Projected lineup/output

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
logansdad2

Projected lineup/output

Post by logansdad2 » June 21st, 2022, 8:51 am

My projections/guesses as to how players will perform this season after Watching a couple practices/scrimmages and Having talked to one insider who has seen many more practices and spends time with the team.

Steven Ashworth: 10-12 points per game will play much better and be more consistent this upcoming year. I believe he will shoot around 40% from three and find ways to finish more consistently at the rim and on drives with an improved floater. As a defender he will always give you a great effort and with more experience this year will have better positioning

Ryland Jones: 8-10 points per game improve health and conditioning will help him shoot and play better this year. When healthy last year he actually played quite well but because of his style and lack of elite conditioning was not ever really healthy very often last year. He seems to be somewhat stronger this year and in better shape overall. I believe this will lead to some improve play. Will always have high assist to turnover ratio but will need to improve finishing near the basket and better one on one defense but as a team defender is very good.

RJ Eytel-Rock: 10-12 Points per game seems to be in better shape to start the season. He looks somewhat slimmer and a little bit quicker. He is still very strong but does not have elite athleticism. I expect him to shoot a similar percentage from the outside as last year but I also expect him to finish in the lane better this year than last. He’s a good team defender because of size but struggles in one on one situation.

Sean Bairstow: 15-18 points per game. I expect him to be very good this year. I believe he will shoot a better percentage of from three and in the lane. Has always had a great first step and elite size and athleticism for his position. With improve strength and experience I believe he will learn how to finish in the lane and will shoot a higher three-point percentage. My guess would be somewhere around 30 to 35% from three. Defensively needs to improve on positioning but has the ability to be a very good defender.

Max Shulga: 8-10 points per game. Has always had good size and strength for the position. I believe he will have an excellent shooting year and will be improved finishing near the basket. Needs to have an aggressive offensive mindset as he has the Ability to get into the lane and make decisions but needs to be confident in his abilities. I believe he will shoot somewhere around 40% from three. Has the ability to be a very good on ball defender needs to have a better understanding of team defense.

Taylor Funk: 15-18 Points per game. Maybe the best player on the team this coming season. is very smooth and has a ability not to be sped up on the court. Very good shooter from all three levels. Has good athleticism and experience playing against tough competition. Seems to finish well around the rim. Is a willing passer and good position defender. Should be able to rebound well

Zee Hamoda: 10-14 points per game. I believe he has the highest upside on the team. Elite athleticism as a finisher and as a defender. Looks somewhat stronger this year but still thin. I think being more comfortable and having gained some experience at this level will have more confidence to show off his ability. Very long. Has a great first step and abilities shoot the ball well from all three levels. Needs to improve his mid range game. I believe he will shoot a high percentage from three and will finish while at the basket. Very good one on one defender but needs to have a better understanding of what it means to be a team defender but has excellent defensive abilities.

Cade Potter: 6-8 Points per game. Moves very well on the court and has very good size and quickness for the position. Has nice mid range shooting stroke and decent post moves. Can extend out to three point shooting range but not consistent from there yet. Needs to gain experience as a defender but has ability. Excellent strength and decent ballhandling skills. I expect him to be a very good player in years to come and needs time on the court.

Isaac Johnson: 8–10 points per game. Has excellent size and moves well for near seven footer. Obviously needs to improve strength but has excellent shooting touch at all three levels. Improve strength will help him finish better at the rim but he runs the floor very well for a big man. Needs time on the court but has ability to be a very good defender and decent shot blocker. Seems to be a willing passer out of the post.

Trevin Darius and Zapala: 6-8 Points per game both these guys have great size and some defensive ability. Neither of them have much offense ability other than to offensive rebound and garbage points on put backs and dunks. Both need to work on foot speed but but have the size to bang with bigger players.

Mason Falslve: 8-10 Points for game. Very high Upside he has Elite athleticism and quickness. Has deep shooting range but it is unproven and inconsistent at this point has excellent ability to finish around the rim. Obviously he needs experience but the ability is currently there

The other transfer whose name escapes me at this time is a complete unknown although I like his highlights and his body frame should be able to help rebounding and defending the line.
These users thanked the author logansdad2 for the post (total 2):
aggies22cdaAg

bpd

Re: Projected lineup/output

Post by bpd » June 21st, 2022, 9:06 am

I love your optimism, but you have us averaging over 100 points a game. We can only play 5 players at a time.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 2):
Aggiefan33apo

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » June 21st, 2022, 9:09 am

so...Adding up the low side of your scoring estimates, USU will average 106 points a game and probably win a national title.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 4):
aggies22USUaggieReal Life AggieAggiePT

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » June 21st, 2022, 9:13 am

nvspuds wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 9:09 am
so...Adding up the low side of your scoring estimates, USU will average 106 points a game and probably win a national title.
Yeah, imagine what we can do if they all got the high side of the estimates.

Aggies All the Way!

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » June 21st, 2022, 9:14 am

Just to be able to jack up that many shots would mean you would have the best defense in the country too..

logansdad2

Post by logansdad2 » June 21st, 2022, 9:31 am

I thought it was obvious that these are potential high in points per game. Obviously we will not be scoring 100 points tonight. Was just taking a guess at what an individual has the ability to give on a fairly regular basis. Only time will tell how this breaks down per game.

logansdad2

Post by logansdad2 » June 21st, 2022, 9:32 am

And yes I am work optimistic than most on this board.

aggieref

Post by aggieref » June 21st, 2022, 10:52 am

Here are my projections:

Steven Ashworth: 6-8 points per game
Ryland Jones: 4-6 points per game
RJ Eytel-Rock: 6-8 Points per game
Sean Bairstow: 12-14 points per game.
Max Shulga: 8-10 points per game.
Taylor Funk: 12-14 Points per game.
Zee Hamoda: 4-6 points per game.
Cade Potter: 4-6 Points per game.
Isaac Johnson: 6-8 points per game
Trevin Darius 2-4 Points per game
Simon Zapala: 2-4 Points per game
Mason Falslev: 6-8 Points for game.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » June 21st, 2022, 11:34 am

logansdad2 wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 9:32 am
And yes I am work optimistic than most on this board.
The word "optimistic" is very understated for what you are, but I like the enthusiasm and excitement 😁😉

Here is what each of the listed players did last year, along side your projections and % improvement. I think some of your numbers you are asking for are way out of reach for some of these guys, IMO.

Go Aggies!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 21st, 2022, 11:37 am

aggieref wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 10:52 am
Here are my projections:

This is a little closer. Obviously not everyone will play every game so you can't simply add up the individual averages to get a team average ppg number.

I don't think we'll get 10 - 16 pog out of the center position.

I think Bairstow will be closer to 8 - 9 pog.

If Falslev is going to get 8 ppg, EJR's numbers will come down from where you have them. Falslevs playing time and production will come at the expense of EJR.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 21st, 2022, 12:02 pm

Why does everyone in here think his name is Ryland Jones?
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
aggies22Real Life Aggie

AGGIEinIOWA

Projected lineup/output

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 21st, 2022, 12:57 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 11:37 am
aggieref wrote:
Here are my projections:

This is a little closer. Obviously not everyone will play every game so you can't simply add up the individual averages to get a team average ppg number.

If Falslev is going to get 8 ppg, EJR's numbers will come down from where you have them. Falslevs playing time and production will come at the expense of EJR.
Bean averaged 12.5 shots per game and Horvath averaged 10.5. Who is going to take those shots next season. Bairstow averaged 9.5 ppg on 7.5 shot attempts last year. I don't see him only scoring 8-9 ppg this season unless his number of attempts declines, which shouldn't happen. I see Funk and Bairstow both in the 10.5 - 12.5 range, which would mean that if they maintain their shooting percentages from last year, they will be in the 14-16 ppg range. I see us getting about the same number of shots from the pg position as last year, slightly more shots from the sg spot, and then less shots from center position (Horvath's shots go to Bairstow).

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2022, 2:06 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 12:02 pm
I think he's new.

SSaggie

Post by SSaggie » June 21st, 2022, 2:28 pm

Did someone say Zee and good outside shooter in the same breath? I would love this to be true but unfortunately very skeptical

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 21st, 2022, 2:55 pm

logansdad2 wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 8:51 am
My projections/guesses as to how players will perform this season after Watching a couple practices/scrimmages and Having talked to one insider who has seen many more practices and spends time with the team.

Steven Ashworth: 10-12 points per game will play much better and be more consistent this upcoming year. I believe he will shoot around 40% from three and find ways to finish more consistently at the rim and on drives with an improved floater. As a defender he will always give you a great effort and with more experience this year will have better positioning

Ryland Jones: 8-10 points per game improve health and conditioning will help him shoot and play better this year. When healthy last year he actually played quite well but because of his style and lack of elite conditioning was not ever really healthy very often last year. He seems to be somewhat stronger this year and in better shape overall. I believe this will lead to some improve play. Will always have high assist to turnover ratio but will need to improve finishing near the basket and better one on one defense but as a team defender is very good.

RJ Eytel-Rock: 10-12 Points per game seems to be in better shape to start the season. He looks somewhat slimmer and a little bit quicker. He is still very strong but does not have elite athleticism. I expect him to shoot a similar percentage from the outside as last year but I also expect him to finish in the lane better this year than last. He’s a good team defender because of size but struggles in one on one situation.

Sean Bairstow: 15-18 points per game. I expect him to be very good this year. I believe he will shoot a better percentage of from three and in the lane. Has always had a great first step and elite size and athleticism for his position. With improve strength and experience I believe he will learn how to finish in the lane and will shoot a higher three-point percentage. My guess would be somewhere around 30 to 35% from three. Defensively needs to improve on positioning but has the ability to be a very good defender.

Max Shulga: 8-10 points per game. Has always had good size and strength for the position. I believe he will have an excellent shooting year and will be improved finishing near the basket. Needs to have an aggressive offensive mindset as he has the Ability to get into the lane and make decisions but needs to be confident in his abilities. I believe he will shoot somewhere around 40% from three. Has the ability to be a very good on ball defender needs to have a better understanding of team defense.

Taylor Funk: 15-18 Points per game. Maybe the best player on the team this coming season. is very smooth and has a ability not to be sped up on the court. Very good shooter from all three levels. Has good athleticism and experience playing against tough competition. Seems to finish well around the rim. Is a willing passer and good position defender. Should be able to rebound well

Zee Hamoda: 10-14 points per game. I believe he has the highest upside on the team. Elite athleticism as a finisher and as a defender. Looks somewhat stronger this year but still thin. I think being more comfortable and having gained some experience at this level will have more confidence to show off his ability. Very long. Has a great first step and abilities shoot the ball well from all three levels. Needs to improve his mid range game. I believe he will shoot a high percentage from three and will finish while at the basket. Very good one on one defender but needs to have a better understanding of what it means to be a team defender but has excellent defensive abilities.

Cade Potter: 6-8 Points per game. Moves very well on the court and has very good size and quickness for the position. Has nice mid range shooting stroke and decent post moves. Can extend out to three point shooting range but not consistent from there yet. Needs to gain experience as a defender but has ability. Excellent strength and decent ballhandling skills. I expect him to be a very good player in years to come and needs time on the court.

Isaac Johnson: 8–10 points per game. Has excellent size and moves well for near seven footer. Obviously needs to improve strength but has excellent shooting touch at all three levels. Improve strength will help him finish better at the rim but he runs the floor very well for a big man. Needs time on the court but has ability to be a very good defender and decent shot blocker. Seems to be a willing passer out of the post.

Trevin Darius and Zapala: 6-8 Points per game both these guys have great size and some defensive ability. Neither of them have much offense ability other than to offensive rebound and garbage points on put backs and dunks. Both need to work on foot speed but but have the size to bang with bigger players.

Mason Falslve: 8-10 Points for game. Very high Upside he has Elite athleticism and quickness. Has deep shooting range but it is unproven and inconsistent at this point has excellent ability to finish around the rim. Obviously he needs experience but the ability is currently there

The other transfer whose name escapes me at this time is a complete unknown although I like his highlights and his body frame should be able to help rebounding and defending the line.
You have us scoring over 100 points per game. Remove about 30 points from that collective totals and that'll be closer.

I'll predict:
Steven Ashworth: 8-10 points per game
Rylan Jones: 8-10 points per game
RJ Eytle-Rock: 6-8 Points per game
Sean Bairstow: 10-12 points per game.
Max Shulga: 6-8 points per game.
Taylor Funk: 14-16 Points per game.
Cade Potter: 2-4 Points per game.
Isaac Johnson: 8-10 points per game
Trevin Dorius 2-4 Points per game
Zapala: 2-4 Points per game
Mason Falslev: 0-2 Points for game.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2022, 3:36 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 2:55 pm
logansdad2 wrote:

You have us scoring over 100 points per game. Remove about 30 points from that collective totals and that'll be closer.

I'll predict:
I’m not as high on our pg point production as you are.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 21st, 2022, 3:46 pm

slcagg wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
logansdad2 wrote:

I'll predict:
Considering Ashworth averaged nearly 9ppg and Rylan nearly 7ppg last season, I don’t think 8-10 for each of them is unreasonable, or at least 16-20 for the combination of the two.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2022, 4:18 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 3:46 pm
slcagg wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
logansdad2 wrote:

I'll predict:
Considering Ashworth averaged nearly 9ppg and Rylan nearly 7ppg last season, I don’t think 8-10 for each of them is unreasonable, or at least 16-20 for the combination of the two.
Well you got me! If one of them can take a step to 12 that would be big. Steven seemingly the most obvious.

coolag

Post by coolag » June 21st, 2022, 5:20 pm

Regulator of Class

cval

Post by cval » June 21st, 2022, 5:21 pm

Well, obviously you can't predict team performance by adding up the projected numbers of the players...

My prediction. A couple of guys will really break out and become more than we predict. Candidates are Funk, Bairstow, Ashworth, Potter, Zee.

A couple of guys will fade and be big disappointments. Candidates are Eytle-Rock, Shulga, Zee, Rylan...

Obviously there are more potential breakouts and busts than I guessed.

The key is for the coaches to identify the guys in each category and get them to be a team, not just a bunch of guys with their numbers added up.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 21st, 2022, 9:13 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 2:06 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 12:02 pm
I think he's new.
When a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

When someone butchers a stupid “Utah name” does it matter?

I mean, does he have a sister named Kynzleigh or Payzlee?

Shots fired, I know. :lol:

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 21st, 2022, 11:06 pm

Shulga will average a triple double and be a lottery pick, of course.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 2):
aggies22aggiesdidwhat

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » June 23rd, 2022, 12:37 am

Yossarian wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 11:37 am
aggieref wrote:
Here are my projections:

I'll take the over on Bairstow for sir :) assuming he stays healthy.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » June 23rd, 2022, 12:38 am

Intermeddler wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 11:06 pm
Shulga will average a triple double and be a lottery pick, of course.
Well yeah! That's kind of a no brainer ;)

Locked Previous topicNext topic