All Quiet on the Blue-Hair Front

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
cdaAg

All Quiet on the Blue-Hair Front

Post by cdaAg » November 10th, 2010, 4:49 pm

I shall be toning down and quieting after a request from an assistant AD to do so after receiving several complaints from those in my area. If you are one of those who sits near me in the Spectrum, please understand that no discomfort or irritation was intended. I love Aggie basketball and my exuberance often gets the best of me. I do miss the good ol' days of section L, row 1, seat 7. Oh how I wish I were still there.

cdaAg

Re: All Quiet on the Blue-Hair Front

Post by cdaAg » November 10th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Sorry, this was intended to have been in Stew Morrill's Court.

EDIT: It's here now. :cool2: The Management

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 10th, 2010, 5:01 pm

We need a non-student 'rowdies' setion or something. It would be nice to not stick out like a sore thumb when I stand up.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

DCS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCS » November 10th, 2010, 5:04 pm

GeoAg wrote:We need a non-student 'rowdies' setion or something. It would be nice to not stick out like a sore thumb when I stand up.
Agreed. Put it a few rows right behind the opponents' bench. :cheers:

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » November 10th, 2010, 5:15 pm

No doubt! I tell people, "It's not family home evening". They give me a courteous laugh, and then continue on their way. I get looks in Sec Q like I'm a freak. ...and they might be right. :crazy:
What can we do about this? Anyone have connections to the Ticket Office or the AD's office?

wacfan08

Post by wacfan08 » November 10th, 2010, 5:26 pm

Although I agree with most of this. I do wish that they would have ushers stop people at the top of the stair until a timeout. It drives me crazy that people are late to the game infront of me, take 2 or 3 minutes to get in thier seats and then up and down 20 times a game while the game is going. I know the Jazz use to do this not sure if they still do. ( lower bowl )

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 10th, 2010, 6:45 pm

That would be a great idea wacfan08!!!
And I'm with you guys on being shunned by the blue hairs. I'm constantly told to sit down when it's a crucial possession or exciting moment. Drives me nuts!

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 10th, 2010, 7:02 pm

tell them if they can't see over you then they should get a booster seat or drink more milk so their bones don't sag.

GoldenHurricAGG

Post by GoldenHurricAGG » November 11th, 2010, 10:22 am

GeoAg wrote:We need a non-student 'rowdies' setion or something. It would be nice to not stick out like a sore thumb when I stand up.
This is a fantastic idea, GeoAg. Every time that I have sat outside of the student section, I have felt extremely uncomfortable about my volume levels. Like many of you, there just isn't anything that I can do about it. I really love my Aggies.

By the way, I am going to be hitting up the USU v. Utah game. I will be the awkwardly out-of-place guy in section P, row 28 (I think).

"In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 11th, 2010, 10:36 am

Section E would be a great place for such a section. I have sat in Row 4 there for the past couple of years, but moved my tickets this year (Sec. B Row 12 now) because I couldn't see the corner of the court with the students standing. I was fine with standing to see, but most people around me weren't. There are quite a few season ticket holders in that area that would like to move because of that. It probably wouldn't be that hard to re-locate a lot of those fans and designate several rows as the "rowdy alum section."

Formerly TulsAGGIE

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » November 11th, 2010, 4:03 pm

I am a proud rowdy alum.. Sit right under the west basket.. We have a pretty good section of yellers and cheerers..Although it thins out going up past row 5..

My suggestion would be auditions for the right to buy seats in the first 5 rows of the spectrum (BTW this would make ESPN instantly)..Or maybe tape a magic little pill to the seats of the blue hair sections as a special gametime promo? Sponsored by logan regional hospital?

I know its not going to happen but I can dream. Some of the blue hairs around me aren't going to live much longer anyway. :golfclap:

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

pablohoney

Post by pablohoney » November 11th, 2010, 6:32 pm

GoldenHurricAGG wrote:
This is a fantastic idea, GeoAg. Every time that I have sat outside of the student section, I have felt extremely uncomfortable about my volume levels. Like many of you, there just isn't anything that I can do about it. I really love my Aggies.

By the way, I am going to be hitting up the USU v. Utah game. I will be the awkwardly out-of-place guy in section P, row 28 (I think).
I'll be out of place with you. I'm on row 27, I believe.

GoldenHurricAGG

Post by GoldenHurricAGG » November 12th, 2010, 10:51 pm

pablohoney wrote:
GoldenHurricAGG wrote:

I'll be out of place with you. I'm on row 27, I believe.
Holler at me when you see me, Pablo. I have a reddish/brownish beard and brownish glasses. I should stand out. :devil:

"In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » November 13th, 2010, 1:52 pm

I love the idea of making section E a radical alumni fan section. I believe that would make the Spectrum even louder and more fun. I did some research and found out a contact. Her name is Stephanie Plueard. She is the Assistant AD in charge of ticket operations. If enough people gave her the same suggestion, we might see the Spectrum pick it up a notch.

Her e-mail address is: Spiffyjo32@hotmail.com

Her faculty profile can be viewed, here:

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/genrel/p ... nie00.html

Here's the ticket office staff page:

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/tickets/staff.html

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Locked Previous topicNext topic