Scotty G

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bigskysbro

Scotty G

Post by bigskysbro » January 15th, 2022, 9:17 pm

Anyone at the game know what happened that Scotty said he wouldn’t talk about? Said something to the effect of “I’m sure the conference will review that”? TIA

travelingagg

Re: Scotty G

Post by travelingagg » January 15th, 2022, 9:42 pm

I was watching the broadcast and it seemed like Coach O was livid and then Scotty said the ref got right in the face of Coach O in what sounds like an aggressive way. I’m sure others on this board were at the game and saw whatever it was.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 15th, 2022, 9:47 pm

The ref acted like he wanted to fight. Haven't seen this refs before
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
aggies22

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » January 15th, 2022, 9:53 pm

travelingagg wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 9:42 pm
I was watching the broadcast and it seemed like Coach O was livid and then Scotty said the ref got right in the face of Coach O in what sounds like an aggressive way. I’m sure others on this board were at the game and saw whatever it was.
I saw the broadcast too. Coach O was livid about something and it must’ve been something pretty blatant or something said to him by an official because I haven’t seen him that livid before.
If the referee lost his cool and said something to him and got in his face aggressively. Then this official should not be officiating games at the college level. There also needs to be an immediate review of it if true.
I don’t want to jump to conclusions though. If anyone at the game could clarify what went on that would be amazing!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 15th, 2022, 10:08 pm

Ike was really physical and getting away with it. He turned in hard with an elbow and the ref called a foul on USU. Odom was already boiling and he and ref got into a shouting match and a stare off.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
aggiesdidwhat

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » January 16th, 2022, 12:56 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 10:08 pm
Ike was really physical and getting away with it. He turned in hard with an elbow and the ref called a foul on USU. Odom was already boiling and he and ref got into a shouting match and a stare off.
It was this. Scotty G was talking bad about the refs then said, "We better stop and just ficus on calling the game" basically getting really worked up about the official and their calls.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 16th, 2022, 7:58 am

On the call Odom and Scotty were freaking out about, I didn’t see an offensive foul on Ike on replay. I think the officials got it right. :noidea:

I think Odom is probably feeling pretty stressed out right now with what’s happening and how difficult it’s going to be to fix the roster in the offseason.

cval

Post by cval » January 16th, 2022, 1:49 pm

Interesting. I saw the replay too, and thought Ike used his elbow and shoulder to move Horvath backwards about 3 feet from his spot.

I thought the crowd reaction to the replay was part of why the ref was so mad at Odom.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 16th, 2022, 6:23 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 7:58 am
On the call Odom and Scotty were freaking out about, I didn’t see an offensive foul on Ike on replay. I think the officials got it right. :noidea:

I think Odom is probably feeling pretty stressed out right now with what’s happening and how difficult it’s going to be to fix the roster in the offseason.
On that play, there was definitely an offensive foul missed. Horvath was in a legal guarding position and was forcibly dislodged by Ike. Other than the tech (which lost the game) the coaching staff responded correctly and guys started to make sure they fell when the bump came from Ike. As a result he got two offensive fouls on subsequent plays that were exactly the same except the defense went down. Poor reffing to force a player to the floor to get a correct call. Even poorer coaching to lose control in that situation in a tight game.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 16th, 2022, 7:57 pm

GeoAg wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 6:23 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

On that play, there was definitely an offensive foul missed. Horvath was in a legal guarding position and was forcibly dislodged by Ike. Other than the tech (which lost the game) the coaching staff responded correctly and guys started to make sure they fell when the bump came from Ike. As a result he got two offensive fouls on subsequent plays that were exactly the same except the defense went down. Poor reffing to force a player to the floor to get a correct call. Even poorer coaching to lose control in that situation in a tight game.
I'd blame the 0/11 from 3 by all players not named Bean or Jones for the loss far more than 2 free throws.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 16th, 2022, 7:59 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 7:57 pm
GeoAg wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 6:23 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

I'd blame the 0/11 from 3 by all players not named Bean or Jones for the loss far more than 2 free throws.
That too

Aggie-Man

Post by Aggie-Man » January 17th, 2022, 8:23 pm

Or Horvath’s abysmal free throw shooting.

Locked Previous topicNext topic