Eric Peterson

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl
Posts: 1160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Eric Peterson

Post by aggies1 » March 15th, 2022, 3:30 pm

Eric Peterson, our head assistant under Craig smith who is now at Utah was just hired to be the head coach at University of South Dakota. Good hire in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/15 ... 4195237888
These users thanked the author aggies1 for the post (total 6):
Aggie19slcaggFloridaAggie133rdGenAggieAggieArmycdaAg



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3597
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Farmington
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 452 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by ratofallaggies » March 15th, 2022, 4:15 pm

aggies1 wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 3:30 pm
Eric Peterson, our head assistant under Craig smith who is now at Utah was just hired to be the head coach at University of South Dakota. Good hire in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/15 ... 4195237888
Great hire. That's going to hurt Utah's recruiting......



User avatar
CaptainChaos
Posts: 1461
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:58 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by CaptainChaos » March 15th, 2022, 4:23 pm

Did he not get a huge pay bump going with Craig? Maybe he wanted to get out of SLC before things fell apart even more?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15402
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 14848 times
Been thanked: 9170 times
Contact:

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2022, 4:48 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:23 pm
Did he not get a huge pay bump going with Craig? Maybe he wanted to get out of SLC before things fell apart even more?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There you go.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 10655
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 2721 times
Been thanked: 1212 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm

I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15402
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 14848 times
Been thanked: 9170 times
Contact:

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2022, 5:01 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm
I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.
Betting on themselves seems to be the theme today.



slcagg
Posts: 12011
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3408 times
Been thanked: 2834 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by slcagg » March 15th, 2022, 5:11 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 5:01 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm
I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.
Betting on themselves seems to be the theme today.
What else are you referring to? Cam lampkin?



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 20403
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 3206 times
Been thanked: 1529 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by ViAggie » March 15th, 2022, 5:11 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm
I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.
I'm guessing they matched or raised the amount they'll pay him, money talks


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg
Posts: 12011
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3408 times
Been thanked: 2834 times

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by slcagg » March 15th, 2022, 5:11 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:15 pm
aggies1 wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 3:30 pm
Eric Peterson, our head assistant under Craig smith who is now at Utah was just hired to be the head coach at University of South Dakota. Good hire in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status/15 ... 4195237888
Great hire. That's going to hurt Utah's recruiting......
He is going to be great.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15402
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 14848 times
Been thanked: 9170 times
Contact:

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2022, 5:22 pm

ViAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 5:11 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm
I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.
I'm guessing they matched or raised the amount they'll pay him, money talks
Not at South Dakota it doesn't.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15402
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 14848 times
Been thanked: 9170 times
Contact:

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2022, 5:23 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 5:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 5:01 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 4:56 pm
I know we refuse to believe it around here, but it's not that weird to imagine someone leaving a little money on the table in the short term to bet on themselves and be in charge of their own program...especially a program they're intimately familiar with.

Peterson taking the USD job is not surprising, even if it was less money than head assistant at Utah.
Betting on themselves seems to be the theme today.
What else are you referring to? Cam lampkin?
I'm probably going to make fun of this phrase for few weeks.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg



Locked Previous topicNext topic