Let Me Set the Record Straight

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
flying_scotsman2.0

Re: Let Me Set the Record Straight

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 29th, 2024, 2:00 pm

Sounds like Tod K has scrambled our coaching search up a couple years in a row now. Why do we keep talking to this guy? Feels like Ben Wyatt letting down the accounting firm over and over again.

That being said, I don't think Tod K. is the very best option we have available, but still.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21BustaMcNutt

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » March 29th, 2024, 2:02 pm

PTAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:36 pm
I'm a lurker here, but love the board. You're a big part of that to me. Thanks for what you do 22.
PTAggie, huh?

You must be the ying to my yang.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 29th, 2024, 2:02 pm

AggiePT wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:02 pm
PTAggie wrote:
I'm a lurker here, but love the board. You're a big part of that to me. Thanks for what you do 22.
PTAggie, huh?

I think this is actually "PTA Aggie". Different profession.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
AggiePT

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 29th, 2024, 2:03 pm

whiteboykevin wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:45 pm
You're probably a great person, I don't know you but sorry you feel like people are mad. I just think it's fair for anyone on here to call out someone that posts and also tweets "100% confirmed" on something that was obviously not 100% and/or. Goes for any other person. It's not that serious.
It's also kind of cowardly to "call someone out" behind a veil of a username when everyone knows who he is.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
tjensen_25Aggiefan33

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 29th, 2024, 2:04 pm

thrashsoundly wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:58 pm
We also still have no confirmation that 22 was wrong, so he still may have it right. There might have just been a delay. If Sabau actually gets on the radio, then we may get some insight into what's going on.
If I’ve learned anything Scotty G never asks the hard questions. I pretty much expect to learn nothing from this interview.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggiejoeaggie

Attorney General
Has thanked: 0

Post by Attorney General » March 29th, 2024, 2:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:13 pm
Something somewhere along the line with Tod Kowalczyk changed. I spoke with FOUR non-USU, unrelated sources who were all SURE it was going to be Tod Kowalczyk. Coaches from other schools talk, athletic department people from other schools talk, agents talk, and people talk. I spent nearly 2 days working the phones, DMs, etc. I don't make $hit up. I never have. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous. Between this, the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread, and having Doug Hoffman curse me out and call me names over the phone over the Josh Davis emergency, I'm ready to give this $hit up. File this one under the Aggie22 was wrong thread.
I am not an Aggie and only came on this board to get updates on the coaching search. I can only affirm that there were others in Ohio who were "sure" it was going to be TK. It is very possible it truly was him for a day or two or more, until somebody's mind (possibly his own) changed. I can say that Todd Simon is a distinct possibility and one, maybe two other Ohio coaches are at least in the conversation -- one from the MAC and one from the Horizon League. That's as far as I'll go for now, but every time a new vacancy opens up somewhere the dynamics can change, the proverbial ripple effect.
These users thanked the author Attorney General for the post (total 4):
flying_scotsman2.0CuchelainReal Life AggieAggie in Boise

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 29th, 2024, 2:04 pm

Is Tod K the guy that's constantly applying for new jobs he isn't serious about taking to leverage an increase at his current job? It seems like that's a possibility.

AggiePharm

Post by AggiePharm » March 29th, 2024, 2:04 pm

That is hilariously ironic.

The USU PR guy and associate AD calls to rail on a local who passionately follows the team and is an amazing resource for the community and fanbase.

While on the other hand, the AD delays a radio interview one day and then completely ghosts them the next. lol
These users thanked the author AggiePharm for the post (total 4):
flying_scotsman2.0EngineeringAggieSLB2004AG

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 29th, 2024, 2:07 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:00 pm
Sounds like Tod K has scrambled our coaching search up a couple years in a row now. Why do we keep talking to this guy? Feels like Ben Wyatt letting down the accounting firm over and over again.

That being said, I don't think Tod K. is the very best option we have available, but still.
:golfclap: excellent reference.

Feels like we might be hearing about a pay raise for Toledo Tod soon.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0bigblue32AggiePT

browntown

Post by browntown » March 29th, 2024, 2:10 pm

Blue Sage wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:49 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Something somewhere along the line with Tod Kowalczyk changed. I spoke with FOUR non-USU, unrelated sources who were all SURE it was going to be Tod Kowalczyk. Coaches from other schools talk, athletic department people from other schools talk, agents talk, and people talk. I spent nearly 2 days working the phones, DMs, etc. I don't make $hit up. I never have. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous. Between this, the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread, and having Doug Hoffman curse me out and call me names over the phone over the Josh Davis emergency, I'm ready to give this $hit up. File this one under the Aggie22 was wrong thread.
Dude you are why I even come here. I appreciate the info you have given. Don’t let thumb sucking Monday morning QB’s give you crap. I trust you more than ANY other source. Keep it up!
^ this right here. Every time I see 22 was the most recent comment I HAVE TO read it, even when it’s about NCAA 25 or some unrelated topic, I WANT MORE from 22. Sorry people are rude and reactionary. You rock and I trust your info more than anybody else here! Thanks for all you do! #In22WeTrust
These users thanked the author browntown for the post (total 6):
bigblue32Blue Sageflying_scotsman2.0trevordudehipsterdoofus21NAggsty Butler

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 29th, 2024, 2:13 pm

We love you 22 -- no matter what they say about you at the Utah State Prison!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
Blue Sageflying_scotsman2.0JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 29th, 2024, 2:14 pm

Help me understand what aggies22 owes any of us.

We log on to a free (and awesome) fan forum, get free (and sometimes awesome) information, and assume that we need to be as well informed as Jim Laub.

Aggies22 - I honestly don't care if you are ever right or wrong - I'm just grateful for all that you do for the Aggies. You're one of the best of us!
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 6):
flying_scotsman2.0vegasaggieAgMacAggiePTAngusAgcdaAg

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 29th, 2024, 2:15 pm

I have no doubt the intel you had on this was good at the time you gave it, my brother in Big Blue. Jeff Goodman was running with it too.

Don't let the haters get to you!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 29th, 2024, 2:15 pm

The problem with the "Aggies22 is wrong" thread is that Aggies22 NEVER once said that Pope was getting the job at UW, only that he was interested in the job at UW.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 3):
Real Life AggieJFWAggieBlue Sage

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » March 29th, 2024, 2:17 pm

Aggies22
Last edited by trevordude on March 29th, 2024, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not sent from Tapatalk

whiteboykevin

Post by whiteboykevin » March 29th, 2024, 2:18 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:03 pm
whiteboykevin wrote:
You're probably a great person, I don't know you but sorry you feel like people are mad. I just think it's fair for anyone on here to call out someone that posts and also tweets "100% confirmed" on something that was obviously not 100% and/or. Goes for any other person. It's not that serious.
It's also kind of cowardly to "call someone out" behind a veil of a username when everyone knows who he is.
I never called him out. Just referencing what he was implying in his post. But I don't see the big deal on someone saying he was wrong when he was.

This is a fan forum. It's not that serious. He was wrong, make some jokes and move on. Everyone so serious about their leader getting some bad information and him being hurt by that.
These users thanked the author whiteboykevin for the post:
AgMac

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 29th, 2024, 2:18 pm

garyismyhomeboy wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:27 pm
Yo 22… you are the reason we come. Don’t let dingleberries dagger you. You don’t hide. You do your best.

You are appreciated.

$%#\ national reporters said the same thing.

https://www.hjnews.com/allaccess/logan- ... ea680.html
This is one of the best phrases I have ever read in my life. Thank you.

SLB

Post by SLB » March 29th, 2024, 2:19 pm

This tweet from Goodman is still up
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 29th, 2024, 2:19 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to 22! Appreciate you and the information that you bring here. Please keep going.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 2):
AgMacBlue Sage

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 29th, 2024, 2:19 pm

22, you're a good one. We're lucky to have intel like yours, keep doing your thing.

Curious to hear more about this Josh Davis story. I don't recall how that all went down.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

PTAggie

Post by PTAggie » March 29th, 2024, 2:21 pm

AggiePT wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:02 pm
PTAggie wrote:
PTAggie, huh?

Whoa! Check that out. Now, Who's account is older... Probably yours. I'm a PT but I felt like I had to capitalize the A, couldn't disrespect the Aggie name.
These users thanked the author PTAggie for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » March 29th, 2024, 2:23 pm

whiteboykevin wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:18 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
whiteboykevin wrote:
I never called him out. Just referencing what he was implying in his post. But I don't see the big deal on someone saying he was wrong when he was.

This is a fan forum. It's not that serious. He was wrong, make some jokes and move on. Everyone so serious about their leader getting some bad information and him being hurt by that.
Never said you did, I was referencing your comment quoted about calling someone out.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
whiteboykevin

gomretat

Post by gomretat » March 29th, 2024, 2:26 pm

Add my name to the list that the info that 22 provides is one of the reasons I visit this board. I have been involved in enough job changes in my life that I am very clear that there are tons of moving parts and people (and their families) often change their minds.

columbusaggie

Post by columbusaggie » March 29th, 2024, 2:28 pm

Don’t sweat this ship 22. We don’t know if a contract couldn’t be agreed upon or if we are playing hard ball. We don’t know if a surprise person is interested that is currently employed by another team. I appreciate and understand that you are pulling a lot of information from lots of places and putting it all together. Not always gonna be right but thanks for keeping in the know the best you can.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 29th, 2024, 2:30 pm

whiteboykevin wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
whiteboykevin wrote:

Tell that to the Athletic Department. Why are so obsessed with this board and keeping info off here?
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21trevordude

whiteboykevin

Post by whiteboykevin » March 29th, 2024, 2:48 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:30 pm
whiteboykevin wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
whiteboykevin wrote:

Tell that to the Athletic Department. Why are so obsessed with this board and keeping info off here?
Do they care? Feels like some people are making up stuff and when they're wrong they say some form of "the athletic department must be planting stories to weed out the the untrustworthy"...can't believe people think Diana is sitting down and saying hey let's plant some fake stories to confuse the couple hundred people that follow this closely. She does not care. She's just trying to finalize two new coaches
These users thanked the author whiteboykevin for the post:
vegasaggie

jackattack

Post by jackattack » March 29th, 2024, 2:51 pm

whiteboykevin wrote:
Condescend much?

I’m not sure 100% sure, but 22 is dead serious about maintaining his integrity, and I’m fairly sure this is not only important for the relationships he has with the university or the posters on this board, but how he chooses to conducts himself. As you can tell by the posts above, we appreciate him here.

I have no doubt he can stick up for himself, but he’s classy enough to let stupid, (I can't express myself without swearing) comments, like yours, go unresponded to. I’m not. Not right now.

(Sorry for the crappy grammar.)
These users thanked the author jackattack for the post (total 2):
ShowMeAggieJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 29th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Let’s call the board what this really is, an Aggie brotherhood. And Aggies22 is ‘That’ dude who is the glue to keeping us all in the loop, as much as possible.

I for one think it’s time for Hoffman to go.

Dude doesn’t give a flip what happens to USU. I’ll leave it at that.

Aggies22 thank you for all the time you spend and effort you put into our programs. Thank you.

whiteboykevin

Post by whiteboykevin » March 29th, 2024, 3:08 pm

jackattack wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:51 pm
whiteboykevin wrote:
Condescend much?

I’m not sure 100% sure, but 22 is dead serious about maintaining his integrity, and I’m fairly sure this is not only important for the relationships he has with the university or the posters on this board, but how he chooses to conducts himself. As you can tell by the posts above, we appreciate him here.

I have no doubt he can stick up for himself, but he’s classy enough to let stupid, (I can't express myself without swearing) comments, like yours, go unresponded to. I’m not. Not right now.

(Sorry for the crappy grammar.)
lol relax man. I just said your leader was wrong and I think it's fair for people to call that out. And that it's not that big of a deal as he and all you regular posters here make it out to be.

I see people on this board call out people that are wrong all the time but when Aggies22 is wrong, everyone feels like a deep need to defend him like someone offended their own Grandma. Just saying it's not that serious. He's probably right more times than not idk
These users thanked the author whiteboykevin for the post (total 3):
Bondar4AggiesJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)BustaMcNutt

AgMac

Post by AgMac » March 29th, 2024, 3:20 pm

whiteboykevin wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
whiteboykevin wrote:

Agree with whiteboykevin. Seems like everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

If people are going hard at Aggies22, they're making a bid deal about nothing. Aggies22 is credible, does his homework, and passes along the best info he can.

If Aggies22 and others are mad that Aggies22 took a bit of heat, they're making a big deal about nothing. I think we can be honest and say there is a big difference between Aggies22's "100% confirmed" tweet and his OP in this thread. I would assume most, like me, thought the "100% confirmed" tweet meant he had some confirmation from one of the two parties (USU source or TK source). This isn't a harsh criticism of Aggie22. It's a fair observation.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
whiteboykevin

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 29th, 2024, 3:23 pm

Who do you have to think you are to call people out? Such egos. Like he wouldn't know he was wrong about something if people didn't tell him?

smh

Thanks aggies22. We chatted it up like 12 years ago right before the 2012 season during fall practice. You're a good dude

88USUAggie

Post by 88USUAggie » March 29th, 2024, 3:26 pm

aggies22 wrote:
You don't owe anyone anything. None of the nitwits here (including me) have any right to call you out on jack shyt. All of us are here because we care about the athletic teams, and have an allegiance to the university. Your voice is valued by all who really are listening and are invested. Thanks for all that you do to contribute to positive discussions related to USU.
These users thanked the author 88USUAggie for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 29th, 2024, 3:30 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 3:05 pm
Let’s call the board what this really is, an Aggie brotherhood. And Aggies22 is ‘That’ dude who is the glue to keeping us all in the loop, as much as possible.

I for one think it’s time for Hoffman to go.

Dude doesn’t give a flip what happens to USU. I’ll leave it at that.

Aggies22 thank you for all the time you spend and effort you put into our programs. Thank you.
And I'm the lubricant that keeps this board from seizing up.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0crazywookie

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » March 29th, 2024, 3:41 pm

Aggies22 is the thin Aggie blue line that separates this place from becoming like Cougarboard. We all appreciate everything you do, and if you don't, GTFO.
These users thanked the author FromLItoLogan for the post:
Blue Sage

valleyaggie21

Post by valleyaggie21 » March 29th, 2024, 3:48 pm

22, you're one of the reasons I follow the forum, always looking for what you say, so keep up the good work and appreciate all the insights and searching through all the threads to see what you have to say.
These users thanked the author valleyaggie21 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21Blue Sage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic