"This isnt our last game together"

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JFWAggie

"This isnt our last game together"

Post by JFWAggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:16 pm

I knew immediately he was speaking of next year at Washington, he has not been the same guy the past month and a half, you could see it on his face, the fire he had a boise never resurfaced the rest of the season, he came to logan, lied to everyone he met and has been recruiting for his next gig the past two months, what an unethical piece of (I can't express myself without swearing). He will be rich, but he just sold his soul for a 2 dollar hooker.
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 6):
Section_L_AggieAggie in BoiseLarryTheAggieRoy McAvoyFloridaAggie13Blue Sage

Section_L_Aggie

Re: "This isnt our last game together"

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:18 pm

Couldn’t agree more.

Terrible example for young men. I hope the kids see through the lies and have more integrity.
These users thanked the author Section_L_Aggie for the post (total 3):
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)Aggie in BoiseFloridaAggie13

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 25th, 2024, 3:20 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 3:16 pm
I knew immediately he was speaking of next year at Washington, he has not been the same guy the past month and a half, you could see it on his face, the fire he had a boise never resurfaced the rest of the season, he came to logan, lied to everyone he met and has been recruiting for his next gig the past two months, what an unethical piece of (I can't express myself without swearing). He will be rich, but he just sold his soul for a 2 dollar hooker.
Be careful, negative posts like this can get you tagged as a Troll.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:24 pm

The 5 star recruit was a dead giveaway, in our new reality you don't a 5-star on campus w/o compensation, and I'm hearing that it's about $35K just for a visit. Yea thanks NCAA/SCOTUS for opening up pandora's box on this sht.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 5):
88USUAggieAggie in Boiseaggies22FloridaAggie13MrBiggle

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

jprism
Has thanked: 0

Post by jprism » March 25th, 2024, 3:29 pm

He definitely hasn’t seemed the same for a while now. When we cut down the nets after winning the conference he had an odd look on his face when you would expect him to be super excited and happy. It looked like he was in a happy situation while something else completely different was on his mind.
These users thanked the author jprism for the post (total 2):
ViAggietrevordude

Bigger_Blue_Aggie

Post by Bigger_Blue_Aggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:33 pm

Ugh..... No words....

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:41 pm

At the time I thought he was trying to use these words to convince his team they would beat Purdue.. Now it seems to mean something completely different.

I also thought the KSL video interviewing the players in the locker room when Josh said at the end something about knowing a lot of guys will be going different directions.

You can’t tell me the players haven’t known for awhile now.

columbusaggie

Re:

Post by columbusaggie » March 25th, 2024, 3:48 pm

jprism wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 3:29 pm
He definitely hasn’t seemed the same for a while now. When we cut down the nets after winning the conference he had an odd look on his face when you would expect him to be super excited and happy. It looked like he was in a happy situation while something else completely different was on his mind.
That was shocking as I expected some excitement! He barely smiled and looked very uncomfortable. F that dude.
These users thanked the author columbusaggie for the post (total 2):
Section_L_Aggietrevordude

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 25th, 2024, 4:01 pm

Good grief....how paranoid are you guys!! The Coach was being filmed. That was typical coach talk. Maybe he should have said....Go kick their effing a$$. Better??
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post:
Real Life Aggie

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 25th, 2024, 4:21 pm

So dramatic...

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » March 25th, 2024, 4:25 pm

You would think USU fans would recognize coach speak by now.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 25th, 2024, 4:25 pm

#NobodyCares
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
WannabeAgAlumFloridaAggie13

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » March 25th, 2024, 4:52 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:25 pm
#NobodyCares
#nobodygivesaflying#!@#
These users thanked the author WannabeAgAlum for the post (total 2):
Section_L_AggieFloridaAggie13

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 25th, 2024, 5:07 pm

I really think that there needs to be standard language in coaching contracts that in addition to any buyout- any recruit who verbals or signs with the current school and then signs at the coaches new school, the new school is required to compensate the school for recruitment costs until the player is “on the team”.

If Sprinkle knew he’d be at Washington and recruited a player for Washington while being paid by USU that wouldn’t apply- but that’s damn near fraud.

I don’t fault him for leaving. I don’t fault him for taking some players. But using USU resources to recruit a player that he knows won’t sign at USU in order to recruit for another school- if I did the equivalent for my job, I’d not only be fired but probably sued.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 4):
Section_L_AggieFloridaAggie13MrBiggleAhbye

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 25th, 2024, 5:16 pm

Agezzz wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 4:01 pm
Good grief....how paranoid are you guys!! The Coach was being filmed. That was typical coach talk. Maybe he should have said....Go kick their effing a$$. Better??
Yeah it is a bit much. It sucks to lose sprinkle, but the dude coached us to our first outright mw regular season championship and only our second tournament win in 50 years. Not bad for a guy who was "checked out." The pregame speech was obviously a motivational tactic to tell his team he was confident they could win. People are really looking way into every little thing. The fact that his mannerisms after winning the conference championship are being psychoanalyzed is funny too. He just led us to our first outright conference championship in mw history. The last thing I'm worried about is if his facial expressions were a certain way.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
ChowderAggieJSHarvey

kenpo

Post by kenpo » March 25th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:07 pm
I really think that there needs to be standard language in coaching contracts that in addition to any buyout- any recruit who verbals or signs with the current school and then signs at the coaches new school, the new school is required to compensate the school for recruitment costs until the player is “on the team”.

If Sprinkle knew he’d be at Washington and recruited a player for Washington while being paid by USU that wouldn’t apply- but that’s damn near fraud.

I don’t fault him for leaving. I don’t fault him for taking some players. But using USU resources to recruit a player that he knows won’t sign at USU in order to recruit for another school- if I did the equivalent for my job, I’d not only be fired but probably sued.

I have seen this argument before, but I don't know how you bind a nonparty to the contract between the parties.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 25th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Get over it. It's happened here, it's happened everywhere else. It happened before and it will happen again. It's the nature of the business. I know it sucks but the way people react here is just ridiculous. The persecution syndrome here is thriving.

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 25th, 2024, 5:35 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:31 pm
Get over it. It's happened here, it's happened everywhere else. It happened before and it will happen again. It's the nature of the business. I know it sucks but the way people react here is just ridiculous. The persecution syndrome here is thriving.
My brother, it’s our 4th coach in six years. Excuses us if we just a little bit tired of this (I can't express myself without swearing). (This doesn’t happen to other 20 win programs in the G5)
These users thanked the author BasketballAgg for the post (total 6):
Section_L_AggieFloridaAggie13cvalPIGSKINAGGIEMrBiggleQanonAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 25th, 2024, 5:50 pm

The fact is that DS never liked it here and wanted out before the season ever started. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that he had buyer's remorse after signing his contract. WELP he got his wish today, no more "boring" Logan for Danny. Write that check and see you never. Byeee.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
AngusAgFloridaAggie13

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

rAggie

Post by rAggie » March 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
No, I don't think I will get over it. It does not happen here. We don't even know if Todd Simon or Tod K. or whoever is going to be our coach, so how could they have been out recruiting for the past month-plus knowing they'd be recruiting to Utah State?

We know that Sprinkle was in deep talks, if not committed, to UW as late as mid-February, and possibly as early as December. At some point he knew he was not going to be coaching here next year and his contract binds him to serving the best interests of this school, not his future school.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 6):
AngusAg2004AGSection_L_AggieFloridaAggie13cvalRabidchild

Showing my True Colors since 2022

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » March 25th, 2024, 5:56 pm

rAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
No, I don't think I will get over it. It does not happen here. We don't even know if Todd Simon or Tod K. or whoever is going to be our coach, so how could they have been out recruiting for the past month-plus knowing they'd be recruiting to Utah State?

We know that Sprinkle was in deep talks, if not committed, to UW as late as mid-February, and possibly as early as December. At some point he knew he was not going to be coaching here next year and his contract binds him to serving the best interests of this school, not his future school.
I don’t think I’ll ever get over Macho Grande.

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 25th, 2024, 6:04 pm

rAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm
Blitz79 wrote:

This.

It was a dick move and we’re right to call him on it.

These type of things should be litigated but they won’t.
These users thanked the author Section_L_Aggie for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13PIGSKINAGGIE

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 25th, 2024, 6:10 pm

FootballAgg wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:35 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
My brother, it’s our 4th coach in six years. Excuses us if we just a little bit tired of this (I can't express myself without swearing). (This doesn’t happen to other 20 win programs in the G5)
I don't think you know the meaning of persecution syndrome, I'm not sure why you think you need to justify his actions. I have no respect for the man, what Danny did was unethical and I hope he fails, it is personal. If you disagree that's fine but don't tell anyone else how to react.
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 5):
Section_L_AggieFloridaAggie13rAggiecvalvegasaggie

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » March 25th, 2024, 6:33 pm

Poor decision on his part chasing the money on the first job offer. He will not have the same success there.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 25th, 2024, 6:36 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:33 pm
Poor decision on his part chasing the money on the first job offer. He will not have the same success there.
If making ~19 million dollars over the next six years is "poor decision making", I'm going to have to start making more poor decisions.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 4):
sam tingeyAggie formerly in HawaiiEndoftheBenchReal Life Aggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 25th, 2024, 6:38 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
It’s not that he left. I don’t mind that he left. Frankly I don’t completely mind that he left and Wynott is potentially following him. At least in that case it seems as if Wynott intended to come to USU to play for Sprinkle.

I mind that he was recruiting a player that wasn’t going to come to USU on behalf of a school that isn’t USU. In no business would that be acceptable and it’s not “persecution complex” to point it out. Imagine that in any other field of work or business.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on March 25th, 2024, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 25th, 2024, 10:18 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:38 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
It’s not that he left. I don’t mind that he left. Frankly I don’t completely mind that he left and Wynott is potentially following him. At least in that case it seems as if Wynott intended to come to USU to play for Sprinkle.

I mind that he was recruiting a player that wasn’t going to come to USU and behalf of a school that isn’t USU. In no business would that be acceptable and it’s not “persecution complex” to it out. Imagine that in any other field of work or business.
This. Anyone can leave my place of employment and go work for a competitor. What they can't do is work for the competitor while they are employed with us. For example, i could not set up my own company and use my work computer and software to start doing work without express permission (which i would not get). I couldn't chase contracts with our customers without getting sued and losing. If Sprinkle was recruiting for UW and it can be proven he should be sued which would end up with him making a lot less money at UW then he would have had he stayed in Logan or more likely Washington will pay twice as much for his services, it would make schools think before contacting a coach mid- season. I know it hasn't been done before but neither had NIL and free transfers. USU would have a chance to win and change the college landscape. It may drive away some potential candidates for it open position but only if they are wanting to recruit for another school while getting paid by USU.

jprism

Post by jprism » March 25th, 2024, 10:23 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:38 pm
Blitz79 wrote:

I mind that he was recruiting a player that wasn’t going to come to USU and behalf of a school that isn’t USU. In no business would that be acceptable and it’s not “persecution complex” to it out. Imagine that in any other field of work or business.
This. Anyone can leave my place of employment and go work for a competitor. What they can't do is work for the competitor while they are employed with us. For example, i could not set up my own company and use my work computer and software to start doing work without express permission (which i would not get). I couldn't chase contracts with our customers without getting sued and losing. If Sprinkle was recruiting for UW and it can be proven he should be sued which would end up with him making a lot less money at UW then he would have had he stayed in Logan or more likely Washington will pay twice as much for his services, it would make schools think before contacting a coach mid- season. I know it hasn't been done before but neither had NIL and free transfers. USU would have a chance to win and change the college landscape. It may drive away some potential candidates for it open position but only if they are wanting to recruit for another school while getting paid by USU.
I agree with you for the most part, in my opinion it’s pretty much fraud to recruit on one universities dime and mislead them, knowing you have every intention of actually building that relationship for when you are at another school. But the odds of that happening are close to 0. The university would see it as too much of a risk because of the optics it would bring. They would perceive that risk to outweigh the reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 25th, 2024, 10:25 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
Lol you were wrong as you often are and long after insiders had accurately said what would happen. Surprised you didn't jump into one of your kooky Marxist rants.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 25th, 2024, 10:28 pm

shoresy wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:36 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
If making ~19 million dollars over the next six years is "poor decision making", I'm going to have to start making more poor decisions.
Yep he had success at Montana state and had success here. He can go make money and if he fails he'll have a ton of money plus will get another mid major job. Bryce drew failed in the sec and is doing just fine in the wac

apo

Post by apo » March 25th, 2024, 10:29 pm

One caveat is he’s giving the university $2.8m. Any time /resources he used has been paid back

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 26th, 2024, 7:43 am

JFWAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:10 pm
FootballAgg wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:35 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
I don't think you know the meaning of persecution syndrome, I'm not sure why you think you need to justify his actions. I have no respect for the man, what Danny did was unethical and I hope he fails, it is personal. If you disagree that's fine but don't tell anyone else how to react.
But it's OK if you do???
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 26th, 2024, 2:08 pm

Man, some folk on here are getting so triggered about the free market. Apparently they aren't as freedom-loving as they claim.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » March 26th, 2024, 3:14 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:Man, some folk on here are getting so triggered about the free market. Apparently they aren't as freedom-loving as they claim.
That’s a stretch to make that sort of connection and a straw man at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 26th, 2024, 3:18 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 2:08 pm
Man, some folk on here are getting so triggered about the free market. Apparently they aren't as freedom-loving as they claim.
Free markets are inherently self-regulating, especially in the form of contracts that protect property, both intellectual and physical.

Sprinkle the Clown, on our dime, recruited HS players for his next gig. Free markets don't allow that.

Right now, the college NIL landscape is devoid of anything like this. It's not even free markets, it's simply chaos.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic