Some (likely horrible) observations from game 1

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
jpswensen

Some (likely horrible) observations from game 1

Post by jpswensen » November 10th, 2022, 10:10 am

I realize it is only one game, but we played better than I was expecting. Here are my quick takes:

1. Jones finally doesn’t look like he is 15 years old. Probably doesn’t change play much, but just an observation.
2. Any team with a good big man is going to absolutely demolish us. Maybe someone can step up, but there wasn’t that person in game 1.
3. Guard play was phenomenal. Both Jones and Ashworth are undersized, but if they can regularly deliver the ball like last game that could go a long way to keeping us in games.
4. Akin seemed a bit better than I was expecting. He still seemed lost a bit of the time, but could be a solid contributor (assuming he fixes his turnover problem).
5. Funk seems to have that rebounding knack. That is another thing, along with good guard play, that can keep us in a lot of games.

Any other first game observations, or one from above that you think were just one game wonders instead of the norm?
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
USU78AngusAg

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com