Isaac Davis to USU?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
flying_scotsman2.0

Re: Isaac Davis to USU?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 3rd, 2024, 1:19 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 11:28 pm
jazzdog56466 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 8:34 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 2:47 pm
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 2:41 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 2:40 pm
Either it wasn't true, or it's something that should have only been shared with paying subscribers on Cougarboard Premium.
...or they found some more NIL money. :noidea:
Is "NIL money" at BYU code word for "tithing money"?

No, it’s not.
Weird, you would know?

But I suppose if they were going to dip into the church/tithing coffers they would be loading up on guys right now using it, so maybe not
I’m sure they’re not. In fact, I think if their coaches are getting a fat salary as has been suggested, it’s likely from donors as opposed to church money. Most the church leaders who matter probably do not place BYU athletics high on their list of “things to spend money on”.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
cvalSection_L_Aggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 1:21 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
jazzdog56466 wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Either it wasn't true, or it's something that should have only been shared with paying subscribers on Cougarboard Premium.

No, it’s not.
Weird, you would know?

But I suppose if they were going to dip into the church/tithing coffers they would be loading up on guys right now using it, so maybe not
I'm constantly reminded that money is "fungible"
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 3):
bigblue32utaggiesGreenAg

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 3rd, 2024, 1:55 pm

I don't think there are legs to this thing.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
bigblue32flying_scotsman2.0SLBcvalKrakenViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 3:31 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:55 pm
Well that's a bummer. Seems like an odd rumor to start. Reminds me of the time I got a kid who was on a mission in trouble over at ybu, that's what his mom got for chatting me up in my driveway while she was on a walk. She shouldn't have told me that her son wasn't particularly happy at the y and that he wanted to play for Stew :lol:
Last edited by ViAggie on May 3rd, 2024, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22FloridaAggie13

josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » May 3rd, 2024, 3:32 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:19 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
jazzdog56466 wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

No, it’s not.
Weird, you would know?

I’m sure they’re not. In fact, I think if their coaches are getting a fat salary as has been suggested, it’s likely from donors as opposed to church money. Most the church leaders who matter probably do not place BYU athletics high on their list of “things to spend money on”.
My understanding is that BYU gets allocated a budget from the church each year. That money is definitely tithing money, and it pays for a large portion of the expenses at BYU, with the rest coming from tuition, fees, ticket revenues, donations, creamery revenue, media rights, etc. I tend to think that a certain amount of that is to pay coach salaries, similar to professor / staff salaries, but where the coach salaries (likely significantly) exceed the budgeted amount, that difference is made up from athletic revenues and donations. I similarly think that a (potentially significant) part of professor / staff salaries is paid from tuition money instead of just tithing budget money.
ViAggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:21 pm

I'm constantly reminded that money is "fungible"
At least as of now, the NCAA does not permit institutional funds to be used for NIL, and collectives don't want to use institutional money so they can avoid dealing with Title 9 requirements on institutional money. In this case, that means BYU funds (that come from the church as well as other revenues / donations) cannot be used for NIL, so the fungible nature of funds directly associated with BYU does not apply.

However, in theory, the church could contribute directly to a BYU NIL collective if they chose to. The question then becomes, do those who control the purse strings of the church have an incentive to use tithing funds directly from the church for the BYU NIL collective? I agree with flying_scotsman2.0 that those purse holders likely don't see that as important to the church. I also think that they wouldn't want to risk the bad PR of potentially having word leak that they are using tithing funds to pay BYU players when they are already dealing with concerns and reports about amounts they are / are not spending on charitable actions, lawsuit settlements, and SEC fines.

The only other way I could see a fungible money issue arise is if the church said that BYU donors could contribute less in tithing than currently requested / required and instead send the money to the BYU NIL collective. This has never been the case in the past. If it were to become something the church allowed, I am certain that a large number of USU supporters would similarly rebalance the amount of money they send to tithing versus the amount they donate to the Blue A collective, and that would be a net positive for USU. The likelihood of that, to me, seems to be so close to zero as to be indistinguishable from zero.
These users thanked the author josephconlin for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0aggies22

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » May 3rd, 2024, 4:18 pm

The church does not use tithing money for NIL purposes. It doesn't serve the purpose of the church particularly. I know some claim that BYU athletics is a missionary tool but I think a lot people would stop paying tithing if it is was used for outrageous NIL funds rather than on buildings, temples, etc... How would you feel to be a small congregation in the church somewhere that has been trying to get a building but have been told no but you see some kid at school getting paid $100Ks to play basketball? That would not go over well, some members would leave, many more would stop paying tithing. I honestly think if NIL goes to the school to pay the players that the church would stop sports at BYU before paying the going NIL rates out of tithing. Ask Elder Bednar, who stopped sports at Ricks College, what he would think about paying players. With more international authorities the desire to fund BYU sports will only diminish over time.

Now lets pretend for a minute that basketball was a good missionary tool, would not the church then have to give some NIL money to every LDS player on any team in college basketball? Where do you do the most missionary work, in a room full of people that belong to your church playing in front of people that belong to your church? OR a guy sitting in a room with others who aren't members of the church playing in front of people who aren't members of church. But it is a non-factor, tithing money isn't used for NIL at BYU or anywhere else and it won't be.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » May 3rd, 2024, 5:11 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 4:18 pm
The church does not use tithing money for NIL purposes. It doesn't serve the purpose of the church particularly. I know some claim that BYU athletics is a missionary tool but I think a lot people would stop paying tithing if it is was used for outrageous NIL funds rather than on buildings, temples, etc... How would you feel to be a small congregation in the church somewhere that has been trying to get a building but have been told no but you see some kid at school getting paid $100Ks to play basketball? That would not go over well, some members would leave, many more would stop paying tithing. I honestly think if NIL goes to the school to pay the players that the church would stop sports at BYU before paying the going NIL rates out of tithing. Ask Elder Bednar, who stopped sports at Ricks College, what he would think about paying players. With more international authorities the desire to fund BYU sports will only diminish over time.

Now lets pretend for a minute that basketball was a good missionary tool, would not the church then have to give some NIL money to every LDS player on any team in college basketball? Where do you do the most missionary work, in a room full of people that belong to your church playing in front of people that belong to your church? OR a guy sitting in a room with others who aren't members of the church playing in front of people who aren't members of church. But it is a non-factor, tithing money isn't used for NIL at BYU or anywhere else and it won't be.
This may be Sandbox material. Do you remember not too long ago when the lid got blown off the Church’s finances? Then Huntsman sued to get his tithing money back when it was discovered that earnings from invested tithing funds were used to fund the City Creek development when previously it was stated that no tithing $ went towards the endevor? The same is true of BYU. The university is funded by tithing $. I’ve frequently heard that the athletic department somehow stands alone and is self-supported through ticket sales and donations to the department. I don’t believe that the costs to support a huge administrative staff (including what is undoubtedly multi-million dollar salaries for their football and basketball headcoaches), light bills, construction and maintenance of athletic facilities including training facilities, scholarships, travel, etc., are strictly coming from donations to the athletic department together with ticket sales and media rights. The Church’s dollars are fungible and are used for its mission which includes supporting BYU as an educational institution including its athletic program.

I doubt that tithing funds are directly supporting BYU’s NIL program. But I do believe that quite possibly contributions from donors that otherwise would go to the “stand-alone athletic program” could be diverted from that purpose to an NIL collective and that the church’s $ could then be used to replace the original donation.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 3rd, 2024, 5:59 pm

ViAggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Well that's a bummer. Seems like an odd rumor to start. Reminds me of the time I got a kid who was on a mission in trouble over at ybu, that's what his mom got for chatting me up in my driveway while she was on a walk. She shouldn't have told me that her son wasn't particularly happy at the y and that he wanted to play for Stew :lol:
But doesn't it sound like a very byu thing to do?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
ViAggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 4th, 2024, 12:03 am

ViAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I thought this was going to be a Zach Wilson-esque story for a second there.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
ViAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » May 4th, 2024, 3:54 am

utaggies wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 5:11 pm
Coloraggie wrote:

This may be Sandbox material. Do you remember not too long ago when the lid got blown off the Church’s finances? Then Huntsman sued to get his tithing money back when it was discovered that earnings from invested tithing funds were used to fund the City Creek development when previously it was stated that no tithing $ went towards the endevor? The same is true of BYU. The university is funded by tithing $. I’ve frequently heard that the athletic department somehow stands alone and is self-supported through ticket sales and donations to the department. I don’t believe that the costs to support a huge administrative staff (including what is undoubtedly multi-million dollar salaries for their football and basketball headcoaches), light bills, construction and maintenance of athletic facilities including training facilities, scholarships, travel, etc., are strictly coming from donations to the athletic department together with ticket sales and media rights. The Church’s dollars are fungible and are used for its mission which includes supporting BYU as an educational institution including its athletic program.

I doubt that tithing funds are directly supporting BYU’s NIL program. But I do believe that quite possibly contributions from donors that otherwise would go to the “stand-alone athletic program” could be diverted from that purpose to an NIL collective and that the church’s $ could then be used to replace the original donation.
This is partially true. One of the huntsman brothers did try to get his tithing back but it had more to do with his leaving the church then anything that happened at city creek. Any money the church has at one point originated from donations. The for profit arm is run off profit off investments that was seeded from donations. Obviously BYU is partially funded and subsidized by donations. Hence the low cost of attendance. Athletics certainly benefits from seed money in some form or fashion. Who cares. We are subsidized by the state… they are subsidized by their owner.

If the church decides it wants to “play ball” obviously we/the state won’t be able to compete. I don’t think they will. I doubt there are any members of the BOT that want to get into professional athletics… but I don’t see them ever dropping sports entirely either.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » May 4th, 2024, 10:25 am

The Old Bull wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 3:54 am
utaggies wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

This is partially true. One of the huntsman brothers did try to get his tithing back but it had more to do with his leaving the church then anything that happened at city creek. Any money the church has at one point originated from donations. The for profit arm is run off profit off investments that was seeded from donations. Obviously BYU is partially funded and subsidized by donations. Hence the low cost of attendance. Athletics certainly benefits from seed money in some form or fashion. Who cares. We are subsidized by the state… they are subsidized by their owner.

If the church decides it wants to “play ball” obviously we/the state won’t be able to compete. I don’t think they will. I doubt there are any members of the BOT that want to get into professional athletics… but I don’t see them ever dropping sports entirely either.
Huntsman’s lawsuit was generally about the use of tithing $ for non-religious endeavors but specifically it was about the church’s investment in the City Creek project.

https://bitterwinter.org/james-huntsman ... LOEALw_wcB

I agree with you that the church is highly unlikely to get directly involved with NIL activities. But that position doesn’t obviate the possibility that donors could be encouraged to redirect their donations to a collective with the church stepping in to make up the difference in the areas the redirected donations had been going.

fin.gi.ble - “replaceable by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.”

josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » May 4th, 2024, 1:43 pm

utaggies wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 10:25 am
The Old Bull wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 3:54 am
utaggies wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

Huntsman’s lawsuit was generally about the use of tithing $ for non-religious endeavors but specifically it was about the church’s investment in the City Creek project.

https://bitterwinter.org/james-huntsman ... LOEALw_wcB

I agree with you that the church is highly unlikely to get directly involved with NIL activities. But that position doesn’t obviate the possibility that donors could be encouraged to redirect their donations to a collective with the church stepping in to make up the difference in the areas the redirected donations had been going.

fin.gi.ble - “replaceable by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.”
I could see the BYU athletic department *maybe* encourage donors to reallocate between AD donations and NIL collective donations. Based on my experiences as a contractor on the business side of the church, I would be very surprised if the church did anything other than consider an annual budget request from BYU as a whole entity, make decisions based on line items, and then proceed as budgeted for the year. I doubt the church side would approve more budget for athletics so donors could give elsewhere. I suppose some BYU staffer could try to get it past any line item reviews, but it seems like a good way to lose their job to me.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 4th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Hoot wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 12:03 am
ViAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I thought this was going to be a Zach Wilson-esque story for a second there.
:shock: :roll: :joking:

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » May 4th, 2024, 6:10 pm

I think the above conversation is one more example of the ongoing confusion of who pays what in athletics and NIL. The only way your tithing money is going to NIL is if The Church itself is funding the collective. (It might be, I suppose, but seems far fetched to me.) There are going to be gray areas of how tithing is used at BYU in and around the AD, but that's nothing new. And if some donor gives to the collective and subtracts it from his tithing, that's the church's net loss rather than some kind of unfair advantage over other schools.
Are there shenanigans? Probably. Are they significant? I would think not.

Fun counterfactual: if NIL existed in the 80s and The Brethren directed church money to Jim McMahon..... That would be entertaining. (He remains my favorite BYU player, for, I think, obvious reasons.)
These users thanked the author SeattleAg for the post:
ViAggie

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » May 4th, 2024, 6:15 pm

SeattleAg wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 6:10 pm
I think the above conversation is one more example of the ongoing confusion of who pays what in athletics and NIL. The only way your tithing money is going to NIL is if The Church itself is funding the collective. (It might be, I suppose, but seems far fetched to me.) There are going to be gray areas of how tithing is used at BYU in and around the AD, but that's nothing new. And if some donor gives to the collective and subtracts it from his tithing, that's the church's net loss rather than some kind of unfair advantage over other schools.

Fun counterfactual: if NIL existed in the 80s and The Brethren directed church money to Jim McMahon..... That would be entertaining. (He remains my favorite BYU player, for, I think, obvious reasons.)
Because we dominated BYU in Provo the day that they retired his number?

Yeah, me too!

:)
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
ViAggie

tovli

Post by tovli » May 4th, 2024, 7:05 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 6:15 pm
SeattleAg wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 6:10 pm

Because we dominated BYU in Provo the day that they retired his number?

Yeah, me too!

:)
One of my favorite games I’ve been to in person! They were ranked and the fans around us were convinced they were going to win the natty and then all left before the 4th quarter
These users thanked the author tovli for the post (total 2):
Section_L_AggieViAggie

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » May 5th, 2024, 10:17 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Ahhh, tithing. The biggest scam in human history. Glad none of my money supports BYU anymore. Best decision I ever made (sorry LDS faithful).
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 3):
BasketballAggGordoAggieCacheCow

Formerly TulsAGGIE

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » May 5th, 2024, 10:38 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 10:17 am
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Ahhh, tithing. The biggest scam in human history. Glad none of my money supports BYU anymore. Best decision I ever made (sorry LDS faithful).
You and me both my Aggie brother!!
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post:
Mr. Sneelock

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » May 5th, 2024, 11:38 am

I love George Carlin's bit on religion (language warning for the sensitive ears among us):

God Loves You (and he needs money!)

Formerly TulsAGGIE

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 5th, 2024, 4:19 pm

Time to flush.

Please.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 9):
Aggie84025MrBiggleSection_L_AggiecvalDkdavisEngineeringAggiestwinwardAggie in BoiseReal Life Aggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 5th, 2024, 6:43 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 10:38 am
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Get this stuff out of here. Not only is this not the place for that (the sandbox) but Isaac Davis’s family is highly LDS and his dad reads this board and has posted in the past.

It’s idiotic to post this in a thread about Isaac Davis and usu when there’s a chance he comes here.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 14):
hipsterdoofus21cvalDkdavisSection_L_Aggieereksonaggietovliflying_scotsman2.0YouEssYouUSU78Hoot and 4 more users

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » May 5th, 2024, 7:00 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 6:43 pm
GordoAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Get this stuff out of here. Not only is this not the place for that (the sandbox) but Isaac Davis’s family is highly LDS and his dad reads this board and has posted in the past.

It’s idiotic to post this in a thread about Isaac Davis and usu when there’s a chance he comes here.
If differing opinions is bothersome for them, than BYU is definitely the best choice.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
AggieBlues

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 5th, 2024, 7:04 pm

TrueAG wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 7:00 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

If differing opinions is bothersome for them, than BYU is definitely the best choice.
Do you want people making posts about religious teachings and preaching it in the Aggie basketball forum? Of course not. It’s the same thing. Get it out of here.

Follow message board etiquette. Go make a post on the very topic and post about it in the correct forum.

It could also negatively detour a recruit’s family that would be huge to come to usu.

I can promise his dad reads this board and usu is in play right now.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 10):
Section_L_Aggieereksonaggieflying_scotsman2.0LarryTheAggieYouEssYouImportAggieHootAggie in BoiseTetonkatestcdaAg

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » May 5th, 2024, 7:08 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 7:04 pm
TrueAG wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 7:00 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Do you want people making posts about religious teachings and preaching it in the Aggie basketball forum? Of course not. It’s the same thing. Get it out of here.

Follow message board etiquette. Go make a post on the very topic and post about it in the correct forum.

It could also negatively detour a recruit’s family that would be huge to come to usu.

I can promise his dad reads this board and usu is in play right now.
As long as BYU is in the mix, religion and money is involved in the discussion of athletics. Just the way it is.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » May 5th, 2024, 7:13 pm

I fully agree this is not the forum for this. What does surprise me is how often I hear that comments on this board are impacting whether or not a potential recruit signs here or not based on comments made by a bunch of anonymous Aggie fans. Do people really believe this? Kids making decisions about where to play based on comments from a message board? I just don’t believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » May 5th, 2024, 7:39 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

In a perfect world, I agree.

In real world - 22 has said there is no legs to this. In the now deleted post on cougarboard a couple commenters said Davis' Dad had been on cougarboard reaffirming his commitment to BYU post coaching change. While things are always fluid this seems much ado about nothing.

FTR, I'd love to have Isaac in Aggie blue.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 5th, 2024, 7:41 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 7:39 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

In a perfect world, I agree.

In real world - 22 has said there is no legs to this. In the now deleted post on cougarboard a couple commenters said Davis' Dad had been on cougarboard reaffirming his commitment to BYU post coaching change. While things are always fluid this seems much ado about nothing.

FTR, I'd love to have Isaac in Aggie blue.
I have heard there’s legs to it on their end. Maybe Calhoun isn’t interested, I don’t know. I don’t know why he wouldn’t be though.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
ereksonaggieAggie in Boise

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » May 5th, 2024, 9:01 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Well at least you’re not a vegan, I guess….

Nobody here knows anything.

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » May 5th, 2024, 10:08 pm

OKAggie wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 9:01 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
It's fascinating to see the diversity among us Aggie fans. We have active tithing-paying LDS fans here, Catholics, Muslims, et al. Our community truly encompasses all shapes and sizes. Source: I'm a donor, alumnus, Aggie fan, vegan, and atheist. My neighbor down the street is a tithing-paying member of the LDS church, and we love to talk about Aggie sports. It's something that brings us together despite our many differences. Let's go!
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post (total 14):
slcaggAgTimeflying_scotsman2.0aggies22Aggie702stwinwardjackattackNVAggietrevordudeSection_L_Aggie and 4 more users

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 5th, 2024, 10:10 pm

travelingagg wrote:
May 5th, 2024, 10:08 pm
OKAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
It's fascinating to see the diversity among us Aggie fans. We have active tithing-paying LDS fans here, Catholics, Muslims, et al. Our community truly encompasses all shapes and sizes. Source: I'm a donor, alumnus, Aggie fan, vegan, and atheist. My neighbor down the street is a tithing-paying member of the LDS church, and we love to talk about Aggie sports. It's something that brings us together despite our many differences. Let's go!
Well said!
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 3):
travelingaggbigblue32AngusAg

ragnarh77

Post by ragnarh77 » May 6th, 2024, 7:47 am

travelingagg wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
In real life (not twitter/X or other form of social media) there are far more things that connect us and that we have in common than those that divide us. Get to know people and you'll be surprised how well we can all get along. It all depends on what we focus on!
Thanks for sharing!
These users thanked the author ragnarh77 for the post (total 4):
ereksonaggiestwinwardaggies22AngusAg

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 6th, 2024, 8:46 am

ragnarh77 wrote:
May 6th, 2024, 7:47 am
travelingagg wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
In real life (not twitter/X or other form of social media) there are far more things that connect us and that we have in common than those that divide us. Get to know people and you'll be surprised how well we can all get along. It all depends on what we focus on!
Thanks for sharing!
I'm not sure if I've shared this here before or not but I enjoy talking about the Utah State Aggies.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 9):
bigblue32LarryTheAggieratofallaggiesAngusAgragnarh77Real Life AggiecdaAgPIGSKINAGGIEslcagg

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » May 6th, 2024, 9:02 am

ragnarh77 wrote:
May 6th, 2024, 7:47 am
travelingagg wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Thanks for sharing!
All true! Which is why I bothered to comment above where a poster (one of the few whom I've met personally and have always appreciated) felt the need to congratulate himself on no longer being a tithe-payer, followed by what seems to me a classic sorry-not-sorry postscript. I don't care if you're a tithe-payer (or vegan), or not; I just object to using this forum to go on about it. Just as I'm sure the non-tithe-paying vegan message board (assuming) really doesn't want to hear about NIL and Isaac Davis, who was once the topic of this thread.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 14):
LarryTheAggieereksonaggieAggie84025HootAggie in BoiseAngusAgflying_scotsman2.0Roy McAvoyragnarh77WAAggie and 4 more users

Nobody here knows anything.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 6th, 2024, 10:04 am

These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 4):
Section_L_AggieHootereksonaggieReal Life Aggie

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » May 6th, 2024, 12:13 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 6th, 2024, 10:04 am
Can someone qualify for being banned from this board ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic