MVC REFS

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JFWAggie

MVC REFS

Post by JFWAggie » November 11th, 2023, 8:20 pm

(I can't express myself without swearing) you, you (I can't express myself without swearing) incompetent mother (I can't express myself without swearing)!
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 4):
trevordudeMrBiggleSLBaggies22

SLB

Re: MVC REFS

Post by SLB » November 11th, 2023, 8:22 pm

Honestly, they came across like that had money on Bradley to win.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 11th, 2023, 8:24 pm

Those guys suuuuuuuuuuuuvck.

But the shot making wasn't nearly good enough for the Aggies.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 11th, 2023, 8:25 pm

Yeah they stunk, but we didn't make enough shots.

Were a better shooting team than what was shown tonight. Bradley is a good team.

Were going to be really good. Better than last year.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 11th, 2023, 8:26 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 8:25 pm
Yeah they stunk, but we didn't make enough shots.

Were a better shooting team than what was shown tonight. Bradley is a good team.

Were going to be really good. Better than last year.
Yup. And this is only game 2. We have a ton of potential.

I think that game tonight will end up being a q1. Disappointing we lost but not the end of the world.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 11th, 2023, 8:28 pm

There were two blocks I thought were goal tends that weren’t called and then the out of bounds call they didn’t reverse. Those were the biggest ones imo
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
aggies22

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » November 11th, 2023, 8:28 pm

Don’t blame the refs. Although there were a couple very bad calls. That’s just basketball. We shoot 33% from the field, 25% from beyond the arc. We pretty much handed Bradley the win with how poorly we shot.
These users thanked the author AggieIceCream05 for the post (total 6):
Aggies1888Pacobagsethpackfan09flying_scotsman2.0Real Life AggiePIGSKINAGGIE

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 11th, 2023, 8:44 pm

The refs made some bad calls but our inability to get solid shots the last 2 minutes and overtime killed us. Thought the whistle was a little soft for us when we went to the rim. Just how it is on the road, still too many mistakes. There are a lot of positives from the game considering this is basically our first game and it was on the road against a top 100 really good team.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 11th, 2023, 8:47 pm

They did stink and so did we when taking shots. Not bad for the first road game.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 11th, 2023, 9:02 pm

It would be easy to say we didn’t shoot good enough if we lost by 20. But we didn’t. Sure % was pretty bad. There is no doubt that those refs changed the outcome of the game. The video replay was pretty damn clear, and they deliberately went against the Aggies.
I don’t care if you wanna call fouls on every drive to the hoop, just make sure it is equal for each team. We did not have that luxury.
Oh and then the no call on the corner flop!? Dude didn’t get touched and he lands with an obvious “crumple”, ref has to either call an foul or flop there, but he knew it was obvious and just didn’t want to give us an easy call. For once I agree with SLB. Smh
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post (total 2):
SLBaggies22

Where only sage brush grows

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » November 11th, 2023, 9:13 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 9:02 pm
It would be easy to say we didn’t shoot good enough if we lost by 20. But we didn’t. Sure % was pretty bad. There is no doubt that those refs changed the outcome of the game. The video replay was pretty damn clear, and they deliberately went against the Aggies.
I don’t care if you wanna call fouls on every drive to the hoop, just make sure it is equal for each team. We did not have that luxury.
Oh and then the no call on the corner flop!? Dude didn’t get touched and he lands with an obvious “crumple”, ref has to either call an foul or flop there, but he knew it was obvious and just didn’t want to give us an easy call. For once I agree with SLB. Smh
Clearly there were some bad calls. The fouls weren’t completely lob sided. Aggies: 22 Bradley: 17. We shot 33% from the field. We had more open looks throughout the game and we did not capitalize. We didn’t lose by 20 because Bradley shot poorly as well and our defense played pretty well. But at the end of the day, we shot terribly.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 11th, 2023, 9:15 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 9:13 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
Clearly there were some bad calls. The fouls weren’t completely lob sided. Aggies: 22 Bradley: 17. We shot 33% from the field. We had more open looks throughout the game and we did not capitalize. We didn’t lose by 20 because Bradley shot poorly as well and our defense played pretty well. But at the end of the day, we shot terribly.
You need to watch the game then tell us with a straight face that the refs did their job well.

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » November 11th, 2023, 9:19 pm

SLB wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 9:15 pm
AggieIceCream05 wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 9:13 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
You need to watch the game then tell us with a straight face that the refs did their job well.
Read my post again. “Clearly there were some bad calls”. Name a team that has won a game shooting 33% from the field, 25% from beyond the arc? That’s the game.

tcq
Has thanked: 0

Post by tcq » November 11th, 2023, 11:51 pm

That's a part of playing a home and home with someone. Part of the "home" part is you also get your league refs. Just the cost of doing business in college hoops.

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » November 12th, 2023, 12:02 am

I didn’t think they were great, but didn’t think they were particularly bad either…

USUOPP

Post by USUOPP » November 12th, 2023, 12:25 am

The refs were inconsistent. They were calling everything then they started letting everything go. Nothing to do with this post, but my seats were amazing. I showed up 10 min before the started(after an almost 3-hour drive) and paid $30 total for two tickets three rows behind the USU bench.
These users thanked the author USUOPP for the post:
aggies22

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » November 12th, 2023, 8:16 am

tcq wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 11:51 pm
That's a part of playing a home and home with someone. Part of the "home" part is you also get your league refs. Just the cost of doing business in college hoops.
It is really just too bad that Mountain West officials hate USU. I don’t think we ever get a “home team whistle”.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22SLBosuaggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 12th, 2023, 8:31 am

EngineeringAggie wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 8:16 am
tcq wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 11:51 pm
It is really just too bad that Mountain West officials hate USU. I don’t think we ever get a “home team whistle”.
No such whistle exists in Logan.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
EngineeringAggie

bpd

Post by bpd » November 12th, 2023, 9:02 am

So predictable. We lose a close game, blame the refs. Let’s get this straight at the beginning of the season. There are no MVC or MW refs. They officiate all kinds of games from a number of different conferences.

Here is why we lost. Poor shot selection. Ian and Max each shot 5 3s. Out of those 10, maybe 4 should have been shot. Sprinkle has to reign that in. We shoot 25% from 3 because we aren’t taking good 3s.

Also, if Bradley shoots an average percent from the free throw line, the game never goes to OT and we lose by 8-10.
Last edited by bpd on November 12th, 2023, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 7):
flying_scotsman2.0Bank ShotZaggie07jazzdog56466PacobagReal Life AggieColoraggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 12th, 2023, 9:16 am

I hate losing, but blaming the refs=lame. Always has, always will.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
smfdaggieBank ShotPacobagReal Life Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 12th, 2023, 10:45 am

bpd wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 9:02 am
So predictable. We lose a close game, blame the refs. Let’s get this straight at the beginning of the season. There are no MVC or MW refs. They officiate all kinds of games from a number of different conferences.

Here is why we lost. Poor shot selection. Ian and Max each shot 5 3s. Out of those 10, maybe 4 should have been shot. Sprinkle has to reign that in. We shoot 25% from 3 because we aren’t taking good 3s.

Also, if Bradley shoots an average percent from the free throw line, the game never goes to OT and we lose by 8-10.
Shooting was the reason we lost. We shot 32% for the game, it is a miracle we even got it to OT. The 3's were not great but we missed like 15ish shots right around the rim. We need to finish better at the rim.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
PIGSKINAGGIE

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 12th, 2023, 11:10 am

It’s harder to make shots when you get fouled nearly every time you drive, and then it’s even harder to make free throws when said foul does not get called. And lets make it even harder when the refs call fouls on the other end for the same things that did not get called on our side.
Did you lose because we shot poorly? Sure. But lets not make it seem like the refs had no part in it. The refs were pretty good at calling none shooting falls on our side and more shooting fouls on Bradleys end.
It sucks, when our guy is standing straight up with arms extended and his guy jumps into him and gets a foul called, yet doesn’t do the same for us.
Y’all can say it’s lame to blame the refs, but they directly affect the game, particularly close games. You are probably some of the same people that won’t watch the NBA because of how it is officiated.
Anyway, we lost. Should have shot better, should have got equal calls, should have brought reading glasses for the refs during the review ;) time to move on to the next game.
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post (total 3):
SLBosuaggieljdent

Where only sage brush grows

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » November 12th, 2023, 11:20 am

We are nothing like Cougar fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLB

Post by SLB » November 12th, 2023, 11:28 am

MrBiggle wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 11:10 am
It’s harder to make shots when you get fouled nearly every time you drive, and then it’s even harder to make free throws when said foul does not get called. And lets make it even harder when the refs call fouls on the other end for the same things that did not get called on our side.
Did you lose because we shot poorly? Sure. But lets not make it seem like the refs had no part in it. The refs were pretty good at calling none shooting falls on our side and more shooting fouls on Bradleys end.
It sucks, when our guy is standing straight up with arms extended and his guy jumps into him and gets a foul called, yet doesn’t do the same for us.
Y’all can say it’s lame to blame the refs, but they directly affect the game, particularly close games. You are probably some of the same people that won’t watch the NBA because of how it is officiated.
Anyway, we lost. Should have shot better, should have got equal calls, should have brought reading glasses for the refs during the review ;) time to move on to the next game.
This was also my takeaway from the game.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » November 12th, 2023, 12:11 pm

SLB wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 11:10 am
This was also my takeaway from the game.
Well if this was your takeaway then I’m all in! Ref’s suck and are out to get us!!!!!!! I know that you knew that I knew I was going to post this.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
Pacobag

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » November 12th, 2023, 12:31 pm

To pull off road victories, we need better sleep and healthier food choices. I’m so tired of us making the same poor choices that cost us these games.
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post:
ToastedFlakes52

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » November 12th, 2023, 2:34 pm

Pacobag wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 12:31 pm
To pull off road victories, we need better sleep and healthier food choices. I’m so tired of us making the same poor choices that cost us these games.
We need to book better hotels for our team to sleep in for road games. How can we expect to be competitive in harsh environments when we force our players to sleep in such conditions? Surely we can pony up some extra donations and NIL cash to put our players in 5 Star Hotels and AirBnBs? Ridiculous smh :stirpot:

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 12th, 2023, 8:37 pm

USUOPP wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 12:25 am
The refs were inconsistent. They were calling everything then they started letting everything go. Nothing to do with this post, but my seats were amazing. I showed up 10 min before the started(after an almost 3-hour drive) and paid $30 total for two tickets three rows behind the USU bench.
and 1 row behind a JumboTron LEGEND!
It was awesome to meet you. I hope our paths cross again!

To the topic- Bradley fans were cussing the refs pretty wildly as well. It seemed like reffing just sucked, and both teams were shorted possessions and scoring chances.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » November 13th, 2023, 12:53 am

One thing that has been called out and should be called is a play that was reviewed and clearly showed an outcome but they come away with a different decision. In game, live action is tough to say the least. There is so much happening all at the same time and refs can get calls wrong. One play had both of these at the same time, the out of bounds play in the last minute. There guy comes dribbling in and two defenders close down on him. They probably should of called a foul here as we reached for the ball and got his arms as well as a blocking foul likely. That wasn’t called. He then throws the ball out of bounds, clearly off him last. They reviewed it and give the ball to them. Some plays you can’t really tell, this was pretty clear. I think though it’s one of those instances where they see the replay and think, we’ll we missed a foul so let’s give them the ball. Can’t do that though. You got to give us the ball there. Completely changed the game dynamic there. So bad no call on us but worse call against us.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
MrBiggle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic