Neemias Working on his Shot

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgMan21

Neemias Working on his Shot

Post by AgMan21 » May 24th, 2021, 11:26 am

I get it’s a highlight video but he’s looking good.

https://twitter.com/rbritoreis/status/ ... 48838?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post:
AggieArmy

Yossarian

Re: Neemias Working on his Shot

Post by Yossarian » May 24th, 2021, 11:38 am

AgMan21 wrote:
May 24th, 2021, 11:26 am
I get it’s a highlight video but he’s looking good.

https://twitter.com/rbritoreis/status/ ... 48838?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He needs to work on his shirt - that is loud.

In all seriousness - I hope he is successful and has a long career in the NBA. He seems like a genuinely good person and a hard worker.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 24th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Que gostoso!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
tugafan

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » May 24th, 2021, 12:27 pm

how many 3 pointers was that in a row?

Where only sage brush grows

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm

I always thought we missed an opportunity not utilizing his outside shot more. He has a sweeter stroke from deep than Bean. As evidenced by how his FT % improved I think with enough reps he could've been good for 1-2 threes a game.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 24th, 2021, 3:01 pm

He's always had good form and a decent touch. I expect he'll develop his shot as a pro

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » May 24th, 2021, 3:34 pm

He looks bigger to me in that video, especially his legs and arms. Really looking like an NBA player.

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » May 24th, 2021, 3:37 pm

This is always a problem with college players. With class and such the only tie a player really has to expand his game is during the off season. Since Neemi was injured in off seasons he could only expand his game so much. now that he has no school and full time trainers I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even recognize his game by the time he sees time in the pros. If the NBA has a combine this year and he is invited his numbers and performance should open some eyes.
These users thanked the author AgSpaceCase for the post:
aggies22

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 24th, 2021, 3:56 pm

I see Neemi as a mix between Pascal Siakam, Myles Turner, and Marc Gasol. I think his development will follow a similar path as Pascal Siakam. Once Pascal developed his outside shot he became so much more valuable. It took Siakam 2 full seasons to get there. Queta is taller and likely to be in the paint more as a rim protector though and I think Neemi can have the defensive impact as Myles Turner as a shot blocker. Natural timing and willing to chase people down from behind. Neemi also passes very well and a team could eventually run the ball through him like what teams have done with Gasol late in his career, especially as part of the second rotation line-up.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » May 24th, 2021, 7:48 pm

Nice, go Neemias!

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 25th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Really gonna miss watching him play. May never see another like him in Aggie blue.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » May 25th, 2021, 5:06 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 4:23 pm
Really gonna miss watching him play. May never see another like him in Aggie blue.

Interesting take on Queta's game in this video. The thing I found most interesting is they say that his role in the NBA will NOT be as a post up player. That seems very odd to me, as that was his strength and primary, if not only, role as a collegiate player. I wonder what they see him as if not a post up player. Is this why he is working so much on his outside shot?

Eutaw St. Aggie

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 25th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » May 25th, 2021, 8:25 pm

Yossarian wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 5:06 pm

Interesting take on Queta's game in this video. The thing I found most interesting is they say that his role in the NBA will NOT be as a post up player. That seems very odd to me, as that was his strength and primary, if not only, role as a collegiate player. I wonder what they see him as if not a post up player. Is this why he is working so much on his outside shot?
It said he had high usage in the post which will likely not be his role in the NBA and I don't disagree. The NBA defenders will be faster, stronger, more athletic, than what he faced in college and while Neemi is pretty awesome, I think he may have more offensive success hitting 10-15 foot jump shots or rolling to the hoop for a dunk. At USU, he got frequent touches in the post because he was our best player and did well finishing against a single D1 defender or making a good pass when he got doubled. If he develops post moves and footwork like Nate Harris or Tai Wesley, then I think he would earn high usage in the post.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » May 26th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Pacobag wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 8:25 pm
Yossarian wrote:

It said he had high usage in the post which will likely not be his role in the NBA and I don't disagree. The NBA defenders will be faster, stronger, more athletic, than what he faced in college and while Neemi is pretty awesome, I think he may have more offensive success hitting 10-15 foot jump shots or rolling to the hoop for a dunk. At USU, he got frequent touches in the post because he was our best player and did well finishing against a single D1 defender or making a good pass when he got doubled. If he develops post moves and footwork like Nate Harris or Tai Wesley, then I think he would earn high usage in the post.
He'll likely run more pick and roll action in the NBA (why Smith never ran it is beyond me), where he'll be an incredible roll man if the defender goes over the screen, pass back to the cutter, or pop out for a jump shot over a smaller defender. Honestly, I think he only scratched the surface of his potential at USU.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 26th, 2021, 8:01 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Pacobag wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 8:25 pm
Yossarian wrote:

He'll likely run more pick and roll action in the NBA (why Smith never ran it is beyond me), where he'll be an incredible roll man if the defender goes over the screen, pass back to the cutter, or pop out for a jump shot over a smaller defender. Honestly, I think he only scratched the surface of his potential at USU.
Considering how raw Neemi was when he got to USU I think the staff did a good job of developing him. That being said, he has a lot of untapped potential left and a couple more years of development in the NBA (G-League even) will do more wonders for him. A bit like Siakam’s road map in my mind.

Locked Previous topicNext topic