Most Excited

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Re: Most Excited

Post by slcagg » June 16th, 2022, 7:42 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 12:03 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 11:18 am
It looks like he has range. Thanks to the Wolverines for the video...
He shoots it easily. The type of shooter that can shoot from well behind the line and doesn't change his form when he does. We haven't had that since Merrill.
Michigan and alabama have been big transfer portal players and they were on his short list. How many guys have we had sign with similar interest? Heck of a recruiting win for Odom
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 17th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Dude has some range, for sure.

Eutaw St. Aggie

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 17th, 2022, 1:28 pm

I think Funk is a heckuva player and will be one of our primary scorers. My only concern is that being a one and done player here, and using this year as a stepping stone to the NBA, he will undoubtedly be motivated to make himself look good and not so worried about establishing the Aggie program. I hope he buys into USU and Odom's team ball concept and doesn't get too selfish with the rock. If he can add the 10-15 lbs of muscle that he mentions, discipline himself to good quality shots, and gel with the team ball system, he could really be a high value add to the team.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
MrBiggle

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 18th, 2022, 2:31 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
June 17th, 2022, 1:28 pm
I think Funk is a heckuva player and will be one of our primary scorers. My only concern is that being a one and done player here, and using this year as a stepping stone to the NBA, he will undoubtedly be motivated to make himself look good and not so worried about establishing the Aggie program. I hope he buys into USU and Odom's team ball concept and doesn't get too selfish with the rock. If he can add the 10-15 lbs of muscle that he mentions, discipline himself to good quality shots, and gel with the team ball system, he could really be a high value add to the team.
I'm being told that Taylor Funk is fitting better than imagined.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
cdaAg

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » June 18th, 2022, 2:44 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Yeah, he will likely want to make himself look as good as possible for the nba, but if he’s smart that usually translates into him being the best teammate he can be and the Aggies being successful. We’ll see. Glad to hear he’s fitting well, we need him.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
aggies22

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 18th, 2022, 10:03 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
I don't think we need to worry about him being selfish. At least, based on his quotes in this article:

https://www.theaggship.com/get-to-know- ... ylor-funk/

He actually came to Utah State based on how unselfish of a team we were last year. He says that's the perfect fit for his game.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
aggies22FloridaAggie13cdaAg

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » June 19th, 2022, 8:04 pm

I'm hoping he's not afraid to shoot at the end of the game when we need a shot. We lost too many games due to that inadequacy last last year. I like Funk's game. I think he can be that guy.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post:
aggies22

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » June 19th, 2022, 8:18 pm

Is he Tyler Herro’s brother? The play and look a lot alike.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » June 20th, 2022, 1:49 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 15th, 2022, 3:08 pm
I'm being told that Taylor Funk is the REAL deal.
My 7 year old was at the Ryan Odom Basketball Camp, and he thought that Coach Taylor was really cool. I spoke to him just for a second and he was very nice.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
aggies22

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 20th, 2022, 5:43 pm

treesap32 wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
I don't think we need to worry about him being selfish. At least, based on his quotes in this article:

https://www.theaggship.com/get-to-know- ... ylor-funk/

He actually came to Utah State based on how unselfish of a team we were last year. He says that's the perfect fit for his game.
Thanks for sharing the article. He’s definitely saying the right things and seems to be a great fit. I feel much better now!

Locked Previous topicNext topic