Steeeeeew!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieFBObsession

Steeeeeew!

Post by AggieFBObsession » April 18th, 2024, 10:38 pm

This video deserves a lot more likes. Thank you @treesap32 . I hadn't yet seen it. Stew didn't win more than 1 post season game, but he was/is a helluva great man. And I'm very grateful that he has his name on the court, especially given today's men's college athletics culture.

These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 3):
ereksonaggie95treesap32ViAggie

Yossarian

Re: Steeeeeew!

Post by Yossarian » April 19th, 2024, 12:06 am

Agreed. I admire Stew for putting USU on the modern college basketball map. His teams were entertaining to watch and his offensive sets were genius. He did more with less natural talent than anyone I can name. He gave USU fans something to cheer about and be proud of through some dark periods of football mediocrity. And his loyalty to the school for 17 years is a rare thing, indeed.

But even with all that, the thing that I most respect and admire him and his wife for is opening up their home to the dozens of children in the foster care program that they took in. That is truly a selfless act. I'm sure it was both challenging and rewarding to them. Stew is the man.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 5):
bluegrouseereksonaggie95AggieFBObsessionustate98CastIronAggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

TrueAG

Re: Steeeeeew!

Post by TrueAG » April 19th, 2024, 10:07 am

Stew came in the perfect era. I can't see him participating in the current landscape. He hated recruiting as is, I can't imagine him with the unlimited transfers and NIL.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic