Schedule Machinations??

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Winkie

Schedule Machinations??

Post by Winkie » May 4th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Interest continues on roster moves. Rightfully so....

But, a next, near term subject of interest coming up will be what kind of schedule will the new staff be cobbling together for the coming year. Any nuggets of information out there on what they are thinking, offers, actions - beyond the generalities of the opening press conference - as to opponents, venues, dates, COVID make-ups and accommodations? To which MTE's have the Aggies been invited, and which invitation(s) will they accept this season? Anybody hear anything yet?

I see some notices of games contracted and being announced by some programs across the country already. The topic is beginning to creep up on us. Just figured I'd put it out there, glean any information anyone might have heard regarding the schedule detail for our favorite home team (if any has been made known).

Bank Shot

Re: Schedule Machinations??

Post by Bank Shot » May 4th, 2021, 5:46 pm

I have nothing, but here's a link that shows how the pre-season/Thanksgiving tourneys are shaping up. BSU, CSU, SDSU, Nevada, Wyoming, and UNLV already have invites but nothing showing USU yet.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2021 ... ournaments.

USU site does have us playing an unknown exhibition on Oct 29, but no dates on @BYU and home vs. St Maries.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
IdaAg93

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » May 4th, 2021, 6:07 pm

I heard from my sources that there will be no games scheduled or played by USU basketball this next season unless Coach Odom brings in a former 4* point guard from a P5. :sarcasm:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 4th, 2021, 7:04 pm

AggiePT wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 6:07 pm
I heard from my sources that there will be no games scheduled or played by USU basketball this next season unless Coach Odom brings in a former 4* point guard from a P5. :sarcasm:
So Rylan Jones then?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm

I'd love for us to go to the Myrtle Beach classic. I was planning to go last year before the world went haywire.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Winkie

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 4th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 5:46 pm
I have nothing, but here's a link that shows how the pre-season/Thanksgiving tourneys are shaping up. BSU, CSU, SDSU, Nevada, Wyoming, and UNLV already have invites but nothing showing USU yet.

USU site does have us playing an unknown exhibition on Oct 29, but no dates on @BYU and home vs. St Maries.
Thanks... I see 3 “TBA” slots still open at Orlando Invitational on that website. Thanksgiving at Disney World would be a nice venue for some holiday hoops.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 4th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Bank Shot wrote:

Is a home game with St. Mary official? If so that is awesome.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » May 4th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 8:45 pm
Bank Shot wrote:

Is a home game with St. Mary official? If so that is awesome.
I'd also like to see us reschedule that game with Mississippi State and maybe UC Irvine as well.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
sstrasser

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 19th, 2021, 1:43 pm

So, it looks like the MTE is announced:

https://espnevents.com/myrtle-beach-invitational/

Bracket to be installed later, but Aggies listed among the participating teams.

Any other schedule news?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 19th, 2021, 1:47 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm
I'd love for us to go to the Myrtle Beach classic. I was planning to go last year before the world went haywire.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:notworthy:
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 19th, 2021, 1:54 pm

May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm
Looks like your wish has come true!! :notworthy:
These users thanked the author Winkie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 20th, 2021, 10:31 am

Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

Also Aggies from everywhere. I was at the football game against Wake Forest two years ago and the Aggie crowd was great. Hope we get another good size crowd for this. I only live a few hours away from the Old Dominion campus and have wanted the Aggies to play them or another Virginia school for a while. Too bad it isn't in Virginia, but I'll take this.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » May 20th, 2021, 11:01 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

Also Aggies from everywhere. I was at the football game against Wake Forest two years ago and the Aggie crowd was great. Hope we get another good size crowd for this. I only live a few hours away from the Old Dominion campus and have wanted the Aggies to play them or another Virginia school for a while. Too bad it isn't in Virginia, but I'll take this.
This Aggie on the East Coast will be there! I was ecstatic to see the Aggies were going to Myrtle Beach this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Heisenberg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 20th, 2021, 2:33 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 11:01 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

This Aggie on the East Coast will be there! I was ecstatic to see the Aggies were going to Myrtle Beach this year!

Glad you'll be there Werner Heisenberg! I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm

Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there Werner Heisenberg! I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!
Actually he’s a high school teacher.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 20th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there
Werner Heisenberg!
I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Maybe he can drive his RV there and cook for everyone at the tailgate party.

These users thanked the author LoveMyAggies for the post:
aggies22

Heisenberg

Schedule Machinations??

Post by Heisenberg » May 21st, 2021, 1:41 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there
Werner Heisenberg!
I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Maybe he can drive his RV there and cook for everyone at the tailgate party.

I don’t have the RV anymore. My business associate and I had to take it to the junkyard.

But cooking? Yes, I can cook.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » May 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Correct...at least I was until I tried to seduce my boss.

Winkie

Post by Winkie » June 12th, 2021, 7:59 pm

Back to the Topic of this thread:

So, we have the MTE in Myrtle Beach. Any other news on the non-conference schedule? Getting to be summer and these things should be sorting themselves out......

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 16th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Me likey. Likely our season opener. Hope we get Richmond.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
USU78Bank ShotWinkie

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » June 16th, 2021, 8:37 pm

I would think Odom's Baltimore connections landed that one.

NewUSUfan

Post by NewUSUfan » June 17th, 2021, 11:45 am

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » June 17th, 2021, 11:50 am

NewUSUfan wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 11:45 am
Right on, my two alma maters going head-to-head. I hope USU crushes them.
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post:
Winkie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 17th, 2021, 12:34 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 11:50 am
NewUSUfan wrote:
This is a great mid-major matchup. Kudos to Coach O for landing it. It'd be nice to get a warm-up game at home against bo diddly tech to work out the kinks, but I think this will be the opener.

(EDIT: check that, the season starts November 9. Maybe we can get Idaho St up to the Spectrum).
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Winkie

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » June 17th, 2021, 12:47 pm

NewUSUfan wrote:
Looks like I have another game to talk with wife into going to since Annapolis is only a few hours down the road from us. :rock:
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
Winkie

aggies95

Post by aggies95 » June 17th, 2021, 1:32 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 12:34 pm
AgMan21 wrote:
NewUSUfan wrote:
This is a great mid-major matchup. Kudos to Coach O for landing it. It'd be nice to get a warm-up game at home against bo diddly tech to work out the kinks, but I think this will be the opener.

(EDIT: check that, the season starts November 9. Maybe we can get Idaho St up to the Spectrum).
This will be a challenging opener, to put it mildly. From the Richmond press release - "Richmond will return 15 of its 16 players from the 2020-21 season, when the Spiders went 14-9. Richmond's roster includes four 1,000-point scorers who elected to use their additional year of COVID-19 eligibility to remain at Richmond: Nathan Cayo (senior), Jacob Gilyard (senior), Grant Golden (senior), and Nick Sherod (senior)."

I'll point out that last year's Richmond team beat Kentucky, Loyola Chicago, and was a bubble team for a good portion of the year. They faltered down the stretch and ended up getting a 2 seed in the NIT. In Lunardi's pre-season bracket, they are first four in with an at-large. Would be a fantastic win. They will have the advantage in terms of chemistry and cohesion. It will be an excellent test for us.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 17th, 2021, 1:50 pm

aggies95 wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 1:32 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 12:34 pm
AgMan21 wrote:
NewUSUfan wrote:

This will be a challenging opener, to put it mildly. From the Richmond press release - "Richmond will return 15 of its 16 players from the 2020-21 season, when the Spiders went 14-9. Richmond's roster includes four 1,000-point scorers who elected to use their additional year of COVID-19 eligibility to remain at Richmond: Nathan Cayo (senior), Jacob Gilyard (senior), Grant Golden (senior), and Nick Sherod (senior)."

I'll point out that last year's Richmond team beat Kentucky, Loyola Chicago, and was a bubble team for a good portion of the year. They faltered down the stretch and ended up getting a 2 seed in the NIT. In Lunardi's pre-season bracket, they are first four in with an at-large. Would be a fantastic win. They will have the advantage in terms of chemistry and cohesion. It will be an excellent test for us.
Yep, this will be a huge test. I certainly hope for a win, but think this will be a very difficult game for us. Not to mention playing 2 time zones away when it is only a short bus ride for Richmond. Richmond was good last year and will for sure have the upper hand in terms of chemistry etc. Overall it is a great matchup. One of those games that if you win it is a resume booster, but if you lose it will probably not hurt your resume. Aggies will play 4 games on the eastern seaboard this coming season.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Winkie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 17th, 2021, 5:52 pm

Awesome to see more Aggie games being played on the East Coast! Keep them coming.

And yeah Richmond is a solid program. Saw them play George Mason a few years ago. Like us they had a great season stolen by covid. They would have been in the 2020 tournament with a shot to make a run.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » June 17th, 2021, 6:23 pm

I've heard their players are eensie and weensie. True?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 17th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Not the opener after all. We get UC-Davis in the Spectrum.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
USU78

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 17th, 2021, 9:24 pm

So….

Nov. 9, UC-Davis
Nov. 12, Richmond
Nov. 18, 19, 20 Myrtle Beach Invite
TBA, @BYU
TBA, St. Mary’s

Wonder if we’ll try to squeeze another east coast game in between Richmond and the Myrtle Beach and just stay out there the whole time. Maybe a game @UMBC?

Scheduling looking pretty good so far.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 17th, 2021, 10:09 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:06 pm

This is a perfect game to start the season especially with a new coaching staff and several new players.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 17th, 2021, 10:09 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:24 pm
So….

Nov. 9, UC-Davis
Nov. 12, Richmond
TBA, @BYU
TBA, St. Mary’s

Wonder if we’ll try to squeeze another east coast game in between Richmond and the Myrtle Beach and just stay out there the whole time. Maybe a game @UMBC?

there will be a home game against Weber as well.

Winkie

Post by Winkie » June 18th, 2021, 9:23 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:24 pm
So….

Nov. 9, UC-Davis
Nov. 12, Richmond
TBA, @BYU
TBA, St. Mary’s

This was along my thinking also, as to just staying on the "Right-hand coast" for the week between Annapolis to Myrtle. (Maybe pencil in a visit to Wake Forest, his father's old stomping grounds?)

Winkie

Post by Winkie » June 18th, 2021, 9:27 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Another "Aggies" vs. "Aggies" matchup... :-)

Locked Previous topicNext topic