Recruiting big board

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by nvspuds » May 10th, 2022, 11:49 am

I think you are a lighter shade of blue blood..Perhaps aquamarine..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
aggies22



Blitz79
Posts: 1891
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by Blitz79 » May 10th, 2022, 11:49 am

There you have it. New guy is not NBA caliber. We are doomed!



utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by utaggies » May 10th, 2022, 4:46 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:15 am
We were a few losses from another NCAA appearance. If that is “dismal” then maybe you should go be a Bulldog. :)
Two can play that game. We were a few losses (4 to be exact) from being in 10th place in the conference.

Perhaps you were thrilled with last season. I was not. I hope to be thrilled with next season or if not thrilled at least not disappointed.



TrueAG
Posts: 1600
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:19 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by TrueAG » May 10th, 2022, 4:52 pm

utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:46 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:15 am
We were a few losses from another NCAA appearance. If that is “dismal” then maybe you should go be a Bulldog. :)
Two can play that game. We were a few losses (4 to be exact) from being in 10th place in the conference.

Perhaps you were thrilled with last season. I was not. I hope to be thrilled with next season or if not thrilled at least not disappointed.
What were your expectations? They finished right about where I thought they would with a new Coach and who we lost. The days of playing no one and getting 25 wins with mediocre teams are over. Hopefully it's onward and upward from here.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
dirtnsnow



cval
Posts: 1301
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by cval » May 10th, 2022, 4:54 pm

We love to talk in extremes!

Neither dismal or thrilled are accurate. Suggesting that if we don’t buy dismal, then we must be thrilled is a strawman.

I was not satisfied with last year, but able to see some explanations to understand it. I am hopeful and confident that the improvement in scheduling will pay dividends while our performance in late game situations will improve.



utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by utaggies » May 10th, 2022, 5:48 pm

brcrc wrote,

“Last season was definitely frustrating with the inability to close out games or pull out a few wins from close games (hitting a few more free throws would have massively helped). There were some great moments when we saw what the team was capable of doing but for whatever reason it never fully came together. Part of that during the conference season was the MWC being stronger overall. And maybe looking at the season in isolation it could be considered "dismal" for what we expect year-to-year. But looking at it in context, I think last season was not all that bad. That context includes:

- The head coach suddenly and unexpectedly leaving.
- Queta was our second consecutive player drafted by an NBA team and we all knew we were somewhat thin behind Queta, who made up for a lot of the 2021 team's deficiencies.
- Prior recruits had not really panned out all that great to replace what we lost over the prior two seasons.
- We hire a new coach from the other side of the country with a much different philosophy and coaching style but were largely running back the same team as the prior year without Queta.
- Despite all of the close loses, the team always fought tough and never gave up.
- We saw marked improvement/development throughout the season with Baristow, Shulga, and Zee.

Overall, while there was a step backwards last season from where we were, I do not think it was all that unexpected. I trust the staff has a plan, even if they keep it very close to the vest, and has worked hard at implementing it. We should all expect to see forward progress this upcoming season. If not, I expect Odom's leash gets quite a bit shorter but he is still afforded another year or two thereafter to be successful.”


I appreciate your thoughts on this and agree with many of them. On paper we had our entire starting 5 (all juniors) returning (plus Anderson, our 6th man) from an NCAA tourney team — until we didn’t. After all was said and done only two of those six players returned and one of them was only a shell of his former self.

Losing a guy to the NBA isn’t a recipe for disaster. Not having an MWC-caliber replacement for him was. Our starting undersized guards were not as good as the two starters Craig Smith took with him. Only one of the two all-conference first teamers than Odom brought with him could even be considered MWC-level players on a contending team. Nevertheless, I believe we should have been more competitive in the conference than we were. Losing to the AFA? Going 1-8 against the top 4 teams in the conference? Both of those outcomes were terrible — however close some of the games were.

But hope springs eternal in Aggieville and I’ll again be cheering our boys on in the coming season come rain or shine.



utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by utaggies » May 10th, 2022, 5:55 pm

cval wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:54 pm
We love to talk in extremes!

Neither dismal or thrilled are accurate. Suggesting that if we don’t buy dismal, then we must be thrilled is a strawman.

I was not satisfied with last year, but able to see some explanations to understand it. I am hopeful and confident that the improvement in scheduling will pay dividends while our performance in late game situations will improve.
I hope for improvement, too. But specifically what scheduling improvements do you see that will help us improve upon a 7th place conference finish? And what improvements will be forthcoming that will allow us to not repeat our late-game failures — the law of averages? A go-to guy developing from returning players? A Jaycee-esque blossoming of one of the newbies?



cval
Posts: 1301
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by cval » May 10th, 2022, 6:21 pm

Pretty sure our NET rating was more than respectable throughout the season as a result of good scheduling. Better performance in late game situations both defensively and offensively is partly personnel and partly execution. The coaches can see that.

None of us know what adjustments they have up their sleeves or how they will use the new guys on offense or defense, but I expect improvements in both areas.

You guys like to add up the numbers of the players and use that to infer outcomes. Teams don't usually work like that. I choose to believe they are making plans on how to improve in those situations and we will see improvement next year.
These users thanked the author cval for the post:
utaggies



nvspuds
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by nvspuds » May 10th, 2022, 6:33 pm

I would have switched records with you..



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 2004
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Location: The Mighty City-State of Roy, Utah
Has thanked: 2308 times
Been thanked: 995 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 10th, 2022, 6:35 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:33 pm
I would have switched records with you..
And we would have gladly switched guards with you, but alas.



utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by utaggies » May 10th, 2022, 7:58 pm

TrueAG wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:52 pm
utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:46 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:15 am
We were a few losses from another NCAA appearance. If that is “dismal” then maybe you should go be a Bulldog. :)
Two can play that game. We were a few losses (4 to be exact) from being in 10th place in the conference.

Perhaps you were thrilled with last season. I was not. I hope to be thrilled with next season or if not thrilled at least not disappointed.
What were your expectations? They finished right about where I thought they would with a new Coach and who we lost. The days of playing no one and getting 25 wins with mediocre teams are over. Hopefully it's onward and upward from here.
* 20 wins
* beat St.Mary’s @ home
* beat UC Davis @ home
* split our games with SDS, CSU, BSU
* beat Nevada and Wyoming at home
* finish in the top four in the conference
* get a bye into the second round of the MWC tourney
* get an NIT bid

Only one of those eight goals/hopes/expectations were achieved. I, too, hope it is onward and upward from here.



AngusAg
Posts: 996
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 11:38 am
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AngusAg » May 10th, 2022, 8:55 pm

utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 7:58 pm
TrueAG wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:52 pm
utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:46 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:15 am
We were a few losses from another NCAA appearance. If that is “dismal” then maybe you should go be a Bulldog. :)
Two can play that game. We were a few losses (4 to be exact) from being in 10th place in the conference.

Perhaps you were thrilled with last season. I was not. I hope to be thrilled with next season or if not thrilled at least not disappointed.
What were your expectations? They finished right about where I thought they would with a new Coach and who we lost. The days of playing no one and getting 25 wins with mediocre teams are over. Hopefully it's onward and upward from here.
* 20 wins
* beat St.Mary’s @ home
* beat UC Davis @ home
* split our games with SDS, CSU, BSU
* beat Nevada and Wyoming at home
* finish in the top four in the conference
* get a bye into the second round of the MWC tourney
* get an NIT bid

Only one of those eight goals/hopes/expectations were achieved. I, too, hope it is onward and upward from here.
I'm having a hard time with your claims lately. In a previous post you claimed we had never lost seven home games prior to last season when in fact we lost eight home games in 1981-1982.

Now you're claiming we only accomplished one of your expectations when we knocked off two - NIT and split with SDSU. (unless, of course, you honestly expected us to split with all three. You serious Clark? With that team?).

I guess beating OK and Richmond and winning the Mytle Beach don't count for offsets since they weren't on your expectation list. Don't remember seeing your expectation list until now. Convinient.

Peace.



utaggies
Posts: 7148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by utaggies » May 10th, 2022, 9:44 pm

AngusAg wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 8:55 pm
utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 7:58 pm
TrueAG wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:52 pm
utaggies wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 4:46 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 6:15 am
We were a few losses from another NCAA appearance. If that is “dismal” then maybe you should go be a Bulldog. :)
Two can play that game. We were a few losses (4 to be exact) from being in 10th place in the conference.

Perhaps you were thrilled with last season. I was not. I hope to be thrilled with next season or if not thrilled at least not disappointed.
What were your expectations? They finished right about where I thought they would with a new Coach and who we lost. The days of playing no one and getting 25 wins with mediocre teams are over. Hopefully it's onward and upward from here.
* 20 wins
* beat St.Mary’s @ home
* beat UC Davis @ home
* split our games with SDS, CSU, BSU
* beat Nevada and Wyoming at home
* finish in the top four in the conference
* get a bye into the second round of the MWC tourney
* get an NIT bid

Only one of those eight goals/hopes/expectations were achieved. I, too, hope it is onward and upward from here.
I'm having a hard time with your claims lately. In a previous post you claimed we had never lost seven home games prior to last season when in fact we lost eight home games in 1981-1982.

Now you're claiming we only accomplished one of your expectations when we knocked off two - NIT and split with SDSU. (unless, of course, you honestly expected us to split with all three. You serious Clark? With that team?).

I guess beating OK and Richmond and winning the Mytle Beach don't count for offsets since they weren't on your expectation list. Don't remember seeing your expectation list until now. Convinient.

Peace.
I missed the 1981-82 team having 8 losses to 7 losses that last year’s team had. So I revise my statement to say that only one other Aggie team in nearly 70 years suffered more home losses than last season’s team did.

Yes, I expected the Aggies to win their home games even against the best teams in the conference. My comment was that I expected we would split our regular season games against SDS, CSU and BSU. We went 1-5.

Against CSU we were within one point twice during the last 30 seconds of the game @ CSU and down only by two points with 3 minutes to play in Logan. We lost both games. In our MWC tourney game against the Rams we were leading with three minutes remaining. So yes, THAT team, Clark, played mano-a-mano against CSU.

We were up by 3 points with under one minute left against BSU in Logan and lost. On the road against the Broncos we were within 2 points with under 3 minutes left and lost. So yes, THAT team, Clark, played mano-a-mano against BSU.

Since you are clamoring to know, I didn’t think we’d beat Oklahoma and wasn’t sure about Richmond.

So what were you expectations for the season, Skippy? A home loss to UC Davis? A loss to the AFA? A 7th place conference finish? 7 home losses? Or were you, too, more optimistic?
Last edited by utaggies on May 10th, 2022, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG
Posts: 1473
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by Dwigt » May 10th, 2022, 9:47 pm

These users thanked the author Dwigt for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieTurtle


Me winning the ‘20 weekly pick’em was a complete fluke.

slcagg
Posts: 11693
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3266 times
Been thanked: 2716 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by slcagg » May 10th, 2022, 9:47 pm

We historically have been a better program than csu and bsu. I don’t see any reason why I disagree with going .500 against those programs.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 6003
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 2810 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by ineptimusprime » May 10th, 2022, 11:12 pm

I have super mixed feelings about last year. It was nowhere near our worst year ever, but it was probably the most frustrating year I’ve experienced as a USU fan because there were so many highs and lows.

- Beating Richmond, throttling NMSU, beating Oklahoma, winning Myrtle Beach, getting one against SDSU, and making the NIT were all enjoyable.
- Losing to UC-Davis, Air Force, losing close games, and an overall disappointing conference campaign were not so enjoyable.

The thing compounding the frustration is that if the staff simply had done a couple things last offseason that a healthy number of people on this board were calling/hoping for (encouraging Miller to retire and adding a true post presence and scoring guard from the portal), I think things could have gone very differently.

I worry we are in for more of the same feeling next year. I am a broken record on this, but the moves this offseason have really just been to patch the holes from departing players — there’s been nothing so far to address either of the issues that killed us last year: (1) having no clutch, shot-creating guard to get a bucket in end of game scenarios; and (2) having no playable true 5 for certain matchups. Maybe we address one of these with the last scholarship?

On one hand, I appreciate and respect them trying to win with the hand they’ve been dealt. On the other, it really makes no sense to play the game that way when the rules now allow you essentially re-shuffle and draw a new hand without penalty in the transfer portal era.

Oh well, we’ll see what happens.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
aggies222004AGNVAggie



Chupamedia
Posts: 1314
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by Chupamedia » May 11th, 2022, 9:38 am

Still to be seen but I think Faslev is that clutch, shot creating guard. And Miller retired - progress?
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post:
utaggies



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 592
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by SwaggieAggie » May 11th, 2022, 9:43 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 11:12 pm
I have super mixed feelings about last year. It was nowhere near our worst year ever, but it was probably the most frustrating year I’ve experienced as a USU fan because there were so many highs and lows.

- Beating Richmond, throttling NMSU, beating Oklahoma, winning Myrtle Beach, getting one against SDSU, and making the NIT were all enjoyable.
- Losing to UC-Davis, Air Force, losing close games, and an overall disappointing conference campaign were not so enjoyable.

The thing compounding the frustration is that if the staff simply had done a couple things last offseason that a healthy number of people on this board were calling/hoping for (encouraging Miller to retire and adding a true post presence and scoring guard from the portal), I think things could have gone very differently.

I worry we are in for more of the same feeling next year. I am a broken record on this, but the moves this offseason have really just been to patch the holes from departing players — there’s been nothing so far to address either of the issues that killed us last year: (1) having no clutch, shot-creating guard to get a bucket in end of game scenarios; and (2) having no playable true 5 for certain matchups. Maybe we address one of these with the last scholarship?

On one hand, I appreciate and respect them trying to win with the hand they’ve been dealt. On the other, it really makes no sense to play the game that way when the rules now allow you essentially re-shuffle and draw a new hand without penalty in the transfer portal era.

Oh well, we’ll see what happens.
Oh I agree. The moves have been just "patch the holes." Not necessarily get better. Horvath and Bean were arguably the best frontcourt duo in the conference last year, and we were still below .500 in conference play. Queta was an NBA-caliber, all-time Aggie great, and that still wasn't enough to win the conference in 2021 or win a game in March. You NEED dynamic guard play, or at a minimum, a dude who can create his own shot to compete for a conference title. It's just hard to think things will be much different from last year.



USUaggie
Posts: 423
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:23 am
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by USUaggie » May 11th, 2022, 10:14 am

So, we all know aggies22 can't jeopardize his sources on the last commitment, but bpg and AGGIE10, you both know who it is, right? You are the ones that need to spill the beans, or at least give out enough clues that will lead to a correct guess.
These users thanked the author USUaggie for the post:
Stockypoo2212



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 11:06 am

I do know who it is. I feel like I've given some pretty good clues. Let's refresh.
1) Ties to our coaching staff
2) transfer ( I'll add he has 1 year to play)
3) Brings plenty of diversity.

There is another great clue in this thread that might have been misinterpreted a bit. AND ASKING the right questions in your mind might get you there.
These users thanked the author AGGIE#10 for the post:
SlumJum



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 639
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by frankiesaysrelax » May 11th, 2022, 11:19 am

AGGIE#10 wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:06 am
I do know who it is. I feel like I've given some pretty good clues. Let's refresh.
1) Ties to our coaching staff
2) transfer ( I'll add he has 1 year to play)
3) Brings plenty of diversity.

There is another great clue in this thread that might have been misinterpreted a bit. AND ASKING the right questions in your mind might get you there.
Has the recruit's name been mentioned anywhere in this thread?



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 11:26 am

No.



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2614
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 445 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by JonnyCienPesos » May 11th, 2022, 11:27 am

AGGIE#10 wrote:No.
Just tell them so they get on with complaining about it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

browntown
Posts: 99
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 2:21 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by browntown » May 11th, 2022, 11:30 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:19 am
AGGIE#10 wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:06 am
I do know who it is. I feel like I've given some pretty good clues. Let's refresh.
1) Ties to our coaching staff
2) transfer ( I'll add he has 1 year to play)
3) Brings plenty of diversity.

There is another great clue in this thread that might have been misinterpreted a bit. AND ASKING the right questions in your mind might get you there.
Has the recruit's name been mentioned anywhere in this thread?
Is it the recommitment of a current player? :sarcasm:

As a real question will we know by the end of the month?



LarryTheAggie
Posts: 1169
Joined: July 4th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 480 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by LarryTheAggie » May 11th, 2022, 11:35 am

Is it this guy? He originally had an offer from UMBC. And I have not seen him discussed.

https://247sports.com/player/josh-ogundele-46055495/



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 11:38 am

I thought we might know by now. Not sure of the holdup other than admissions might be taking a while. The last guess is not right but is getting closer.



AngusAg
Posts: 996
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 11:38 am
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AngusAg » May 11th, 2022, 11:59 am

Qudus Wahab?



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 12:12 pm

usubullzone wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 10:51 am
Image

RJ posted this 30 minutes ago…

Any news 22?
Hmm? This was interesting.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2677
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 998 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm

AGGIE#10 wrote:
usubullzone wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 10:51 am
Image

RJ posted this 30 minutes ago…

Any news 22?
Hmm? This was interesting.
Does Daniel Akin (RJ’s former UMBC teammate and fellow London baller) have any eligibility left? He seems to fit many of the clues.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies1



aggieref
Posts: 55
Joined: January 15th, 2011, 11:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by aggieref » May 11th, 2022, 12:23 pm

Is he an aircraft carrier?



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 12:23 pm

AGGIE#10 wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:06 am
I do know who it is. I feel like I've given some pretty good clues. Let's refresh.
1) Ties to our coaching staff
2) transfer ( I'll add he has 1 year to play)
3) Brings plenty of diversity.

There is another great clue in this thread that might have been misinterpreted a bit. "AND ASKING" the right questions in your mind might get you there.
Someone might have picked up this clue!!



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 6321
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 1379 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by Aglicious » May 11th, 2022, 12:32 pm

AngusAg wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:59 am
Qudus Wahab?
There's been multiple references to him in the thread so I had assumed this was the guy. I have not seen anything from him or his camp hinting that this is the case though so I have been waiting for another name to surface but nothing has happened.



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 12:35 pm

Aglicious wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 12:32 pm
AngusAg wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:59 am
Qudus Wahab?
There's been multiple references to him in the thread so I had assumed this was the guy. I have not seen anything from him or his camp hinting that this is the case though so I have been waiting for another name to surface but nothing has happened.
Nope.



AGGIE#10
Posts: 68
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIE#10 » May 11th, 2022, 12:39 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm
AGGIE#10 wrote:
usubullzone wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 10:51 am
Image

RJ posted this 30 minutes ago…

Any news 22?
Hmm? This was interesting.
Does Daniel Akin (RJ’s former UMBC teammate and fellow London baller) have any eligibility left? He seems to fit many of the clues.
Bingo!! Did anyone pick up my word scramble clue?
AND AsKINg.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2677
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 998 times

Recruiting big board

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 11th, 2022, 12:46 pm

AGGIE#10 wrote:
AGGIE#10 wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 11:06 am
I do know who it is. I feel like I've given some pretty good clues. Let's refresh.
1) Ties to our coaching staff
2) transfer ( I'll add he has 1 year to play)
3) Brings plenty of diversity.

There is another great clue in this thread that might have been misinterpreted a bit. "AND ASKING" the right questions in your mind might get you there.
Someone might have picked up this clue!!
If it’s Akin it would make sense that it’d take some time to get paperwork cleared. Has ties to the staff, former teammate of RJ’s, plenty of diversity (foreign and African descent), 1 year left (maybe), and a likely rotational player. I think Akin would be a good pickup as he’s seasoned, high energy, active rebounder, defensive presence, and athletic. He did put up 11 pts and 8 rbs last year in 27 minutes per game in the WAC. Downside is only 1 year, if any left, and has never made a 3 pt shot in his 5 year college career. If he can do the other things well, then I can live with the stated downside. At least he knows what he is and sticks to it.
Last edited by AGGIEinIOWA on May 11th, 2022, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic