USA Women's Gymnastics brings back bad memories

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

USA Women's Gymnastics brings back bad memories

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 25th, 2021, 7:51 pm

In the broadcast of the Olympics gymnastics competition, the announcer made a comment about Simone Biles not being Simone Biles, not performing as well in the olympics, saying something about how it would hurt the score cause she took 5 steps and stuff like that. That brings back bad memories of, well, you pick the player we have had since 2001, cause that's been everyone, not looking like the same player on the stage of the NCAA Tournament that we knew them as in the regular season.

Here's to hoping Odom can can change that trend.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics brings back bad memories

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » July 25th, 2021, 8:18 pm

Simone Biles won 4 Gold Medals at the last Olympics and is at the top of the all around standings so far this time. I don't know if she is the best example of this.

You are right that losing 8 first round games and only having the game be close at the end in a couple has been frustrating for all Aggies.

AggiePT

Re: USA Women's Gymnastics brings back bad memories

Post by AggiePT » July 27th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 8:18 pm
Simone Biles won 4 Gold Medals at the last Olympics and is at the top of the all around standings so far this time. I don't know if she is the best example of this.

You are right that losing 8 first round games and only having the game be close at the end in a couple has been frustrating for all Aggies.
I agree. Biles has been there many times and dominated at the biggest stage over and over again. This is her first real failure. Not the same thing as our aggies NCAA woes.

Locked Previous topicNext topic