Best player in Idaho in eighth grade

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
signalwar

Best player in Idaho in eighth grade

Post by signalwar » April 25th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Is he why we offered his older brother?
Good luck with that.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/preps ... fb5e5.html

ineptimusprime

Re: Best player in Idaho in eighth grade

Post by ineptimusprime » April 25th, 2021, 4:22 pm

The most interesting nugget from that article is that Deshun Harwell is looking to walk-on here right now.

IIRC, Malek Harwell was pretty disappointing at Boise State.

Let’s see if Isiah still looks dominant when the other kids hit puberty. 8th grade is such a weird age where kids are at very different stages. Then we can start talking about him going to a P5 school.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
MrBiggle

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 25th, 2021, 9:24 pm

I never buy the hype of the middle schooler who is the next “great”. He’s hit his growth spurt and may or may not grow more but others have not his their growth spurt.

I know every HS reporter wants to be able to claim they have such a good eye for talent they saw the kid in
Middle school - but it’s unfair to the kid and a little premature for reporting.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 25th, 2021, 9:36 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 25th, 2021, 9:24 pm
I never buy the hype of the middle schooler who is the next “great”. He’s hit his growth spurt and may or may not grow more but others have not his their growth spurt.

I know every HS reporter wants to be able to claim they have such a good eye for talent they saw the kid in
Middle school - but it’s unfair to the kid and a little premature for reporting.
Wait what? You are telling me Seventh Woods didn't turn out to be Michael Jordan? No way.

aggiegrey

Post by aggiegrey » April 25th, 2021, 10:22 pm

While this kid may not turn out to be anything in a few years, having officiated this kid on multiple occasions he is the real deal. The way he plays the game makes it look easy and not just against kids his own age. While only my opinion, as a freshman this kid would start on any varsity team in cache valley.

Locked Previous topicNext topic