Jordy Barnes

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Jordy Barnes

Post by NVAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 10:48 am

I wasn't thinking Sam's game, more just a kid that really loves USU and wants to be an Aggie.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 3):
bluegrouseflying_scotsman2.0AngusAg

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 10:58 am

Maybe it's the Olympus thing or the fact that he broke Rylans high school assist record. But I am thinking maybe is best comparison is Rylan Jones. High IQ, great passer, not really a volume scorer but can score when he needs too. If he ends up being Rylan Jones without the concussions that would be great, too.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 5):
bluegrouseSection_L_AggieFloridaAggie13aggies22AngusAg

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » May 3rd, 2024, 11:00 am

LarryTheAggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 10:58 am
Maybe it's the Olympus thing or the fact that he broke Rylans high school assist record. But I am thinking maybe is best comparison is Rylan Jones. High IQ, great passer, not really a volume scorer but can score when he needs too. If he ends up being Rylan Jones without the concussions that would be great, too.
Actually that’s a pretty good comp.
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

ususports

Post by ususports » May 3rd, 2024, 11:11 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 9:15 am
Aggie702 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am
Is Jordy a mission kid?
100% no.
I don't know that we want someone so indecisive. Do we know when he will make a decision on that?
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 3):
aggies22AggiePTbigblue32

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » May 3rd, 2024, 12:13 pm

Stop this ridiculousness right now. He could be the next Sam Merrill. He could be an improved Jared Quayle. Sam Merrill is one of the best basketball players in USU, he has played more minutes and scored more points in the NBA by any USU graduate in the last 50 years. Quayle was an excellent point guard who was on the brink of leading us to an NCAAT win until he mysteriously fouled out. Barnes is a PREFERRED WALK-ON who hasn't played a college game. You can't compare a walk-on with some of the greats in USU history. You may point to Justin Bean and say he was great, but he still isn't Sam freaking Merrill AND there are reasons why Bean wasn't a scholarship because of injury history. So lets let the hyperbole about Barnes die down a little. I hope he's great but this is just too much.

Rylan Jones comparison seems much better.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post:
bigblue32

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 12:25 pm

Again, I made the statement hoping he would be our next Sam Merrill. I was more referring to Sam's love of USU. I make no comment about his ability to play like Sam. My bad.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Section_L_Aggieaggies22

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » May 3rd, 2024, 12:31 pm

NVAggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 12:25 pm
Again, I made the statement hoping he would be our next Sam Merrill. I was more referring to Sam's love of USU. I make no comment about his ability to play like Sam. My bad.
I wasn't making a direct Merrill comparison either other than he has a high basketball IQ, a refined game, and the same height. Merrill is arguable top 3-4 all time as an Aggie and Jared Quayle is extremely underrated IMO. The comp was about style. If he can walk on and could be a Rylan Jones type contributor at some point in time it would be huge get.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » May 3rd, 2024, 12:38 pm

Coloraggie wrote:Stop this ridiculousness right now. He could be the next Sam Merrill. He could be an improved Jared Quayle. Sam Merrill is one of the best basketball players in USU, he has played more minutes and scored more points in the NBA by any USU graduate in the last 50 years. Quayle was an excellent point guard who was on the brink of leading us to an NCAAT win until he mysteriously fouled out. Barnes is a PREFERRED WALK-ON who hasn't played a college game. You can't compare a walk-on with some of the greats in USU history. You may point to Justin Bean and say he was great, but he still isn't Sam freaking Merrill AND there are reasons why Bean wasn't a scholarship because of injury history. So lets let the hyperbole about Barnes die down a little. I hope he's great but this is just too much.

Rylan Jones comparison seems much better.
No thanks. I’ll compare who I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 5):
treesap32Real Life Aggieflying_scotsman2.0Section_L_AggieLarryTheAggie

cval

Post by cval » May 3rd, 2024, 1:13 pm

The day will come when there will be another player as prolific and successful as Sam Merrill.

Will it be Jordy? Who knows? Probably not.

But when it does happen, I hope it will be a guy who has always wanted to be an Aggie.

Him being a walk-on has nothing to do with it.

He seems to have some of the qualities that we look for, and he will be part of the program. Never dismiss those guys.

Don’t criticize those who look at his skills and dream a bit.
These users thanked the author cval for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm

Honestly, Jordy could become an improved Luka Doncic in time. That’s what he reminds me of. Maybe a Steph Curry with a little more range. I don’t know. He’s a walk-on for now, but no reason he shouldn’t be in the all-star game in 2 years.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
hickaggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 3rd, 2024, 1:55 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm
Honestly, Jordy could become an improved Luka Doncic in time. That’s what he reminds me of. Maybe a Steph Curry with a little more range. I don’t know. He’s a walk-on for now, but no reason he shouldn’t be in the all-star game in 2 years.
SLB has abducted @flying_scotsman2.0
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 5):
aggies22hickaggieSLBflying_scotsman2.0Real Life Aggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

SLB

Post by SLB » May 3rd, 2024, 2:09 pm

Hoot wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:55 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 1:29 pm
SLB has abducted @flying_scotsman2.0
Shoot, the cover has been blown.
The Aggie history with walk-ons has been impressive.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
Hoot

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » May 3rd, 2024, 10:36 pm

JB will be a great Aggie. All you have to do is take a look at his senior season highlights and see that he is a great addition to this team.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/15445265/Jordan-Barnes
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post:
aggies22

aggieaz

Post by aggieaz » May 3rd, 2024, 11:47 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 10:36 pm
JB will be a great Aggie. All you have to do is take a look at his senior season highlights and see that he is a great addition to this team.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/15445265/Jordan-Barnes
Agreed. The way he reads the defense and throws his team mates open is impressive. If he can bulk up a bit to handle the physicality of the MWC, I can see it happening.
These users thanked the author aggieaz for the post (total 3):
jackattackSection_L_AggieSLB

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 4th, 2024, 4:34 am

Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 11:29 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 7:48 pm
@Hoot
Theoretically the body is charred nearly beyond recognition. The only identifier is that they included the ring he always wore in the packaging. His grandfather’s I believe.

Also, again theoretically, what if you accidentally peed on the body? Again theoretically.
Ooh, the old "ring on the finger of a fully charcoaled corpse" play. A very flirtatious movement if I say so myself. Think to yourself: What is the significance of the ring, its nature, and the burnt corpse? Is the ring incidental or is it primary?

You'd be amazed at what criminal forensics can trace. From everything I've read on the subject, again, just two guys talking here; I would guess they would burn the body at that point and just make it disappear, skipping the pleasurable psychological foreplay of sending body parts piece by piece over several weeks, due to their own hiccup. Surely to their own disappointment. Floridians like to joke about the convenience of Alligator Alley running through the Everglades, similar to New Yorkers fondness for the East River. Plus, we have both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. You know, for those of us that like the water.

So I need something that likes barbecue. Theoretically of course. It’s written in the ancient texts that the prophet SLB sustains himself by consuming the souls of those he has proven wrong but I don’t think he’d touch this.

I need something with a sharp bite. I need a maneater.

What’s your mom doing this weekend?
Scholars maintain ancient manuscripts refer to early drawings, inspired by divine visions, of a man running with his pants on fire and that man would come to be known as "SLB". These visions correlate to bearing false witness and a forked tongue. I can't verify cloven hooves, but it would certainly make sense.

As for dear mom. Last I heard she typically works the opposite side of the street as your mom so you should start there. Sort of like Burger King vs McDonalds.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 4th, 2024, 7:30 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 4:34 am
Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 11:29 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 7:48 pm
@Hoot
Theoretically the body is charred nearly beyond recognition. The only identifier is that they included the ring he always wore in the packaging. His grandfather’s I believe.

Also, again theoretically, what if you accidentally peed on the body? Again theoretically.
Ooh, the old "ring on the finger of a fully charcoaled corpse" play. A very flirtatious movement if I say so myself. Think to yourself: What is the significance of the ring, its nature, and the burnt corpse? Is the ring incidental or is it primary?

You'd be amazed at what criminal forensics can trace. From everything I've read on the subject, again, just two guys talking here; I would guess they would burn the body at that point and just make it disappear, skipping the pleasurable psychological foreplay of sending body parts piece by piece over several weeks, due to their own hiccup. Surely to their own disappointment. Floridians like to joke about the convenience of Alligator Alley running through the Everglades, similar to New Yorkers fondness for the East River. Plus, we have both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. You know, for those of us that like the water.

So I need something that likes barbecue. Theoretically of course. It’s written in the ancient texts that the prophet SLB sustains himself by consuming the souls of those he has proven wrong but I don’t think he’d touch this.

I need something with a sharp bite. I need a maneater.

What’s your mom doing this weekend?
Scholars maintain ancient manuscripts refer to early drawings, inspired by divine visions, of a man running with his pants on fire and that man would come to be known as "SLB". These visions correlate to bearing false witness and a forked tongue. I can't verify cloven hooves, but it would certainly make sense.

As for dear mom. Last I heard she typically works the opposite side of the street as your mom so you should start there. Sort of like Burger King vs McDonalds.
I am grateful for your late reply because, as you well know, those are the prime working hours for your mother.

Theoretically, someone was able to drop of the remains of a guy named Jose and advertising it as “long pig ribs” rather than “short ribs” was able to pawn of the barbecue on the streetwalkers and homeless. For some reason @Aggie in Boise was there too but which faction he belonged to I cannot guess.

Theoretically, someone doing this might feel a little messed up but it would also probably provide them an opportunity to hear the preachings of the prophet SLB firsthand. The day of reckoning is coming when the messiah Max Shulga will return to us and deliver us a nattty.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » May 4th, 2024, 9:58 pm

Is it just me or does Jordy have one of the ugliest jump shots I have ever seen from a point guard???

Starts his shooting motion from his knees, has a slow wind up, doesn’t get any elevation from jumping, and releases the ball below his chin.

That (I can't express myself without swearing) is getting sent to the 15th row in the MW.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic