Conference Mates Offseason

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 2227
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 4118 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by AggieFBObsession » May 2nd, 2022, 1:00 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
April 10th, 2022, 12:06 pm
No one can convince me now of how impossible it is to bring ballers to Logan when Wyoming is bringing dudes like this to Laramie.
This^^^^
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
AggiesForever



User avatar
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 2227
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 4118 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by AggieFBObsession » May 2nd, 2022, 1:04 pm

bpd wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm
LOL, the guy that wants to replace the entire roster is the same guy that wants to bring guard that can't shoot. Why would we bring in Moore, to back up RJ?
I was RJ's biggest fan when he decided to transfer to USU. But not anymore. Are you saying that RJ can shoot? If so, I must've missed something. I still like RJ, but I'm nowhere near his biggest fan anymore.



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 2nd, 2022, 1:07 pm

bpd wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm
truzzy wrote:
April 14th, 2022, 12:55 pm
aggies22 wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 10:24 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 1:41 pm
slcagg wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 12:54 pm
Are we even in the running here?
Nope.


Bobi to Colorado
Guess who is back on the market?
Any mutual interest?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14920
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 13824 times
Been thanked: 8568 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » May 2nd, 2022, 1:44 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 10:24 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 1:41 pm
slcagg wrote:
April 12th, 2022, 12:54 pm
Are we even in the running here?
Nope.
And we're BACK!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
AggieFBObsessionslcaggGeoAg



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 6321
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 1379 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Aglicious » May 2nd, 2022, 2:17 pm

This kid is a walking whiplash. Commits to Maryland, decommits from Maryland, commits to Colorado, decommits from Colorado....who's next?



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 2nd, 2022, 4:22 pm

Aglicious wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 2:17 pm
This kid is a walking whiplash. Commits to Maryland, decommits from Maryland, commits to Colorado, decommits from Colorado....who's next?
Could be classes etc.

I’d take him if he wanted to come here
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 18174
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 3658 times
Been thanked: 1330 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 2nd, 2022, 4:49 pm

Man, it really feels like it is 2am at a frat party and we are running out of time to be picky.



bpd
Posts: 1510
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by bpd » May 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm

There was a coaching change at Maryland, so understandable.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14920
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 13824 times
Been thanked: 8568 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » May 2nd, 2022, 6:58 pm

Aglicious wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 2:17 pm
This kid is a walking whiplash. Commits to Maryland, decommits from Maryland, commits to Colorado, decommits from Colorado....who's next?
Hopefully us.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 6003
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 2810 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by ineptimusprime » May 2nd, 2022, 8:51 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 4:49 pm
Man, it really feels like it is 2am at a frat party and we are running out of time to be picky.
We’re in spot where we kinda have to be picky. We only have one scholarship, right?

There are also a bajillion dudes in the portal so
I am sure we’ll find someone who wants to take the spot.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
FloridaAggie13



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 8th, 2022, 11:38 am

Nevada added a couple of guards this past week. 2 more open slots..



Bank Shot
Posts: 1125
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » May 8th, 2022, 2:04 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 8th, 2022, 11:38 am
Nevada added a couple of guards this past week. 2 more open slots..
Is your excitement level above .0001 on these 2?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14920
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 13824 times
Been thanked: 8568 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » May 8th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Udeze to New Mexico.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 8th, 2022, 6:38 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
May 8th, 2022, 2:04 pm
nvspuds wrote:
May 8th, 2022, 11:38 am
Nevada added a couple of guards this past week. 2 more open slots..
Is your excitement level above .0001 on these 2?
Way Way Way more excited...



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 8th, 2022, 6:40 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 8th, 2022, 5:24 pm
Udeze to New Mexico.
There sports writers have been saying something big was going to happen. I guess this was it. Great news for them. A strong New Mexico is good for the conference. If they have a good big with those guards they could be pretty good.



Bank Shot
Posts: 1125
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » May 8th, 2022, 6:52 pm

Too lazy to scroll back and see if this was mentioned, but BSU's big guy Armus is leaving to make some coin in Europe.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post (total 3):
aggies22slcaggFloridaAggie13



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 18174
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 3658 times
Been thanked: 1330 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 9th, 2022, 11:54 am

Bank Shot wrote:
May 8th, 2022, 6:52 pm
Too lazy to scroll back and see if this was mentioned, but BSU's big guy Armus is leaving to make some coin in Europe.
As a basketball player or collecting money for the Chechens?
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2677
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 998 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 9th, 2022, 12:22 pm

Bank Shot wrote:Too lazy to scroll back and see if this was mentioned, but BSU's big guy Armus is leaving to make some coin in Europe.
Glad that guy is moving on. His career best game against us in Logan was the difference in that one.

Any word if Orlando Robinson is coming back or not? We contained him well last year but I don’t care to try and do it again.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 10th, 2022, 8:36 pm

David Roddy and Orlando Robinson were invited to the NBA Combine..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
aggies22



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 11th, 2022, 10:07 pm

Nevada got another transfer today...One spot still open..This one is a 3 and D guy. Next one should be a big..



bwcrc
Posts: 423
Joined: November 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by bwcrc » May 12th, 2022, 6:38 am

nvspuds wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 10:07 pm
Nevada got another transfer today...One spot still open..This one is a 3 and D guy. Next one should be a big..
Any chance we can swap the 3 and D guy for one of our bigs?



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 12th, 2022, 7:08 am

No...



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm

And another for lobos. They are going to be a good team next year.




utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by utaggies » May 15th, 2022, 6:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm
And another for lobos. They are going to be a good team next year.

I am very surprised that Kenny G has any eligibility left.
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post (total 4):
NVAggieFloridaAggie13aggies22slcagg



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2765
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 571 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by NavyBlueAggie » May 16th, 2022, 10:21 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 1:00 pm
SwaggieAggie wrote:
April 10th, 2022, 12:06 pm
No one can convince me now of how impossible it is to bring ballers to Logan when Wyoming is bringing dudes like this to Laramie.
This^^^^
So totally spot on. We are, after all, selling an educational experience in a college town setting. Utah State is not a commuter school by any means and presents a true collegiate experience to students as they strive for additional education.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 14920
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 13824 times
Been thanked: 8568 times
Contact:

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by aggies22 » May 16th, 2022, 10:58 pm

utaggies wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 6:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm
And another for lobos. They are going to be a good team next year.

I am very surprised that Kenny G has any eligibility left.
I think he jumped into playing music professionally right out of high school. He's just now enrolling in college. His eligibility clock is ticking.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
FloridaAggie13



Bank Shot
Posts: 1125
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » May 18th, 2022, 10:27 am

Per Verbal Commits:

Fresno State 2019 PF Orlando Robinson (7-0, 235, 2★) is intending to forego his remaining eligibility in order to play professionally.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionAggie84025



Bank Shot
Posts: 1125
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Bank Shot » May 19th, 2022, 10:27 am

BSU is reporting that Marcus Shaver will return.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 24th, 2022, 6:24 pm

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Bank Shot



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 24th, 2022, 6:41 pm

I wish him well..He is a nice kid and a great player..



slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by slcagg » May 24th, 2022, 7:52 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 6:41 pm
I wish him well..He is a nice kid and a great player..
I feel for Nevada. Lost Washington, Cambridge and now Sheffield. That roughs!



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 6468
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 1061 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 24th, 2022, 7:57 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 7:52 pm
nvspuds wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 6:41 pm
I wish him well..He is a nice kid and a great player..
I feel for Nevada. Lost Washington, Cambridge and now Sheffield. That roughs!
Yep, Alford is a huge huge huge drop off from the MussBuss.



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 24th, 2022, 8:19 pm

I am not sorry to see any of the three guys go..Dez wanted to play with his brother..Washington got a 100 grand..I believe Sherfield leaving was a mutual decision. Players come and go. Alford could not go with the same roster he had last season.

I have no idea how next season will go but I have been happy with the new guys Alford brought in so far. I don't think we will see the twin towers approach. I am guessing 4 guard/wings and Baker. The team should shoot better, particularly from the 3 point line. I think they have good size across the board and should be better defensively. Rebounding is a question mark..

There is some nice experience in with a couple of seniors and a bunch of juniors. I don't think it will be all that bad going forward..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 2):
slcaggaggies22



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 6468
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 1061 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 24th, 2022, 9:09 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 8:19 pm
I am not sorry to see any of the three guys go..Dez wanted to play with his brother..Washington got a 100 grand..I believe Sherfield leaving was a mutual decision. Players come and go. Alford could not go with the same roster he had last season.

I have no idea how next season will go but I have been happy with the new guys Alford brought in so far. I don't think we will see the twin towers approach. I am guessing 4 guard/wings and Baker. The team should shoot better, particularly from the 3 point line. I think they have good size across the board and should be better defensively. Rebounding is a question mark..

There is some nice experience in with a couple of seniors and a bunch of juniors. I don't think it will be all that bad going forward..
Who are some of your coaching choices after Alford gets fired next year?



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Conference Mates Offseason

Post by nvspuds » May 24th, 2022, 9:27 pm

I don't think Alford is getting fired..



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic