Blue A Collective

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BlueAAggie

Blue A Collective

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 9:04 pm

What’s up fellow Aggies! Wanted to make a post to introduce myself and also make a call to action! My name is Nick Eliason and I’m the newest member of the board with the Blue A Collective. I have been tasked to handle day to day operations and all fundraising efforts. The Blue A Collective is in a very good spot but we are also far from where we want to be. As I’ve been working in this role and talking to many Aggies about what we are up to it’s become very clear that the mission and vision of our NIL Collective hasn’t gotten out to the masses! I want to change that and I’m committed to making it happen! As far as I’m concerned we have 4 main pillars to make this a success that is sustainable and effective.

Pillar 1 - General Public through subscription model. Memberships to the Blue A Collective are the easiest way for the general public to get involved. We have a plan to build the subscription base to a point that creates a recurring revenue stream that will help us create sustainability. We have engaged with the school of business and are working on internships with programs to creates a sales model that we can get out and get people involved in a meaningful way. It’s important that there is something in return for a membership besides just a feel good feeling of donating. Whether it’s special perks at game day events or access to insider information with media professionals or access to teams and players. Also partnership programs with local businesses to receive discounts and perks. These are all currently in the works and will be rolled out in the weeks and months to come. There will be different levels of donations that receive different levels of perks.

Pillar 2 - Local Businesses. There are a lot of ways to engage and get creative with local businesses who succeed when the Aggies succeed. We are in talks with some local business to create “round your purchase up to support Blue A” as well as other revenue sharing programs to create more recurring revenue. Also working with local businesses to find creative ways to do NIL deals with individual athletes. Everything that we can do to move the needle we are working on. We have great local businesses already stepping up to help.

Pillar 3 - Large Donors. The 5 figure plus donors who give large sums on an annual basis have been a huge help up to this point and the collective wouldn’t exist without these great families. I do not want to rely on this and would rather have this be a way to really be able to flex when needed to go make moves when we really need it. My background recently has been in this world of fundraising and I feel very confident this will continue in a big way but I just want it to be one of the pillars because our wonderful AD Diana, Jerry, and the Athletic department rely heavily on this group as well to support Athletics as a whole. Diana and I are in complete alignment on this and all I can say is we are so lucky to have the team we have with Diana, Jerry and the rest of Athletics to take us to the next level.

Pillar 4 - Former Athletes. Former athletes are a critical part to make the collective successful. We have an Athlete Advisory board that consists of Jordan Love, Sam and Kanyan Merrill, Robert Turbin, Tyler and Samantha Larsen. We have also engaged with other former athletes to get them involved. Whether it’s through donations or just using their name and image to attract the general public to special events and get more people involved. Some former athletes have stepped up and donated already and we will continue to forge great relationships with some of our Aggie greats to get involved and help push or mission and vision forward.

There are also other things we are working on like a strategic partnerships program to give access to our student athletes to connect them with tax professionals, wealth advisors, and legal advice. We don’t just want to pay these athletes and not give them support needed to take on that new responsibility. We also are very involved with our charity partners to get our student athletes involved with them and our local community. Our main partner is Inclusive Sports Foundation and they are an amazing organization that has such a special cause! https://specialforcessports.com Our partnership with them allows all donations to flow through their foundation to make all donations tax deductible. We have other amazing charity partners that you can find on our website https://www.blueacollective.com

I hope this sheds some light on what we are up to and what our plan is! I am here to help answer any questions and help people understand how to get involved. A lot have mentioned they want to get involved and especially if Danny stays. I’m keeping receipts! I for one believe we can and will retain Danny. That’s not a guarantee but something I feel confident about. Regardless of what happens though, I feel like this may just be one of the most important things to retain him and if that for some reason doesn’t happen then to attract and retain our next coach as well as our future rosters! Everyone knows this and yet we haven’t mobilized how I feel like we can or should! I’m excited to take this on and take us to another level that rivals anything we have in the Mountain West. First things first though, we need everyone’s support! However big or small, monthly or one time donations. Let’s show how we can mobilize better than any other fan base! Join the team! For the first time in the history of college athletics you can truly impact the outcome of the game! Let’s impact it in a big way! Here is the link to donate https://www.zeffy.com/en-US/donation-fo ... 432f0bdcb3

Thanks Y’all! And Go Aggies! I’ll be in Vegas as well for the tournament and would love to meet anybody who would like to learn more and get involved!
Last edited by BlueAAggie on March 10th, 2024, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author BlueAAggie for the post (total 23):
Section_L_Aggiebrossp24Aggies1888Aggie84025Winning Teamgreggers1868Roy McAvoyAgTimeCivEngAggiejazzdog56466 and 13 more users

Aggie84025

Re: Blue A Collective

Post by Aggie84025 » March 10th, 2024, 9:14 pm

Thanks for the information. Excited to see how it progresses. I am happy to be a member.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 4):
bigblue32BlueAAggieViAggieJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 10th, 2024, 9:21 pm

Nick, thank you so much for what you are doing. This is incredibly exciting. It’s a big job and it seems like you’re just the guy to do it. Serious kudos Aggie brother. :cheers:
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025BlueAAggieAggiesForeverViAggie

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 10th, 2024, 9:22 pm

Are you related to Merl and the rest of those Eliasons?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bpd

Post by bpd » March 10th, 2024, 9:30 pm

That sounds awesome. I like the plan and you have my support.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 3):
BlueAAggieAggiesForeverViAggie

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 10th, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thank you for posting. I have been in the fence about donating and this info will help me understand how the collective works. I appreciate the reach out to the board here. I have now joined as a subscription participant.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by bigblue on March 10th, 2024, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author bigblue for the post (total 2):
DkdavisBlueAAggie

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 10th, 2024, 9:37 pm

bigblue wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:34 pm
Thank you for posting. I have been in the fence about donating and this info will help me understand how the collective works. I appreciate the reach out to the board here.

I’m in the same boat, the collective has been a black box to me without any insight into what it’s doing and what benefits might come from it.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
BlueAAggie

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 10th, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thank you Nick. If we haven't donated to Blue A Collective but are interested in becoming a subscription member, how does one go about doing that?

I also want to thank you for coming to this board. It is a collection of the most die-hard Aggie fans. While we may only represent a small fraction of Aggie fans it is a great place to start by acknowledging us and getting us to build momentum with the rest of the Aggie faithful.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 3):
Roy McAvoyBlueAAggieAggiesForever

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 10th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Very cool to have you post here, I have been thinking all day about how to get info out about the NIL Collective to more people, I truly believe just a small percentage of our fan base knows what it is, why it exists, and how it works. If Danny stays I think it could explode in donations.
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 2):
BlueAAggieJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by andytheaggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Just subscribed. It's not much, but hoping to increase over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author andytheaggie for the post (total 2):
BlueAAggieEndoftheBench

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:05 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:52 pm
Thank you Nick. If we haven't donated to Blue A Collective but are interested in becoming a subscription member, how does one go about doing that?

I also want to thank you for coming to this board. It is a collection of the most die-hard Aggie fans. While we may only represent a small fraction of Aggie fans it is a great place to start by acknowledging us and getting us to build momentum with the rest of the Aggie faithful.
I’ve been lurking here for a bit trying to get a pulse of what’s going on. I came here and want to be a resource to this board! The passion our fans have and especially in this board is special and I think we can truly bring a grassroots movement to this and do some things nobody thought possible!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:05 pm

andytheaggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:02 pm
Just subscribed. It's not much, but hoping to increase over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you so much for your support! Every little bit counts! Rome wasn’t built in a day! Brick by Brick!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:06 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:59 pm
Very cool to have you post here, I have been thinking all day about how to get info out about the NIL Collective to more people, I truly believe just a small percentage of our fan base knows what it is, why it exists, and how it works. If Danny stays I think it could explode in donations.
With support from this board and everyone mobilizing together we can get it to the masses! We have a special fan base and we will win together I have no doubt! Thanks so much for your support!
These users thanked the author BlueAAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:08 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:52 pm

Attachments
IMG_1158.jpeg

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:10 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:37 pm
bigblue wrote:
Thank you for posting. I have been in the fence about donating and this info will help me understand how the collective works. I appreciate the reach out to the board here.

I’m in the same boat, the collective has been a black box to me without any insight into what it’s doing and what benefits might come from it.
The foundation is built and now we will build. We will create something very special. The urgency is real from my end but also be patient as we build this program and add the new benefits and programs! Thanks for your support!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:11 pm

bigblue wrote:
Thank you for posting. I have been in the fence about donating and this info will help me understand how the collective works. I appreciate the reach out to the board here. I have now joined as a subscription participant.

Thank you so much for your support! This is where it starts! We need everyone rowing in the same direction! Thanks again and Go Aggies!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:11 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:14 pm
Thanks for the information. Excited to see how it progresses. I am happy to be a member.
Thank you for your support! Go Aggies!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:12 pm

bpd wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:30 pm
That sounds awesome. I like the plan and you have my support.
Thank you for your support! Go Aggies!

Aggie1990

Post by Aggie1990 » March 10th, 2024, 10:54 pm

BlueAAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:04 pm
What’s up fellow Aggies! Wanted to make a post to introduce myself and also make a call to action! My name is Nick Eliason and I’m the newest member of the board with the Blue A Collective. I have been tasked to handle day to day operations and all fundraising efforts. The Blue A Collective is in a very good spot but we are also far from where we want to be. As I’ve been working in this role and talking to many Aggies about what we are up to it’s become very clear that the mission and vision of our NIL Collective hasn’t gotten out to the masses! I want to change that and I’m committed to making it happen! As far as I’m concerned we have 4 main pillars to make this a success that is sustainable and effective.

Pillar 1 - General Public through subscription model. Memberships to the Blue A Collective are the easiest way for the general public to get involved. We have a plan to build the subscription base to a point that creates a recurring revenue stream that will help us create sustainability. We have engaged with the school of business and are working on internships with programs to creates a sales model that we can get out and get people involved in a meaningful way. It’s important that there is something in return for a membership besides just a feel good feeling of donating. Whether it’s special perks at game day events or access to insider information with media professionals or access to teams and players. Also partnership programs with local businesses to receive discounts and perks. These are all currently in the works and will be rolled out in the weeks and months to come. There will be different levels of donations that receive different levels of perks.

Pillar 2 - Local Businesses. There are a lot of ways to engage and get creative with local businesses who succeed when the Aggies succeed. We are in talks with some local business to create “round your purchase up to support Blue A” as well as other revenue sharing programs to create more recurring revenue. Also working with local businesses to find creative ways to do NIL deals with individual athletes. Everything that we can do to move the needle we are working on. We have great local businesses already stepping up to help.

Pillar 3 - Large Donors. The 5 figure plus donors who give large sums on an annual basis have been a huge help up to this point and the collective wouldn’t exist without these great families. I do not want to rely on this and would rather have this be a way to really be able to flex when needed to go make moves when we really need it. My background recently has been in this world of fundraising and I feel very confident this will continue in a big way but I just want it to be one of the pillars because our wonderful AD Diana, Jerry, and the Athletic department rely heavily on this group as well to support Athletics as a whole. Diana and I are in complete alignment on this and all I can say is we are so lucky to have the team we have with Diana, Jerry and the rest of Athletics to take us to the next level.

Pillar 4 - Former Athletes. Former athletes are a critical part to make the collective successful. We have an Athlete Advisory board that consists of Jordan Love, Sam and Kanyan Merrill, Robert Turbin, Tyler and Samantha Larsen. We have also engaged with other former athletes to get them involved. Whether it’s through donations or just using their name and image to attract the general public to special events and get more people involved. Some former athletes have stepped up and donated already and we will continue to forge great relationships with some of our Aggie greats to get involved and help push or mission and vision forward.

There are also other things we are working on like a strategic partnerships program to give access to our student athletes to connect them with tax professionals, wealth advisors, and legal advice. We don’t just want to pay these athletes and not give them support needed to take on that new responsibility. We also are very involved with our charity partners to get our student athletes involved with them and our local community. Our main partner is Inclusive Sports Foundation and they are an amazing organization that has such a special cause! https://specialforcessports.com Our partnership with them allows all donations to flow through their foundation to make all donations tax deductible. We have other amazing charity partners that got can find on our website https://www.blueacollective.com

I hope this sheds some light on what we are up to and what our plan is! I am here to help answer any questions and help people understand how to get involved. A lot have mentioned they want to get involved and especially if Danny stays. I’m keeping receipts! I for one believe we can and will retain Danny. That’s not a guarantee but something I feel confident about. Regardless of what happens though, I feel like this may just be one of the most important things to retain him and if that for some reason doesn’t happen then to attract and retain our next coach as well as our future rosters! Everyone knows this and yet we haven’t mobilized how I feel like we can or should! I’m excited to take this on and take us to another level that rivals anything we have in the Mountain West. First things first though, we need everyone’s support! However big or small, monthly or one time donations. Let’s show how we can mobilize better than any other fan base! Join the team! For the first time in the history of college athletics you can truly impact the outcome of the game! Let’s impact it in a big way! Here is the link to donate https://www.zeffy.com/en-US/donation-fo ... 432f0bdcb3

Thanks Y’all! And Go Aggies! I’ll be in Vegas as well for the tournament and would love to meet anybody who would like to learn more and get involved!
Count me in as one of the skeptical people of the current NIL climate. I recognize the importance of it, though. I would love some more info from you.

My circumstances though drive a lot of my skepticism. (Had a divorce during Covid where my ex received more than my annual salary as a lump sum to cut ties cleanly) Fortunately I’ve recovered and started donating again but not nearly as much as I used to in addition to my tickets.

I did mention to my cousin and brother at the game that if we inked and retained Sprinkle I would up my annual contribution to the Estes Fund or the court fund by 50%.
These users thanked the author Aggie1990 for the post:
BlueAAggie

:utah: :state:

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 10th, 2024, 11:05 pm

Aggie1990 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:54 pm
BlueAAggie wrote:

There are also other things we are working on like a strategic partnerships program to give access to our student athletes to connect them with tax professionals, wealth advisors, and legal advice. We don’t just want to pay these athletes and not give them support needed to take on that new responsibility. We also are very involved with our charity partners to get our student athletes involved with them and our local community. Our main partner is Inclusive Sports Foundation and they are an amazing organization that has such a special cause! https://specialforcessports.com Our partnership with them allows all donations to flow through their foundation to make all donations tax deductible. We have other amazing charity partners that got can find on our website https://www.blueacollective.com

Count me in as one of the skeptical people of the current NIL climate. I recognize the importance of it, though. I would love some more info from you.

My circumstances though drive a lot of my skepticism. (Had a divorce during Covid where my ex received more than my annual salary as a lump sum to cut ties cleanly) Fortunately I’ve recovered and started donating again but not nearly as much as I used to in addition to my tickets.

I did mention to my cousin and brother at the game that if we inked and retained Sprinkle I would up my annual contribution to the Estes Fund or the court fund by 50%.
Would love to chat more with you one on one and gain your support or at least help you understand what we are trying to achieve in this new college athletics climate. Thanks for reaching out!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » March 11th, 2024, 12:23 am

Thank you for reaching out. I just set up my recurring donation. I encourage others to do the same if you have the means to do so.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 2):
BlueAAggieBlue Sage

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » March 11th, 2024, 1:21 am

I think this is awesome-- we need somebody with some serious financial chops and fundraising understanding. I'm currently on a mission in New Zealand, but hope to become involved upon my return. Check out a private message sent to you from me.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post:
Blue Sage

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2024, 3:59 am

BlueAAggie wrote:

There are also other things we are working on like a strategic partnerships program to give access to our student athletes to connect them with tax professionals, wealth advisors, and legal advice. We don’t just want to pay these athletes and not give them support needed to take on that new responsibility. We also are very involved with our charity partners to get our student athletes involved with them and our local community. Our main partner is Inclusive Sports Foundation and they are an amazing organization that has such a special cause! https://specialforcessports.com Our partnership with them allows all donations to flow through their foundation to make all donations tax deductible. We have other amazing charity partners that you can find on our website https://www.blueacollective.com

Thanks for stopping by and choosing such a classy way to introduce yourself!! You will not find a more passionate group of Aggies than the fine gentlemen that have been logging in here for years. You will find that you have many allies here and an incredible amount of support. We all appreciate your effort to try and step up our NIL game! Keep doing your thing my Aggie brother!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 11th, 2024, 6:35 am

Aggie1990 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:54 pm
BlueAAggie wrote:

Good luck to you Aggie brother. I know exactly what you've been through.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
Aggie1990

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 11th, 2024, 8:16 am

I am a recurring monthly donor, but one thing that I think is a big disincentive to others donating is a feeling that contributions are somewhat futile in the current landscape. Hearing a little more about your plan in the above post is helpful, but what would you say to someone who takes the approach of “why would I donate my hard earned money, we’re never gonna win this arm’s race no matter what we do and if a P5 wants one of our players we’ll never be able to afford to keep them here?”

Second question — are you able to quantify with more specifics where the collective is right now and how it has grown? I think you’d get more buy-in with Pillar 1 if we had a sense for how much buy-in there had been with Pillars 2, 3, 4. This goes back to the futility and to me is sort of a collective action problem. Our nickels and dimes feel like drops in the bucket that will do nothing if those with deeper pockets aren’t putting dollar bills in there.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
BlueAAggieaggiesdidwhat

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 11th, 2024, 8:25 am

treesap32 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:23 am
Thank you for reaching out. I just set up my recurring donation. I encourage others to do the same if you have the means to do so.
Thanks so much for your support! Many hands make light work! Go Aggies!

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 11th, 2024, 10:14 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:16 am
I am a recurring monthly donor, but one thing that I think is a big disincentive to others donating is a feeling that contributions are somewhat futile in the current landscape. Hearing a little more about your plan in the above post is helpful, but what would you say to someone who takes the approach of “why would I donate my hard earned money, we’re never gonna win this arm’s race no matter what we do and if a P5 wants one of our players we’ll never be able to afford to keep them here?”

Second question — are you able to quantify with more specifics where the collective is right now and how it has grown? I think you’d get more buy-in with Pillar 1 if we had a sense for how much buy-in there had been with Pillars 2, 3, 4. This goes back to the futility and to me is sort of a collective action problem. Our nickels and dimes feel like drops in the bucket that will do nothing if those with deeper pockets aren’t putting dollar bills in there.
First off, thanks for stepping up and being a donor!! It really does mean a lot! I don’t think there is disincentive to give since there is a plan to go succeed! You’re right, we aren’t a P5 school but that should never discourage us to give. We will be competitive with every player we can be. The reality is, sometimes we won’t be able to retain some athletes, but we will be able to get others to come and replace, it’s not just a one way door. We benefited greatly from transfer portal this year. Remember the basketball team had 4 guys in the locker room when Danny came. The transfer portal was where we got players and if the collective is in a good place we will attract great players who wanna play in the spectrum and feel the love of the Hurd. This goes the same for football.

To answer question 2 - I am careful to share too much as far as specifics but let me just say, 95% of the money we have of from 5 figure donors and above. They have assured me to provide the “cover fire” we need to have the funds necessary to support the teams as needed as I build up the other pillars. We have what we need to support the teams and the numbers put us in the top 1/3 of the MW currently. To get to the top and sustain that level we need all 4 pillars to succeed but they take a little more time. The large donors move the needle immediately and the rest help us sustain long term. I might add that the large donors also represent local businesses but the actual partnerships for long term recurring revenue and partner perks programs need time to develop as well. We have a ton of urgency around that and are working hard to get those to the finish line.

Hope this sheds some more light! Thanks again for your support!
These users thanked the author BlueAAggie for the post (total 9):
ViAggieaggies22Aggie840253rdGenAggieAggies1888flying_scotsman2.0Real Life AggieEngineeringAggieAggiefan33

EndoftheBench

Post by EndoftheBench » March 11th, 2024, 10:38 am

This is awesome. Someone driving the day to day operations is essential to the success of the collective. I'm a monthly donor of a small amount looking to increase this amount over time. How awesome would it be to be able to show Coach Sprinkle a huge increase in monthly donors to the Blue A Collective. I know the large donors are critical but let's show him that the every-day fan is jumping on board as well.
These users thanked the author EndoftheBench for the post:
BlueAAggie

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 11th, 2024, 10:42 am

EndoftheBench wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:38 am
This is awesome. Someone driving the day to day operations is essential to the success of the collective. I'm a monthly donor of a small amount looking to increase this amount over time. How awesome would it be to be able to show Coach Sprinkle a huge increase in monthly donors to the Blue A Collective. I know the large donors are critical but let's show him that the every-day fan is jumping on board as well.
This stuff speaks louder than you think! Every little bit really does help! Thanks so much for your support.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 11th, 2024, 10:43 am

BlueAAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:14 am
ineptimusprime wrote:

First off, thanks for stepping up and being a donor!! It really does mean a lot! I don’t think there is disincentive to give since there is a plan to go succeed! You’re right, we aren’t a P5 school but that should never discourage us to give. We will be competitive with every player we can be. The reality is, sometimes we won’t be able to retain some athletes, but we will be able to get others to come and replace, it’s not just a one way door. We benefited greatly from transfer portal this year. Remember the basketball team had 4 guys in the locker room when Danny came. The transfer portal was where we got players and if the collective is in a good place we will attract great players who wanna play in the spectrum and feel the love of the Hurd. This goes the same for football.

To answer question 2 - I am careful to share too much as far as specifics but let me just say, 95% of the money we have of from 5 figure donors and above. They have assured me to provide the “cover fire” we need to have the funds necessary to support the teams as needed as I build up the other pillars. We have what we need to support the teams and the numbers put us in the top 1/3 of the MW currently. To get to the top and sustain that level we need all 4 pillars to succeed but they take a little more time. The large donors move the needle immediately and the rest help us sustain long term. I might add that the large donors also represent local businesses but the actual partnerships for long term recurring revenue and partner perks programs need time to develop as well. We have a ton of urgency around that and are working hard to get those to the finish line.

This is a perfect answer! Thanks! As you may have guessed, my post was more designed to elicit an answer that lights a fire under others to start donating what they can too!

Your answer to question 2 should give people comfort that there is buy-in from the big guns and the cherries on top that the average fan can pitch in aren’t just wasted!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Aggie84025

ColoAg
Has thanked: 0

Post by ColoAg » March 11th, 2024, 10:59 am

Wow, I'm really excited about this plan for the Blue A Collective. I'm also really excited to hear we are now in the top 1/3 of NIL collectives in the MWC! This substantiates my belief the last 3 years or so that Utah State is really trending upward. This is in a conference that is also trending upward. In fact, the MWC is certainly emerging as a high major in basketball and no longer a mid-major!
These users thanked the author ColoAg for the post (total 3):
CacheCowflying_scotsman2.0Section_L_Aggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 11th, 2024, 11:43 am

BlueAAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

How are we doing looking outside local businesses? Many Aggie fans move outside Cache Valley after graduation. There has been discussion on this board about how the AD should improve their connections outside the valley. What is the collective doing to reach alumni that aren't local?

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 11th, 2024, 1:09 pm

Is it possible to put into the coach's contract buyouts, an amount of money that they will pay into the collective? For example, Danny goes to UW, well UW now has to donate 500k or 1mil to the USU Collective?
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 4):
ViAggieBlueAAggieFloridaAggie13Blue Sage

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 11th, 2024, 2:06 pm

What percent of the collective’s money do you save and invest for the future versus give to the players each month? I guess I’m trying to ask if we have a slush fund sitting around to use on players or if we run the collective bone dry each month and need to fundraise those big donations each time there’s a player we are trying to hold onto.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 2):
QuackAttackAggieBlueAAggie

BlueAAggie

Post by BlueAAggie » March 11th, 2024, 2:17 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 11:43 am
BlueAAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

How are we doing looking outside local businesses? Many Aggie fans move outside Cache Valley after graduation. There has been discussion on this board about how the AD should improve their connections outside the valley. What is the collective doing to reach alumni that aren't local?
Diana is doing a great job on this front and is working on developing a team to help pursue this as well. Definitely a place of opportunity for the university and especially athletics. I as well am working on getting connected to those individuals as well!
These users thanked the author BlueAAggie for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0ViAggie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic