Schedule Machinations??

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Winkie

Schedule Machinations??

Post by Winkie » May 4th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Interest continues on roster moves. Rightfully so....

But, a next, near term subject of interest coming up will be what kind of schedule will the new staff be cobbling together for the coming year. Any nuggets of information out there on what they are thinking, offers, actions - beyond the generalities of the opening press conference - as to opponents, venues, dates, COVID make-ups and accommodations? To which MTE's have the Aggies been invited, and which invitation(s) will they accept this season? Anybody hear anything yet?

I see some notices of games contracted and being announced by some programs across the country already. The topic is beginning to creep up on us. Just figured I'd put it out there, glean any information anyone might have heard regarding the schedule detail for our favorite home team (if any has been made known).

Bank Shot

Re: Schedule Machinations??

Post by Bank Shot » May 4th, 2021, 5:46 pm

I have nothing, but here's a link that shows how the pre-season/Thanksgiving tourneys are shaping up. BSU, CSU, SDSU, Nevada, Wyoming, and UNLV already have invites but nothing showing USU yet.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2021 ... ournaments.

USU site does have us playing an unknown exhibition on Oct 29, but no dates on @BYU and home vs. St Maries.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
IdaAg93

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » May 4th, 2021, 6:07 pm

I heard from my sources that there will be no games scheduled or played by USU basketball this next season unless Coach Odom brings in a former 4* point guard from a P5. :sarcasm:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 4th, 2021, 7:04 pm

AggiePT wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 6:07 pm
I heard from my sources that there will be no games scheduled or played by USU basketball this next season unless Coach Odom brings in a former 4* point guard from a P5. :sarcasm:
So Rylan Jones then?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm

I'd love for us to go to the Myrtle Beach classic. I was planning to go last year before the world went haywire.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Winkie

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 4th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 5:46 pm
I have nothing, but here's a link that shows how the pre-season/Thanksgiving tourneys are shaping up. BSU, CSU, SDSU, Nevada, Wyoming, and UNLV already have invites but nothing showing USU yet.

USU site does have us playing an unknown exhibition on Oct 29, but no dates on @BYU and home vs. St Maries.
Thanks... I see 3 “TBA” slots still open at Orlando Invitational on that website. Thanksgiving at Disney World would be a nice venue for some holiday hoops.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 4th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Bank Shot wrote:

Is a home game with St. Mary official? If so that is awesome.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » May 4th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 8:45 pm
Bank Shot wrote:

Is a home game with St. Mary official? If so that is awesome.
I'd also like to see us reschedule that game with Mississippi State and maybe UC Irvine as well.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
sstrasser

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 19th, 2021, 1:43 pm

So, it looks like the MTE is announced:

https://espnevents.com/myrtle-beach-invitational/

Bracket to be installed later, but Aggies listed among the participating teams.

Any other schedule news?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 19th, 2021, 1:47 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm
I'd love for us to go to the Myrtle Beach classic. I was planning to go last year before the world went haywire.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:notworthy:
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Winkie

Post by Winkie » May 19th, 2021, 1:54 pm

May 4th, 2021, 7:25 pm
Looks like your wish has come true!! :notworthy:
These users thanked the author Winkie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 20th, 2021, 10:31 am

Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

Also Aggies from everywhere. I was at the football game against Wake Forest two years ago and the Aggie crowd was great. Hope we get another good size crowd for this. I only live a few hours away from the Old Dominion campus and have wanted the Aggies to play them or another Virginia school for a while. Too bad it isn't in Virginia, but I'll take this.

Heisenberg
Has thanked: 0

Post by Heisenberg » May 20th, 2021, 11:01 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

Also Aggies from everywhere. I was at the football game against Wake Forest two years ago and the Aggie crowd was great. Hope we get another good size crowd for this. I only live a few hours away from the Old Dominion campus and have wanted the Aggies to play them or another Virginia school for a while. Too bad it isn't in Virginia, but I'll take this.
This Aggie on the East Coast will be there! I was ecstatic to see the Aggies were going to Myrtle Beach this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Heisenberg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 20th, 2021, 2:33 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 11:01 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

This Aggie on the East Coast will be there! I was ecstatic to see the Aggies were going to Myrtle Beach this year!

Glad you'll be there Werner Heisenberg! I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm

Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there Werner Heisenberg! I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!
Actually he’s a high school teacher.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 20th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there
Werner Heisenberg!
I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Maybe he can drive his RV there and cook for everyone at the tailgate party.

These users thanked the author LoveMyAggies for the post:
aggies22

Heisenberg

Schedule Machinations??

Post by Heisenberg » May 21st, 2021, 1:41 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Heisenberg wrote:

Glad you'll be there
Werner Heisenberg!
I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!

Maybe he can drive his RV there and cook for everyone at the tailgate party.

I don’t have the RV anymore. My business associate and I had to take it to the junkyard.

But cooking? Yes, I can cook.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » May 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Correct...at least I was until I tried to seduce my boss.

Winkie

Post by Winkie » Yesterday, 7:59 pm

Back to the Topic of this thread:

So, we have the MTE in Myrtle Beach. Any other news on the non-conference schedule? Getting to be summer and these things should be sorting themselves out......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic