Jaycee's Considering It?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Real Life Aggie

Jaycee's Considering It?

Post by Real Life Aggie » May 2nd, 2022, 10:36 pm

In case you guys didn't see this little exchange on Twitter:

Yossarian

Re: Jaycee's Considering It?

Post by Yossarian » May 2nd, 2022, 10:40 pm

He's not qualified. No college coaching experience.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Eutaw St. Aggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 2nd, 2022, 10:50 pm

Sure wish he could've been there to help Bean improve his shot in the off-season. I love Bean as much, maybe more, than most, but it baffles me how he couldn't have gotten connected with someone to reconfigure his shooting form.

ususports

Post by ususports » May 2nd, 2022, 11:16 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 10:50 pm
Sure wish he could've been there to help Bean improve his shot in the off-season. I love Bean as much, maybe more, than most, but it baffles me how he couldn't have gotten connected with someone to reconfigure his shooting form.
I think every Aggie fan was so frustrated with his 46.5% 3 point shooting his senior season. Especially, considering such a minimal improvement over his 23% 3 point shooting from the year before. Why didn’t anyone work with him on that?
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 9):
brownjeansPacobagosuaggieutaggiesJSHarveyAggiePTReckonerAggie in Boisethegreendalegelf

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 2nd, 2022, 11:25 pm

May 2nd, 2022, 10:50 pm
Justin worked tirelessly for two off-seasons with a shooting coach that is renowned for his work with NBA players.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 5):
aggiebornPacobaghipsterdoofus21Aggie in BoiseGreenAg

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 3rd, 2022, 1:19 am

Okay, calm down. I said his form sucked. He obviously shot the 3 at a good clip, but it was notable that he was hesitant to shoot against aggressive 3 point defense, and rightfully so, he was blocked several times this season.

Was this renowned shooting coach onboard with shooting from the chest?

Like I said, I think Bean was a great player and a great Aggie, he was possibly the best rebounder to ever play at USU, his midrange jumper is money, and he developed into a good three point shooter. But don't tell me his 3-point form was awesome. It was terrible. As bad as I recall seeing.

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » May 3rd, 2022, 8:26 am

May 3rd, 2022, 1:19 am
Okay, calm down. I said his form sucked. He obviously shot the 3 at a good clip, but it was notable that he was hesitant to shoot against aggressive 3 point defense, and rightfully so, he was blocked several times this season.

Was this renowned shooting coach onboard with shooting from the chest?

Like I said, I think Bean was a great player and a great Aggie, he was possibly the best rebounder to ever play at USU, his midrange jumper is money, and he developed into a good three point shooter. But don't tell me his 3-point form was awesome. It was terrible. As bad as I recall seeing.
If changing his form would have resulted in an even better percentage, sure…. but I will take a higher percentage of makes over “perfect” form.
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post (total 3):
aggies22brownjeansJSHarvey

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » May 3rd, 2022, 9:55 am

what is good form anymore! Look at a lot of NBA players and their form is terrible, but they still can shoot. I think at this point you work on getting better, more consistent, which he did, that changing form. Not sure when a good time is to change form, but i don't think it's while you're playing d1 ball.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 3rd, 2022, 10:09 am

Mark Jackson was chided for his shooting form coming out of St. John's in the mid-80's. They said he shot 'crooked'. He countered that it didn't matter as long he shot it the same way every time, he'd be just fine, and he was. Sort of like a golfer with a natural cut will know to aim a few yards left every shot.

He played about fifteen years in the NBA, and while coaching the Warriors, he used to beat Steph Curry in horse.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 3rd, 2022, 10:29 am

Well either way, hopefully he has an illustrious NBA career and makes us all proud!
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Reckoner

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » May 3rd, 2022, 1:57 pm

Mark Jackson is considered a bad shooter. They used to leave him open on purpose. And he probably beat Steph 2 out of 10. Maybe Steph was afraid of losing playing time.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13JSHarvey

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 3rd, 2022, 4:41 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 1:57 pm
Mark Jackson is considered a bad shooter. They used to leave him open on purpose. And he probably beat Steph 2 out of 10. Maybe Steph was afraid of losing playing time.

He has such an odd release.

I think we'd be surprised at how good of a shooter a 'bad' shooting NBA guard really is. Horse is obviously different than a game. Jackson only played one year in college with the three-point line and his NBA prime was pre-three-point mania, where shooting a three-pointer was considered high-risk and almost a waste of an offensive possession.

Frank Layden was actually a visionary in this regard. He pulled John Stockton aside after his rookie year and told him he needed to become a really good three-point shooter to be successful. His first three seasons, he was sub-20% from behind the arc.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
aggies22

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » May 3rd, 2022, 4:58 pm

Why isn’t there any stability in the womens BBALL program. Asst coaches have come and gone same with players. They lost their best player and scorer Quezada who transferred to SDSU - she was a transfer from another program so a two time transfer.

All the new transfers into USU this year are from smaller schools who havent produced much at those schools

stang

Post by stang » May 5th, 2022, 1:20 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 4:58 pm
Why isn’t there any stability in the womens BBALL program. Asst coaches have come and gone same with players. They lost their best player and scorer Quezada who transferred to SDSU - she was a transfer from another program so a two time transfer.

All the new transfers into USU this year are from smaller schools who havent produced much at those schools
When a season ends and you only have two players carrying over to the next season's roster (without a coaching change), there's typically only one place to point.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic