No offer has been made yet?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
StanfordAggie

Re: No offer has been made yet?

Post by StanfordAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:14 pm

Section_L_Aggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:07 pm
StanfordAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:04 pm
Also keep in mind that agents love to leak their clients' names to try to raise their profile/get a raise from their current employers. I would bet money that Sprinkle's agent was the one who first leaked the news that Washington was interested in him. That led to Sabau giving him a fat extension offer and Washington giving him an even fatter offer. I think it is less likely that Sabau is "plugging leaks" than it is that some agents are trying to convince some USU insiders that their guy is the guy.
Agreed. Agents are terrible people. They have messed up sports big time. NOTHING that an agent does would surprise me.
Not that there aren't slimy agents out there, but linking your boss to a better job to help him get more money seems like a pretty mild sin as far as that goes.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
MetsJetsAggies

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » March 28th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Aggie4L1fe wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:59 pm
SoJo_Aggie wrote:WIll Hardy, sick of losing with the Jazz is taking the job, you heard it here first
Bringing Lauri with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But international players can't get NIL?

Not sent from Tapatalk

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:24 pm

And as I thought about it some more, another strong possibility is that an offer was made to one candidate but they made a counteroffer that USU doesn't want to accept and/or USU has reason to believe that he is just trying to get a raise from his current employer and isn't a serious candidate. I guess we will find out soon enough. I would be very happy with either Simon or Kowalczyk. I hope this isn't a sign that they both declined the offer.

Coach Kowalczyk

Post by Coach Kowalczyk » March 28th, 2024, 5:24 pm

BiocatAg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:13 pm
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 3:59 pm
Hey Aggies,

It's me, Coach K, and I'm here to confirm I've received an offer. Thanks, Diana! A few questions for you:

1. I love to ski. Where's the best ski resort near Utah State?
2. I love ice cream. Any good ice cream shops near campus?
3. I'm looking for a good greasy spoon diner. Does Logan have one of those?
4. I'll be building a home right away. Where's the best place in Cache Valley to build?

Looking forward to our 2024-2025 season. Goooooooo Aggies!
Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.
3. Angie's. It's where the locals eat!
4. One of the locals will have to answer this one. I haven't been around Logan for years.

Now that you're here, please know that we are Utah State University. We win in the postseason, so you'd better bring your A game. If you can't get us to the Sweet Sixteen in the next three years, you'd better start looking for another job.
Thanks! And Aggie Blue Mint?! That line item in my contract is making a lot more sense now. Diana at her team indicated I would get one gallon of it for every MWC win, and I would get 10 gallons of it for every post-season tournament win. Must be pretty good stuff.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » March 28th, 2024, 5:25 pm

USUstudent13 wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:42 pm
Sabau is either playing some 4-D level chess here or is getting exposed.
A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma leaked by a rumor propagated from the star chamber. The game within the game is the game that only Sabau sees.
These users thanked the author WAaggieFan for the post:
USUstudent13

Coach Kowalczyk

Post by Coach Kowalczyk » March 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm

Coach Todd Simon wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:15 pm
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:09 pm
It's my job. Source: me.
With all due respect, Tod. This job is mine. You can take the 'D' out of my name, but you can't take my job. Go Aggies.
It's funny that you say that. I hope Diana didn't tell you she flew me in on the Laub's Cessna Citation. It was a nice flight. I heard you were pretty excited about flying into Salt Lake on Delta's Comfort+. lol.

I am, however, impressed with your recent offensive numbers. If you're up for it, I'd be willing to consider you for my staff. When I retire in 2035, the job could be yours.
Last edited by Coach Kowalczyk on March 28th, 2024, 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:24 pm
And as I thought about it some more, another strong possibility is that an offer was made to one candidate but they made a counteroffer that USU doesn't want to accept and/or USU has reason to believe that he is just trying to get a raise from his current employer and isn't a serious candidate. I guess we will find out soon enough. I would be very happy with either Simon or Kowalczyk. I hope this isn't a sign that they both declined the offer.
I think the chances they both declined the offer are near zero.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
AggieFBObsession

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 28th, 2024, 5:30 pm

GeoAg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm
StanfordAggie wrote:
Stuff like this was posted last year too.

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 28th, 2024, 5:31 pm

GeoAg wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
I heard they both want the job so bad they keep undercutting each other's offer. Todd's final offer was that he was willing to work for free. Then Tod offered to pay USU for the opportunity to coach here, thus he's the current leader.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 2):
AggiePTCuchelain

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » March 28th, 2024, 5:33 pm

Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

It's me, Coach K, and I'm here to confirm I've received an offer. Thanks, Diana! A few questions for you:

4. I'll be building a home right away. Where's the best place in Cache Valley to build?

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.
4. One of the locals will have to answer this one. I haven't been around Logan for years.

Now that you're here, please know that we are Utah State University. We win in the postseason, so you'd better bring your A game. If you can't get us to the Sweet Sixteen in the next three years, you'd better start looking for another job.
Thanks! And Aggie Blue Mint?! That line item in my contract is making a lot more sense now. Diana at her team indicated I would get one gallon of it for every MWC win, and I would get 10 gallons of it for every post-season tournament win. Must be pretty good stuff.
Welcome Coach!

Looks like you have gotten some good advice so far.

As to number 4 I think historically the coaches have lived up on the North Logan bench or just across the border in Logan.

I bet this house will be going up for sale soon... I bet you could get a deal on it... I hear the seller is motivated to get out of town. :lol: :lol:

https://core.cachecounty.org/Display/Pa ... 24?chart=y

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2060 ... 0647_zpid/
Last edited by The Old Bull on March 28th, 2024, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author The Old Bull for the post:
Coach Kowalczyk

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » March 28th, 2024, 5:34 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:31 pm
GeoAg wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
I heard they both want the job so bad they keep undercutting each other's offer. Todd's final offer was that he was willing to work for free. Then Tod offered to pay USU for the opportunity to coach here, thus he's the current leader.
Pope came in and offered to buy aggie ice cream for all fans in the spectrum for each home game if he gets the gig.

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 28th, 2024, 5:36 pm

All roads lead to Tunka.

WasatchAggie

I'm rather excited for Coach K coming to USU...

Post by WasatchAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:36 pm

He did pretty well at his last gig, IIRC.

These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleBlue Sage

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 28th, 2024, 5:37 pm

At this point, how do we even know this 'Diane Sabau' person exists? Sure, we've seen pictures and some people claim to have met her, but how do they know it was her? Who has seen her birth certificate?

To me, she's a phantom. Second cousin to Harvey the Rabbit. A ghost story sports journos tell their kids: "expose a source and Diane Sabau will get you".

But I admire her scorched earth approach. Soon, all of USU will be hers.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm

The Old Bull wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

As to number 4 I think historically the coaches have lived up on the North Logan bench or just across the border in Logan.

I bet this house will be going up for sale soon... I bet you could get a deal on it... I hear the seller is motivated to get out of town. :lol: :lol:

Critical question. Did the former tenant happen to leave the Christmas tree?
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
The Old Bull

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » March 28th, 2024, 5:42 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm
The Old Bull wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

Critical question. Did the former tenant happen to leave the Christmas tree?
Its been out on the street since Halloween. ;)

Coach Kowalczyk

Post by Coach Kowalczyk » March 28th, 2024, 5:43 pm

The Old Bull wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:33 pm
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

Thanks. Beautiful home and area! Given how aggressively my agent negotiated my contract to ensure I got the job, I will probably need to look at something a bit less expensive. Will lenders take partial mortgage payments in the form of Aggie Blue Mint?

Also, if any of you have family or friends who are interested in some old Toledo gear, I'm putting some of it up for sale on Ebay: https://bit.ly/3PCjpXC Anything will help with the move.
These users thanked the author Coach Kowalczyk for the post:
The Old Bull

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » March 28th, 2024, 5:47 pm

Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:43 pm
The Old Bull wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

Thanks. Beautiful home and area! Given how aggressively my agent negotiated my contract to ensure I got the job, I will probably need to look at something a bit less expensive. Will lenders take partial mortgage payments in Aggie Blue Mint?

Also, if any of you have family or friends who are interested in some old Toledo gear, I'm putting some of it up for sale on Ebay: https://bit.ly/3PCjpXC Anything will help with the move.
Im telling you, you can probably get a deal on this property. The owner probably forgot he even owns it. He closed on it in September... and reportedly has been in commuting from Seattle since December. ;)
These users thanked the author The Old Bull for the post (total 2):
Coach Kowalczykcrazywookie

Coach Kowalczyk

Post by Coach Kowalczyk » March 28th, 2024, 5:56 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:23 pm
ViAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:20 pm
Coach Todd Simon wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
With all due respect, Tod. This job is mine. You can take the 'D' out of my name, but you can't take my job. Go Aggies.
This is the most entertaining thread this week! I love it!
We have some Todd on Tod violence!
Yeah, I'm Tod. Just Tod, with a single "d." You might wonder why that's worth mentioning. Well, let me tell you, it's a story that's a bit out of the ordinary, all thanks to my mom. She's got this way of doing things that's... let's just say, unique. And the story of how I got my name? It's classic her.

So, here's the deal. When I was born, my mom decided to name me Tod, intentionally skipping that extra "d" you see in most "Todd"s. Now, if you're scratching your head, wondering, "Why the fuss over an extra letter?" you're not alone. But in my mom's eyes, it was more than just a letter; it was a statement.

You see, my mom has always had this philosophy about life: Keep it simple, keep it meaningful. She believes in cutting through the clutter, focusing on what's truly important, and letting go of the excess. And that's exactly what she did with my name.

I figure you Aggie fans (Us Aggies, now) care about simplicity and avoiding excess. You probably want to avoid excess losses like Todd's loss against us (Toledo) this season in our house, 88-72. Or maybe you want to avoid excess mid-conference finishes like Bowling Green's 5th-place finish in the MAC. If you want excess losses and excess mediocrity, Todd's your guy. If you want to win regular season titles, look no further than me (Tod).

And that's how I became Tod, with one "d." It's a reminder to keep things simple, to focus on what truly matters, and to take every shot in life with purpose, not with excess baggage. Thanks to Mom, every time I introduce myself, I remember that lesson. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.
Hoot

Coach Todd Simon
Has thanked: 0

Post by Coach Todd Simon » March 28th, 2024, 6:00 pm

The Old Bull wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

You can have that house, Coach Kowalczyck. It screams "Lying & full of cheesy catch phrases" way too much for my tastes. I'm more into the "Honest, Loyal, & Sincere" look in a home myself. Let me know if you find any of those for sell in beautiful Cache Valley please.
These users thanked the author Coach Todd Simon for the post:
Coach Kowalczyk

Coach Kowalczyk

Post by Coach Kowalczyk » March 28th, 2024, 6:01 pm

Coach Todd Simon wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:00 pm
The Old Bull wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
BiocatAg wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Hey Aggies,

Welcome coach.

1. Ski the Beav!
2. Aggie Blue Mint.

Welcome Coach!

You can have that house, Coach Kowalczyck. It screams "Lying & full of cheesy catch phrases" way too much for my tastes. I'm more into the "Honest, Loyal, & Sincere" look in a home myself. Let me know if you find any of those for sell in beautiful Cache Valley please.
Do you mean you're looking for an average home, just like your average 5th-place finish in the MAC?
Real Life Aggie

Coach Todd Simon
Has thanked: 0

Post by Coach Todd Simon » March 28th, 2024, 6:07 pm

Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
Coach Todd Simon wrote:
Coach Kowalczyk wrote:
It's funny that you say that. I hope Diana didn't tell you she flew me in on the Laub's N15CV jet. It was a nice flight. I heard you were pretty excited about flying into Salt Lake on Delta's Comfort+. lol.

I am, however, impressed with your recent offensive numbers. If you're up for it, I'd be willing to consider you for my staff. When I retire in 2035, the job could be yours.
Really? HA! Now that's funny. The AD told me they are obsessed with fan speculation on message boards so they were going to fly me in commercial so that no fans could track my flight in from Ohio and know that I was being hired. They want to keep it a secret.

You must've flown in a private charter because they reserve those private charter flights for the whiny coaches that lie and can't hack it in the MWC.

- Double D Todd
Last edited by Coach Todd Simon on March 28th, 2024, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Coach Todd Simon for the post (total 2):
Coach Kowalczykcrazywookie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » March 28th, 2024, 6:08 pm

GeoAg wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
Yeah I do not see a scenario where Todd Simon turns down the offer if made.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 28th, 2024, 6:11 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:31 pm
GeoAg wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
didn't our last coach end up doing just that? :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 28th, 2024, 6:13 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:

Insightful post Stanford, excellent for more than just slobbering blather. You post some intriguing thoughts for consideration.

Agreed Utah State could be in a back and forth about money for the new H C. I would think that H C coaching candidates have a very good beginning idea where the general financial parameters ares. Having said that, is it possible we are so close to finalizing a deal that some good old school bluffing will close the deal for the new coach?

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Post by JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) » March 28th, 2024, 6:21 pm

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 28th, 2024, 6:23 pm

It’s a mole hunt nothing more. My very high level source goes simply by “A” tells me Ryan Thompson is being positioned as the next HC.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 28th, 2024, 6:23 pm

"reportedly," Oddly, their sister station, KSL, didn't mention him in their list of possible coaches they had up yesterday. LOL come on Des/KSL!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » March 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm

Keep an eye out for some Jackrabbits

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 28th, 2024, 6:41 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm
Cowboys from Louisiana love hunting jackrabbits

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 28th, 2024, 6:56 pm

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since that story was filed at 1 PM today

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » March 28th, 2024, 7:06 pm

Yep just don’t chase them up that Hill!

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » March 28th, 2024, 7:08 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:41 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm
Cowboys from Louisiana love hunting jackrabbits
Just don’t chase them up that Hill!

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » March 28th, 2024, 7:14 pm

TrueAG wrote:
aggieborn wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:05 pm
There’s no such thing as an insider in this job search. No offense to the insiders but they have no idea what’s going on. The faster the rest of you figure this out the easier it will get. This is a new AD who knows what she’s doing, Sabau is leaking different info to figure out who’s a rat. Those “inside source confirmations” that some of you were so proud to talk about may get your source fired you fell right into Sabaus plan.
Is this the mafia or a University hire...
Didn't know the cache valley cartels were in that deep at the University, I guess they're everywhere now. Also aggie points for aggieborn spelling her name correctly when other's can't seem to.

edit:
I do love seeing the coach Tod on Todd crime is going down in this thread too.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 28th, 2024, 7:43 pm

rAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:29 pm
I'm being told that Tunka is the pick and if you say "well he's dead" let me just add that on Tuesday at the announcement there will be a grave exhuming.
I was told by my sister that Tunka Tollison was at the Thomas & Mack center for both of our tournament games. He was sitting near Jerry Bovee, not next to him or anything, but only like 5 or 6 seats away. I'm not clear on if they were talking during the game but they might have been. This is just secondhand information. I don't know if that means anything because I haven't heard anything concrete from my sources but I will see if I can find out more.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic