Sam Merrill signing autographs TONIGHT at Wilson Motor

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » August 27th, 2021, 4:45 pm

4-6 pm
Was hardly anyone there.

Surprised this wasn’t already posted. Not the best advertised event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

cdaAg

Re: Sam Merrill signing autographs TONIGHT at Wilson Motor

Post by cdaAg » August 27th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Man, I wish I'd seen this earlier.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » August 27th, 2021, 6:27 pm

I listen to local radio and follow all the local Facebook pages. Never heard of the event

Not sent from Tapatalk

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » August 27th, 2021, 8:59 pm

I saw a single post about it in Twitter and that was all. Was not well advertised at all, not sure why. We walked right up - no line at all. Sam was probably wondering where everyone was.

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

Turtle

Post by Turtle » August 28th, 2021, 12:48 am

WHAT. This would have been amazing.. This is the first I've heard of it. Sad..

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » August 28th, 2021, 7:59 am

Same. Def would have went and took my son.

Last edited by Usu0505 on August 28th, 2021, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AggieArmy

Post by AggieArmy » August 28th, 2021, 9:33 am

I went with my nephews and Sam and Rylan were awesome, Sam had pics of him in his Bucks and Grizzlies uniform that he was signing, I introduced Rylan to my nephews as a player on this years team who is going to hit a lot of 3s and pass to Bean a lot, he agreed. It was fun talking to to them and they were great with the boys.
These users thanked the author AggieArmy for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 28th, 2021, 11:48 am

HUGE mistakes were made with this event. First, close to ZERO advertising. Second, having the event from 4 to 6 is asinine. Elementary schools don't even get out until 3:35. 6 to 8 MAY have resulted in a better turnout. Third, it's FRIDAY NIGHT the last week of August!!! It's high school football season and all of the region schools played, including Preston and 3 of them were on the road. Finally, how hard would it have been to hold this event in the early afternoon on a Saturday??
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfReal Life Aggie

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » August 28th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Wish I would have known about this. Would have brought my signed Stew t-shirt.

Where only sage brush grows

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » August 29th, 2021, 9:05 am

Say what!!!!? How am I only hearing about this right now?

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » August 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Didn't know a thing about this. Absolute shame :( but not unusual.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 29th, 2021, 6:34 pm

I don’t want to see someone lose their job, but at least a probation period should be considered. This seems like a fairly easy thing to track down on who actually was in charge of putting this event together. It is NOT acceptable to put so little effort into this type of event with an Aggie legend involved. Pathetic.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 2):
aggies22aggiesdidwhat

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » August 29th, 2021, 7:06 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 6:34 pm
I don’t want to see someone lose their job, but at least a probation period should be considered. This seems like a fairly easy thing to track down on who actually was in charge of putting this event together. It is NOT acceptable to put so little effort into this type of event with an Aggie legend involved. Pathetic.

If it was a Wilson Motor event, then it's the people at Wilson Motors responsibility to advertise it.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 29th, 2021, 8:27 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

If it was a Wilson Motor event, then it's the people at Wilson Motors responsibility to advertise it.
Then someone at Wilson motors should be put on probation and future athletes should be very wary of doing events with them.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » August 29th, 2021, 10:41 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 8:27 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

Then someone at Wilson motors should be put on probation and future athletes should be very wary of doing events with them.

Lol. You really flipping a lid about this? I'll bet Sam didn't lose any sleep over it.

It is disappointing more people didnt get to participate tho!

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 29th, 2021, 11:06 pm

SaintAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

Lol. You really flipping a lid about this? I'll bet Sam didn't lose any sleep over it.

It is disappointing more people didnt get to participate tho!
I completely agree, Sam is not upset or like me “flipping his lid”. I feel bad for the many people that would have loved to see Sam and get the autograph of an NBA champion, something That doesn’t happen everyday in Logan, UT. With that said, I’ll bet Sam was a little disappointed with the turn-out and lack of publicity surrounding the event.

AgsRock
Has thanked: 0

Post by AgsRock » August 30th, 2021, 5:39 pm

I know that this might not help peoples pain regarding the lack of marketing for the event. I went and he signed my Milwaukee Bucks jersey in two spots and even took a picture with me and my five children. We chatted and he was awesome with the kids. Sam is a legend on and off the court.

Also, didn't know what to expect from Rylan Jones, but he was awesome and very personable. I asked Rylan if he was better than Rollie, Rylan leaned back in chair and said nervously, yeah I think so, Sam interjected and said that Rylan is better than Rollie. Anyways Rylan was a pleasant surprise.
These users thanked the author AgsRock for the post (total 8):
AggieArmyReal Life AggieBustaMcNuttaggies22aggieguy13Aggiefan33AggiePTFloridaAggie13

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » September 1st, 2021, 10:23 am

FeartheFro wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

Pretty sure Sam still got paid, regardless.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » September 11th, 2021, 12:51 am

918AGG wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 10:23 am
FeartheFro wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

Pretty sure he'll never be back to do it again for them. To say he didn't care, of course he cared.!! He put in all that work while at USU then comes back AFTER WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP! And no one shows up. That is pretty sad :(

P. S. Sorry, I know this is a really delayed response. Haven't been reading bball haha.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 11th, 2021, 7:38 am

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 12:51 am
918AGG wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 10:23 am
FeartheFro wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

Pretty sure he'll never be back to do it again for them. To say he didn't care, of course he cared.!! He put in all that work while at USU then comes back AFTER WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP! And no one shows up. That is pretty sad :(

P. S. Sorry, I know this is a really delayed response. Haven't been reading bball haha.
I think fans would have shown up, but it literally wasn’t advertised at all. That’s the point being made here.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 16th, 2021, 9:42 am

aggies22 wrote:
August 28th, 2021, 11:48 am
HUGE mistakes were made with this event. First, close to ZERO advertising. Second, having the event from 4 to 6 is asinine. Elementary schools don't even get out until 3:35. 6 to 8 MAY have resulted in a better turnout. Third, it's FRIDAY NIGHT the last week of August!!! It's high school football season and all of the region schools played, including Preston and 3 of them were on the road. Finally, how hard would it have been to hold this event in the early afternoon on a Saturday??

To your point 22, spot on. How hard would it have been to even think through this event and consider just the slightest bit of promotion? Whomever considered and arranged this event must have had no input from thinking people, OR, Sam had a brutal schedule that left only one day open. Even so, a bit of promotional energy should have drawn the crowds to see this exceptional Utah State athlete.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic