Two more

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Two more

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 28th, 2024, 10:17 am

IceCougar wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:02 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...oh, you were serious
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 8:54 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 5:06 pm
We should reach out to that uconn coach too he's put together a couple good seasons in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly Dan Hurley would be my first choice. Nate oats as a backup plan
Why am I not surprised the one person who took an obvious joke seriously was a BYU fan :lol:
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
ViAggieStanfordAggie

tysteve20

Re: Two more

Post by tysteve20 » March 28th, 2024, 10:36 am

hickaggie wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 4:19 pm
IceCougar wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 3:59 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 4:23 pm
Two others to be considered. (They may have already been mentioned, and if so I am sorry. I don’t see everything on this board. )
Two guys I would like to see on the list. Madsen , CAL and before that SUU. And Pope, BYU.

They are really good coaches. Great recruiters. From Utah, not too old. Would love to coach at Utah State (Pope doesn’t like BYU which is right up our alley,) Madsen would love to move back to Utah from the dumpster fire in CA

I would love to have either one.
that's plain crazy talk. Nobody is stepping down from a power conference job to take a lesser job unless they're on the downhill side of their career and can't get big jobs any more. Both Madsen and Pope are dudes in their prime and still potentially on the rise.
No, I don't think its crazy talk. I was stuck in that hellhole for a couple years way back. He'd probably take Weber State if they could pay him. I'm guessing from past chatter that he may not be making Big 12 money either at his current "calling". So if he can't land another p5 gig this year a team like USU paying comparably might look like a pretty good interim gig unless he's getting paid more than what has been suggested. Not that we want him but a desperate man does things like this.
I would also add that a Top MWC job is better than a bottom of the barrel P12 or now ACC job. Utah State got way more national attention this year than the likes of Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Cal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic