We all wanted to play good teams…

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
flying_scotsman2.0

We all wanted to play good teams…

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 20th, 2022, 9:48 am

Well now we finally have the conference we’ve all been clamoring for. Good opponents every week. I love it. I’ll take a losing streak for now, we won’t be down forever. But having good opponents to look forward to is a lot of fun.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
AggiePT

AggiePT

Re: We all wanted to play good teams…

Post by AggiePT » January 20th, 2022, 9:50 am

We might not win em all this season, but it does make for good entertainment. The MWC tourney might be pretty fun to see this year.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 20th, 2022, 9:59 am

I feel that Odom is doing a good job for the most part. These are good teams we are playing and the kids are not quitting. He's probably getting more out of this limited talent pool than a lot of coaches might, in my opinion.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » January 20th, 2022, 10:07 am

To this point, if we lost this many games in previous years or conferences, our NET(RPI in the past) would be absolutely shot. It’s not though. We are still sitting around 70 with lots of Q1/Q2 games left, plus the MWC tourney which should provide probably 2 more Q1 games being a neutral site. (We should get away status for playing UNLV on their home court..) if we can beat BSU tonight and SDSU next week, our NET will likely be sitting around mid to low 50’s. We steal an away game from one of the top 6 and we will be right back in the 40’s range. Our losses haven’t hurt us outside of AF so far in conference. We’ve just missed great opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 20th, 2022, 10:33 am

It is awesome, we all want to win all of our games, but the conference is really improved this year. I don't expect the Aggies to win all of them, but we need to start pulling out some of them. I feel like the team is still playing hard for Odom and each other even with the losses. We have not been far off from flipping that record from 1-4 to 4-1 in conference.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » January 20th, 2022, 1:05 pm

This current slate of games has felt and looked more like a power conference than a mid major. Power conferences teams go .500 and make it in. We don’t have that much leeway but the concept is the same. We need to win some but it hasn’t hurt us to lose some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic