And now we wait…

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FeartheFro

Re: And now we wait…

Post by FeartheFro » March 24th, 2024, 5:07 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:[mention]aggies22[/mention] is the crown jewel of our community, but I still haven’t forgiven him for whiffing on the Craig Smith to Utah news. Probably never will, I’ll go to my grave with it. My tombstone will simply say, “Betrayed by aggies22.”
When it comes to depth charts, players visiting, transfers and general day to day activity there is NO ONE on the board that has more insight. When it comes to things like new AD’s and coaches, there are other sources out there that are more connected. It an insult in any manner, just reality. Aggies22 also has the disadvantage of having to honor sources. Everyone knows who he is. He jumps the gun on something and he’s done. Others on here have the pleasure of no one knowing who they are and don’t have to worry about repercussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 4):
apo2004AG3rdGenAggieaggies22

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 5:09 pm

Does anyone have a flight tracker app? It would be interesting to see the commercial flights tonight from Indy > SLC and the private flights from Indy > UW.

Once he leaves, it's out of sight, out of mind. I won't blame him for taking the money, but I hope he fails the same way Smith and Odom did after they used us as a springboard.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
2004AG3rdGenAggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 24th, 2024, 5:15 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:09 pm
Does anyone have a flight tracker app? It would be interesting to see the commercial flights tonight from Indy > SLC and the private flights from Indy > UW.

Once he leaves, it's out of sight, out of mind. I won't blame him for taking the money, but I hope he fails the same way Smith and Odom did after they used us as a springboard.
I mean, big difference is that he won us an outright conference title and a tourney game.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 24th, 2024, 5:18 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Not me. I will be a fan for life.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 5:20 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:15 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

I mean, big difference is that he won us an outright conference title and a tourney game.
So? He said all the right things last April to endear himself to the fanbase and make sure he got the support needed at the Spectrum. Like I said, I don't begrudge him for taking more money but if he was being honest last year, he would double his salary and stay. UW isn't the basketball culture he said he's looking for.

If he doesn't want to be here, so be it. He can move on and be one of the coaches Matt Painter (Purdue) referred to who takes the huge $$$ to move up and then is miserable.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Zaggie07

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 5:22 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:18 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Not me. I will be a fan for life.
Not me.

If he stayed and did it again a few more years, maybe adding a Sweet 16 run, then yes. But he's taken the mercenary approach so when he moves on, so will I.

GaAggie

Post by GaAggie » March 24th, 2024, 5:23 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

The team charter flight is scheduled to arrive in Logan around 8:15pm
These users thanked the author GaAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » March 24th, 2024, 5:24 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

This is true, and I’ll always be thankful to Danny for what he has done here (so far). If/when he leaves, I won’t cheer for him at his next stop. I selfishly hope they all fail with the hope that some day a future coach will realize how good they have it at USU and won’t automatically jump for a “$exier” job. Is that petty of me? Maybe it is. But I don’t have enough time or goodwill to spend on all of these coaches that don’t want to be at USU.
These users thanked the author BiocatAg for the post (total 2):
cval3rdGenAggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 24th, 2024, 5:25 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:20 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

So? He said all the right things last April to endear himself to the fanbase and make sure he got the support needed at the Spectrum. Like I said, I don't begrudge him for taking more money but if he was being honest last year, he would double his salary and stay. UW isn't the basketball culture he said he's looking for.

If he doesn't want to be here, so be it. He can move on and be one of the coaches Matt Painter (Purdue) referred to who takes the huge $$$ to move up and then is miserable.
Of the three coaches that have left, he’s done the most for our program. USU did more for Smith and Odom than they did for USU. In Sprinkle’s case the transaction is at least even. No ill will about him getting his bag somewhere else.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
MrBiggle

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » March 24th, 2024, 5:28 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 3:23 pm
Honestly, if we can get a new coach hired quickly and get at least Falslev, Johnson, and Jackson committed to staying we’d be miles ahead of where we were last year.

Take whatever donor money was going to the Sprink extension and reallocate it as NIL money to hold onto as many of the “keeper” players as possible.
That seems wise. It would be nice to have payouts happen after the point when the when athletes cannot transfer.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 5:34 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:25 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:20 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Of the three coaches that have left, he’s done the most for our program. USU did more for Smith and Odom than they did for USU. In Sprinkle’s case the transaction is at least even. No ill will about him getting his bag somewhere else.
I like Sprinkle, so don't take this wrong, but the program was coming off four* NCAA and one NIT appearances in the last five years. Smith took over a program that was tepid and floundering after Stew began just cashing his check and Duryea ran it off the rails with no post season showings. Sprinkle at least had something to show prospective players where Smith didn't. Sprinkle is better than Smith, but I don't see this as being 'even' as he will gut the team while taking the best recruits with him. We absolutely will not repeat what we did this year if we have to start from scratch again.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
ChowderAggie

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » March 24th, 2024, 6:08 pm

nothing that we have not heard before but …

https://realdawghuskies.com/sources-was ... all-coach/

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 24th, 2024, 6:21 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Well said. Just like politicians, I refuse to believe that there is not a coach out there than is truthful when they say they love USU, win and stay long term.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 6:32 pm

pcaggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 6:08 pm
nothing that we have not heard before but …

https://realdawghuskies.com/sources-was ... all-coach/
That is one of the worst AI generated articles I've ever read.

DCAggie24

Post by DCAggie24 » March 24th, 2024, 6:41 pm

I won’t say who for obvious reasons of this person still being employed by another university. This also shouldn’t come as a surprise but I’m more saying this to give confidence that USU is ready for whatever next step they need to take.

A sitting assistant coach has been having “exploratory” conversations with USU for “almost two months.” He wants the job and him and USU have been talking 1-2 times a week over those two months unofficially gauging interest. They have been having open dialogue about the fluid situation and the ever changing landscape over those two months. I have not spoken to him since conference tourney week began(he has been busy) but he had not been told (at that point) of where he stood other than mutual interest.
He was told that USU was having these same conversations with a number of people and some have been weeded out due to lack of interest on either side.
So it would be my assumption that there should be a quick turnaround once the dominos fall.
These users thanked the author DCAggie24 for the post (total 6):
trevordudeAggie84025FloridaAggie13cval3rdGenAggiePGaggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 24th, 2024, 6:48 pm

DCAggie24 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 6:41 pm
I won’t say who for obvious reasons of this person still being employed by another university. This also shouldn’t come as a surprise but I’m more saying this to give confidence that USU is ready for whatever next step they need to take.

A sitting assistant coach has been having “exploratory” conversations with USU for “almost two months.” He wants the job and him and USU have been talking 1-2 times a week over those two months unofficially gauging interest. They have been having open dialogue about the fluid situation and the ever changing landscape over those two months. I have not spoken to him since conference tourney week began(he has been busy) but he had not been told (at that point) of where he stood other than mutual interest.
He was told that USU was having these same conversations with a number of people and some have been weeded out due to lack of interest on either side.
So it would be my assumption that there should be a quick turnaround once the dominos fall.
I hope the only sitting assistant coaches we consider are the ones on the current staff unless it’s a really unique situation.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
bigblue32

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 24th, 2024, 6:53 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
DCAggie24 wrote:

I hope the only sitting assistant coaches we consider are the ones on the current staff unless it’s a really unique situation.
I don’t think it’s fair to shut out every assistant except our own. Look at Tommy Lloyd at AZ. The guy was at Gonzaga for 20 years and I’ll bet he is at AZ till he retires. Our Painter is out there!!!!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 24th, 2024, 7:16 pm

If you were a player:

Would you wait around to see who will be the next coach at USU and where you might fit in his plans? Or;

Would you get your name or there right away and find a program that wants you and you know where you fit in?
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
AngusAg

Eutaw St. Aggie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » March 24th, 2024, 7:19 pm

DCAggie24 wrote:

This is true. USU has been preparing for this for about a month. We are not unprepared. Lots of interest and positioning for the job by coaches for awhile now.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
bluegrouse

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 24th, 2024, 7:19 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:16 pm
If you were a player:

Would you wait around to see who will be the next coach at USU and where you might fit in his plans? Or;

Would you get your name or there right away and find a program that wants you and you know where you fit in?
I would put my name out there to see where I fit and gauge interest while I'm gauging where I fit with the new coach. They are not mutually exclusive.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
bluegrouse

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 24th, 2024, 7:21 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 6:53 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
DCAggie24 wrote:

I don’t think it’s fair to shut out every assistant except our own. Look at Tommy Lloyd at AZ. The guy was at Gonzaga for 20 years and I’ll bet he is at AZ till he retires. Our Painter is out there!!!!

Painter and Lloyd are at terminal top-tier places. Top tier coaches will leave lower tier programs to reach the highest positions available. It sucks but that’s the reality of our situation.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2024, 7:28 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 5:00 pm
@aggies22 is the crown jewel of our community, but I still haven’t forgiven him for whiffing on the Craig Smith to Utah news. Probably never will, I’ll go to my grave with it. My tombstone will simply say, “Betrayed by aggies22.”
My apologies for letting you down my Aggie brother.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:32 pm

Yossarian wrote:
If you were a player:

Have to play the game as it is laid out unfortunately. My name would have been in the portal five minutes after the final buzzer sounded today, especially knowing my coach already had his bags packed.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 3):
SaintAggietrevordudeAggie in Boise

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » March 24th, 2024, 8:19 pm

:(

Wow, I didn’t know Washington had such deep pockets.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 24th, 2024, 8:48 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:32 pm
Yossarian wrote:
If you were a player:

Have to play the game as it is laid out unfortunately. My name would have been in the portal five minutes after the final buzzer sounded today, especially knowing my coach already had his bags packed.
Florida...do you have any happy moments?

thrashsoundly

Post by thrashsoundly » March 24th, 2024, 8:51 pm

Agezzz wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 8:48 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
If you were a player:

There's a subscription fee for that.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 24th, 2024, 8:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:28 pm
@aggies22 is the crown jewel of our community, but I still haven’t forgiven him for whiffing on the Craig Smith to Utah news. Probably never will, I’ll go to my grave with it. My tombstone will simply say, “Betrayed by aggies22.”
Forgiven. You hearing anything on this one @aggies22 ?

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 24th, 2024, 8:58 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 8:56 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays quiet. Even if he did have a decent idea of what was going to happen.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
aggies22

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 8:58 pm

Agezzz wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 8:48 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
If you were a player:

Hard to tell; what with the conflicting voices in my head :thumbsup:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2024, 9:14 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Because this one is so emotionally charged, I'm not saying anything until I'm am 100% certain one way or the other. I may not be first but I'll make sure I'm right.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
bluegrouseAggies1888cvalFloridaAggie13vegasaggieEngineeringAggiejackattack

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 24th, 2024, 9:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 9:14 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Because this one is so emotionally charged, I'm not saying anything until I'm am 100% certain one way or the other. I may not be first but I'll make sure I'm right.
Fair enough. Thank you :cheers:
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
aggies22

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 24th, 2024, 9:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Appreciate that you don't run with every crumb of info you receive.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2024, 9:18 pm

usufan1 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 9:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Appreciate that you don't run with every crumb of info you receive.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk
At this time last year if I ran with what I was fed, Nate Dixon would be our coach.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
bigblue32Section_L_AggieToastedFlakes52FloridaAggie13

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Post by JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) » March 24th, 2024, 10:37 pm

My wife and I just saw and talked to USU staff and Mason Falslev. Danny Sprinkle is gone to Washington for sure. In addition to the money, Coach Sprinkle REALLY wants to start a family of his own. THE END.
These users thanked the author JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) for the post:
travelingagg

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 24th, 2024, 11:23 pm

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 10:37 pm
My wife and I just saw and talked to USU staff and Mason Falslev. Danny Sprinkle is gone to Washington for sure. In addition to the money, Coach Sprinkle REALLY wants to start a family of his own. THE END.
I appreciate you coming to the party with info from a real source.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
travelingagg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic