Blue A Collective event

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
blueman

Blue A Collective event

Post by blueman » January 23rd, 2024, 10:27 pm

There’s an event being held this Thursday Jan 25 with Coach Sprinkle to discuss the Blue A collective. Good opportunity to learn more and get involved. Click on the link to RSVP.

https://hbnb.io/e/hznL/s/s
These users thanked the author blueman for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie84025

Re: Blue A Collective event

Post by Aggie84025 » January 23rd, 2024, 10:32 pm

Wish I was not working and could attend

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 24th, 2024, 5:24 am

I’d love to hear a summary if anybody is able to make it.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » January 24th, 2024, 7:20 am

I am guessing this is an NIL event?

Where only sage brush grows

bpd

Post by bpd » January 24th, 2024, 2:25 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 7:20 am
I am guessing this is an NIL event?

Yes!
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
MrBiggle

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » January 24th, 2024, 4:48 pm

I’ll be there

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » January 24th, 2024, 8:29 pm

Does this cost anything to be at? I’d love to go but would like to know if im gonna need to take out a loan to be there. Haha

blueman

Post by blueman » January 24th, 2024, 11:38 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 8:29 pm
Does this cost anything to be at? I’d love to go but would like to know if im gonna need to take out a loan to be there. Haha
It is free to attend and a food will be served.
These users thanked the author blueman for the post:
VegasBornAggie

bpd

Post by bpd » January 25th, 2024, 9:30 pm

Anybody go have details on this?

aggieborn

Post by aggieborn » January 26th, 2024, 12:27 am

bpd wrote:
January 25th, 2024, 9:30 pm
Awesome event. Talked about how much him and his staff each individually love Cache Valley. discussed NIL landscape and the money offered to some of our guys by other programs last offseason. Gary Andersen spoke on the collective from more of an operational standpoint He’s doing some really great things behind the scenes pretty awesome to see his passion and work for Aggie athletics still. We can’t expect to maintain this level of success if we don’t grow the collective, the team we have this year could be making a lot more money elsewhere if they wanted to and it’s a miracle they’re all here. The collective is how we stay competitive in the future it’s time for us to catch up.
These users thanked the author aggieborn for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0trevordude

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 26th, 2024, 5:54 am

aggieborn wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 12:27 am
bpd wrote:
Awesome event. Talked about how much him and his staff each individually love Cache Valley. discussed NIL landscape and the money offered to some of our guys by other programs last offseason. Gary Andersen spoke on the collective from more of an operational standpoint He’s doing some really great things behind the scenes pretty awesome to see his passion and work for Aggie athletics still. We can’t expect to maintain this level of success if we don’t grow the collective, the team we have this year could be making a lot more money elsewhere if they wanted to and it’s a miracle they’re all here. The collective is how we stay competitive in the future it’s time for us to catch up.
They indicate how much we need to get it to annually to stay competitive?

dogie

Post by dogie » January 26th, 2024, 7:46 am

They had one of these in Salt Lake City earlier this month. It’s my understanding that they raised at least $125K from the event.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0EngineeringAggieCacheCow

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » January 26th, 2024, 11:16 am

aggieborn wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 12:27 am
bpd wrote:
Two questions sir.

Did they discuss the primary method/source of funding they're trying to achieve? It seems to me that there are several methods they could use:

- raw annual donations donations (not the most sustainable)
- establishing some kind of an endowment with donations used to increase the size of the endowment (small returns initially, but more sustainable over time as the endowment grows)
- setting up some kind of loyalty system with local businesses that would result in business funding based on consumer participation (Maverik stations seem like an natural opportunity here)
- some other methodology

What is the ultimate objective (we could pulled into an unsustainable arms race if we aren't clear on our overall objective ie; $3,000/athlete, keep up with peers, etc.)?

Just curious what the focus is on going forward with this endeavor. Thanks for any feedback.
-
These users thanked the author AngusAg for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 26th, 2024, 12:04 pm

The one thing I like about the blue A collective is the requirement for players to engage in charity events and service. I will continue to donate.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » January 26th, 2024, 12:32 pm

They also mentioned how it’s now tax deductible and if we use the new website to sign up then they will provide year and documentation.

My favorite part was Sprinkle stating his goal is to be Stew Morrill and hopes he can coach here as long as he did.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post (total 5):
flying_scotsman2.0FullEngineeringAggiePIGSKINAGGIECacheCow

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 26th, 2024, 12:40 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 12:32 pm
They also mentioned how it’s now tax deductible and if we use the new website to sign up then they will provide year and documentation.

My favorite part was Sprinkle stating his goal is to be Stew Morrill and hopes he can coach here as long as he did.
Saying things like this is what sets me up for absolute heartbreak. But hope springs a kernel.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
Real Life Aggiecrazywookie

gwaggie
Has thanked: 0

Blue A Collective event

Post by gwaggie » January 26th, 2024, 1:43 pm

I don’t know, might have been my blue goggles, but Sprinkle seemed very genuine yesterday when expressing his desire to be here and how big of an opportunity it is for him and the players to be here.

It didn’t seem like your typical coach speak. When Odom and others have come to speak directly to the Hurd committee in our meetings they all shared some sort of love for the program and tradition at usu, but yesterday was different. Different tone and body language, seemed very sincere. He also specifically talked positively about the weather here, calling it “get in the gym and work weather” and “basketball weather”.
These users thanked the author gwaggie for the post (total 2):
cvalAggie84025

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » January 26th, 2024, 2:38 pm

gwaggie wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 1:43 pm
I don’t know, might have been my blue goggles, but Sprinkle seemed very genuine yesterday when expressing his desire to be here and how big of an opportunity it is for him and the players to be here.

It didn’t seem like your typical coach speak. When Odom and others have come to speak directly to the Hurd committee in our meetings they all shared some sort of love for the program and tradition at usu, but yesterday was different. Different tone and body language, seemed very sincere. He also specifically talked positively about the weather here, calling it “get in the gym and work weather” and “basketball weather”.
I have met coach sprinkle, he is genuine, reminded me of when i first met gary andersen. I ran into him at Lees last summer, and welcomed him to Logan, he introduced me to all his coaches and staff that were with him, he looked me in the eyes, and stuck out his hand and shook mine, he told me how excited he was to be here in a basketball town, that the team would play hard and once they gelled would be a good team. I cannot think higher of the guy, I will donate what I can to help him be successful. The future with him is Gonzagaest!! We need to keep him and help him get the players that he wants.
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post:
ToastedFlakes52

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » January 26th, 2024, 2:53 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 2:38 pm
gwaggie wrote:

I have met coach sprinkle, he is genuine, reminded me of when i first met gary andersen. I ran into him at Lees last summer, and welcomed him to Logan, he introduced me to all his coaches and staff that were with him, he looked me in the eyes, and stuck out his hand and shook mine, he told me how excited he was to be here in a basketball town, that the team would play hard and once they gelled would be a good team. I cannot think higher of the guy, I will donate what I can to help him be successful. The future with him is Gonzagaest!! We need to keep him and help him get the players that he wants.
You guys gotta stop. Now my hopes are sky high!

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » January 26th, 2024, 3:09 pm

gwaggie wrote:

I don’t know what is life goals are. But he seems like a dude who likes small towns. So I could see him staying her for awhile. Who knows. Only he knows. He could always pull a “I would’ve stayed there forever if the NIL was bigger” or whatever.

But a single, non-lds, late 40 year old doesn’t seem like a the typical type to love cache valley.

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » January 26th, 2024, 3:13 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 2:38 pm
gwaggie wrote:

The three or four times I have met Coach Sprinkle absolutely back this up. Will always give you a handshake or a fist bump and a smile. Seems incredibly genuine. His postgame press conferences and interviews are also top-notch. The dude is an absolute class act, and we are lucky to have him, no matter how long he stays here for (FWIW I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get at least three years of him here. Seems like he won't leave unless it's the perfect situation)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic