Great Osobor

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

Re: Great Osobor

Post by SLB » April 23rd, 2024, 3:22 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:19 pm
SLB wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:10 pm
SLB wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:09 pm
TrueAG wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:06 pm
It's gonna be funny after all of this and he ends up following Sprinkle
Sprinkle is desperate at this point, so Osobor could ask for the king's ransom from Washington.
explain how he's "desparate" please
He has close to zero players on the roster. Washington would look into a plan on firing him without legit big additions from the portal before his first season which will be an unpleasant time to be at before he starts his career at Washington. Even with the money, it would be miserable.
I just want to make sure I’m reading this correctly; are you stating that Coach Sprinkle is in jeopardy of getting fired before he has coached his first game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Washington is in a bad place plus they moved to the Big 10. Sprinkle has not brought in the home runs that Sprinkle was supposed to bring in.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » April 23rd, 2024, 3:23 pm

SLB wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
SLB wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
SLB wrote:
TrueAG wrote:
Sprinkle is desperate at this point, so Osobor could ask for the king's ransom from Washington.
He has close to zero players on the roster. Washington would look into a plan on firing him without legit big additions from the portal before his first season which will be an unpleasant time to be at before he starts his career at Washington. Even with the money, it would be miserable.
I just want to make sure I’m reading this correctly; are you stating that Coach Sprinkle is in jeopardy of getting fired before he has coached his first game?

Washington is in a bad place plus they moved to the Big 10. Sprinkle has not brought in the home runs that Sprinkle was supposed to bring in.
I understand what you are saying, I’m just trying to clarify if you are stating he may be fired before his first coached game.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiAGinNEIowa

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » April 23rd, 2024, 3:26 pm

SLB wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:16 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
SLB wrote:
TrueAG wrote:
The irony is that the Purdue coach warned Sprinkle.
My dude. Come on. You've gotta stop.

Washington is going to pay a $3.5 mil buyout, give him a $22 mil deal, then work on a plan to fire him before the year because nobody followed him from the Mountain West?
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 2):

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » April 23rd, 2024, 3:29 pm

SLB wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:22 pm
FeartheFro wrote:
SLB wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
SLB wrote:
TrueAG wrote:

Do you understand the amount of money that would cost Washington? It’s a $22M+ contract plus any buyout of a new coach. And who would take that job if they fire a guy before he starts? There is a less than ZERO chance that happens.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 2):

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 23rd, 2024, 3:40 pm

You guys are going to really be upset when SLB gets this one right. Just you wait.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseAGinNEIowa

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 23rd, 2024, 3:50 pm

SLB wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:16 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
SLB wrote:
TrueAG wrote:
The irony is that the Purdue coach warned Sprinkle.
Haha you keep topping yourself for the most ridiculous things said on this board. Sprinkle will have a really good team next year.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 23rd, 2024, 3:50 pm

For some unknown reason, many of you think we are sitting on our hands and not recruiting. Just waiting around hoping and dreaming Osobor comes back to USU.

That is absurd thinking. They are recruiting as if he isn't returning. If not, our coaches have their collective heads up their a$$.

Why do we care what happens at Washington. Maybe some of us have our collective heads up our a$$.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 23rd, 2024, 3:51 pm

Hoot wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 12:15 pm
TrueBlue wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 12:12 pm
Aglicious wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:54 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:45 am
kentucky twitter is saying that Great is visiting campus today. They are also saying that Arkansas is offering double NIL to anything Kentucky offers so they are worried he might go to Arkansas.
Dang, I thought he had already visited this weekend. I was getting excited that a couple of days had passed and there was still no announced commitment to them.

That's crazy if Arkansas is willing to throw that out there before even knowing what the number is. Coach Cal must have been introduced to some new Arkansas bag guys down there, it must feel like home for him.

If/when Great takes one of these offers it is going to be some incredible pressure. Is it even possible to deliver a return on investment for these teams? It's national championship or bust.
Jerry Jones is the big bag man offering this. I've heard the Walton clan may be involved too.
You don’t say no to the mole man.

That picture is straight up chilling. Eyes of a shark locked in on its prey.

John Boy Walton was the original gangster. Walton Mountain was a fortress modeled after Hitler's "wolf's lair"; no one ran lumber in them hills without paying the toll if you know what I mean.

Cut your eyeballs out and feed 'em to you without batting an eye lash. John Boy fkkin Walton. Man.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
HootCastIronAggie

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » April 23rd, 2024, 3:54 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 12:59 pm
BasketballAgg wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 12:07 pm
dogie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:56 am
BasketballAgg wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:55 am
If he’s getting 500k at Kentucky that would mean he’s getting a Million from Arkansas.

Thats an insane bag when you learn that the collective has only come up with 200k for him…
Watch Osobor become the best (legitimately) paid college basketball player of all time.

I have the feeling that the USU collective could come up with $500K for Great. I have no source - just a hunch.
Martinez was given 125k, Greats offer is 200k currently, plus the other guys NIL Deals so we will say 250k, there’s no way the program scrape up another 300k. Unless Laub is feeling frisky.
You’d have my respect for life, Mr Laub! Not that my respect means anything to you, but it would sure be a fun ride next year… just sayin! 🙂
It was a smiley that apparently does not work on here. Great catch though typo police!

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 23rd, 2024, 3:58 pm

Agezzz wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:50 pm
For some unknown reason, many of you think we are sitting on our hands and not recruiting. Just waiting around hoping and dreaming Osobor comes back to USU.

That is absurd thinking. They are recruiting as if he isn't returning. If not, our coaches have their collective heads up their a$$.

Why do we care what happens at Washington. Maybe some of us have our collective heads up our a$$.
Why so angry?

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 23rd, 2024, 4:30 pm

TrueAG wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:58 pm
Agezzz wrote:

Why so angry?
Just stating my opinion which must make you angry. Quit picking on me, I'm sensitive and it makes me angry. :sarcasm:

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » April 23rd, 2024, 4:43 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
SLB wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
SLB wrote:
TrueAG wrote:

You've identified a current prediction but a future parody.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 3):
Aggie formerly in HawaiinewtonianblueAGinNEIowa

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 23rd, 2024, 4:48 pm

NVAggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 3:40 pm
You guys are going to really be upset when SLB gets this one right. Just you wait.
I was going to make a Mike Price stripper joke(one of the few coaches in history who was fired before ever coaching a game at his school), but doubt in Seattle in 2024 that would be seen as a dealbreaker like it was in Alabama over 20 years ago.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
FloridaAggie13

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 23rd, 2024, 5:43 pm

Agezzz wrote:

Of course the coaches are recruiting.

Now, maybe I am wrong and we don’t have a capped amount of NIL, but if we have $200k in NIL committed to Great if he comes back right now, I am a little worried about not having that money available to recruit other dudes to fill out the roster over the next two weeks.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 23rd, 2024, 5:57 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 5:43 pm
Agezzz wrote:

Now, maybe I am wrong and we don’t have a capped amount of NIL, but if we have $200k in NIL committed to Great if he comes back right now, I am a little worried about not having that money available to recruit other dudes to fill out the roster over the next two weeks.
That is a good point. 200k if you split that 2-3 times could bring in some really nice players to the team.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » April 23rd, 2024, 6:08 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 5:57 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 5:43 pm
Agezzz wrote:

That is a good point. 200k if you split that 2-3 times could bring in some really nice players to the team.
I think things will work out very well :)
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Section_L_Aggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 23rd, 2024, 7:13 pm

Oh, We’re still recruiting. Watch for Aggies22 to release the news this week.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 24th, 2024, 8:07 am

bigblue32 wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 6:08 pm

I think things will work out very well :)
But you didn't say they would work out "Great".
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
MrBiggle

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 24th, 2024, 1:11 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 2:29 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 2:27 pm
Wow. Not gonna know any time soon, are we? Just have to assume that he is gone. Why in the world would he drag it out so long? Could be recruited over at every place by then, no?
The NBA draft withdrawal deadline is May 29th (I believe). Great would be smart to do as many workouts and get as much draft evaluation as possible before then. It'll be telling if he gets an invite to the combine.

When and if he decides to return to USU, I have no doubt Calhoun will still have a scholarship for him. There's no reason for Calhoun to not keep one spot open until he decides.

That said, I'm sure Calhoun will try his hardest to find players of equal or better in talent to Great until then. However unlikely.

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » April 24th, 2024, 1:19 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 1:11 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Wow. Not gonna know any time soon, are we? Just have to assume that he is gone. Why in the world would he drag it out so long? Could be recruited over at every place by then, no?
The NBA draft withdrawal deadline is May 29th (I believe). Great would be smart to do as many workouts and get as much draft evaluation as possible before then. It'll be telling if he gets an invite to the combine.

When and if he decides to return to USU, I have no doubt Calhoun will still have a scholarship for him. There's no reason for Calhoun to not keep one spot open until he decides.

That said, I'm sure Calhoun will try his hardest to find players of equal or better in talent to Great until then. However unlikely.
Keeping a scholarship open that late is a wise move anyhow IMO, it seems some really good players become available late in the game, and easier to snatch the best of what is left.
These users thanked the author nswaggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Aggie in Boise

dogie

Post by dogie » April 24th, 2024, 2:08 pm

nswaggie wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 1:19 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Keeping a scholarship open that late is a wise move anyhow IMO, it seems some really good players become available late in the game, and easier to snatch the best of what is left.
Like Chaz Spicer almost 20 years ago.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 24th, 2024, 2:23 pm

nswaggie wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 1:19 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Scholarship is easy. Keeping NIL money available is the hard part.

Nicholas41
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nicholas41 » April 24th, 2024, 4:37 pm

If Great does make his decision to come back Karson and great our going to do some pretty dumb stuff, also he will be probably wanting around 200k to 400k in nil money which we cannot afford will see though.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 24th, 2024, 4:39 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 4:37 pm
If Great does make his decision to come back Karson and great our going to do some pretty dumb stuff, also he will be probably wanting around 200k to 400k in nil money which we cannot afford will see though.
His agent is asking for 900k on the open market.

Nicholas41

Post by Nicholas41 » April 24th, 2024, 4:42 pm

d a m n

Nicholas41

Post by Nicholas41 » April 24th, 2024, 4:42 pm

where'd you get that information just wonderin

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 24th, 2024, 5:09 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 4:42 pm
I saw it on Twitter when they released that he was visiting Kentucky, Louisville, Texas Tech, and Washington.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 24th, 2024, 5:12 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
(I c a n ‘ t e x p r e s s m y s e l f w i t h o u t s w e a r i n g)
FIFY
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 8):
flying_scotsman2.0AggieBluesLarryTheAggieEngineeringAggieCivEngAggieReal Life Aggietreesap32quirky

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 24th, 2024, 5:39 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 5:09 pm
Nicholas41 wrote:
I saw it on Twitter when they released that he was visiting Kentucky, Louisville, Texas Tech, and Washington.
Yesterday in Trillys discord he said USU anticipated Great signing with UK because the number was too big. When someone asked what the number is he said 900k is what he asked usu for. He thinks the actual number is lower.

He also said he was hearing it was between usu and UK so it was a surprise to see the other schools listed on his upcoming visits.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 24th, 2024, 5:56 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 4:39 pm
Nicholas41 wrote:
Whether it's $350k, $500k, or $900k, we aren't winning a bidding war with the cast of characters he is visiting. It's time to move on.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21flying_scotsman2.0

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 24th, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thank you Great! It was a fun year but the ROI on his ask is not there.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » April 24th, 2024, 6:04 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 5:56 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 4:39 pm
Nicholas41 wrote:
Whether it's $350k, $500k, or $900k, we aren't winning a bidding war with the cast of characters he is visiting. It's time to move on.
We definitely aren't winning a bidding war, but I wouldn't automatically assume that he is simply going to the highest bidder. He wants to play in the NBA, and he might have a better chance of catching the eyes of NBA scouts if he is the focal point of the offense of a likely tournament team at USU rather than coming off the bench to shag rebounds for Kentucky's guards. To be clear, I don't expect that he will be back. Most likely some school somewhere will offer him more money and a featured role in their offense. But I don't think that the fact that he is being offered more money elsewhere automatically means that he is gone.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0treesap32

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 24th, 2024, 6:32 pm

My understanding is that these guys also get paid just to make the visit. Maybe $10k or $20k, etc., so yeah, at least go out and earn another $100k just by flying in and hearing the sales pitch from four or five 'schools'.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » April 25th, 2024, 1:10 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 4:48 pm
NVAggie wrote:
I was going to make a Mike Price stripper joke(one of the few coaches in history who was fired before ever coaching a game at his school), but doubt in Seattle in 2024 that would be seen as a dealbreaker like it was in Alabama over 20 years ago.
And as I recall, a big part of the reason that Alabama fired Price was because he hadn't actually signed his contract at the time the stripper story broke, so they could "fire" him without paying any kind of buyout. There's zero chance that UW is paying $20 million+ to get rid of Sprinkle before he coaches a single game.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 26th, 2024, 9:38 am

StanfordAggie wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 1:10 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 4:48 pm
NVAggie wrote:
And as I recall, a big part of the reason that Alabama fired Price was because he hadn't actually signed his contract at the time the stripper story broke, so they could "fire" him without paying any kind of buyout. There's zero chance that UW is paying $20 million+ to get rid of Sprinkle before he coaches a single game.
https://www.al.com/sports/2012/11/how_w ... e_pri.html

Yep he never signed the contract, thus when he tried to sue the University the lawsuit was thrown out. It really shows how contracts have changed in the last 20 years. His (would be) contract at Alabama would have been less than what Blake Anderson makes at USU today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic