really like the rivalry between USU and NMSU and although some
of the posts on this forum are, even to me, offensive and childish, the banter is all part of the growing rivalry.
Hope it continues.

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » January 17th, 2011, 8:26 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote: By the way...Congrats on a great year so far. I think you will beat us in Logan but I'm looking forward to our big men jumping Tai when he goes through the tunnel in the Pan Am and stabbing him before the game. :crazy:

Post of the day! :golfclap:

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

Aggieboy

Post by Aggieboy » January 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Yeh I'm really off base. :headscratch:

Roll Ags!!!

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » January 18th, 2011, 1:36 am

I'm looking forward to our big men jumping Tai when he goes through the tunnel in the Pan Am and stabbing him before the game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » January 18th, 2011, 8:57 am

I have to say that I think some of us are being a bit dramatic about Tai's broken nose. And as was pointed out it doesn't even really matter whether it was deliberate or not. The ref missed it, it wasn't called, and Tai manned up and played. Let's not blow things too much out of proportion. I mean, a little out of proportion, but not too much. After all, this is turning into quite the rivalry. ;)

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 18th, 2011, 11:25 am

BigBlueDart wrote:I have to say that I think some of us are being a bit dramatic about Tai's broken nose. And as was pointed out it doesn't even really matter whether it was deliberate or not. The ref missed it, it wasn't called, and Tai manned up and played. Let's not blow things too much out of proportion. I mean, a little out of proportion, but not too much. After all, this is turning into quite the rivalry. ;)
Hey Blue Franks. Take a lesson from your fellow fans BigBlueDart and 72AgGrad. I saw the game and video. Gillenwater and Rahman's hit was not even no where near intentional. Your grasping at straws still trying to demonize NMSU's Aggies. Here is to a great game. You'll win at home but we will win and win BIG at the Pan Am.

Hey superidiot, I mean superaggie. Here is one instance of an NMSU Aggie "smashing his fist" into Tai's nose. :roll: Whatever dude. The "smashing" happens 57 seconds into video in case you can't take all the other info. It would be hard for you all to watch. :lol:

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » January 18th, 2011, 11:30 am

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:I have to say that I think some of us are being a bit dramatic about Tai's broken nose. And as was pointed out it doesn't even really matter whether it was deliberate or not. The ref missed it, it wasn't called, and Tai manned up and played. Let's not blow things too much out of proportion. I mean, a little out of proportion, but not too much. After all, this is turning into quite the rivalry. ;)
Hey Blue Franks. Take a lesson from your fellow fans BigBlueDart and 72AgGrad. I saw the game and video. Gillenwater and Rahman's hit was not even no where near intentional. Your grasping at straws still trying to demonize NMSU's Aggies. Here is to a great game. You'll win at home but we will win and win BIG at the Pan Am.
Well, at least you don't sound like Frank. :roll:

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » January 18th, 2011, 11:33 am

He didn't list point averages as well as their heights from the last 8 seasons...

DancingRaggie is just giving some love for his team - I think he is correct in that we split the series. not sure about either being "big" - but hell - that's what being a fan is about.

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 18th, 2011, 12:15 pm

BiocatAg wrote:
dancingNMSUaggie wrote:
Well, at least you don't sound like Frank. :roll:
HAAA!!! You got me there! Good one.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 18th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Here's the video.

[youtube][/youtube]

Was there a third incident later on in the game or did these two cover it? I have it on my DVR still if anyone knows....

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 18th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Clearly all ball by Gillenwater. Helluva play son, helluva play :crazy:

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » January 18th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Don't worry, dancing, it's just some healthy game-week smack talk.

morrow8615

Post by morrow8615 » January 18th, 2011, 4:33 pm

dyedblue wrote:Clearly all ball by Gillenwater. Helluva play son, helluva play :crazy:
Yeah, he got part of the ball and his momentum carried is arm into Tai's face. Clearly it wasn't intentional. We're not saying Tai didn't get hit in the nose. :bangwall: I feel like I'm explaining the situation to a class of Kindergarteners!

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 18th, 2011, 4:50 pm

morrow8615 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:Clearly all ball by Gillenwater. Helluva play son, helluva play :crazy:
Yeah, he got part of the ball and his momentum carried is arm into Tai's face. Clearly it wasn't intentional. We're not saying Tai didn't get hit in the nose. :bangwall: I feel like I'm explaining the situation to a class of Kindergarteners!
If youve ever played basketball before, you know that the follow through by Gillenwater was NOT natural, and looked vicious as hell. Who follows through on a block attempt like that?
:headscratch:

morrow8615

Post by morrow8615 » January 18th, 2011, 5:00 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
morrow8615 wrote:
If youve ever played basketball before, you know that the follow through by Gillenwater was NOT natural, and looked vicious as hell. Who follows through on a block attempt like that?
:headscratch:
Yeah, I've played basketball before. Ever had one force going one way (tai and the ball) another force going another way (Gillenwaters hand on the ball) When once force is lessened the other force goes a little stronger. (when Tai releases the ball, there is less force against Gillenwaters hand, which makes it come down harder and is not as easy to pull away quickly).

A. It wasn't intentional
B. It was a year ago
C. Get over it

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 18th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Morrow. Forget reasoning with dyedscrewed or MetsJets. They are the President & Vice President of the Blue Franks fan club.

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 18th, 2011, 6:26 pm

El Matatan wrote:
I think you're getting them confused. TopRahman broke his nose first on a rebound...THAT one was an accident. The other time, where it was Lord Gillenwater (I think, it may have been McKines...) Tai had the rebound and Gillenwater was BEHIND him and took a swipe in the general direction of the ball (which was already in Tai's hands, BTW), but came around and forearmed Tai in his already broken nose. THAT was not an accident.
What was Gillenwater thinking. Your not supposed to swipe at the ball when it's in the opposing players hand! :headscratch:

Aggieboy

Post by Aggieboy » January 18th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Gillenwater, ok, peace, love, just don't spastic out agan. The Utag anger is fading fast, just don't get stoned and loose your depth perseption. Be cool, God is love, just don't think Tai's noise is the ball.

Really I'm out. :lol:

Roll Ags!!!

AggieGuy03

Post by AggieGuy03 » January 19th, 2011, 10:36 am

WAAA! WAAA! WAAA!

...The Hills Send Back Our Cry, We're Here To Do Or Die...

Aggieboy

Post by Aggieboy » January 19th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Hey where is this saying from?

The Hills Send Back Our Cry, We're Here To Do Or Die...

Is it part of your fight song?

Roll Ags!!!

justintime

Post by justintime » January 19th, 2011, 6:38 pm

^^ yes.

Locked Previous topicNext topic