RIP Shaler Halimon

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Gljflyfloater

Re: RIP Shaler Halimon

Post by Gljflyfloater » May 1st, 2021, 10:57 am

Yep. Athletics were incredible during that period of time. John Ralston on the football field and Ladell Anderson coaching basketball.

Gljflyfloater

Post by Gljflyfloater » May 1st, 2021, 11:29 am

Yep. John Ralston coaching football and Ladell Anderson basketball. Two incredible programs!!!

cval

Post by cval » May 1st, 2021, 11:41 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 8:33 am
Gljflyfloater wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 9:28 pm
Poet script. I met Cornel Green in Ladel Andeson’s office and played against him in practice. He was an All American basketball player and was drafted by the New Jersey nets and the Dallas Cowboys. As a professional football player he was an All Pro Corner back. This is story for another day but I think the three of them were the three best basketball players in Aggie history. Gljflyfloater
You got me by a couple of years. And you got me by one player, Cornell Green. I listened to him play, but never saw him play.
Sigh. Great memories of those old greats. We are blessed.
There are a handful of us here old enough to have seen all three play. :utah: :state:
These users thanked the author cval for the post:
mcaggie1

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » May 2nd, 2021, 1:39 pm

I watched Cornell Green play basketball back in the day. He had a shot fake that was so authentic that so many players went for game after game drawing fouls and Cornell getting a free throw event He was also built very solidly. Golden Days for AGGIE ATHLETICS on the gridiron and on the court. Ralston and Anderson were the best.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
USU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic