Falslev in the portal

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Falslev in the portal

Post by ProvoAggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:09 pm

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Bullnamed_gus

Re: Falslev in the portal

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 27th, 2024, 1:09 pm

Hopefully he comes back but shocked he was first in lol

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:15 pm

He's gonna get paid. By us or someone else

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 27th, 2024, 1:16 pm

Welp. Mass Exodus here we come. Rebuild #2 on the way !!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 27th, 2024, 1:19 pm

FootballAgg wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:16 pm
Welp. Mass Exodus here we come. Rebuild #2 on the way !!
You can just call it the annual rebuild from now on
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
Intermeddler88USUAggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 27th, 2024, 1:23 pm

Think that's bad? McCaffery's own kid is in the portal at Iowa.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 27th, 2024, 1:24 pm

I love the way Falslev plays. Hopefully the new coach is someone he wants to play for and decides to stay. He literally could be another Aggie legend if decides to stay all 4 years.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Tetonkatest

twentytwocactus

Post by twentytwocactus » March 27th, 2024, 1:26 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:24 pm
I love the way Falslev plays. Hopefully the new coach is someone he wants to play for and decides to stay. He literally could be another Aggie legend if decides to stay all 4 years.
I agree. imagine if he improved his three point shot and got a nice mid range jumper off the dribble. That would take one summer of hard work and he could be the greatest aggie of all time.
These users thanked the author twentytwocactus for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025ImportAggie

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:27 pm

It seems like Mason has been pretty unhappy with his NIL money. He probably feels like he’s the face of the program with every cache valley kid getting his haircut, and yet he doesn’t get very much money. This seems like his way of forcing everybody’s hand to keep him here, but I do think that he’s frustrated enough to pull the trigger on some other school.

If we can get our football players enough NIL to keep them here then we should be able to get our basketball players enough money as well.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 27th, 2024, 1:29 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:27 pm
It seems like Mason has been pretty unhappy with his NIL money. He probably feels like he’s the face of the program with every cache valley kid getting his haircut, and yet he doesn’t get very much money. This seems like his way of forcing everybody’s hand to keep him here, but I do think that he’s frustrated enough to pull the trigger on some other school.

If we can get our football players enough NIL to keep them here then we should be able to get our basketball players enough money as well.
He is a player local businesses in cache valley should be lining up to have him advertise for their business.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleTetonkatestImportAggie

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 27th, 2024, 1:30 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:

Why can’t we just have a player that is here because they dreamed of being here ??

I personally grew up DREAMING for the chance to step foot on USU’s football or basketball program.

Obviously it was never in the cards for me, but I just want a star player who is here because it’s all they’ve ever wanted.
These users thanked the author BasketballAgg for the post (total 3):
EngineeringAggieFloridaAggie13AggiesForever

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 27th, 2024, 1:32 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:

He'll make more next year and could have done so without entering the portal. He was a just a guy who hadn't played yet at the beginning of the season after all, but now he has definitely earned more. Love the kid and hope he stays and is happy with the decision.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Section_L_Aggie

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:34 pm

I don't blame any kid for putting his name in the portal when the coach leaves like this. I don't think they should enter with the intent to leave but to be ready for an opportunity if they don't like the new hire. Although some of these kids might enter as a precautionary measure and then see cash being offered to them and sway them away.

I am surprised that only Mason and Brenchley have entered. I totally understand Brenchley and think it is a good decision to get his masters degree paid for by someone else, especially when he was never going to get time here.

How long did Osobor take to enter the Portal when Sprinkle came here? I'm grasping at straws that we would be able to keep him and everyone else.

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:35 pm

FootballAgg wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:30 pm
EngineeringAggie wrote:

Why can’t we just have a player that is here because they dreamed of being here ??

I personally grew up DREAMING for the chance to step foot on USU’s football or basketball program.

Obviously it was never in the cards for me, but I just want a star player who is here because it’s all they’ve ever wanted.
That was Sam Merrill.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 8):
Section_L_Aggieaggies22AngusAgFloridaAggie133rdGenAggiebrossp24Aggie37flying_scotsman2.0

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » March 27th, 2024, 1:35 pm

I hope he sticks around, and have no idea what the chances of him coming back are, but regardless this is absolutely the right move for him.

Throw your name in the portal to at least see what kind of interest is out there. No coach is going to come in and not want him back because he entered the portal. You don't close any doors, but could open plenty.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseAggie84025

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 27th, 2024, 1:40 pm

No hard feelings, he's got to do what's best for him.
Last edited by ViAggie on March 27th, 2024, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025tjensen_25Real Life AggieAGinNEIowa

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

cval

Post by cval » March 27th, 2024, 1:43 pm

I don’t think a little patience would hurt his chances at all. Feels like a game of chicken to influence the hiring process.

I get it, but I don’t think it’s a good look.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 27th, 2024, 2:02 pm

FootballAgg wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:

Maybe that player's best friend can be named Eddie Haskell.

What is this, the olden days?

This is the modern era - there is no playing for the school or the community, it is playing for the next NIL deal. The only people that care cars about the school are the poor saps that pay to watch mercenaries compete.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Eutaw St. Aggie

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 27th, 2024, 2:03 pm

cval wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 1:43 pm
I don’t think a little patience would hurt his chances at all. Feels like a game of chicken to influence the hiring process.

I get it, but I don’t think it’s a good look.
I think he just saw his coach go out and lobby for other jobs all year long and said f*** it I’m going to get a bag too.

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 27th, 2024, 2:27 pm

Mason is one of my favorite players. I hope he takes a careful look at what is out there, realizes that Logan is the best place for him, and stays for the next three years.
These users thanked the author Cuchelain for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025ereksonaggie95cvalJacobByb

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 27th, 2024, 2:28 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:02 pm
FootballAgg wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:

Maybe that player's best friend can be named Eddie Haskell.

What is this, the olden days?

This is the modern era - there is no playing for the school or the community, it is playing for the next NIL deal. The only people that care cars about the school are the poor saps that pay to watch mercenaries compete.
I agree. So everyone, quit crying about the good old days and get on board with reality. Hate it, like it, don't follow it, dosen't really matter. It's here to stay! If I'm a good player, and my coach leaves, I'm not going to sit on my A$$ dreaming and hoping things will be all groovy with the next coach. The kids that do that are either not very bright or not Solid D-1 players. It has nothing to do with loyality. Just like all of us make decisions that benifit ourselves and our future, to support out friends and families. This is a USU Freshman class decision. I did it several times and now can spend time on this board, making and reading silly comments that really aren't that important. Go Aggies and Reality.

And by the way, for others who disagree with me, this is also reality. Find a coach that understands the culture of Cache Valley. I love the place to visit and come to games. I love my Alma Mater in a huge way and donate to sports and the Business College. But you could not pay me to live there. I want more religious diversity(I'm LDS), less political dominance(don't read more into that) and more of a larger city life style. Dosen't make me odd, shallow or hateful towards anything. Go Aggies! How many A$$es will my comments go up???

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » March 27th, 2024, 2:32 pm

For those that know Mason and his family...

Is this about him chasing NIL money?

Is he unhappy at USU? Why?

What is the most likely destination? Washington? Utah? BYU? Somewhere else?

jackattack

Post by jackattack » March 27th, 2024, 2:36 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:

Source? I don’t think it’s wholly about money for Mason. I think he wants to make sure he wants to play for the next coach. He’s doing nothing I wouldn’t have done, in his situation. There are a lot of posters on here who would be doing the same thing.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 27th, 2024, 2:38 pm

You’re a terrible businessman if you don’t test the market. If I could earn $500k more somewhere else, I would like to know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Madmartigan

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 27th, 2024, 2:38 pm

Aggie blood flows thru his veins, I am confident he will give USU every opportunity to keep him
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 2):
Section_L_Aggieaggies22

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 27th, 2024, 2:39 pm

He's talented enough to play anywhere. I wonder if Sprinkles the Clown has reached out?

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 27th, 2024, 2:41 pm

I love Mason and I hope he stays for his whole career, but lets not forget he didn't even commit to USU out of high school...

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ImportAggie

Post by ImportAggie » March 27th, 2024, 2:42 pm

Sorry, but Mason doesn’t have a choice. I will cause a rockslide in Sardine Canyon and arm the troops at Beaver Dam.

If he wants out he’s gonna have to climb over the wellsvilles :nono:

BigBlue97
Has thanked: 0

Post by BigBlue97 » March 27th, 2024, 2:42 pm

I have heard that Mason, Great, and Ian have been invited by Sprinkle to go to Washington.
These users thanked the author BigBlue97 for the post:
trevordude

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 27th, 2024, 2:43 pm

BigBlue97 wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:42 pm
I have heard that Mason, Great, and Ian have been invited by Sprinkle to go to Washington.
That's certainly going to be the case if Sprinkle is doing his job.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » March 27th, 2024, 2:44 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 2:38 pm
Aggie blood flows thru his veins, I am confident he will give USU every opportunity to keep him
Ah yes, thats why he signed with utah out of HS
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
ViAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 27th, 2024, 3:16 pm

BigBlue97 wrote:
But how would he do such a thing? Coaches cannot contact players from another school unless they are in the portal. Would that not be against the rules. Are you saying that squeaky clean holier than thou Danny would invite players to leave without them being in the portal. :sarcasm:
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 27th, 2024, 3:17 pm

BigBlue97 wrote:
I believe this is pretty accurate.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
ViAggieFloridaAggie13ImportAggie

ereksonaggie95

Post by ereksonaggie95 » March 27th, 2024, 3:28 pm

Well, there go two that I thought might be convinced to stay. Sucks...

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 27th, 2024, 3:42 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:17 pm
BigBlue97 wrote:
I believe this is pretty accurate.
but aggies22, there's a whole thread on how bad your track record has been lately :lol: :joking:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic