Pump pump pump

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Pump pump pump

Post by tipitup » March 10th, 2022, 9:22 pm

I know the season is over, but I really have enjoyed watching them play. I just hope that we can figure out a way to just shoot the ball in rhythm than trying to pump fake on every shot. We pump fake a clean shot then take a worse shot after. Crazy, I don’t think I’ve seen more guys as a collective pump fake more than this group
These users thanked the author tipitup for the post (total 2):
aggieguy13MrBiggle

Aggie84025

Re: Pump pump pump

Post by Aggie84025 » March 10th, 2022, 9:53 pm

I certainly love these players, but this was a hard team for me to watch at times especially in close games. Not tonight, I could not be more proud of how they fought tonight against a really good team.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 10th, 2022, 10:01 pm

Between RJER and Jones they pump fake the heck outta the ball. I would estimate 90% of the time, it's wild.

I think they are both good players, and maybe they are exercising wisdom in the pump fakes, but they do it more than any two players I've ever seen.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 10th, 2022, 10:02 pm

I’ve been tired of this team for a while. They fight hard. They are great guys. It has just been a rough season. We had it in our grasps to have a good season and let it slip away.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Aggie84025

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 11th, 2022, 12:34 am

The guys looked very nervous and tentative in this game. It's like nobody wanted to take a shot. No catch and shoot rhythm in outside shots.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 11th, 2022, 12:41 am

Always proud to be an Aggie, but this was a tough season to suffer through. We didn’t quite have a bad team and we didn’t quite have a good team. It wasn’t the worst season we’ve had in the last decade, but it was easily the most frustrating.

I am glad it’s over and look forward to hopefully seeing some positive roster changes in the coming weeks and months.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
aggiesdidwhat

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » March 11th, 2022, 7:09 am

Can we please find a player (maybe even 2) who can hit a 3?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 11th, 2022, 7:53 am

Our only three of the game came from our best three point shooter. He shot 1-4 for the game. Ashworth was 0-4. Luckily, CSU also shot poorly. If we hit a few of the easy shots that we left out there we win.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 11th, 2022, 8:02 am

We missed six shots inside the lane in the 2nd half.

aggieblue2

Post by aggieblue2 » March 11th, 2022, 8:09 am

I was very pleased with the overall effort by the team. Their shooting from beyond the arch was atrocious. There are some great guys on this squad. Hopefully a few will be able to play professionally.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 11th, 2022, 5:08 pm

We were playing well enough defensively and CSU was shooting so poorly from outside, that we could have won this game going away. All we had to do was shoot 25% from three and we win comfortably. This team was playing so nervous and afraid. They were so loose during the second half against AFA - they were having fun and shots were falling. We had the same open looks in this game, we were just tight. Maybe it was fatigue from playing the day before? Maybe it was fatigue from working so hard on defense? The problem is --- the shooting woes were not just a one game thing. It was all year long. Someone needs to give the guys a key to the church during the spring/summer/fall months so they can work on three point shooting.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 11th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 5:08 pm
We were playing well enough defensively and CSU was shooting so poorly from outside, that we could have won this game going away. All we had to do was shoot 25% from three and we win comfortably. This team was playing so nervous and afraid. They were so loose during the second half against AFA - they were having fun and shots were falling. We had the same open looks in this game, we were just tight. Maybe it was fatigue from playing the day before? Maybe it was fatigue from working so hard on defense? The problem is --- the shooting woes were not just a one game thing. It was all year long. Someone needs to give the guys a key to the church during the spring/summer/fall months so they can work on three point shooting.
Or make 3 more free throws.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2022, 5:26 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 5:08 pm
Having keys to a church worked well for Justin.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » March 13th, 2022, 3:35 pm

:bangwall: The pump fake that totally fakes the defender out, the pivot to a wide-open shot!!!!!!.........pump fake again, and that allows the defender to recover and maybe even enough time for a double team. BLOCK!!!!

Jones driving into a triple team .........picking up his dribble on the outside.....

OK, love my aggies and this was a fun season to watch. Looking back? Did we overachieve?

Beware: False narratives about how powerful conspirators are plotting against the common man told by deceptive hucksters who have personal, and often financial, incentives to lie.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 13th, 2022, 3:47 pm

El Sapo wrote:
March 13th, 2022, 3:35 pm
:bangwall: The pump fake that totally fakes the defender out, the pivot to a wide-open shot!!!!!!.........pump fake again, and that allows the defender to recover and maybe even enough time for a double team. BLOCK!!!!

Jones driving into a triple team .........picking up his dribble on the outside.....

OK, love my aggies and this was a fun season to watch. Looking back? Did we overachieve?
Nah, this is about how I thought we'd end up. I didn't expect the roller coaster, though. The highs had me going for better while the lows had me fearing it would get worse.

Aggies All the Way!

Locked Previous topicNext topic