Shout out to Hans and Scotty G

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieUprising50

Shout out to Hans and Scotty G

Post by AggieUprising50 » April 3rd, 2024, 7:19 am

Yesterday, the majority of their show was dedicated to highlighting USU athletics. All three hours had an interview with one of our coaches.

It's been a long time since I've ever seen the SLC media give USU that type of airtime. I've complained about this for years, so I'm going to make sure I give credit where credit is due.

Thank you Scotty G for all the hard work you've done for Utah State.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post (total 19):
USU78AgliciousHeathentrevordudeUSUGrad01EngineeringAggieAggies1888AggiePTtjensen_25AgTime and 9 more users

slcagg

Re: Shout out to Hans and Scotty G

Post by slcagg » April 3rd, 2024, 7:48 am

Scotty has been giving the Aggies quite a bit of coverage in basketball this year.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
AggiePTtravelingagg

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 3rd, 2024, 8:43 am

Completely agree. For how unfair people are to him, we’re really lucky to have Scotty as an Aggie. Yesterday’s show was a delight.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 2):
CacheCowMrBiggle

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 8:48 am

slcagg wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 7:48 am
Scotty has been giving the Aggies quite a bit of coverage in basketball this year.
But they barely ever cover the flaming diaper that has been our football program the last two years.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
travelingagg

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » April 3rd, 2024, 8:52 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:48 am
slcagg wrote:
But they barely ever cover the flaming diaper that has been our football program the last two years.
They cover it, they just don’t ask Blake any actual questions and just kiss his (I can't express myself without swearing) for entire segments. They had Blake on and it sounded like a nice long (I can't express myself without swearing) kissing and excuse making session.

Donman

Post by Donman » April 3rd, 2024, 9:12 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:
They cover it, they just don’t ask Blake any actual questions and just kiss his (I can't express myself without swearing) for entire segments. They had Blake on and it sounded like a nice long (I can't express myself without swearing) kissing and excuse making session.
3 bowl games is a flaming diaper

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Donman for the post (total 2):
AngusAgaceofspadeskb

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 3rd, 2024, 9:22 am

Agreed, it was a great day of coverage for the university. The hard thing during football is Hans is now back to all byu all the time given his new position.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » April 3rd, 2024, 9:55 am

Scotty is a great ambassador for Aggie sports. I wish he was on with someone other than Hans.
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
travelingagg

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 10:29 am

Donman wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 9:12 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

12-14 record plus getting raped by Weber. Yes a flaming diaper.

I should also mention the time we let a team on a five game losing streak starting a third string running back (I can't express myself without swearing) us in the (I can't express myself without swearing).

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » April 3rd, 2024, 10:41 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 10:29 am
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

I should also mention the time we let a team on a five game losing streak starting a third string running back (I can't express myself without swearing) us in the (I can't express myself without swearing).
So are we just throwing out his first season because it doesn't fit the narrative or because we hate Blake?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 10:42 am

brian5562 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 10:41 am
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

So are we just throwing out his first season because it doesn't fit the narrative or because we hate Blake?
I didn’t say anything about the first season. If you go read my original reply I said the last two seasons.

Full

Post by Full » April 3rd, 2024, 10:46 am

Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

He said two years, so I’m not sure why the third bowl game was added. Sagrin for the last two years has USU rated as 116 and 110. The best win over two years was against Air Force in 2022 after four straight losses including 55-0 to Alabama and 35-7 Weber State. I think the standard is meaningful games in November, and USU has not had a meaningful football game in November since 2021. Yes, we’re throwing out 2021 because college football has changed, and the portal was wide open following the COVID season. Since then things have changed.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 3rd, 2024, 11:04 am

brian5562 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Nobody hates Blake.

But there are valid reasons to be frustrated with the last couple years.

Blake’s first year was awesome but is any and all criticism of Blake invalid in perpetuity because year 1 was so awesome ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
NEAggie

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am

Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Have a little more class than that.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 2):
Real Life Aggiequirky

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am

shoresy wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

That was a poor choice on my part. I ought to have used “(I can't express myself without swearing) us in the (I can't express myself without swearing)” for both examples.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
MrBiggle

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » April 3rd, 2024, 11:17 am

2004AG wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:04 am
brian5562 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Nobody hates Blake.

Blake’s first year was awesome but is any and all criticism of Blake invalid in perpetuity because year 1 was so awesome ?

Just think it's important to look at the whole picture.

Nope a lot of the criticism is valid. His inability to find a defensive coordinator that can put together a consistently strong defense. His handling of the qb position etc.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » April 3rd, 2024, 11:21 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am
shoresy wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

That was a poor choice on my part. I ought to have used “(I can't express myself without swearing) us in the (I can't express myself without swearing)” for both examples.
Sidebar: @hoot is my favorite read on this forum.

Generational forum poster, pay him some nil admins

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 3rd, 2024, 11:34 am

brian5562 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
brian5562 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Nobody hates Blake.

Nope a lot of the criticism is valid. His inability to find a defensive coordinator that can put together a consistently strong defense. His handling of the qb position etc.
Then when people aren’t happy with 12-14 and Weber kicking our asses, don’t act surprised and pull the “hate Blake” card.

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » April 3rd, 2024, 11:40 am

2004AG wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:34 am
brian5562 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
brian5562 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Nobody hates Blake.

Then when people aren’t happy with 12-14 and Weber kicking our asses, don’t act surprised and pull the “hate Blake” card.

ok noted. Thanks for teaching me the proper way to voice my opinion.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 11:50 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:21 am
Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am
shoresy wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Sidebar: @hoot is my favorite read on this forum.

Generational forum poster, pay him some nil admins

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » April 3rd, 2024, 12:59 pm

Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

But those two years were still years we were bowl eligible. Were we mediocre with some bad losses? Yes. Were we a flaming diaper like 2020? No.

If our defense can play well, I think we have a shot to have a really good shot at the MWC title this year.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 1:03 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 12:59 pm
Hoot wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:

But those two years were still years we were bowl eligible. Were we mediocre with some bad losses? Yes. Were we a flaming diaper like 2020? No.

If our defense can play well, I think we have a shot to have a really good shot at the MWC title this year.
Crazy thing this year is that we could compete for an MWC title and still go 8-4. OOC is tough.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » April 3rd, 2024, 2:35 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 7:19 am
Yesterday, the majority of their show was dedicated to highlighting USU athletics. All three hours had an interview with one of our coaches.

It's been a long time since I've ever seen the SLC media give USU that type of airtime. I've complained about this for years, so I'm going to make sure I give credit where credit is due.

Thank you Scotty G for all the hard work you've done for Utah State.
Nice post. It's nice to see some positivity around here. I enjoyed the coverage and appreciated hearing the interview with our AD post-press conference.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic