Nevada loses a contributing transfer

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

Nevada loses a contributing transfer

Post by SectionBAggie » November 23rd, 2021, 10:46 pm

SectionBAggie

Re: Nevada loses a contributing transfer

Post by SectionBAggie » November 23rd, 2021, 10:56 pm

First game without him they blow out GMU.
Could be addition by subtraction.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » November 24th, 2021, 11:23 am

I don't think it is addition by subtraction..The Pack will miss his rebounding and scoring off the bench..

However, you have to play with the team you have..Hopefully Hymes will be back soon to take up some of the slack.

The key to the game yesterday was Sherfield doing Sherfield things..One other potentially nice development was some very solid production from the bench. With Bramah and Hymes out guys who rarely see the floor had to take on significant minutes.

I have no idea how the rest of the season will go..Three of the next 4 games are away from Lawlor so that will be quite a test..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Turtle

Post by Turtle » November 24th, 2021, 11:49 am

I enjoy having you here, spuds. I feel like I know much more about Nevada than other conference mates and it makes the games between the two richer for me.

I really think the team has all the pieces to compete, so I think it is just a matter of time before they figure out how to mesh and consistently win.
These users thanked the author Turtle for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 24th, 2021, 11:51 am

Bench scoring/production has been USU's biggest weakness to this point. Starters are playing heavy minutes and the bench is contributing very little scoring. This must change for USU to have success later in the season. Miller is playing with back problems and Horvath has had to leave two games with ankle issues (although he did re-enter both games). It's a long season and a physical game. A team needs depth.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 24th, 2021, 12:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
November 24th, 2021, 11:51 am
Bench scoring/production has been USU's biggest weakness to this point. Starters are playing heavy minutes and the bench is contributing very little scoring. This must change for USU to have success later in the season. Miller is playing with back problems and Horvath has had to leave two games with ankle issues (although he did re-enter both games). It's a long season and a physical game. A team needs depth.
Ashworth has been playing quite a few minutes, but we need more production from him. Be nice to see Shulga step and be productive. Bairstow will help once he gets back. He can take some of Miller's minutes to keep him more fresh. Dorius played well in a few games, but has struggled the last 2. We need him to be a little bit more consistent. Be nice to see Hamoda continue to develop. He is pretty good on defense, but needs to improve on offense with shooting.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 24th, 2021, 12:11 pm

We have a total of 55 bench points in 5 games -- 19 of which came in a blowout of New Mexico where the bench played a lot of minutes. The bench is collectively contributing less than 14% of the scoring load.

Eutaw St. Aggie

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » November 24th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Yossarian wrote:
November 24th, 2021, 11:51 am
Bench production is why we lost to UC Davis. Our second unit gave up a 15-0 run in that game. Ever since, Odom has always had a starter or two in the game at all times.
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post:
Aggie84025

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 24th, 2021, 10:51 pm

Nevada soundly beat Washington today. I think they are starting to become what we all expected this season.

Get this, Nevada lost to SOuth Dakota State by like 30 two days ago. Yesterday Washington beats South Dakota State by 10, and today Nevada beats Washington by 20.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 25th, 2021, 5:55 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
November 24th, 2021, 10:51 pm
Nevada soundly beat Washington today. I think they are starting to become what we all expected this season.

Get this, Nevada lost to SOuth Dakota State by like 30 two days ago. Yesterday Washington beats South Dakota State by 10, and today Nevada beats Washington by 20.
I think Washington is expected to be pretty down this year. However hopefully you are right about Nevada. Too bad they didn’t figure it out before losing to half of the wcc.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Locked Previous topicNext topic