Falslev will be entering the portal

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdotcom

Re: Falslev will be entering the portal

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 26th, 2024, 10:11 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 7:55 am
GordoAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 5:26 am
Mason is not an NBA player. He’s not wild about living overseas. He’s gonna make as much NIL $$ as he can the next 3-4 whatever seasons he has left before he takes over the family turf field installation business. He was thinking ahead before Danny.
So wait — the plan is to break Cache Valley’s heart for 3-4 years of NIL money and then spend the next 40 years trying to run a business in Cache Valley? One might pre-suppose that being able to say “hey, it’s me Mason Falslev, the guy that led your Aggies to 4 NCAA tournaments and a Sweet 16, buy your field turf from me today” might have quite a bit more value over a 40 year career than whatever the difference in NIL money he could get somewhere else versus at USU over the next 3 years.
Is the family field turf business that busy and exclusive to CV? lol. I don't think that is a factor. at. all. Are the 2 local school district business administrators going to pay an out of state company double to replace their turf every 12 years just because someone transferred from the local University?
But maybe that gives him motivation to go to BYU or Utah...there are so many more high schools in those areas that would some day buy his families field turf.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 26th, 2024, 10:15 am

They work all over the intermountain west. It aint a small gig.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 26th, 2024, 10:22 am

aggiesdotcom wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:11 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Mason is not an NBA player. He’s not wild about living overseas. He’s gonna make as much NIL $$ as he can the next 3-4 whatever seasons he has left before he takes over the family turf field installation business. He was thinking ahead before Danny.
So wait — the plan is to break Cache Valley’s heart for 3-4 years of NIL money and then spend the next 40 years trying to run a business in Cache Valley? One might pre-suppose that being able to say “hey, it’s me Mason Falslev, the guy that led your Aggies to 4 NCAA tournaments and a Sweet 16, buy your field turf from me today” might have quite a bit more value over a 40 year career than whatever the difference in NIL money he could get somewhere else versus at USU over the next 3 years.
Is the family field turf business that busy and exclusive to CV? lol. I don't think that is a factor. at. all. Are the 2 local school district business administrators going to pay an out of state company double to replace their turf every 12 years just because someone transferred from the local University?
But maybe that gives him motivation to go to BYU or Utah...there are so many more high schools in those areas that would some day buy his families field turf.
Regardless of Cache Valley or not, it's going to be hit or miss what schools have decision makers that are Aggies and who has Utes or cougars or anyone else has decision makers. Even the current superintendent of the Logan school district, while being a good guy, is a cougar. But the superintendent in Vernal for example is an Aggie.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 26th, 2024, 10:26 am

GordoAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:15 am
They work all over the intermountain west. It aint a small gig.
Precisely.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 26th, 2024, 10:29 am

not to be a board nanny but i really wish we wouldn't take the players' decisions personally.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 4):
GreenAgMadmartigantwentytwocactusReal Life Aggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2024, 10:29 am

twentytwocactus wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 8:57 am
3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 11:54 am
Johnson may stay. The rest are gone.

I just hope Falslev doesn't go to BYU, although I expect that's where he'll end up.
everyone tells me that he hates BYU so i have no idea why anyone would ever think he would jump ship like that.
The eternal fear of having our guys jump ship for there the first chance they get. I don't think for a second that Mason will end up at byu.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2024, 10:30 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:29 am
not to be a board nanny but i really wish we wouldn't take the players' decisions personally.
Board Nanny. :)
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AndroidAggieReal Life Aggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 26th, 2024, 10:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:30 am
AndroidAggie wrote:
Board Nanny. :)
yeah i deserve that. :cry:
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
aggies22

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » March 26th, 2024, 10:42 am

This is happening at too many schools, it is insanity. This stuff makes me want to quit following college hoops.
These users thanked the author Jjoey52 for the post:
MrBiggle

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 26th, 2024, 10:46 am

Jjoey52 wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:42 am
This is happening at too many schools, it is insanity. This stuff makes me want to quit following college hoops.
We all say/think this every year. Then once the season starts, we're following the team again and hoping for the best.

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 26th, 2024, 10:48 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
Your good looking, wife material, legacy girlfriend just left you for an ugly mug man with a bigger wallet, even though you offer more support and a stable income, she left you.

I’d take that personally, and that feels like what is happening at USU basketball.
These users thanked the author BasketballAgg for the post:
FloridaAggie13

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 26th, 2024, 10:50 am

Depends on what kind of $upport is more important. When it comes to work, it generally starts with $ rather than S.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

CastIronAggie

Post by CastIronAggie » March 26th, 2024, 11:05 am

Aggie702 wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:46 am
Jjoey52 wrote:
We all say/think this every year. Then once the season starts, we're following the team again and hoping for the best.
Yes, but each year I end up following later and less closely and go to fewer games. It takes longer to get interest in brand new guys than to get excited about ones that have been here a couple years. If it's a business transaction only then that's fine but it does away with the kids gloves. These are professional athletes and coaches. Feels like cheering for G-League sometimes.
These users thanked the author CastIronAggie for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13USUaggieSaintAggie

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » March 26th, 2024, 11:22 am

All of you saying "he's local, Usu is HIS team, he loves living in the valley, yada yada yada" Did you forget he didn't even sign with us out of HS?? he was planning on going to the U. Dude has no problem not being at Usu or in the valley.
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post (total 2):
GordoAggieMrBiggle

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 26th, 2024, 11:29 am

FootballAgg wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 10:48 am
Your good looking, wife material, legacy girlfriend just left you for an ugly mug man with a bigger wallet, even though you offer more support and a stable income, she left you.

I’d take that personally, and that feels like what is happening at USU basketball.
that's just not how i see it, which is probably why i don't take it personally.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
Madmartigan

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 26th, 2024, 11:36 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:29 am
FootballAgg wrote:

Perspective- this is college basketball and while I enjoy it and love Aggie basketball, it is purely for entertainment after all.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
AndroidAggie

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » March 26th, 2024, 11:44 am

Madmartigan wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:36 am
AndroidAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:29 am
FootballAgg wrote:

Perspective- this is college basketball and while I enjoy it and love Aggie basketball, it is purely for entertainment after all.
This is just entertainment. But one big reason I have chosen THIS as a main source of entertainment instead of thousands of other things is the way I feel connected to the team and school. I refer to USU as my team or our team all of the time. It is getting harder to enjoy as the "team/players" are less and less connected to the school. It's quickly feeling more like the NBA, which I lost interest in a very long time ago. That being said, this year showed that I can still have an amazing time watching and supporting our aggies with so much turnover and a lack of commitment to the school. Just going to have a different look/feel to it.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 26th, 2024, 11:47 am

2004AG wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:30 pm
shoresy wrote:
LuLu wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 8:21 pm
Mason was the kid I was most excited about. He has a high motor, finished well and was developing a very nice unblockable outside shot. Kid will be amazing by the time he is a senior. College athletics are becoming dead to me. Forget the years where Cinderella could crash the party because small schools will NEVER have elite seniors again.
All the more reason to support some of the "smaller" teams at USU.

Volleyball has won back-to-back-to-back MW titles and kept their coach and most players with several four-year players. Soccer won the MW and COTY Manny Martins isn't going anywhere, neither are his stars. Men's tennis has built a bit of a dynasty.

I see people saying NIL ruined college sports all the time, and it's not entirely true. They're just not watching the right sports.
I could watch badminton too because there isn’t a transfer portal and NIL but it’s not a sport I care to watch.

The reason people care about football and basketball is because they are the best sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well… by this reasoning you may want to start watching soccer, as many more people on this planet consider it the best sport.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 26th, 2024, 11:48 am

tysteve20 wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:22 am
All of you saying "he's local, Usu is HIS team, he loves living in the valley, yada yada yada" Did you forget he didn't even sign with us out of HS?? he was planning on going to the U. Dude has no problem not being at Usu or in the valley.
He was tricked the first time. Mistake of youth. He’s wiser now

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 26th, 2024, 12:44 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
GordoAggie wrote:
Awesome post, Mason is one who could benefit wildly from staying. Not only would more local companies sponsor him due to the local connection but if he wants to run the family business no better way to set your self up with connections is being a legend on the Aggie basketball team. Seems really short sighted to want to leave for NIL but then come back and run the family business.

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » March 26th, 2024, 12:47 pm

CastIronAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:05 am
Aggie702 wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:
Yes, but each year I end up following later and less closely and go to fewer games. It takes longer to get interest in brand new guys than to get excited about ones that have been here a couple years. If it's a business transaction only then that's fine but it does away with the kids gloves. These are professional athletes and coaches. Feels like cheering for G-League sometimes.
Exactly! I used to sit on the west side chairbacks, row 6 for football. Last year I moved to the upper east side. A few years ago I was on row 10 for basketball, but the last few years my seats are in the nose bleed section. The appeal of collage athletics is dropping for me. If it weren't for the great sucess we have had this last dozen years the "once the season starts" effect would have been much smaller.

Additionally, besides the product, I don't think public universities should be involved in professional sports. I don't know how this divorce happens, but it should.
These users thanked the author USUaggie for the post (total 6):
ViAggieAggie in BoiseCastIronAggieFloridaAggie13NEAggieflying_scotsman2.0

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » March 26th, 2024, 1:07 pm

USUaggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 12:47 pm
CastIronAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 11:05 am
Aggie702 wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:
Exactly! I used to sit on the west side chairbacks, row 6 for football. Last year I moved to the upper east side. A few years ago I was on row 10 for basketball, but the last few years my seats are in the nose bleed section. The appeal of collage athletics is dropping for me. If it weren't for the great sucess we have had this last dozen years the "once the season starts" effect would have been much smaller.

Additionally, besides the product, I don't think public universities should be involved in professional sports. I don't know how this divorce happens, but it should.
Fan apathy is the biggest risk to “college” sports. No fans no sports. Sure a few big teams will survive but many will not at least at the financial levels we are headed to. Also system wide revenue will drop. The care factor is circling the drain. The thing is less people care today than last Friday.
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Section_L_Aggie

#hornsup!

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 26th, 2024, 1:35 pm

aggies22 wrote:
twentytwocactus wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

I just hope Falslev doesn't go to BYU, although I expect that's where he'll end up.
everyone tells me that he hates BYU so i have no idea why anyone would ever think he would jump ship like that.
The eternal fear of having our guys jump ship for there the first chance they get. I don't think for a second that Mason will end up at byu.
No news is good news. Get the new coach in a fast as possible so he can convince them to stay.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 26th, 2024, 1:37 pm

Ike's doing alright in Logan. No reason Mason can't do the same.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Aggie84025

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 26th, 2024, 1:41 pm

I hope Mason stays and I freaking love his style of play and that he is an Aggie but he is NOT an NBA player. He is one of my favorites for sure but don’t kid yourself about him being an NBA guy.

Many said the same things about Bean and some here said he would get drafted..

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 26th, 2024, 1:55 pm

FootballAgg wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:

I'm afraid you must not be as good looking as you think you are. Your stable income is nothing compared to to other guys income. Your opinion matters squat because your ex is going to do what is best for her and she thinks the ugly mug man is a hottie.

You are hurt because of it, but it's not you, its her.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 26th, 2024, 2:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
twentytwocactus wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Not that I think it's likely Mason would head to the U, but haven't you indicated in the past that it's not a coincidence that Mason wasn't committed to USU when Smith was here, or to Utah when Smith went there? The decision seemed to be more about Rylan, but was there anything with Coach Smith that Mason was less than thrilled by?

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 26th, 2024, 2:50 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 9:07 am
twentytwocactus wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

So did Zach Wilson growing up as a Utah fan.
Yeah but the Utes didn't have enough Cougars. I'm thinking Mason isn't into the same things that Zach is.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 26th, 2024, 3:01 pm

I don't see Falslev's name in the portal.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2024, 4:20 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 2:43 pm
aggies22 wrote:
twentytwocactus wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Not that I think it's likely Mason would head to the U, but haven't you indicated in the past that it's not a coincidence that Mason wasn't committed to USU when Smith was here, or to Utah when Smith went there? The decision seemed to be more about Rylan, but was there anything with Coach Smith that Mason was less than thrilled by?
I think it was more a Rylan and Chris Jones thing.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 26th, 2024, 4:23 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2024, 3:01 pm
I don't see Falslev's name in the portal.
The title of the post didn't say, "Falslev has entered the portal," but rather, "will be entering the portal," and it will only be for technical reasons; he doesn't need to enter until he's ready to announce his departure.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 26th, 2024, 5:00 pm

I love Mason's game, and my son loves watching "Teacher Mason" make plays—especially dunks.

If Mason leaves to greener pa$ture$, I couldn't find it in myself to blame him. All this frustration with the system gets directed to the athletes, which isn't fair. I would love to see all the guys from this team back in Aggie Blue, Fighting White, and pewter for the next season. But, they need to do what's best for them. I support the freedom athletes now have in transferring, but the current state of NIL is a bit worrying.

Until things get sorted out, or until we all adapt to the system, the players will be treated like this is their fault. We can be better than that. I plan to cheer for former Aggies on (almost) whichever team they end up on, though I certainly won't care like I do now. I look forward to getting to see the awesome roster we have for next year. Hopefully that includes Mason and some of these other guys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic