2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
TrueBlueFan
Posts: 607
Joined: August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 53 times

2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by TrueBlueFan » June 9th, 2022, 3:02 pm

I apologize if I simply missed it posted in another place but do we have any idea what the basketball schedule is shaping up to look like? I guess it is usually around the end of September the schedule is posted.


Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

VegasBornAggie
Posts: 123
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 9th, 2022, 4:40 pm



Sounds like they’re still working on an official date for BYU but the language leads me to believe that it’s definitely happening and we will have BYU in the spectrum this year. This time completely packed!



bpd
Posts: 1510
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by bpd » June 9th, 2022, 11:56 pm

Image



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 15684
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 486 times
Been thanked: 1347 times
Contact:

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by treesap32 » June 10th, 2022, 5:23 am

bpd wrote:
June 9th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Image
Image



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1655
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 661 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ThunderAggie » June 10th, 2022, 10:05 am

treesap32 wrote:
June 10th, 2022, 5:23 am
bpd wrote:
June 9th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Image
Image
I don’t think we want to play Golden State



SLB
Posts: 8099
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 951 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by SLB » June 10th, 2022, 10:48 am

I used to do the updates on the schedule by Twitter mining every stone to find the updates.



UStateTim
Posts: 475
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by UStateTim » June 10th, 2022, 11:31 am

Could be a neutral game in San Fransisco. Or could it actually be the Dons? I can’t imagine St Mary’s after last year’s game.



Pacobag
Posts: 792
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Pacobag » June 10th, 2022, 1:25 pm

Or maybe, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 10385
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 2557 times
Been thanked: 1076 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 10th, 2022, 1:39 pm

If it's a team local to the Bay Area, it could be U of San Francisco, Santa Clara, UC Berkeley or Stanford.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2500
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by bigblue » June 10th, 2022, 6:13 pm

bpd wrote:Image
I'm wanting to know the date of this game more than the opponent.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 409
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » June 11th, 2022, 9:08 am

According to HJ news it’s a home and home with USF. First game in San Fran
These users thanked the author Aggiesbleedblue for the post:
3rdGenAggie



ususports
Posts: 1897
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 707 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ususports » June 11th, 2022, 9:24 am




User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2803
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 574 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by OKAggie » June 11th, 2022, 10:55 am

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
June 11th, 2022, 9:08 am
According to HJ news it’s a home and home with USF. First game in San Fran
NCAA tourney team in 2022. Nice team to schedule. I’ve had about enough of Randy Bennett .
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
AngusAghipsterdoofus21


Nobody here knows anything.

bpd
Posts: 1510
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by bpd » June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm

The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 7055
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 1329 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 13th, 2022, 9:39 pm

bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.
At the Warriors arena and Vivint?

My first choice is of course USF in the Spectrum for our home game, but I would rather have a quality opponent like USF at Vivint even it means one less game in the Spectrum against an IPFW or Jackson State.

Stew had a thing with it not making much sense to bus down to Salt Lake to play a home game, but being willing to have our home game in a home/home is something that Odom, and even Craig Smith while it was him, would be more likely to do than Stew.

Opponents being equal, of course you have your home game be at your real home, but you take the opportunity to host a quality opponent at Vivint if it's that or nothing.



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by slcagg » June 14th, 2022, 9:06 am

bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.
Why would a game against a fellow g5 not be in a home and home situation? Makes no sense to me.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



Aggie84025
Posts: 6201
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 842 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie84025 » June 14th, 2022, 9:22 am

slcagg wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:06 am
bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.
Why would a game against a fellow g5 not be in a home and home situation? Makes no sense to me.
Agreed, i don't get the fear of teams trying to avoid true road games OOC. Nothing will get you more prepared for conference play then playing tough teams in true road games. With the net rankings a loss against a good team on the road will generally not negatively affect your ranking.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 7055
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 1329 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 14th, 2022, 11:12 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:22 am
slcagg wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:06 am
bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.
Why would a game against a fellow g5 not be in a home and home situation? Makes no sense to me.
Agreed, i don't get the fear of teams trying to avoid true road games OOC. Nothing will get you more prepared for conference play then playing tough teams in true road games. With the net rankings a loss against a good team on the road will generally not negatively affect your ranking.
One argument I could see is that NCAA Tournament games are played at NBA arenas so playing in an NBA arena can prepare you for playing with that kind of scenery.

It's even better if a game gets scheduled as part of a doubleheader, just to prepare you for the type of crowds you are going to have in an NCAA game, where you have fans of two other teams throughout the arena.



ususports
Posts: 1897
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 707 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ususports » June 14th, 2022, 11:20 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 11:12 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:22 am
slcagg wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:06 am
bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.
Why would a game against a fellow g5 not be in a home and home situation? Makes no sense to me.
Agreed, i don't get the fear of teams trying to avoid true road games OOC. Nothing will get you more prepared for conference play then playing tough teams in true road games. With the net rankings a loss against a good team on the road will generally not negatively affect your ranking.
One argument I could see is that NCAA Tournament games are played at NBA arenas so playing in an NBA arena can prepare you for playing with that kind of scenery.

It's even better if a game gets scheduled as part of a doubleheader, just to prepare you for the type of crowds you are going to have in an NCAA game, where you have fans of two other teams throughout the arena.
Or in the case of the Beehive Classic, our players could get used to hearing crickets and golf claps in an empty arena.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 6468
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 1061 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 18th, 2022, 7:13 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 11:12 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:22 am
slcagg wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 9:06 am
bpd wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm
The games against San Francisco will not be played on campus.

Also, don’t assume we will play byu. We probably will, but byu is byu.
Why would a game against a fellow g5 not be in a home and home situation? Makes no sense to me.
Agreed, i don't get the fear of teams trying to avoid true road games OOC. Nothing will get you more prepared for conference play then playing tough teams in true road games. With the net rankings a loss against a good team on the road will generally not negatively affect your ranking.
One argument I could see is that NCAA Tournament games are played at NBA arenas so playing in an NBA arena can prepare you for playing with that kind of scenery.

It's even better if a game gets scheduled as part of a doubleheader, just to prepare you for the type of crowds you are going to have in an NCAA game, where you have fans of two other teams throughout the arena.
Very few neutral site games have good size crowds comparable to what you'll see in the NCAA tournament.



Jjoey52
Posts: 3713
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Jjoey52 » June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm

Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
These users thanked the author Jjoey52 for the post (total 2):
IdaAg93aggies22


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aggie84025
Posts: 6201
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 842 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie84025 » June 26th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Cool, I was wondering if it would be in Logan or at the jazz stadium this year. It would be nice to end that streak this year.



ususports
Posts: 1897
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 707 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ususports » June 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Where are you seeing that? According to the podcast with Odom and Scotty G that was just posted, Odom said the BYU game isn’t finalized. It might be a 3 year deal with neutral site this year, Logan next, and then Provo. They might do just a two year home and home.



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 123
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 27th, 2022, 3:17 pm

ususports wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Where are you seeing that? According to the podcast with Odom and Scotty G that was just posted, Odom said the BYU game isn’t finalized. It might be a 3 year deal with neutral site this year, Logan next, and then Provo. They might do just a two year home and home.
It should be just a two year home and home. A neutral site game at the jazz arena is basically a 2 for 1 for BYU. Same as Utah if they don't want a home and home then we don't need them. Go schedule UVU or Weber State if we want in-state teams if those bozos won't do home and home deals



Aggie84025
Posts: 6201
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 842 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie84025 » June 27th, 2022, 3:20 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 3:17 pm
ususports wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Where are you seeing that? According to the podcast with Odom and Scotty G that was just posted, Odom said the BYU game isn’t finalized. It might be a 3 year deal with neutral site this year, Logan next, and then Provo. They might do just a two year home and home.
It should be just a two year home and home. A neutral site game at the jazz arena is basically a 2 for 1 for BYU. Same as Utah if they don't want a home and home then we don't need them. Go schedule UVU or Weber State if we want in state teams if those bozos won't do home and home deals
I get what you are saying, but I attended the last BYU/USU game at Vivint and the crowd was 50/50 between the 2. It was not a home game by any stretch for BYU at that game.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
BigVBAg



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 123
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by VegasBornAggie » July 18th, 2022, 2:12 pm

Has anyone heard anything else about our schedule and who were playing?



Jjoey52
Posts: 3713
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Jjoey52 » July 23rd, 2022, 8:48 pm

ususports wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Where are you seeing that? According to the podcast with Odom and Scotty G that was just posted, Odom said the BYU game isn’t finalized. It might be a 3 year deal with neutral site this year, Logan next, and then Provo. They might do just a two year home and home.
It was on a BYU Twitter feed I stumbled on.


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

dirtnsnow
Posts: 763
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by dirtnsnow » July 23rd, 2022, 11:15 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
July 23rd, 2022, 8:48 pm
ususports wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
June 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Just seen that BYU is coming to Logan in December, exact date TBA.
Where are you seeing that? According to the podcast with Odom and Scotty G that was just posted, Odom said the BYU game isn’t finalized. It might be a 3 year deal with neutral site this year, Logan next, and then Provo. They might do just a two year home and home.
It was on a BYU Twitter feed I stumbled on.
There are certain parts of the internet that you should avoid at all costs. Didn't your parents warn you?
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post (total 2):
aggies22Aggie19


Aggies All the Way!

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13810
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 1019 times
Been thanked: 1579 times
Contact:

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ProvoAggie » July 26th, 2022, 9:42 am

Looks like our first matchup in the Diamondhead is Seattle.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie19ThunderAggie



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1655
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 661 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ThunderAggie » July 26th, 2022, 10:08 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
July 26th, 2022, 9:42 am
Looks like our first matchup in the Diamondhead is Seattle.
I wonder if that means we get the IONA vs SMU winner. If so those are 2 really good teams and would be a great semifinal if we get past Seattle.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13810
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 1019 times
Been thanked: 1579 times
Contact:

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by ProvoAggie » July 26th, 2022, 4:05 pm

And now the full bracket is out.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8798
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 743 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by BigBlueDart » July 26th, 2022, 4:11 pm

So, here are the teams' final NET rankings from 2022:

Iona(89)/SMU(53)
Seattle(129)/USU(65)
Washington St(54)/George Washington(226)
Hawaii(172)/Pepperdine(285)

Yeah, we definitely got the more interesting side of the bracket.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
aggies22



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 123
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by VegasBornAggie » July 29th, 2022, 3:04 pm


Home opener is vs Utah Valley! Should be a good game!



Aggie84025
Posts: 6201
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 842 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie84025 » July 29th, 2022, 7:45 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Home opener is vs Utah Valley! Should be a good game!
Love the game, in state opponent who has been solid recently. The Aggies better come ready to play.



Aggie84025
Posts: 6201
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 842 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: 2022-2023 Basketball Schedule Update?

Post by Aggie84025 » July 29th, 2022, 7:46 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Home opener is vs Utah Valley! Should be a good game!
Love the game, in state opponent who has been solid recently. The Aggies better come ready to play.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic