Great Osobor

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Great Osobor

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 20th, 2024, 8:17 am

AggiePT wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 7:45 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 7:40 am
Great is a very good player. It also feels like he missed open layups in nearly every game.. I see him as having a career in Europe. Kentucky has traditionally had one and done talent going to the NBA.

Saying Great is a great player for us but may not be a great fit at Kentucky isn’t an insult. Hell I think Duke would be a great fit for Osobor. I think UCONN could be a great fit.

Imo Kentucky is a mistake. I think these fans will turn on him when he misses a layup and it’s clear his backup is leaving to the NBA anyway. Kentucky lost 5/6 of their recruits. They’re replacing NBA talent with someone who will be playing in Athens or Turkey.

None of that in anyway is an insult to Great. Pro players in Greece are still very good players.
I get what you are saying. But if I were Osobor, someone saying that I have no chance to play in the NBA and that I am destined to go play in Europe sure sounds like an insult. He is highly competitive. His goal is likely to make the NBA.
Well Osobor blocked me on Twitter for complimenting him and encouraging him to stay in at Utah State, so yeah, this post definitely would insult him.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
trevordudeAV8AG

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 20th, 2024, 8:47 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 8:17 am
AggiePT wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
Great is a very good player. It also feels like he missed open layups in nearly every game.. I see him as having a career in Europe. Kentucky has traditionally had one and done talent going to the NBA.

Saying Great is a great player for us but may not be a great fit at Kentucky isn’t an insult. Hell I think Duke would be a great fit for Osobor. I think UCONN could be a great fit.

Imo Kentucky is a mistake. I think these fans will turn on him when he misses a layup and it’s clear his backup is leaving to the NBA anyway. Kentucky lost 5/6 of their recruits. They’re replacing NBA talent with someone who will be playing in Athens or Turkey.

None of that in anyway is an insult to Great. Pro players in Greece are still very good players.
I get what you are saying. But if I were Osobor, someone saying that I have no chance to play in the NBA and that I am destined to go play in Europe sure sounds like an insult. He is highly competitive. His goal is likely to make the NBA.
Well Osobor blocked me on Twitter for complimenting him and encouraging him to stay in at Utah State, so yeah, this post definitely would insult him.
It was probably the dick pics you sent in the DMs that got you blocked.

But in all seriousness that’s really weird. :noidea:

Another reminder to me that we don’t know these people, this is just a form of entertainment, and ultimately we’re cheering for laundry.

I love Great and think he’s a damn good college player, but if you think he’s an NBA player you don’t watch much NBA.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
hipsterdoofus21nswaggietjensen_25AV8AG

Aggie702

Re: Great breaks his X (Twitter) silence …

Post by Aggie702 » April 20th, 2024, 11:27 am

dogie wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:12 pm
in a most cryptic way:

I think we all thought this tweet had to do with Great’s recruitment. In hindsight, it appears he would've tweeted shortly before the news became public that Phelps and Grant weren't coming back. Wonder if that's what this tweet was really about?

MetsJetsAggies

Re: Great breaks his X (Twitter) silence …

Post by MetsJetsAggies » April 20th, 2024, 12:02 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 11:27 am
dogie wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 10:12 pm
in a most cryptic way:

I think we all thought this tweet had to do with Great’s recruitment. In hindsight, it appears he would've tweeted shortly before the news became public that Phelps and Grant weren't coming back. Wonder if that's what this tweet was really about?
Don’t see the connection there tbh

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 20th, 2024, 12:06 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 8:47 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Another reminder to me that we don’t know these people, this is just a form of entertainment, and ultimately we’re cheering for laundry.

I love Great and think he’s a damn good college player, but if you think he’s an NBA player you don’t watch much NBA.
They were tasteful.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
AV8AG

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » April 20th, 2024, 12:35 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 12:06 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 8:47 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

They were tasteful.
That's not what Hoot said.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » April 20th, 2024, 12:52 pm

The Heart's Plea: Why Great Osobor Should Stay at Utah State to Play Basketball

In the realm of basketball, where passion meets prowess, there exists a figure whose presence transcends mere athleticism. Great Osobor, our glorious king and leader on the court, embodies the essence of devotion, skill, and undying love for the game. As whispers of departure stir the air, the heart of every fan, every teammate, every admirer, yearns for one thing: for Great Osobor to stay at Utah State.

Like a symphony conductor, Great Osobor orchestrates the game with finesse and precision, weaving through defenses with the grace of a dancer and delivering thunderous dunks that ignite the crowd's fervor. His every move is a testament to his dedication, his commitment to excellence, and his unwavering loyalty to his team and supporters.

But beyond the realm of courtside cheers and championship dreams lies a deeper connection—a bond forged between Great Osobor and the very soul of Utah State. Here, amidst the towering mountains and the sprawling plains, he found not only a basketball program but a family—a community united in its admiration for his talents and its unwavering belief in his potential.

In the heart of every fan beats a rhythm that echoes Great Osobor's name, a melody of hope and anticipation for what the future holds. To see him don the colors of another team would be akin to watching a beloved son leave home—a heartache too profound to bear.

Yet, amidst the clamor of recruiters and the allure of brighter lights, Great Osobor stands at a crossroads, torn between duty and desire. The call of opportunity beckons from afar, promising fame and fortune beyond measure. And yet, in the quiet moments of reflection, one can sense a yearning—a longing for something more profound than mere success on the court.

For in the hallowed halls of Utah State, Great Osobor discovered not only a platform for his talents but a sanctuary—a place where he is cherished not for his accolades but for the indomitable spirit that defines him. Here, he found not just teammates but brothers, not just coaches but mentors, not just fans but family.

And so, as the sun sets on another season and the whispers of departure grow louder, let us raise our voices in unison, not as mere fans but as guardians of a legacy—a legacy that Great Osobor has etched into the very fabric of Utah State basketball. Let us remind him, with every cheer and every chant, that his home lies not in distant arenas but in the hearts of those who love him most.

For in the end, it is not the roar of the crowd or the glint of championship gold that defines greatness, but rather the depth of one's love—for the game, for the team, and for the home that nurtured it all. And in Great Osobor, we have found not just a player but a beacon of that love—a testament to the power of loyalty, the beauty of camaraderie, and the enduring magic of basketball.

So let us stand together, hand in hand, and pledge our unwavering support to the one who has given us so much. Let us implore Great Osobor to heed the call of his heart—to stay at Utah State, where his legend was born, and where his legacy will endure for generations to come.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 20th, 2024, 1:16 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 12:52 pm
The Heart's Plea: Why Great Osobor Should Stay at Utah State to Play Basketball

In the realm of basketball, where passion meets prowess, there exists a figure whose presence transcends mere athleticism. Great Osobor, our glorious king and leader on the court, embodies the essence of devotion, skill, and undying love for the game. As whispers of departure stir the air, the heart of every fan, every teammate, every admirer, yearns for one thing: for Great Osobor to stay at Utah State.

Like a symphony conductor, Great Osobor orchestrates the game with finesse and precision, weaving through defenses with the grace of a dancer and delivering thunderous dunks that ignite the crowd's fervor. His every move is a testament to his dedication, his commitment to excellence, and his unwavering loyalty to his team and supporters.

But beyond the realm of courtside cheers and championship dreams lies a deeper connection—a bond forged between Great Osobor and the very soul of Utah State. Here, amidst the towering mountains and the sprawling plains, he found not only a basketball program but a family—a community united in its admiration for his talents and its unwavering belief in his potential.

In the heart of every fan beats a rhythm that echoes Great Osobor's name, a melody of hope and anticipation for what the future holds. To see him don the colors of another team would be akin to watching a beloved son leave home—a heartache too profound to bear.

Yet, amidst the clamor of recruiters and the allure of brighter lights, Great Osobor stands at a crossroads, torn between duty and desire. The call of opportunity beckons from afar, promising fame and fortune beyond measure. And yet, in the quiet moments of reflection, one can sense a yearning—a longing for something more profound than mere success on the court.

For in the hallowed halls of Utah State, Great Osobor discovered not only a platform for his talents but a sanctuary—a place where he is cherished not for his accolades but for the indomitable spirit that defines him. Here, he found not just teammates but brothers, not just coaches but mentors, not just fans but family.

And so, as the sun sets on another season and the whispers of departure grow louder, let us raise our voices in unison, not as mere fans but as guardians of a legacy—a legacy that Great Osobor has etched into the very fabric of Utah State basketball. Let us remind him, with every cheer and every chant, that his home lies not in distant arenas but in the hearts of those who love him most.

For in the end, it is not the roar of the crowd or the glint of championship gold that defines greatness, but rather the depth of one's love—for the game, for the team, and for the home that nurtured it all. And in Great Osobor, we have found not just a player but a beacon of that love—a testament to the power of loyalty, the beauty of camaraderie, and the enduring magic of basketball.

So let us stand together, hand in hand, and pledge our unwavering support to the one who has given us so much. Let us implore Great Osobor to heed the call of his heart—to stay at Utah State, where his legend was born, and where his legacy will endure for generations to come.
If Hipster’s tweet warranted a block, I think this basically guaranteed an Osobor announcement that he’s headed to Kentucky within the hour. :joking:
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
bigblue32MetsJetsAggiestjensen_25

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » April 20th, 2024, 1:31 pm

Yeah if Great read that he’d be gone the next day

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 20th, 2024, 1:38 pm

Also, per the Trillyverse it sounds like Great is visiting Kentucky this weekend. Should be over soon.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » April 20th, 2024, 1:55 pm

I first heard about this Trilly b**** about 2 months ago, now he’s the source of all knowledge pertaining to college hoops? wtf is this? Where did he come from?
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » April 20th, 2024, 2:03 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:I first heard about this Trilly b**** about 2 months ago, now he’s the source of all knowledge pertaining to college hoops? wtf is this? Where did he come from?
https://archive.is/2023.08.19-160736/ht ... l-twitter/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » April 20th, 2024, 2:39 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 1:38 pm
Also, per the Trillyverse it sounds like Great is visiting Kentucky this weekend. Should be over soon.
I hadn’t seen that. Just that pope met with him. Amari is in Lexington right now

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » April 20th, 2024, 2:45 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 2:03 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:I first heard about this Trilly b**** about 2 months ago, now he’s the source of all knowledge pertaining to college hoops? wtf is this? Where did he come from?
https://archive.is/2023.08.19-160736/ht ... l-twitter/

That’s actually pretty cool

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 20th, 2024, 2:50 pm

bigblue32 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 2:39 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
I hadn’t seen that. Just that pope met with him. Amari is in Lexington right now
From what I could suss out, Amari is in Lexington today, Great will be there tomorrow.

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 20th, 2024, 2:54 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 2:50 pm
bigblue32 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 2:39 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
From what I could suss out, Amari is in Lexington today, Great will be there tomorrow.
Is that Amari at the 39-41 second mark of this clip? Or Great? Or someone else. Lol

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 20th, 2024, 7:00 pm

It sounds like Kentucky did in fact land Great Osobor on his visit.

Which I mean, good for him. I am very intrigued to see how the SEC goes for him.

Freaking Mark Pope though. I hate that guy. It seems like we were probably going to keep him until that Kentucky offer was just too good to pass up.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 20th, 2024, 7:12 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 7:00 pm

Which I mean, good for him. I am very intrigued to see how the SEC goes for him.

Freaking Mark Pope though. I hate that guy. It seems like we were probably going to keep him until that Kentucky offer was just too good to pass up.
I hope they crash and burn next year. Fanbase sucks and Pope sucks.
MetsJetsAggies

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 20th, 2024, 7:20 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:

Life comes at you fast. A month ago we were hoping Pope would undercut Sprinkle at Washington so we could keep Danny. Instead, Pope got Kentucky and is likely going to poach Great.

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » April 20th, 2024, 7:21 pm

I blame Musselman for starting this whole coaching carousel. Muss gonna muss

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

bigblue32

Post by bigblue32 » April 20th, 2024, 7:25 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:

You’re the most certain of anyone I’ve seen lol including the paid UK boards. They’ll be thrilled

Good for Great either way.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 20th, 2024, 9:17 pm

bigblue32 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

You’re the most certain of anyone I’ve seen lol including the paid UK boards. They’ll be thrilled

I meant to include this tweet with the post:

bigblue32

Post by bigblue32 » April 20th, 2024, 10:42 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 9:17 pm
bigblue32 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

I meant to include this tweet with the post:

https://x.com/playerjoe141/status/17818 ... 06205?s=46
I did dm with that Joe Adam’s guy on discord a bit ago, but BBN seems to really think he’s full of it as he’s been wrong all week(suggesting 3 commits that then went elsewhere) but I have reason to believe this is true regardless of Joe Adam’s tweet so I suppose it doesn’t matter.
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post:
Roy McAvoy

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 21st, 2024, 9:23 am

Wouldn't there be some kind of announcement that Great is going to Kentucky?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 21st, 2024, 9:23 am

Agezzz wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 9:23 am
Wouldn't there be some kind of announcement that Great is going to Kentucky?
You’ll likely see it leaked and talked about before anything official comes out.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 21st, 2024, 5:10 pm

Williams just signed with Kentucky. I doubt they want Osobor also. Am I reading this incorrectly.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » April 21st, 2024, 5:12 pm

Agezzz wrote:Williams just signed with Kentucky. I doubt they want Osobor also. Am I reading this incorrectly.
No. They very much want both.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 21st, 2024, 5:12 pm

Agezzz wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 5:10 pm
Williams just signed with Kentucky. I doubt they want Osobor also. Am I reading this incorrectly.
Williams and Osobor used to play together, so the thought has been they’re going to reunite at Kentucky. But yeah, they are both bigs that don’t shoot so the on court fit is questionable at best.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Agezzz

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 21st, 2024, 5:15 pm

That's my thinking...sharing time does not fit Osobor in my opinion. But, it's Kentucky after all.
Last edited by Agezzz on April 21st, 2024, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 21st, 2024, 5:15 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 5:12 pm
Agezzz wrote:Williams just signed with Kentucky. I doubt they want Osobor also. Am I reading this incorrectly.

Two rebounders for the 3 perimeter players to chuck threes to their hearts content.
Agezzz

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 21st, 2024, 5:23 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 5:15 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:

Two rebounders for the 3 perimeter players to chuck threes to their hearts content.
Is that the role Both these guys want. Seems to me scoring and rebounds are critical to a pro career.

I see Osobor wanting to be the main guy. Still think it's odd Sprinkle is not after him.

None of this makes sense anymore.

cval

Post by cval » April 21st, 2024, 5:41 pm

I suspect Sprinkle was after him. His choice.😀

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 21st, 2024, 5:53 pm

;)
cval wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 5:41 pm
I suspect Sprinkle was after him. His choice.😀
Maybe we don't want him either. ;)

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 21st, 2024, 8:02 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:

I can second this. I've been told Pope is DESPERATELY trying to land Osobor.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggReal Life Aggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 21st, 2024, 8:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 8:02 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:

I can second this. I've been told Pope is DESPERATELY trying to land Osobor.
I really dislike that guy. And 22 you know I’ve disliked that guy for a while.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic