Eytle-Rock

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LoveMyAggies

Re: Eytle-Rock

Post by LoveMyAggies » April 19th, 2021, 5:58 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
I liked his passing and enthusiasm, he will quickly become part of the spectrum magic and learn to feed off of it.

Imagine him hitting Bean a few times for some ally oops. This group will be fun to watch.

I think a pass first pg who excells at penetrating and can shoot 35%+ from 3 will be the biggest need pending a transfer fill.

Needs to have some height and length as well preferably 6’1+

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 19th, 2021, 6:10 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 5:43 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 5:40 pm
April 19th, 2021, 5:22 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 5:14 pm
aggies22 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:42 pm
aggies95 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:08 pm
Those that I've spoken to know that I've been waiting for this one for almost a week. This is one of the reasons I've been saying relax.
Objectively, it's a good pick-up. However, the coaching staff thus far has only managed to lose key players from last year's team and bring a few from their old school. Not terribly impressive. Are they adding any new talent in the near future that we should be excited about?
The other day you were saying our foundational players were already on the team lol. Now you are coming to the basic understanding that Smith didn't leave the necessary talent to win the MW?

Horvath and Eytle-Rock are great pick ups.
Never said that, said there are guys on the roster that could potentially be foundational players. They have the talent, it's on them.
Disagree they have the talent to be foundational players. Foundational players mean your best players, your leaders and guys you build around to win at a high level. The three you mentioned don't match the criteria. Hope they contribute and are solid, but you aren't making the NCAA tournament building around Bairstow and McChesney, sorry. Besides Bean there is a good chance Eytle-Rock and Horvath will be our best players next year. Hopefully Odom adds another proven transfer before this is done.
Or two. Or three. Or hey, let’s talk Marco into staying. Or maybe Fonz?

Between Miller’s health issues, and guys currently on the roster maybe wanting to leave after guys are added that will be taking PT from them, I think the odds are good that we will be adding at least 3 more players to the roster next year that are not currently on the roster.
Sure. Odom has now brought his two best players with him. Let's see him now convince a Desi Sills or a CJ Frederick to come spend the rest of their college career helping USU win games.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 19th, 2021, 6:42 pm

umbc32244 wrote:
BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 5:34 pm
Watching his highlights, he really reminds me of Matt Mitchell. It looks like he likes to dribble a lot. It also looks like he plays pretty darn calm and collected.

I've got to go watch a full UMBC game from last year, now.

This was the de facto "AE Regular Season Title" game. Winner got #1 seed.
You’re a stud, thanks!

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 19th, 2021, 6:50 pm

April 19th, 2021, 6:10 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:
Those that I've spoken to know that I've been waiting for this one for almost a week. This is one of the reasons I've been saying relax.
Objectively, it's a good pick-up. However, the coaching staff thus far has only managed to lose key players from last year's team and bring a few from their old school. Not terribly impressive. Are they adding any new talent in the near future that we should be excited about?
The other day you were saying our foundational players were already on the team lol. Now you are coming to the basic understanding that Smith didn't leave the necessary talent to win the MW?

Never said that, said there are guys on the roster that could potentially be foundational players. They have the talent, it's on them.
Disagree they have the talent to be foundational players. Foundational players mean your best players, your leaders and guys you build around to win at a high level. The three you mentioned don't match the criteria. Hope they contribute and are solid, but you aren't making the NCAA tournament building around Bairstow and McChesney, sorry. Besides Bean there is a good chance Eytle-Rock and Horvath will be our best players next year. Hopefully Odom adds another proven transfer before this is done.

Between Miller’s health issues, and guys currently on the roster maybe wanting to leave after guys are added that will be taking PT from them, I think the odds are good that we will be adding at least 3 more players to the roster next year that are not currently on the roster.
Sure. Odom has now brought his two best players with him. Let's see him now convince a Desi Sills or a CJ Frederick to come spend the rest of their college career helping USU win games.
There's talk that Kentucky has reached out to CJ Fredrick, so you can scratch him off the list.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 19th, 2021, 7:04 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 6:50 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:

There's talk that Kentucky has reached out to CJ Fredrick, so you can scratch him off the list.
:disappointed:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 19th, 2021, 7:17 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:

Guys that produced at a P5 school at the level of a Desi Sills or a CJ Frederick are going to transfer up the P5 ladder, not down to a G5 school. Look at guys in the portal that did well in lower-level conferences or P5 guys that didn’t get a lot of PT. Those are the players we are competitive for in the portal.

Michael Nuga from Kent State is a prime example of what a realistic home run would look like, IMO. But I’d guess he’ll end up P5.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
3rdGenAggie

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 19th, 2021, 7:52 pm

I just watched that full game YouTube video. Eytle-Rock is a gem. I really didn't see any weakness in his game. I'm very, very happy to have him. Horvath is an OK piece, but, Eytle is going to be rock solid for us.
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post:
aggies22

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 19th, 2021, 8:15 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 7:52 pm
I just watched that full game YouTube video. Eytle-Rock is a gem. I really didn't see any weakness in his game. I'm very, very happy to have him. Horvath is an OK piece, but, Eytle is going to be rock solid for us.
Are you plaintiff’s attorney or somethin’ :joking:?

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 19th, 2021, 8:18 pm

I’ll take this over a “Power 5” transfer with no playing time anyday! Aggies!!

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 8:15 pm
BLUERUFiO wrote:
Objection: unduly burdensome, vague, and seeks irrelevant information not calculated to lead to admissible evidence. Subject to and without waiving these objections: yes.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 19th, 2021, 8:33 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
BLUERUFiO wrote:
Objection: unduly burdensome, vague, and seeks irrelevant information not calculated to lead to admissible evidence. Subject to and without waiving these objections: yes.
Lol. Well played.

I’d never rule out joining the light side some day, as much fun as it is tracking my time in 6 minute increments.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 19th, 2021, 8:34 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:

Maybe he would want to play for an NCAA tournament team?

Eutaw St. Aggie

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 19th, 2021, 8:43 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 8:33 pm
BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
BLUERUFiO wrote:
Lol. Well played.

I’d never rule out joining the light side some day, as much fun as it is tracking my time in 6 minute increments.
I love it. Hit me up anytime if you have questions about the light side.

Mike_Child

Post by Mike_Child » April 19th, 2021, 11:34 pm

aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:
One of the reasons?? Do tell!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Mike_Child for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

stang

Post by stang » April 20th, 2021, 1:00 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 7:17 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:

Guys that produced at a P5 school at the level of a Desi Sills or a CJ Frederick are going to transfer up the P5 ladder, not down to a G5 school. Look at guys in the portal that did well in lower-level conferences or P5 guys that didn’t get a lot of PT. Those are the players we are competitive for in the portal.

Michael Nuga from Kent State is a prime example of what a realistic home run would look like, IMO. But I’d guess he’ll end up P5.
In general, you're probably right. But look at what SDSU has done getting guys like Malachi Flynn and now Matt Bradley. I'd like for USU to be in regular contact with that type of player, and not just for PR reasons. You just never know when a player is in need of a change of scenery and could find the right fit in Logan.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 20th, 2021, 7:24 am

stang wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 1:00 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 7:17 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
aggies95 wrote:

In general, you're probably right. But look at what SDSU has done getting guys like Malachi Flynn and now Matt Bradley. I'd like for USU to be in regular contact with that type of player, and not just for PR reasons. You just never know when a player is in need of a change of scenery and could find the right fit in Logan.
Agreed. It’s always worth the call.

Locked Previous topicNext topic