Disrespect?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieFBObsession

Disrespect?

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 13th, 2024, 6:46 am

A lot of disrespect from media/YouTubers.

These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

Dkdavis

Re: Disrespect?

Post by Dkdavis » March 13th, 2024, 7:19 am

More fuel for the fire!
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 13th, 2024, 7:34 am

(I can't express myself without swearing) em. Post it in the locker room.
These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 13th, 2024, 8:20 am

Can someone tell me the timestamps where the disrespect starts? I started listening to two of the vids and 5 minutes in I’m not hearing anything that sounds like disrespect.

The fact of the matter is, our program won’t get its flowers until it wins in March. Frankly, I don’t want anyone giving us flowers until we get that monkey off our backs.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
gomretat88USUAggieMetsJetsAggiesChowderAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 13th, 2024, 8:29 am

I listened to a lot of the three videos. I didn't hear anything particularly disrespectful. In fact, if anyone finds that disrespectful, we should all consider ourselves disrespectful as well.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 13th, 2024, 9:11 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 8:20 am
Can someone tell me the timestamps where the disrespect starts? I started listening to two of the vids and 5 minutes in I’m not hearing anything that sounds like disrespect.

The fact of the matter is, our program won’t get its flowers until it wins in March. Frankly, I don’t want anyone giving us flowers until we get that monkey off our backs.
You don't think it's disrespectful of Utah State's MWC regular season title when they talk about how we played the "weakest conference schedule in the MWC"? I'm not really surprised that they don't pick us to win the tournament. No fault in that. They're allowed to be homers.

However, we did win AT UNLV and, yes, Nevada won in Logan, but who's to say we wouldn't have won in Reno? Boise State and Nevada split their series with each team winning on the road. It's not like Utah State is like SDSU who couldn't win on the road against one of the better MWC teams.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 13th, 2024, 9:13 am

Is it true? Did we set up the schedule to benefit ourselves? Do we have any control over it?

The guy on the UNR video made that statement that we are the champs. We played the games we had on our schedule. I don't find those comments disrespectful at all.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
MrBigglesl7hk

gomretat

Post by gomretat » March 13th, 2024, 9:15 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 8:20 am

Amen.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 13th, 2024, 9:16 am

NVAggie wrote:Is it true? Did we set up the schedule to benefit ourselves? Do we have any control over it?

The guy on the UNR video made that statement that we are the champs. We played the games we had on our schedule. I don't find those comments disrespectful at all.
You probably don’t think the refs are out to get us either, yet you call yourself an Aggie Fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieToastedFlakes52

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 13th, 2024, 9:16 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 9:13 am
Is it true? Did we set up the schedule to benefit ourselves? Do we have any control over it?

I thought he was playing on the fence with that issue, which isn't all that respectful. You know full well that most places around the MWC are going to put an asterisk on this MWC regular season title.

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 13th, 2024, 9:20 am

The guy specifically said there isn't an asterisk by this championship. No one will even think about it a year from now. We will look up at that banner and still remember this awesome season. They only discussed it because Alford made the comment. For a Nevada Sports Network youtube video, I would have expected far worse than someone playing on the fence (although I would argue that a bit).

stwinward

Post by stwinward » March 13th, 2024, 9:22 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 9:20 am
The guy specifically said there isn't an asterisk by this championship. No one will even think about it a year from now. We will look up at that banner and still remember this awesome season. They only discussed it because Alford made the comment. For a Nevada Sports Network youtube video, I would have expected far worse than someone playing on the fence (although I would argue that a bit).
And yet they don't gripe that Nevada only played the eventual champs one time on the way to the 2 seed. Maybe we both benefitted one another.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 13th, 2024, 9:22 am

Also wanted to add that Rocco has the Aggies as a 7 seed. After he went through the entire selection process and they had the Aggies as a 6 seed, why would he have them as a 7 seed after winning in Logan against UNM?

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 13th, 2024, 9:28 am

stwinward wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 9:22 am
NVAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 9:20 am
And yet they don't gripe that Nevada only played the eventual champs one time on the way to the 2 seed. Maybe we both benefitted one another.
I don't disagree. I believe the second video made that comment roughly. They talked about the better teams being able to avoid a bad loss with the conference scheduling that has been used. They also talked about USU losing a coach and not having any points returning from the previous season. We didn't set up the schedule, but we weren't seen as a threat. It only matters because we shocked the conference and had a great season.

Let them have their hypotheticals. I am happy that USU gets the banner.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
stwinwardChowderAggie

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 13th, 2024, 9:33 am

All hypotheticals are meaningless when THE Utah State University won the title outright.
With that being said, I still feel like we have to prove ourselves in this tournament. I do not think we are the favorite to win it, hopefully the team is focus on Wyoming.

Where only sage brush grows

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 13th, 2024, 10:06 am

At this point, the only thing that matters is winning in the NCAA tournament. A few wins in that tournament will overshadow anything we do in the MWC tournament. We have locked ourselves into the NCAA, now we must win. I will trade a win in the NCAA for a loss to Wyoming.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 13th, 2024, 11:56 am

Let them talk i just hope the aggies are working hard to make a conference tourney run. Nothing better than not saying anything and then winning the game. That is what i loved about Sam and now Brown is they don't really talk trash or anything just let their play do the talking.

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 13th, 2024, 12:10 pm

In hindsight, we did have the weakest conference schedule….

8 teams had to play the #1 team twice
2 teams had to play the #1 team once
1 team never even played against the #1 team

How is that fair?

Of course the outright conference champs always have the “weakest” conference schedule. :lol:
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post (total 6):
NVAggieMrBiggleAggieFBObsessionflying_scotsman2.03rdGenAggiestwinward

Bluestar

Post by Bluestar » March 13th, 2024, 12:44 pm

We just need to keep winning. Respect will come. I was always taught actions speak louder than words. Just win.

CacheCow

Post by CacheCow » March 13th, 2024, 12:50 pm

A lot of you guys have persecution complexes. Who cares what other people say about us? Why do you need their respect? Good lord.
These users thanked the author CacheCow for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025ChowderAggieWannabeAgAlummcaggie1

Aggiesbleedblue

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » March 13th, 2024, 2:41 pm

The prevalence of the victim mentality amongst many in this fan base remains the strangest thing to me. We can somehow always find a way to feel slighted by the refs, the NCAA, some random video or the media in general. Idk. It’s just bizarre. The world is not out to get us.
These users thanked the author Aggiesbleedblue for the post (total 4):
WannabeAgAlumStanfordAggiemcaggie1AGinNEIowa

stwinward

Post by stwinward » March 13th, 2024, 3:46 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 2:41 pm
The prevalence of the victim mentality amongst many in this fan base remains the strangest thing to me. We can somehow always find a way to feel slighted by the refs, the NCAA, some random video or the media in general. Idk. It’s just bizarre. The world is not out to get us.
If that were true, the NCAA wouldn't switch to a different basketball than we play with.

:stirpot:

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 13th, 2024, 4:03 pm

stwinward wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 3:46 pm
Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 2:41 pm
If that were true, the NCAA wouldn't switch to a different basketball than we play with.

:stirpot:
Maybe we should get smart and play with the NCAA ball.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 15th, 2024, 1:00 am

All I could think about when watching Murray go on and on about Nevada in his tourney breakdown was that CSU was going to beat Nevada in the first game and his whole projection of them running the table to a tourney championship would look foolish.

Check.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic