Conference Mates Offseason

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 9812
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by 2004AG » April 9th, 2022, 7:50 pm

smfdaggie wrote:
bpd wrote:
April 9th, 2022, 7:10 pm
nvspuds wrote:
April 9th, 2022, 6:16 pm
Players have until May 1st to enter the portal. If they don't make that deadline even the "One" time transfers have to seek a waiver to play right away..Those waivers will likely be granted but why go through that hassle if you don't have to.

The players transferring a second or even third or 4th time have to obtain a waiver or sit out a season. Most of those get granted but not all of them. Grad transfers also have to go through the waiver process if it is not their first time..

Anyhoo, May 1st is still almost 3 weeks away. Coaches may wait to pull the trigger on kicking a kid to the curb until they see what kind of help they can get from potential transfers coming on board.

There is still time for movement.
Not only that, but the spring signing period means pretty much nothing. It does not apply to transfers and it last 3 or 4 weeks. Most of our coaches are at AAU tournaments this weekend anyways.
You must be wrong. We’ve been told (multiple times) Odom doesn’t recruit and has no idea what kind of players we need here. :sarcasm:
You have not been told that a single time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
AggieFBObsession



aggies95
Posts: 84
Joined: January 8th, 2020, 11:07 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies95 » April 9th, 2022, 8:14 pm

Marc Rodgers killing it at Wyoming. They brought him on not a year ago as director of recruiting and he’s been great for them.
These users thanked the author aggies95 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21AggieFBObsession



Aggie19
Posts: 1439
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 1339 times
Been thanked: 922 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Aggie19 » April 10th, 2022, 7:47 am



Go Aggies!

Blitz79
Posts: 1828
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Blitz79 » April 10th, 2022, 9:09 am

Wyoming kicking as$. They've got to be favorites if Maldonado and Ike stay put.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post:
AggieFBObsession



slcagg
Posts: 11058
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3067 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » April 10th, 2022, 9:11 am

Blitz79 wrote:
April 10th, 2022, 9:09 am
Wyoming kicking as$. They've got to be favorites if Maldonado and Ike stay put.



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 835
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by SpectrumMagic » April 10th, 2022, 10:09 am

Blitz79 wrote:
April 10th, 2022, 9:09 am
Wyoming kicking as$. They've got to be favorites if Maldonado and Ike stay put.
If maldanado comes back will that be 6 years of college bball??



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 505
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 242 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by SwaggieAggie » April 10th, 2022, 12:06 pm

No one can convince me now of how impossible it is to bring ballers to Logan when Wyoming is bringing dudes like this to Laramie.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post (total 6):
2004AGhipsterdoofus21aggies22ShowMeAggieMadmartiganAggieFBObsession



Blitz79
Posts: 1828
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Blitz79 » April 10th, 2022, 12:14 pm

It's been said before, look at the football team. It is possible, but they will come for the coaches. The coaches need to make it happen. They are not coming for the mountains or the aggie ice cream.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post (total 4):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22FloridaAggie13AggieFBObsession



Bank Shot
Posts: 1113
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » April 10th, 2022, 4:37 pm

CSU's Dischon Thomas is transferring to Montana. Somewhat surprised he is not at least making a lateral move.



Swoll Cracker
Posts: 2
Joined: March 21st, 2022, 8:46 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Swoll Cracker » April 10th, 2022, 6:06 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
April 10th, 2022, 4:37 pm
CSU's Dischon Thomas is transferring to Montana. Somewhat surprised he is not at least making a lateral move.
Dischon chose Montana so that he could play with his brother Dorell who will be a freshman.
These users thanked the author Swoll Cracker for the post:
Bank Shot



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am

Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



slcagg
Posts: 11058
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3067 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2022, 8:02 am

What’s even more impressive about Wyoming is it would have been very easy for Linder to basically run it back. They’re returning their core from a NCAA Tourney team. Linder could have said “Cancun, baby, we’ll be back next year.” But instead, he said “f*** it, I want to win in the tourney, not just make it.”
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession



Bank Shot
Posts: 1113
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » April 11th, 2022, 8:34 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 8:02 am
What’s even more impressive about Wyoming is it would have been very easy for Linder to basically run it back. They’re returning their core from a NCAA Tourney team. Linder could have said “Cancun, baby, we’ll be back next year.” But instead, he said “f*** it, I want to win in the tourney, not just make it.”
Also interpreted as "f*** it, I want the Brinks truck in my driveway next spring".
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
ineptimusprime



Bank Shot
Posts: 1113
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm

Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.



SLB
Posts: 7300
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by SLB » April 11th, 2022, 4:45 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.
Moore short guards is what we need.



Blitz79
Posts: 1828
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Blitz79 » April 11th, 2022, 6:27 pm

Moore had a bad year. He had a couple of good games at the end, one of them against us. But no Moore please, there are plenty of better players available.



coolag
Posts: 1816
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by coolag » April 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm

This really is getting ridiculous that not one person has been let go yet. If Odom really thinks he can compete with 2 5'11 point guards that struggle against anyone even kind of good, and a "possible center" in Potter the greatest player no one has ever watched play we are in deeper shi+ than I thought.



utaggies
Posts: 6936
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by utaggies » April 11th, 2022, 7:13 pm

coolag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm
This really is getting ridiculous that not one person has been let go yet. If Odom really thinks he can compete with 2 5'11 point guards that struggle against anyone even kind of good, and a "possible center" in Potter the greatest player no one has ever watched play we are in deeper shi+ than I thought.
Hey, just a minute! Potter was the 7th leading rebounder on his team his senior year. Let that settle in for a moment. :shock:



Pacobag
Posts: 780
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Pacobag » April 11th, 2022, 8:19 pm

utaggies wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:13 pm
coolag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm
This really is getting ridiculous that not one person has been let go yet. If Odom really thinks he can compete with 2 5'11 point guards that struggle against anyone even kind of good, and a "possible center" in Potter the greatest player no one has ever watched play we are in deeper shi+ than I thought.
Hey, just a minute! Potter was the 7th leading rebounder on his team his senior year. Let that settle in for a moment. :shock:
Barring an unexpected injury or two, SLB might be about the only one who thinks Potter will be starting for USU next season.

Not that this lineup sounds impressive, but until we hear news otherwise, I think the starting lineup may look like this:

Jones
Eytle-Rock
Bairstow
Funk
New Recruit

Ashworth, Shulga, Zee, Zapala with rotational minutes, others will redshirt or get limited “blowout” minutes. I really hope Falslev is too good to redshirt. I think the new recruit needs to be a 1st/2nd all conference team type player for us to have a shot at finishing in the top half of the MW. Just my opinion of course.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14242
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 12084 times
Been thanked: 7742 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 8:41 pm

Pacobag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 8:19 pm
utaggies wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:13 pm
coolag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm
This really is getting ridiculous that not one person has been let go yet. If Odom really thinks he can compete with 2 5'11 point guards that struggle against anyone even kind of good, and a "possible center" in Potter the greatest player no one has ever watched play we are in deeper shi+ than I thought.
Hey, just a minute! Potter was the 7th leading rebounder on his team his senior year. Let that settle in for a moment. :shock:
Barring an unexpected injury or two, SLB might be about the only one who thinks Potter will be starting for USU next season.

Not that this lineup sounds impressive, but until we hear news otherwise, I think the starting lineup may look like this:

Jones
Eytle-Rock
Bairstow
Funk
New Recruit

Ashworth, Shulga, Zee, Zapala with rotational minutes, others will redshirt or get limited “blowout” minutes. I really hope Falslev is too good to redshirt. I think the new recruit needs to be a 1st/2nd all conference team type player for us to have a shot at finishing in the top half of the MW. Just my opinion of course.
I think Falslev proves too good to redshirt. But your potential starting line-up looks about right. Ashworth and Jones could flip-flop.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggieFBObsession



slcagg
Posts: 11058
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3067 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » April 11th, 2022, 9:16 pm

Pacobag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 8:19 pm
utaggies wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:13 pm
coolag wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm
This really is getting ridiculous that not one person has been let go yet. If Odom really thinks he can compete with 2 5'11 point guards that struggle against anyone even kind of good, and a "possible center" in Potter the greatest player no one has ever watched play we are in deeper shi+ than I thought.
Hey, just a minute! Potter was the 7th leading rebounder on his team his senior year. Let that settle in for a moment. :shock:
Barring an unexpected injury or two, SLB might be about the only one who thinks Potter will be starting for USU next season.

Not that this lineup sounds impressive, but until we hear news otherwise, I think the starting lineup may look like this:

Jones
Eytle-Rock
Bairstow
Funk
New Recruit

Ashworth, Shulga, Zee, Zapala with rotational minutes, others will redshirt or get limited “blowout” minutes. I really hope Falslev is too good to redshirt. I think the new recruit needs to be a 1st/2nd all conference team type player for us to have a shot at finishing in the top half of the MW. Just my opinion of course.
Seems like what I’m starting to expect. The question is how good of 5 can you pick up?

One key next year imo will be what can bairstow shoot from 3? Last year shot about 12.5% but the year previous was just under 40%. That is quite a swing. I’m sure some that was more pressure with his shots this past year.



bpd
Posts: 1485
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by bpd » April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.
LOL, the guy that wants to replace the entire roster is the same guy that wants to bring guard that can't shoot. Why would we bring in Moore, to back up RJ?
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
smfdaggie



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16838
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1460 times
Been thanked: 1879 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 11th, 2022, 9:44 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 6:27 pm
Moore had a bad year. He had a couple of good games at the end, one of them against us. But no Moore please, there are plenty of better players available.
And we’re not even looking for guards, not that we could sign one anyway.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14242
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 12084 times
Been thanked: 7742 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 9:55 pm

bpd wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.
LOL, the guy that wants to replace the entire roster is the same guy that wants to bring guard that can't shoot. Why would we bring in Moore, to back up RJ?
I think Mason Falslev will give RJ a run for his spot.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
smfdaggieslcagg



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2022, 10:04 pm

bpd wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.
LOL, the guy that wants to replace the entire roster is the same guy that wants to bring guard that can't shoot. Why would we bring in Moore, to back up RJ?
Well, Moore would have to be replacing a guard on our current roster. And forgive me for wanting a single guard on the roster that can actually get to the cup.

You can keep mocking me if you want. I'm going to continue throwing up about the roster we're putting out on the Court next year. It's looking like I'll have plenty of free time next winter once Football is done. We're gonna be rolling out an absolute (I can't express myself without swearing) team barring major upcoming changes.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 19849
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 1113 times
Been thanked: 1487 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by NVAggie » April 12th, 2022, 8:12 am

I'm still waiting to hear back about when we can all start panicking a little bit. It would seem that we are expecting some of our current roster to make giant leaps in the offseason. That is very risky.



slcagg
Posts: 11058
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3067 times
Been thanked: 2406 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » April 12th, 2022, 8:22 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:55 pm
bpd wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:27 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Per VC:
4/11/2022 - Colorado State 2018 PG Kendle Moore (6-0, 155, 2★) will be transferring.

USU doesn't have to worry about Moore and Thomas being a thorn in our side anymore.
I’d be down with some Kendle Moore at USU.
LOL, the guy that wants to replace the entire roster is the same guy that wants to bring guard that can't shoot. Why would we bring in Moore, to back up RJ?
I think Mason Falslev will give RJ a run for his spot.
I hope you are correct. I have a hope that Falslev is our next local great.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ThunderAggie » April 12th, 2022, 11:45 am

slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 9812
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by 2004AG » April 12th, 2022, 11:46 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.
We are all thrilled with Funk. We just need three more of him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 4):
utaggiesslcaggPacobagineptimusprime



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 12th, 2022, 11:55 am

2004AG wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.
We are all thrilled with Funk. We just need three more of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is correct. Funk is a fantastic addition. I won’t speak for everyone else, but my concern isn’t the quality of additions (I am confident Odom will fill the last spot with someone good too), but the lack in quantity of additions.

It’s lamenting the quality of the returning roster, the loss of two all-league guys, and trying to pencil out in my mind how we are going to be any better than 7th place again next year with replacing those guys being the only real movement. We’re banking on the conference getting worse and internal development from guys that for the most part haven’t shown much. There are pieces to work with on the returning roster, but I’d say most of the guys are all expected to contribute one level higher than their ability. It’s a Peter Principle thing we have going on here, IMO.



Pacobag
Posts: 780
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Pacobag » April 12th, 2022, 12:25 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:55 am
2004AG wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.
We are all thrilled with Funk. We just need three more of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is correct. Funk is a fantastic addition. I won’t speak for everyone else, but my concern isn’t the quality of additions (I am confident Odom will fill the last spot with someone good too), but the lack in quantity of additions.

It’s lamenting the quality of the returning roster, the loss of two all-league guys, and trying to pencil out in my mind how we are going to be any better than 7th place again next year with replacing those guys being the only real movement. We’re banking on the conference getting worse and internal development from guys that for the most part haven’t shown much. There are pieces to work with on the returning roster, but I’d say most of the guys are all expected to contribute one level higher than their ability. It’s a Peter Principle thing we have going on here, IMO.
Maybe Shulga, Potter, Zee or Zapala will really surprise you next season…



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 5825
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 2662 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » April 12th, 2022, 12:30 pm

Pacobag wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 12:25 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:55 am
2004AG wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.
We are all thrilled with Funk. We just need three more of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is correct. Funk is a fantastic addition. I won’t speak for everyone else, but my concern isn’t the quality of additions (I am confident Odom will fill the last spot with someone good too), but the lack in quantity of additions.

It’s lamenting the quality of the returning roster, the loss of two all-league guys, and trying to pencil out in my mind how we are going to be any better than 7th place again next year with replacing those guys being the only real movement. We’re banking on the conference getting worse and internal development from guys that for the most part haven’t shown much. There are pieces to work with on the returning roster, but I’d say most of the guys are all expected to contribute one level higher than their ability. It’s a Peter Principle thing we have going on here, IMO.
Maybe Shulga, Potter, Zee or Zapala will really surprise you next season…
Well, It seems that’s what we’re left with hoping at this point. I will always be an Aggie but I am not very excited for the season or the future of our program right now.



Pacobag
Posts: 780
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Pacobag » April 12th, 2022, 12:36 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 12:30 pm
Pacobag wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 12:25 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:55 am
2004AG wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:18 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:14 am
Wyoming is a fantastic case study of exactly what we should have been doing for the last month.

Step 1: clear out end of bench.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... b5291.html

Step 2: target and land impact transfers to fill the vacated scholarships.



I’m jealous. This proves it can be done, and shows that it should be able to get done here (Laramie can’t be any easier to recruit to).
Watch it, you may be told you don’t know anything :)

Agreed. Lindner is going to have a very nice position waiting for him after the end of next year barring major injuries on that roster. He is proving to be a very good coach.
I would take Funk over any of the Wyoming Pac 12 transfers. None of them averaged more than 5 points or 5 rebounds.
We are all thrilled with Funk. We just need three more of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is correct. Funk is a fantastic addition. I won’t speak for everyone else, but my concern isn’t the quality of additions (I am confident Odom will fill the last spot with someone good too), but the lack in quantity of additions.

It’s lamenting the quality of the returning roster, the loss of two all-league guys, and trying to pencil out in my mind how we are going to be any better than 7th place again next year with replacing those guys being the only real movement. We’re banking on the conference getting worse and internal development from guys that for the most part haven’t shown much. There are pieces to work with on the returning roster, but I’d say most of the guys are all expected to contribute one level higher than their ability. It’s a Peter Principle thing we have going on here, IMO.
Maybe Shulga, Potter, Zee or Zapala will really surprise you next season…
Well, It seems that’s what we’re left with hoping at this point. I will always be an Aggie but I am not very excited for the season or the future of our program right now.
If we land a center that is a little better than the one we had two seasons ago, I think we’ll be fine…



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic