PRIORITIES

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
spud

PRIORITIES

Post by spud » March 24th, 2024, 10:28 pm

There has to be more to life than

There has to be more to life than Aggie Basketball. Help me! I'm in the portal to find it. Suggestions please?

Bullnamed_gus

Re: PRIORITIES

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 24th, 2024, 10:29 pm

The Sandlot forum will set you free

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 24th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Game of thrones is pretty good until the last season

CastIronAggie

Post by CastIronAggie » March 24th, 2024, 10:46 pm

I’ve heard good things about cocaine

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 24th, 2024, 10:54 pm

You could take up bonsai. I hear it's relaxing.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » March 24th, 2024, 10:55 pm

Golf
It is as bitter sweet as Aggie athletics

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » March 24th, 2024, 10:56 pm

There's still the Jazz! (Do not follow the Jazz the rest of this year if you value your mental sanity)

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » March 24th, 2024, 10:57 pm

stewusu98 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:55 pm
Golf
It is as bitter sweet as Aggie athletics
Masters is in a couple weeks!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 24th, 2024, 10:57 pm

If you enjoy feeling the pain of Aggie athletics year round then you could join me as an Angels fan. Other things that I enjoy are LEGO (except when I step on them) and rollercoasters (except when they try and give me a concussion).

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 24th, 2024, 11:10 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:54 pm
You could take up bonsai. I hear it's relaxing.
That's a long game commitment

Eutaw St. Aggie

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

PRIORITIES

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 24th, 2024, 11:10 pm

Brandon Sanderson novels. He always delivers and does it multiple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
BiocatAgReal Life Aggie

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 24th, 2024, 11:15 pm

spud wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:28 pm

There has to be more to life than Aggie Basketball. Help me! I'm in the portal to find it. Suggestions please?
There's the byu spring football game coming up. I hear they got a new walmart and chuck-a-rama near the stadium.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 24th, 2024, 11:16 pm

ToastedFlakes52 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:56 pm
There's still the Jazz! (Do not follow the Jazz the rest of this year if you value your mental sanity)
And it's easy for us that are Aggie fans and either aren't Jazz fans or that put minimal emotion into the Jazz, to get excited about Sam Merrill proving the Jazz wrong to pass on him. Imagine how it feels to be someone more hardcore into the Jazz and more casual about the Aggies(or not a fan of the Aggies) deal with the fact that Sam lit them up!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 25th, 2024, 6:49 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 11:10 pm
Being prolific ain't necessarily a good thing.

I occasionally look at the banks of bodice ripper literature. Lots of the same people writing the same story with the same characters and the same plot lines over and over and over. Wait a minute. Maybe that was Hallmark movies.

Never mind.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 25th, 2024, 6:57 am

USU78 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:49 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I occasionally look at the banks of bodice ripper literature. Lots of the same people writing the same story with the same characters and the same plot lines over and over and over. Wait a minute. Maybe that was Hallmark movies.

Never mind.
Wall street tycoon moves to a small town to take care of his ailing mother and meets a grounded, beautiful and intelligent young woman exactly his same age who has spent her whole life in the same town as a caring, empathetic veterinarian who accepts late payments and doesn't charge the little old lady who brings in her pet duck every few months - because it just wouldn't be the right thing to do causing Wall street guy to have an epiphany that there is more to life than $$ and prestige so he quits Wall street to stay and marry the young lass.

Was it that one?
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
aggies22USU78

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 25th, 2024, 7:00 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 6:57 am
USU78 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Never mind.
Wall street tycoon moves to a small town to take care of his ailing mother and meets a grounded, beautiful and intelligent young woman exactly his same age who has spent her whole life in the same town as a caring, empathetic veterinarian who accepts late payments and doesn't charge the little old lady who brings in her pet duck every few months - because it just wouldn't be the right thing to do causing Wall street guy to have an epiphany that there is more to life than $$ and prestige so he quits Wall street to stay and marry the young lass.

Was it that one?
In our particular circumstance, I wish life was like a Hallmark movie…..
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
FloridaAggie13

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 25th, 2024, 7:12 am

bluegrouse wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:00 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Never mind.

Was it that one?
Or Hoosiers instead of Blue Chips.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseFloridaAggie13

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 25th, 2024, 7:50 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get that byu crap out of here
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 3):
Bullnamed_gusUSU78FloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » March 25th, 2024, 7:56 am

bluegrouse wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Never mind.

Was it that one?
Ben grew up in Logan cheering on USU, but in the end couldn't pass up on the opportunity to play for Kansas, leaving his high school sweetheart (Jenny) behind because she wouldn't leave the valley she loves. He was injured in the NCAA championship game during his freshman year and was never able to play competitively again. Instead, Ben started coaching and is now the top assistant coach at KU. Comes back to the Logan in the offseason to clean out his late parents' house and sell it, but while sorting through everything he runs into Jenny, who is now a tenured professor at USU (and somehow made it through the LDS singles wards without getting married). They hit it off again and start spending time together. There's an outdoor festival in there somewhere (probably Summerfest), and they finally admit to themselves that they're still in love. Meanwhile, the coach at KU decides to retire and our young protagonist is the top candidate to coach the Jayhawks. He doesn't tell Jenny because the school is vetting other candidates, but then she sees a tweet from Goodman saying Ben has already accepted the job (when it still hasn't been offered). Jenny confronts Ben about him leaving her all over again and storms off in a huff before he can explain. Danny Sprinkle takes the job at Washington and Ben is offered the job at USU, but KU calls to offer him the position in Lawrence, as well. In the end, Ben chooses love, takes the USU job and Jenny realizes he did it for her. One year later, they're happily married and Ben takes USU to the Sweet Sixteen. Bigger programs come to poach him, but he signs a long-term contract at USU and says he's never leaving.

Okay, maybe I've seen a few too many Hallmark movies with my wife...
These users thanked the author BiocatAg for the post (total 4):
HootslcaggFloridaAggie13aggies22

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 25th, 2024, 8:00 am

BiocatAg wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:56 am
bluegrouse wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Never mind.

Was it that one?
Ben grew up in Logan cheering on USU, but in the end couldn't pass up on the opportunity to play for Kansas, leaving his high school sweetheart (Jenny) behind because she wouldn't leave the valley she loves. He was injured in the NCAA championship game during his freshman year and was never able to play competitively again. Instead, Ben started coaching and is now the top assistant coach at KU. Comes back to the Logan in the offseason to clean out his late parents' house and sell it, but while sorting through everything he runs into Jenny, who is now a tenured professor at USU (and somehow made it through the LDS singles wards without getting married). They hit it off again and start spending time together. There's an outdoor festival in there somewhere (probably Summerfest), and they finally admit to themselves that they're still in love. Meanwhile, the coach at KU decides to retire and our young protagonist is the top candidate to coach the Jayhawks. He doesn't tell Jenny because the school is vetting other candidates, but then she sees a tweet from Goodman saying Ben has already accepted the job (when it still hasn't been offered). Jenny confronts Ben about him leaving her all over again and storms off in a huff before he can explain. Danny Sprinkle takes the job at Washington and Ben is offered the job at USU, but KU calls to offer him the position in Lawrence, as well. In the end, Ben chooses love, takes the USU job and Jenny realizes he did it for her. One year later, they're happily married and Ben takes USU to the Sweet Sixteen. Bigger programs come to poach him, but he signs a long-term contract at USU and says he's never leaving.

Post credit scene: At the end of a 12-20 season at UW, Danny Sprinkle sits alone in an empty seattle bar. “The Sound of Silence” plays as the camera slowly zooms in on his face, eventually fading into the darkness of one of his pupils.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 25th, 2024, 8:14 am

Hoot wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 8:00 am
BiocatAg wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:56 am
bluegrouse wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Never mind.

Was it that one?

Post credit scene: At the end of a 12-20 season at UW, Danny Sprinkle sits alone in an empty seattle bar. “The Sound of Silence” plays as the camera slowly zooms in on his face, eventually fading into the darkness of one of his pupils.
As UW implodes into a dumpster fire, Sprinkle has his come to Jesus moment:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic