A National Championship

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GUS

Re: A National Championship

Post by GUS » April 2nd, 2024, 8:22 pm

Obviously, the guy hasn't watched any of the videos on X that have a counter going on while Edey is in the lane. Some of them show him in the lane at least 9 seconds without any 3 second call. Don't tell me the refs don't give him an advantage.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 2nd, 2024, 8:24 pm

boilerD wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 6:31 pm
VegasBornAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 1:41 pm
What we need to go find some random 7’3”+ and 300+lbs kid and then we will get all the calls in the world. Easy path to a national championship. Forget the PG we just need that.
He earned every call against you. I read all of the crying you guys did because we have an opposing message board comments thread after every win. What was it like to know somewhere deep down that painter could have easily made it to 120 points?
lol touch grass. You must have a real productive life.

boilerD
Has thanked: 0

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 6:24 am

JFWAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:40 pm
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:
What we need to go find some random 7’3”+ and 300+lbs kid and then we will get all the calls in the world. Easy path to a national championship. Forget the PG we just need that.
He earned every call against you. I read all of the crying you guys did because we have an opposing message board comments thread after every win. What was it like to know somewhere deep down that painter could have easily made it to 120 points?
How does it feel to lose to a 15 and 16 seed in back to back years you (I can't express myself without swearing) moron?
Uh, like if painter is going to play the biggest center in the nation, he better put three good guards who can shoot around him and develop a complimentary front court. Took him two years to do that. You got treated to the results.

Did you see Ethan Morton come in at the end of the first half to foul a Gonzaga player twice, only to go back to the bench for the rest of the game? He was a starter and the only wing on the team last year. Heide was out with a broken foot. I think you got a nice introduction to Heide on that two handed tip dunk.

As to “why am I here” .. hey I give you guys credit. Gonzaga boards are too afraid too approve someone with boiler in their name and Tennessee boards are all paid.

Sorry to interrupt your national championship thread lol

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » April 3rd, 2024, 6:55 am

boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 6:24 am
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:
How does it feel to lose to a 15 and 16 seed in back to back years you (I can't express myself without swearing) moron?
Uh, like if painter is going to play the biggest center in the nation, he better put three good guards who can shoot around him and develop a complimentary front court. Took him two years to do that. You got treated to the results.

Did you see Ethan Morton come in at the end of the first half to foul a Gonzaga player twice, only to go back to the bench for the rest of the game? He was a starter and the only wing on the team last year. Heide was out with a broken foot. I think you got a nice introduction to Heide on that two handed tip dunk.

As to “why am I here” .. hey I give you guys credit. Gonzaga boards are too afraid too approve someone with boiler in their name and Tennessee boards are all paid.

No need to apologize. I’m sure UConn wont apologize when they cut the nets down and interrupt your national championship run.
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post:
MrBiggle

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » April 3rd, 2024, 7:13 am

bigblue32 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 6:55 am
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

No need to apologize. I’m sure UConn wont apologize when they cut the nets down and interrupt your national championship run.
Yup. I predict Boiler fans will be crying about the lack of foul calls they are used to seeing, and how Edey didn’t get to the line as much as he usually does.

Where only sage brush grows

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 8:31 am

bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

You aren’t UConn. You guys asked how it felt. Go watch us lose an overtime game to Virginia in 2019. You’ll never get that close. Again. Painter was being nice. He could have gone into the 120-140 range on you.

And I still haven’t seen one of you acknowledge that you got into trouble fouling TKR not edey. That’s how you went from Sakho to the dude with that 70s stache to the chunky guy from karate kid 5.

To me it’s not an Utah state thing either. It’s seeking out people who think that because edey is 7’4” 300 that makes foul rules different when you guard him, and then thinking that when you lower your shoulder into his back and hold on for dear life, if he backs down and fights for space, that’s the REAL foul.

It’s not an Utah state thing. I really liked your town when I visited and regretted that ladybird was closed for remodeling. It’s an American thing.. people who don’t understand officiating are as common from key west to Fairbanks and everywhere in between.
These users thanked the author boilerD for the post:
bigblue32

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 8:46 am

boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:31 am
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

You aren’t UConn. You guys asked how it felt. Go watch us lose an overtime game to Virginia in 2019. You’ll never get that close. Again. Painter was being nice. He could have gone into the 120-140 range on you.

And I still haven’t seen one of you acknowledge that you got into trouble fouling TKR not edey. That’s how you went from Sakho to the dude with that 70s stache to the chunky guy from karate kid 5.

To me it’s not an Utah state thing either. It’s seeking out people who think that because edey is 7’4” 300 that makes foul rules different when you guard him, and then thinking that when you lower your shoulder into his back and hold on for dear life, if he backs down and fights for space, that’s the REAL foul.

It’s not an Utah state thing. I really liked your town when I visited and regretted that ladybird was closed for remodeling. It’s an American thing.. people who don’t understand officiating are as common from key west to Fairbanks and everywhere in between.
Well done troll :lol:

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

SLB

Post by SLB » April 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:46 am
boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

My guess that this troll is some person on this board who has a beef about Isaac Johnson and us pointing out the refs' favorable calls for Edey. It is pretty pathetic.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
Hoot

bigblue32

Post by bigblue32 » April 3rd, 2024, 9:39 am

Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

Yeah pretty sure it’s on my profile. My name is Braydan. Need more info?

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 10:10 am

Little chance of this happening. It would take a combination of Great, Martinez, Johnson and Falslev taking large steps forward, finding a Brown replacement in the portal, Wynott being a one and done type of player, and a fair amount lot of luck. Typically you need about 2 NBA guys (and a few fringe ones).

But as a wise man once said "better to shoot for the stars and land in the trees than shoot for the trees and land in the mud"
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
bigblue32

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 10:32 am

bigblue32 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 9:39 am
Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

Guys named Braydan are the type of guys who would get scared after falling overboard a cruise ship and into barracuda infested waters. Not the type of person USU needs in their fan base imo.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 10:52 am

SLB wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am
Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

My guess that this troll is some person on this board who has a beef about Isaac Johnson and us pointing out the refs' favorable calls for Edey. It is pretty pathetic.
I don’t know who Isaac Johnson is …

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 11:00 am

boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

You sure talk big for a fan of a program with 1 national championship, doubt you win one this year without your home court advantage, enjoy it though because you will probably never be this close again (I can't express myself without swearing)!

bigblue32

Post by bigblue32 » April 3rd, 2024, 11:14 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 10:32 am
bigblue32 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 9:39 am
Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
bigblue32 wrote:
boilerD wrote:
JFWAggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:

Guys named Braydan are the type of guys who would get scared after falling overboard a cruise ship and into barracuda infested waters. Not the type of person USU needs in their fan base imo.
Damn hoot . Guess I’ll leave.

thrashsoundly

Post by thrashsoundly » April 3rd, 2024, 2:20 pm

Saying that we could win a national championship if the guys run it back is a pretty slimy public statement to make. It amounts to just coach speak to parry an inevitable inability to live up to the previous years success. Players transfer as we would expect and we only win 20 games next season? See it's because those guys didn't stay.
It's all a big set up to pre-assign blame elsewhere and an attempt to lower expectations. I'm not a fan, but a this point should we expect anything different from coaches?

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » April 3rd, 2024, 2:25 pm

thrashsoundly wrote:Saying that we could win a national championship if the guys run it back is a pretty slimy public statement to make. It amounts to just coach speak to parry an inevitable inability to live up to the previous years success. Players transfer as we would expect and we only win 20 games next season? See it's because those guys didn't stay.
It's all a big set up to pre-assign blame elsewhere and an attempt to lower expectations. I'm not a fan, but a this point should we expect anything different from coaches?
Slimy? LOL. Don’t be an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
Agezzz

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic