USU Summer Team Camp

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Yossarian

USU Summer Team Camp

Post by Yossarian » June 1st, 2021, 12:13 pm

Someone needs to get in the ear of Ryan Odom and advise him to not schedule his summer high school team camp in the same week as the Great Western Summer Classic

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... er-classic

Pretty much all of the larger (4A, 5A, and 6A) schools in Utah plus top schools from around the region (they have schools from 6 or 7 states coming this year) will be at the Great Western Classic. It would be a good chance for USU coaches to see a lot of talent at one event - but they will be working a camp with a few 4A, 3A, and 2A type schools at USU (UVU has their team camp during the same week, as well). USU is not going to attract many teams to their camp because they all want to participate in the Great Western Classic.

Next year, I would advise them to schedule around this event with the USU team camp.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 3):
aggies22USU78Aggie in Boise

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie in Boise

Re: USU Summer Team Camp

Post by Aggie in Boise » June 1st, 2021, 8:14 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 12:13 pm
Someone needs to get in the ear of Ryan Odom and advise him to not schedule his summer high school team camp in the same week as the Great Western Summer Classic

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... er-classic

Pretty much all of the larger (4A, 5A, and 6A) schools in Utah plus top schools from around the region (they have schools from 6 or 7 states coming this year) will be at the Great Western Classic. It would be a good chance for USU coaches to see a lot of talent at one event - but they will be working a camp with a few 4A, 3A, and 2A type schools at USU (UVU has their team camp during the same week, as well). USU is not going to attract many teams to their camp because they all want to participate in the Great Western Classic.

Next year, I would advise them to schedule around this event with the USU team camp.
Amen! My son's team will be playing in the GWSC.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
aggies22

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Locked Previous topicNext topic