Scratch a name off the recruiting board

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggieborn
Posts: 170
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieborn » January 14th, 2022, 12:30 pm

Don’t know how much I can say as not much has been confirmed to me yet, but it looks like it’s gonna take a lot for Isaac Davis to regain the opportunity to play at Utah State or many of his previous offers for that matter especially BYU which is a whole different story. It’s unfortunate as he was really interested in being an Aggie and had HUGE interest from big time programs but actions have consequences and sometimes that lesson is learned the hard way. Hoping the rumors aren’t true but unfortunately they sound like they are



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 15678
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 485 times
Been thanked: 1339 times
Contact:

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by treesap32 » January 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm

Wait, what happened?



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16879
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 1933 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 14th, 2022, 12:43 pm

He doesn't even graduate for 2 more years right? He's got time to make up for whatever he did, unless what he did will have him in jail.



aggieborn
Posts: 170
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieborn » January 14th, 2022, 12:47 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:43 pm
He doesn't even graduate for 2 more years right? He's got time to make up for whatever he did, unless what he did will have him in jail.
It’s most definitely not that serious but let’s just say Idaho Falls has learned this week that colleges take scholarships very seriously. I believe he’ll play D1 but he will probably make a stop at a JUCO



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 1280
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 695 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieguy13 » January 14th, 2022, 12:48 pm

New Mexico State coaching staff:
Image
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 13):
hipsterdoofus21aggiebornflying_scotsman2.0treesap32apoTrueBlueAggieFBObsessionIdaAg93AggiePTReal Life Aggie and 3 more users



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 6314
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 580 times
Been thanked: 1376 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by Aglicious » January 14th, 2022, 1:14 pm

This points to one thing...and it's not criminal, but will affect one's life in a big way - especially if you are young.



Yossarian
Posts: 7986
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 1819 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by Yossarian » January 14th, 2022, 1:38 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 1:14 pm
This points to one thing...and it's not criminal, but will affect one's life in a big way - especially if you are young.
I'm assuming he was seen wearing a BYU sweatshirt?

Unpardonable.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 9):
hipsterdoofus21Agliciousaggies22flying_scotsman2.0AggieFBObsessionutaggiesReal Life AggiegomretatFloridaAggie13


Eutaw St. Aggie

aggieborn
Posts: 170
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieborn » January 14th, 2022, 3:06 pm

treesap32 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Wait, what happened?
Big rumor is he was caught on a ring doorbell video trying to get into a house that wasn’t his I would assume w friends. The rumors are pretty serious and believable but nothing is 100% confirmed they are still mostly rumors. He’s a nice kid but has a history of doing dumb stuff. As for why he didn’t have an official BYU offer before the video is another crazy story



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 2003
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Location: The Mighty City-State of Roy, Utah
Has thanked: 2307 times
Been thanked: 993 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 14th, 2022, 3:21 pm

Well I hope we don't count out a good player for making a dumb decision when he was 16 or 17. Of course it depends on the charges pressed and everything, but look at Gary Wilkinson. The dude was a drugie, high school dropout with a terrible attitude, and he turned things around and became an awesome piece to our program. I love his story. But kids in high school do dumb things. That doesn't usually mean they are destined for NMSU.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 4):
AggieFBObsessionutaggiesaggiebornReal Life Aggie



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16879
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 1933 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 14th, 2022, 3:25 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 3:21 pm
Well I hope we don't count out a good player for making a dumb decision when he was 16 or 17. Of course it depends on the charges pressed and everything, but look at Gary Wilkinson. The dude was a drugie, high school dropout with a terrible attitude, and he turned things around and became an awesome piece to our program. I love his story. But kids in high school do dumb things. That doesn't usually mean they are destined for NMSU.
David Pak (cough, cough)
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0ViAggieReal Life Aggie



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 6314
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 580 times
Been thanked: 1376 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by Aglicious » January 14th, 2022, 5:59 pm

aggieborn wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 3:06 pm
treesap32 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Wait, what happened?
Big rumor is he was caught on a ring doorbell video trying to get into a house that wasn’t his I would assume w friends. The rumors are pretty serious and believable but nothing is 100% confirmed they are still mostly rumors. He’s a nice kid but has a history of doing dumb stuff. As for why he didn’t have an official BYU offer before the video is another crazy story
Wait...that's it? That is hardly a blip on the radar. Rumors about trying to break and enter? Idaho Falls must be low on news.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 4):
BustaMcNutttjensen_25Real Life AggieFloridaAggie13



FeartheFro
Posts: 1066
Joined: March 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by FeartheFro » January 14th, 2022, 7:40 pm

Aglicious wrote:
aggieborn wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 3:06 pm
treesap32 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Wait, what happened?
Big rumor is he was caught on a ring doorbell video trying to get into a house that wasn’t his I would assume w friends. The rumors are pretty serious and believable but nothing is 100% confirmed they are still mostly rumors. He’s a nice kid but has a history of doing dumb stuff. As for why he didn’t have an official BYU offer before the video is another crazy story
Wait...that's it? That is hardly a blip on the radar. Rumors about trying to break and enter? Idaho Falls must be low on news.
I agree and was envisioning something worse. Pretty mild in the world of “athletes screwing up”. I will say it would give me reason to step back and take another look at the kids behavior before extending an offer. If rumors are true, the kid got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. How many times did he do something like this and not get caught? Maybe never, maybe many.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggieborn
Posts: 170
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieborn » January 14th, 2022, 10:55 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 7:40 pm
Aglicious wrote:
aggieborn wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 3:06 pm
treesap32 wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:35 pm
Wait, what happened?
Big rumor is he was caught on a ring doorbell video trying to get into a house that wasn’t his I would assume w friends. The rumors are pretty serious and believable but nothing is 100% confirmed they are still mostly rumors. He’s a nice kid but has a history of doing dumb stuff. As for why he didn’t have an official BYU offer before the video is another crazy story
Wait...that's it? That is hardly a blip on the radar. Rumors about trying to break and enter? Idaho Falls must be low on news.
I agree and was envisioning something worse. Pretty mild in the world of “athletes screwing up”. I will say it would give me reason to step back and take another look at the kids behavior before extending an offer. If rumors are true, the kid got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. How many times did he do something like this and not get caught? Maybe never, maybe many.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m only putting out what I can confirm, if that’s it than I 100% agree it’s not that serious and overblown, but based on history and what’s going on it seems like Theres more to the story time will tell



SeldomSeenSmith
Posts: 71
Joined: March 29th, 2021, 10:06 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by SeldomSeenSmith » January 15th, 2022, 7:59 am

I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, it's serious enough even if he was unable to gain entry. He's 6'6" and 230 lbs. Someone that size can do a lot of damage even at 17. On the other hand, if he'd broken in, and ran into a gun owner, his basketball career may have come to an abrupt end. Some may think the police in Idaho Falls are taking this too seriously, but the Logan City Police take b & e very seriously as well. I've seen it.



Ahbye
Posts: 1978
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 423 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by Ahbye » January 15th, 2022, 11:37 am

Burglary is burglary whether you're adept at throwing balls through iron hoops or not.



slcagg
Posts: 11686
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3264 times
Been thanked: 2713 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by slcagg » June 8th, 2022, 11:35 am

aggieborn wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:30 pm
Don’t know how much I can say as not much has been confirmed to me yet, but it looks like it’s gonna take a lot for Isaac Davis to regain the opportunity to play at Utah State or many of his previous offers for that matter especially BYU which is a whole different story. It’s unfortunate as he was really interested in being an Aggie and had HUGE interest from big time programs but actions have consequences and sometimes that lesson is learned the hard way. Hoping the rumors aren’t true but unfortunately they sound like they are
Washington state recently offered.




OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 1301
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » June 8th, 2022, 11:11 pm

Ahbye wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 11:37 am
Burglary is burglary whether you're adept at throwing balls through iron hoops or not.
Right, so New Mexico State should be knocking down his door with a scholarship offer.



slcagg
Posts: 11686
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3264 times
Been thanked: 2713 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by slcagg » June 28th, 2022, 10:24 pm

And now byu has offered.

Curious on the robbery story



aggieborn
Posts: 170
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Scratch a name off the recruiting board

Post by aggieborn » July 15th, 2022, 12:09 pm

Isaac is about to pick up an SEC and or Big12 offer. The robbery story is true but must not raise as many concerns as it did initially. Thought I’d break the news before someone else does and I feel even dumber.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic